shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your Quintessential Diamond Numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's say you are stuck on a desert island and you could have one CD, one partner and one diamond.

You probably know what CD you would bring.

If you were a straight man you might want a female with certain measurements, say 38 24 36.

Now if you could have only one round diamond, what would be your ideal measurements?

Give me four numbers, not a range.
I'm not asking about size, clarity, color or Lab.
Just four numbers for a standard round brilliant:

Depth %
Table %
Crown Angle
Pavillion Angle

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what is the landscape of this desert island? how is the weather?

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
and what clothes do i have to wear on the island

and does it have to be a round diamond? cuz those really aren''t my favs.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think there is a meaningful ultimate 'best' for those three numbers.

Those are good stats to have after having already decided you can't live without a perfect round brilliant diamond.

Well, that is quite a restrictive assumption.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
67 views of this thread, but not one reply?

I have noticed people are always mentioning in threads that they like this or that angle, or that table seems too big.

The silence here surprises me.

So nobody here has four favorite numbers in their head?

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Cloths, landscape and weather would make a difference b/c of lighting - so tell us about the island and we will give you the numbers.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay
Full Sun
Black Sand beches with palm trees
Temp 72 degrees F during the days, gentle breezes
67 degrees at night
There is an old shipwreck filled with caviar and champagne and Hawaiian shirts, a hammock and a ukulele
The island is surrounded by lobsters and crab

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 10:54:21 AM
Author:kenny

Let''s say you are stuck on a desert island and you could have one CD, one partner and one diamond.

You probably know what CD you would bring.

If you were a straight man you might want a female with certain measurements, say 38 24 36.

Now if you could have only one round diamond, what would be your ideal measurements?

Give me four numbers, not a range.
I''m not asking about size, clarity, color or Lab.
Just four numbers for a standard round brilliant:

Depth %
Table %
Crown Angle
Pavillion Angle
Hey!! I know for a fact my measurements are not 38 24 36 and my husband better still choose to bring me.
5.gif

What sort of mounting would we put this special diamond in?

Oh and can it be any size?
31.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Well, if you were an intelligent man with an IQ above room temperature, it might be more important to pick someone you'd enjoy talking to --- considering you're on a deserted island with nothing to do.
2.gif

The physical measurements are fine.....but what are you gonna do the other 23.5 hours?
11.gif

If you cared about being rescued at all, you should focus on her IQ number instead of her measurements. If she's smart, she can help figure out a way to get you both rescued and contribute to the effort. Standing there looking good does not parlay into rescue efforts well.
9.gif

67 views and no replies, you say? Maybe it's because folks realize there's more than one set of ideal parameters.
2.gif
Or maybe it's because one would find a sandwich much more useful than a diamond on a deserted island!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The mounting will be a new top-secret invisible material made of carbomagnetics.

It will appear to simply float above your finger.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 1:53:08 PM
Author: aljdewey

Well, if you were an intelligent man with an IQ above room temperature, it might be more important to pick someone you''d enjoy talking to --- considering you''re on a deserted island with nothing to do.
2.gif

The physical measurements are fine.....but what are you gonna do the other 23.5 hours?
11.gif

If you cared about being rescued at all, you should focus on her IQ number instead of her measurements. If she''s smart, she can help figure out a way to get you both rescued and contribute to the effort. Standing there looking good does not parlay into rescue efforts well.
9.gif

67 views and no replies, you say? Maybe it''s because folks realize there''s more than one set of ideal parameters.
2.gif
Or maybe it''s because one would find a sandwich much more useful than a diamond on a deserted island!

And for those who *would* choose by physical measurements.......well, I guess Darwinism does work.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well while the scenario has a few inclusions of it's own...here's an answer to your actual question hidden within the stereotypes..hehee.

i would venture to say that my ideal stone would be something like this. i can't really just say flat out i would only choose THIS scenario below though because it would depend on other things within the cut, aka the lower facets, the girdle, is there a culet etc etc. but assuming it was something like an ACA or a H&A that i knew was exceptionally cut, my #'s would be:

depth: 60.6
table: 55
crown angle: 34.6
pav angle: 40.7

with a tiny bit of variation, aka i would accept a crown of 34.5 or 34.7-34.8 and a pav of 40.6 or 40.8 and a table of 56 and a depth of 60.5 or 60.7 without a hestitation as well. so for me there is still a tiny range of movement...which would still yield an exceptional stone.

i think when you say that people say things like 'i dont like that depth' its more when it's really out of their comfort range, aka i would really not like a depth over 62 or even 61.8 because you lose some diameter in the top with those stones, and i am all about size. it's just such a preference thing. but for the most part i think most of us tend to say 'i dont like that XYZ' when it's REALLY out there instead of just one tenth off the pav we'd ideally like to always see.

