shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your life goals?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Or were your life goals & have you achieved them if that’s more applicable to where you are in life?

I’m just curious. I told my husband my life goal is to have a small hobby farm. I look on Redfin almost daily for a decent house on a 10+ acre lot that we could move to so I could try that out while working. A couple have popped up in our budget but the areas weren’t really ideal for us so no dice. I’d also like to see all of the national parks. My husband was a little disappointed my goals are so small.... which I guess is fair because younger me was far, far more ambitious. Wondering what everyone else is planning for themselves.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread might provide some interesting insight while you wait for replies. :)

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I have ambitious goals
Be mortgage free by the end of this year
Retire by age 55 (latest age 58 )
Kids college fund reasonably funded
Raise good humans
Then travel the world with the husband while he enjoys his photography hobby.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our long term goal remains the same.

To grow old together hopefully in good health. We are each other’s best friend. I love my dh and he loves me and we are still so much in love. I can be with him doing absolutely nothing and I’m happy as long as he’s by my side. ❤️

We have reached many of our previous long term goals. Paid both mortgages in full. I’m retired and my dh is thinking of retiring soon. We continue helping the rescue animals and trying to leave the world a bit better for having been in it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To live another 20 years. I’m ready to retire, I think I might be Already. My family is good. I have more than I need.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
My goals have changed and evolved a lot over time, as I've learned and grown as a person. Lots of unexpected things - good and bad have happened along the way.

Right now, I just want to not get COVID and have good health, get pregnant and have healthy babies, raise them to be happy and healthy good people. Pretty simple, yet hasn't been easy. We've been fortunate to accomplish all of our other goals. I would like to see my parents again. It's been really hard as we haven't seen them for over a year due to COVID.

I've learned to be grateful for the little things like being able to walk and just being alive.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't do goals, which IMO induce unnecessary stress.
I just endeavor to make good decisions.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or were your life goals & have you achieved them if that’s more applicable to where you are in life?

I’m just curious. I told my husband my life goal is to have a small hobby farm. I look on Redfin almost daily for a decent house on a 10+ acre lot that we could move to so I could try that out while working. A couple have popped up in our budget but the areas weren’t really ideal for us so no dice. I’d also like to see all of the national parks. My husband was a little disappointed my goals are so small.... which I guess is fair because younger me was far, far more ambitious. Wondering what everyone else is planning for themselves.
I ask my husband semi-regularly if we can get a potbellied pig, cow, mini-horse, and/or parrot. He always says no, and I understand because he is allergic to almost every animal--particularly farm animals.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No 1 is getting DD to find her passion and then reach her full potential. That girl has some serious brain matter and if it’s focussed it’s like a laser beam from the Death Star.
No 2 is when DH retires, maybe another 10 years (he’s younger than me, I’m already retired), to move to Sapphire Fossicking Country. We plan to keep an apartment in Sydney so both us and DD have a base here and to buy a house around Armidale NSW.
Id love to have an Irish Wolfhound, DH isn’t keen.
Id love to keep a few large lizards, DD isnt keen
But I will have myself a purple car, even if I have to “wrap” one.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My number one goal was to be a mom and give my kids a better upbringing than the $hitty one I had. Mind you I grew up without a mother and DH without a father, it has been a struggle to figure things out at times. However we have always tried our best, that’s all you can do.

As long as the kids grow up to be healthy, happy and productive then everything else is icing.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I never had specific goals, other than to have happy relationships and a family.
Career--never really cared much other than making enough $ to support my real life and get cheap health insurance. I suppose I am proud of my career accomplishments but I always knew that work was really immaterial in the big picture.

I feel I have achieved my life goals---I have a great marriage and I enjoy my 6 kids and my close friends. What could possibly be more important?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think my life goals have changed much, I wanted to be happy, healthy and solvent. When I had DS, I wanted to be around long enough to see him grow up, he’ll be 38 this year. I suppose at this precise time, I’d say my life goals are getting through this pandemic, and being able to move closer to DS. The second part of that is currently in the process of happening, just waiting for things to get back to some kind of normal, so that the practical side of it can go ahead.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fundamentally my goals have always been the same, which are to be healthy, happy & have a roof over our heads. When we married, a priority was to pay off our mortgage as soon as possible, and thanks to DH's savvy ways with money (& not letting me spend too much!) we cleared a 25 year mortgage in 12 years. DH doesn't do credit, finance or loans, so if we don't have the pennies, we simply can't have things.

