shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your Labor Day Weekend Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline, yay she is gone; I like Isaku (Isabel''s, idea)! Well, glad you will be relaxing with friends and family!! Wow, 1st grade already, how fun, he is such a cutie pie!!!!

Fieryred, have a wonderful time w/your dear family, sounds like a fab time! Yum to mom''s bbq
3.gif
Mom''s are the best!!!

Sharon, that sounds like a Great Game Plan
emthup.gif
weeeee!

Isaku, the popsicle stick comment is too funny!
11.gif
Oh wow, I love bonfires, sounds like a good time for sure and s''mores!
3.gif
Can I go? hehe
31.gif

Tenfour, many congrats on your new house
36.gif
Enjoy grilling; I bet it will feel so good to be in your new place!
16.gif

LAJennifer, wooo hooo for the college games!!!

Princess, have a wonderful time in Atlanta w/friends and at game! Yay for the Office, I didn''t know it starts already?!?!
6.gif
I love that show!

Miracles, sounds like a great weekend, enjoy the wonderful gift, have a rockin good time and fun at the suprise dinner!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 5:39:19 PM
Author: MC
My plan is to cry over the growing up of my little boys. My younger one is starting kindergarten on Wednesday and him and his brother (2nd grader) will be gone all day long!
39.gif

Seems for so long I felt that moment would bring joys of freedom, but instead I''m feeling down and have lost all sense of direction. Almost a mid-30s life crisis.
Meeee too MC! I''m a wreck! I''ll join you in a weekend of misery! Directionless doesn''t even explain how I am feeling. DD starts kindergarten and DS#1 is going to HIGH school!!! Boo Hoo Boo Hoo . . . I''m in a foul mood.

To answer your question Skippy, tonight DH is making Risotto and grilling steaks and making LOTS of Pomtinis to cheer me up. I don''t know what is on deck for the rest of the weekend. Probably a few trips to the beach. And getting the kids all situated for school.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Directionless....such a great word to describe my life right now. Need grandchild to be conceived asap.
31.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 8:38:39 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Directionless....such a great word to describe my life right now. Need grandchild to be conceived asap.
31.gif
Hahaha! Join me in the Pomtini Parade tonight!!!!!! Directionless souls UNITE! IMO, babies make everything better! Tell your daughter to get cookin''!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 8:32:50 PM
Author: Miranda

My plan is to cry over the growing up of my little boys. My younger one is starting kindergarten on Wednesday and him and his brother (2nd grader) will be gone all day long!
39.gif

Seems for so long I felt that moment would bring joys of freedom, but instead I'm feeling down and have lost all sense of direction. Almost a mid-30s life crisis.
Meeee too MC! I'm a wreck! I'll join you in a weekend of misery! Directionless doesn't even explain how I am feeling. DD starts kindergarten and DS#1 is going to HIGH school!!! Boo Hoo Boo Hoo . . . I'm in a foul mood.

To answer your question Skippy, tonight DH is making Risotto and grilling steaks and making LOTS of Pomtinis to cheer me up. I don't know what is on deck for the rest of the weekend. Probably a few trips to the beach. And getting the kids all situated for school.
Oh gosh, your dinner sounds delicious!!!
18.gif
Your dh is a great cook, yummy to pomtinis! hehe I saw the pomegranate juice at costco I should try it for a barbecue we having coming up!
emcocktl.gif

Wow, that is though! I have friends go through this right now, I can't even imagine. Have a wonderful weekend with your kiddos! Sending you a hug Miranda and Miracles!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
31.gif
Miracles, HUSH!!! You are WAAAAAY too young to be a grandma!!!
23.gif

Well, I have to admit . . . most of you have a three day weekend, buuuuut . . . I have a NINE DAY WEEKEND!!! YAY!!!
16.gif
11.gif

I had some vacation time to use, and our office is closed on Monday of course, so I just took Tuesday through Friday of next week off! And I don't plan on doing a flippin' thing! LOL!
12.gif

ETA: Pass the pomtinis, please!!!
emcocktl.gif
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok. so i''ll be a downer in this oh so fun labor day thread. we boarded our house in preparation for gustav. and i''m worried sick.
40.gif

what a fun weekend
7.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 10:51:36 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

31.gif
23.gif

Well, I have to admit . . . most of you have a three day weekend, buuuuut . . . I have a NINE DAY WEEKEND!!! YAY!!!
16.gif
11.gif

I had some vacation time to use, and our office is closed on Monday of course, so I just took Tuesday through Friday of next week off! And I don''t plan on doing a flippin'' thing! LOL!
12.gif

emcocktl.gif
2.gif
OK, OK - pomtinis for you!
9.gif
You are happy to be directionless it sounds!!! Have a fab week+!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 10:55:52 PM
Author: jcrow
ok. so i''ll be a downer in this oh so fun labor day thread. we boarded our house in preparation for gustav. and i''m worried sick.
40.gif

what a fun weekend
7.gif
I am so sorry you have to go through that jcrow! You''ll be in my thoughts and I hope everything turns out okay. Please stay safe.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/29/2008 10:58:47 PM
Author: Miranda

