shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your Quintessential Diamond Numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 10:03:27 AM
Author: strmrdr
34c
41p
61d
56t
80lgf
60stars
Tight

edit: Im not so sure about answering this there are a ton of combos that make for kicken diamonds.
Im going to leave my answer but just keep in mind there are thousands of other combos I wouldnt throw away.
Even with this one I might end up using it for a fishing lure.
There isnt much use for diamonds on a island in a survival situation.

strmrdr stone star 60 lower girdle 80.png

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
i don''t know how to read those images, but mine has a lot more dark brown than the others. I guess that''s not so good?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 1:12:33 PM
Author: Wren
i don't know how to read those images, but mine has a lot more dark brown than the others. I guess that's not so good?

You traded off fire for brightness is all it means.
If thats what you love then its not a bad thing.

I did also but didnt go as far.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Ah. I''d never seen those kind of diamond models. What are they anyway?
Yes, from looking around at the diamonds locally, I vastly prefer the ones that return lots of bright white light over ones that have lots of little fire sparkles. Hey, they''d make better S.O.S signals for passing ships!
9.gif

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 1:59:12 PM
Author: Wren
Ah. I'd never seen those kind of diamond models. What are they anyway?
Yes, from looking around at the diamonds locally, I vastly prefer the ones that return lots of bright white light over ones that have lots of little fire sparkles. Hey, they'd make better S.O.S signals for passing ships!
9.gif
Left to right they are AGS ASET raytracing for 30 degree and 40 blue obscuration and the AGS fire map, first row face up, second row 15 degree tilt. ASET images tell you, among other things, where the diamond is collect its light from that is returned to the viewer.

firemap key.jpg

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Kenny,
This is my first ever post, because I loved the way you positioned the issue.
You asked a simple question, you deserve a simple answer:

Depth % 60.8
Table % 55
Crown Angle 34.5
Pavillion Angle 40.8

Sincerely,
David

PS - The above figures have been rounded to precision intervals for the proportions used in the GIA Diamond Cut Grading System (ha, ha)

goodpointz

Rough_Rock
Marty, thanks for the ASET images. Any chance we could get you to divulge your favorite numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results