goodpointz

Rough_Rock
Crown angle: 34.5 degrees
Pavilion angle: 40.75 degrees
Table: 55.0 %
Depth: 60.9 %
Girdle: Thin to Medium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2006 2:02:50 PM
Author: Mara
with a tiny bit of variation, aka i would accept a crown of 34.5 or 34.7-34.8 and a pav of 40.6 or 40.8 and a table of 56 and a depth of 60.5 or 60.7 without a hestitation as well. so for me there is still a tiny range of movement...which would still yield an exceptional stone.
this is the only thing Mara and i will ever agree on.
11.gif
although i don''t mind a stone up to 61.2 % depth for a TIC.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My four quintessential diamond numbers would be:

1. Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds
2. Diamond Girl
3. Little Darlin'' by The Diamonds
4. This Diamond Ring by Gary Lewis and the Playboys

take my gemtastic quiz at www.metrojewelryappraisers.net

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Can it be 80 degress instead of 72 ?
face22.gif
I''m a real warm weather kind of girl!!!
face6.gif

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
I guess I must be the luckiest guy on Earth then, actually I know I am. My Finacee has a smoking hot body and a PhD. She a kick boxing instructer and a Civil Engineer. So she could kick some monkey butt if they attack us and build us a raft to get off this so called island. Although with all the lobster and crabs I might now want to leave. Is there any way we could catch Tialapia on this island?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
34c
41p
61d
56t
80lgf
60stars
Tight

edit: Im not so sure about answering this there are a ton of combos that make for kicken diamonds.
Im going to leave my answer but just keep in mind there are thousands of other combos I wouldnt throw away.
Even with this one I might end up using it for a fishing lure.
There isnt much use for diamonds on a island in a survival situation.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Heh, I''ll bite

Depth: 60 - 60.3
Table: 57 - 57.9
Crown: 32 - 33.6
Pavillion: 41- 40.8

You may notice I like bright diamonds.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
strm says: There isnt much use for diamonds on a island in a survival situation.

thats not true storm, you could use the sparkles from it to help start a fire.
9.gif
well that's my story and i'm stickin' to it!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Hey, I asked Storm this in another thread and he said: use it as a fishing lure.

Storm, do Asschers make better fishing lures than rbs?

(Edited to say: Oops, I didn't read THIS thread carefully enough--he said it here too.)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget that you can use it as a torchlight at night.
9.gif

I still remember the thread a while back where everyone was talking about how their diamonds sparkled in the dark and a bunch of the regulars here made up stories about they saved the day using the light from their diamonds.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 9:50:20 AM
Author: kittycatsmac
Can it be 80 degress instead of 72 ?
face22.gif
I''m a real warm weather kind of girl!!!
face6.gif

I''m with you Kittycat. 72 deg. is a bit too cool , especially for a tropical island
10.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 1:12:15 PM
Author: glitterata
Hey, I asked Storm this in another thread and he said: use it as a fishing lure.

Storm, do Asschers make better fishing lures than rbs?

(Edited to say: Oops, I didn''t read THIS thread carefully enough--he said it here too.)

Id never use an asscher as a fishing lure they are too pretty.
Id rather be hungry and stare into its depths all day :}
Now RB''s yea in a heartbeat here fishy fishy fishy :}

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this island one of those islands that discriminates?? Is it a requirement that someone must be "straight" (meaning what.......they can't be bent??) to visit this island??

I'm sorry, I don't think I'd want to visit this island. I like people of all persuasions.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay if a person is bent (s)he can have a bent partner too.
1.gif

Everyone gets to be happy on the island.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 12:54:55 PM
strm says: There isnt much use for diamonds on a island in a survival situation.

thats not true storm, you could use the sparkles from it to help start a fire.
9.gif
well that''s my story and i''m stickin'' to it!!
Couldn''t you also use it to flash SOS signals?
1.gif

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 2:02:50 PM
well while the scenario has a few inclusions of it''s own...here''s an answer to your actual question hidden within the stereotypes..hehee.

i would venture to say that my ideal stone would be something like this. i can''t really just say flat out i would only choose THIS scenario below though because it would depend on other things within the cut, aka the lower facets, the girdle, is there a culet etc etc. but assuming it was something like an ACA or a H&A that i knew was exceptionally cut, my #''s would be:

depth: 60.6
table: 55
crown angle: 34.6
pav angle: 40.7

i think when you say that people say things like ''i dont like that depth'' its more when it''s really out of their comfort range, aka i would really not like a depth over 62 or even 61.8 because you lose some diameter in the top with those stones, and i am all about size. it''s just such a preference thing. but for the most part i think most of us tend to say ''i dont like that XYZ'' when it''s REALLY out there instead of just one tenth off the pav we''d ideally like to always see.
Courtesy of a friend...

mara star 50 lower girdle 80.png

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 2:07:33 PM
Author: goodpointz
Crown angle: 34.5 degrees
Pavilion angle: 40.75 degrees
Table: 55.0 %
Depth: 60.9 %
Girdle: Thin to Medium

goodpointz star 50 lower girdle 80.png

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 11:40:01 AM
Author: Wren
Heh, I''ll bite

Depth: 60 - 60.3
Table: 57 - 57.9
Crown: 32 - 33.6
Pavillion: 41- 40.8

You may notice I like bright diamonds.
9.gif

wren star 50 lower girdle 80.png

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results