When we had the girls, I shifted focus to keeping them healthy, happy, educated & well rounded. I hope I live long enough to see all the amazing things they will go onto achieve with their lives & meet their children.

When our youngest was 2, we decided to set up our own company & plough every single penny we had into it. Things were really, really tight for quite a few years, especially as i was a SAHM, but i told DH that if we pulled it off, i wanted was a Range Rover & a bigger house in several acres of land in return for keeping life together, whilst he spent every hour working & travelling overseas every few weeks. About 18 months ago he stopped me dead when he asked if I wanted to go to Range Rover & test drive their different models, followed by getting my dream car shortly after.

We are currently in the process of thinking towards looking to move when all this crap is over in 2022. We won't be taking another mortgage so this will be a big deal for us, but I am super excited that I may finally tick off my final 'materialistic' goal.

Beyond that, I want myself & my family to live a long, healthy & happy life. The pandemic has been good for us as a family, especially having DH working from home & not going away. We are such a tight little team & I really can't ask for more. But the dream Tiffany solitaire wouldn't go amiss either!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I would say my life goals have changed dramatically over the last 15 years, and more so over the last few. I strive to treat the people I love with respect and care, and always make time for them. I have tried to become a better listener and try to live to in the moment. I have let go of relationships that don't serve me and drain my emotional energy. I have tried to do this without judgement. Mostly, I try hard to just not be an ******* to myself or anyone else. Letting go of the judgement part was the most difficult piece and I still occasionally struggle with that, so I guess my goal is just to keep growing and evolving. Work in progress.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now, to remain sufficiently healthy and to work sufficient hours so that I could continue to enjoy life of a semi-retiree.

I had grand ambitions nearly 20 years ago, however, a few life-changing events made me realised there is more to life than working silly hours in order to climb up the corporate food chain.

DK :))

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Have my family survive covid safe and well, see my sons grow into adulthood safe and well. See some grand babies if possible. Live to a ripe old age with my sweetpea and with all my faculties intact before dying at 99 quickly and painlessly (right before or right after my sweetpea). Lots of tea breaks with those I love of course.

Short term? See more of my beautiful country, especially go back to the mountains close to where I was born and spend some time there reconnecting with the land. Have a doggy friend in my life. Convince Ziggy Louise she's too old to keep laying eggs. Maybe get a really beautiful (albeit small) sapphire with PS help. Have as many good cups of coffee as I can thru the years.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was very goal oriented in the first half of my adult life, driven to get to a certain point at, or near, the top of the career ladder. I’m not sure it was all that good for me, I’ve achieved a certain measure of financial security but at the expense of personal growth and development. Now, like mostly everyone else I just want for my kids to be content and fulfilled. I have no desire to live to be 100, in fact, for the first time ever I am not planning ahead. If I get to retirement and have a few years just being with my DH, that will be enough.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve noticed lately that the older I get, the more resistant that I become to change. As of today, I am setting this goal—to give change a chance before I fight it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve noticed lately that the older I get, the more resistant that I become to change. As of today, I am setting this goal—to give change a chance before I fight it.

Wise.
This quote comes to mind.

It’s not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My beautiful Great Aunt was 99 1/2 when she died in 2014. She had been a widow by that point for 36 years & she had no children of her own. But she was far more than a substitue grandmother to me & my siblings & was a force to be reckoned with.

She spent many hours alone, living independently, whilst we all grew, married & carved out lives of our own. But she was always smiling & always challenging herself. I was sat with her one day when she was asked about learning to use the Internet & I was like, you don't need the Internet? What could you possibly need the Internet for?? She replied something along the lines of, "We all need to roll with the times & adjust to the changes. Life will leave you behind if you are resistant to change, so i like to embrace it." =)2

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my life goal right now anyway is to retire and not be poor, I have 7 years to full retirement age, hubby retires this fall...now the poor thing...got to work on that lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results