shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your life goals?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My immediate goal right now is to spend with and take trips with my mom while she still can. She just got her first Covid vaccine so I hope that it's not too long before I can get mine.

My second goal is to hopefully be in a position where I can comfortably retire in no more than 4 years (and stay employed until that time). Of course my DH says he plans to retire later this year and having him in the house full time may be enough for me to want to keep working :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To find myself a trophy wife!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I honestly don’t have any right now. I feel like I’m content with my current status in life and if my life continued as is, I would be pretty happy.
I guess a long term life goal would be to see my four kids be good people, healthy, strong both physically and mentally, and for them to live fruitful and meaningful (in their eyes) lives. And Happy, I want them to be happy.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
To use my time here wisely. Tomorrow isn't promised and I want to live fully, wildly, experiencing what this great big world has to offer with the man I chose and love & keep raising our little humans well ❤️

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I think I just want to be happy with my family.
I used to have big goals and be very career driven.
I've had a lot of tragedies over the past few years and my priorities have become clearer.
If something doesn't give me joy I don’t devote energy to it anymore. I got rid of the big, stressful job and don't beat myself up over things that others expect me to do but don't really matter to me.
So, nothing very ambitious over here, which is exactly how I want it.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are getting closer to one of our goals. We close this week on a 500+ acre ranch in NW Arkansas. Half pasture land, half forested mountain with the White River running through it, it's gorgeous. The short term plan is to maintain the herd of cattle that is currently there (about a hundred) and harvest the hay. The long term plan is to build a house, a new barn, and a guest cottage. When all of the kids are off to school, will move there. I see horses, chickens, more cows, and LOTS of dogs in my future!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I supposed having a child, though if it doesn’t happen for me I think I would be ok being childfree as well and happily dedicate more time taking care of patients. I’m lucky to love my job, and plan to never fully retire unless I can no long do it well.

No other goals aside from being happy and healthy. Minimizing things I do out of perceived obligation and doing more things I actually like. Anytime I find myself irritable I ask myself “do I have to be doing this though?” Sometimes it’s laundry and the answer is yes. But sometimes it’s participating in a work project or social thing or reading a book I don’t like, and I just say no and do something else instead.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wise.
This quote comes to mind.

It’s not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.

Indeed! I am not too keen on changes, however, I move through the change curve quite quickly, as life goes on.

If I do not make adjustments to adapt to the change, then I would end up being bitter and resentful, which is not good for my mental health.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed! I am not too keen on changes, however, I move through the change curve quite quickly, as life goes on.

If I do not make adjustments to adapt to the change, then I would end up being bitter and resentful, which is not good for my mental health.

It's much easier to say than do believe me I know LOL. But the past decade has thrown obstacles in our path and the only way to survive and overcome and thrive is to be flexible and adapt and move with the changes. Our main goal is the same. To be happy and healthy as best we can. And to that end we must adapt with all that is happening in the world beyond our control.

One of my favorite quotes is by John Milton.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..

We have control over how we feel about situations and that is pretty powerful.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's much easier to say than do believe me I know LOL. But the past decade has thrown obstacles in our path and the only way to survive and overcome and thrive is to be flexible and adapt and move with the changes. Our main goal is the same. To be happy and healthy as best we can. And to that end we must adapt with all that is happening in the world beyond our control.

One of my favorite quotes is by John Milton.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..

We have control over how we feel about situations and that is pretty powerful.

I guess it is easier for me as I am alone with no dependents, and do not have anyone else to consider when I have to make a decision, as long as the pets are taken care of.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results