31.gif
23.gif

16.gif
11.gif

I had some vacation time to use, and our office is closed on Monday of course, so I just took Tuesday through Friday of next week off! And I don''t plan on doing a flippin'' thing! LOL!
12.gif

emcocktl.gif
2.gif
OK, OK - pomtinis for you!
9.gif
You are happy to be directionless it sounds!!! Have a fab week+!
Thanks, Miranda! And yes, I''m happily directionless for the next nine days . . . so I''ll probably be hanging out here a lot!!! LOL!
9.gif

Jcrow, I''m so sorry! I hope everything turns out OK for you . . . please keep us posted.
7.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 10:59:22 PM
Author: snlee

Date: 8/29/2008 10:55:52 PM
Author: jcrow
40.gif

what a fun weekend
7.gif
I am so sorry you have to go through that jcrow! You''ll be in my thoughts and I hope everything turns out okay. Please stay safe.
Ditto, hope you are safe Jcrow!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 4:07:59 PM
Author: Skippy123
Ops, I forgot to say what I was doing.
2.gif
Well, we went to Whole foods and did grocery shopping so we will have a barbecue at our house on Sunday for friends and family! My cousin and I usually go for a walk on Saturday morning and then stop at Einsteins or Starbucks and relax. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend; we rented up so movies too. hehe
35.gif

Panda, I wish I too was headed off to an island, we can wish together! haha Wooo hoo for the new exercise regimen, you should join us in the Healthy Lifestyle thread!!! Ah, that is sweet to help your sweetie, what is he teaching? Enjoy your lunch and don''t work too hard. Yay for your Leon ring, I can''t wait to see it!!
30.gif

Aliciagirl, that is so exciting, congrats!! Happy moving!

Trillionaire, Happy Birthday!!!!
36.gif
Go Trojans! hehe Enjoy your game!

Dragonfly, have a fabulous time at the wedding and can''t wait to see pictures!!!!

Somehowcollide, have a wonderful time at the wedding, yay can''t wait to see pictures too!!!

Linda, sugar, I am sorry, I hope hubby feels better soon, don''t get sick!
39.gif
Are the grandboys going swimming? hehe

Monkeypie, I can''t wait to see your pictures. I am in ABQ did you hear the new Sephora opens Sept 12th!!!! hehe Where is the waterfall? Oooo, I can''t wait to see pretty pictures of your ring.
30.gif
Oh, I went up the tram in April, have a wonderful time, are you going for a beer up top? Dinner up top or walking around and relaxing? Have a great time!

Skippy sweetie pie. They sure are. It is so darn hot here, they have been coming home from school, doing homework then jumping in the pool. My daughter and I have been in there too, but only after the sun shifts a little. We will be in there tomorrow too. Great exercise, which you will be finding out soon, tee hee.
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 5:59:45 PM
Author: diamondfan
Skip, he starts first grade!!!

Yes, it is nice to be here and MOTHER IN LAW LEFT AT NOON. Down to the wire I wanted to harm her. She was panicking about having lost a splint (one she claimed is custom made and expensive, I am sure we will get the bill) that she slept with on her finger last night...considering no one went in the room she was using, I am sure it is in her luggage...but to the wire she is spazzing about something and it is always a hilaria event for no reason.

YAY Caroline, your MIL left
36.gif
you can finally have peace and quiet and enjoy yourselves.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif

YES, YES, YES, JANICE. There is nothing on this earth to make your life worth wild then a GRANDCHILD
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
,tee hee, can''t you tell how much I love mine.
9.gif

When my first grandson was born, he was the first thing I thought of when I woke up and the last thing I thought of when I fell asleep. I was soooooooooo bad

23.gif

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

31.gif
23.gif

16.gif
11.gif

12.gif

emcocktl.gif
2.gif

IG: Miracles wants to be a supa granny
9.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, sounds awesome!

Go Trojans!

The summer is winding down, I recall Memorial Day and thinking do not blink or summer will be over...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 5:38:13 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 8/29/2008 5:36:08 PM

Author: strmrdr

nada thing
Karl, I hope you take it easy friend!
35.gif

Always do
9.gif
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh! I spent 10 1/2 hours driving from Connecticut to northern Virginia today-a drive that, when there is not a lot of traffic- usually takes between 5 1/4 and 6 1/4 hours. This almost equalled my record of 11 hours, made on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving one year when I drove my daughter home to Connecticut to spend the holiday with my family!

My daughter and I are joining my husband in Virginia for the Labor Day weekend before we have to return to Connecticut where we have been living with my father (and our Cocker Spaniel, Cookie).

I hope everyone else has a good weekend and that no one is hit by Gustav!

Deborah
34.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are trying to evac New Orleans, and telling people they must be out or not get any support. It must really be a bad thing for them to be taking that stance.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Moving into my college dorm on Sunday and seeing FI for the first time in 3 months!!!
30.gif
36.gif
I''m so excited to start the new semester.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wishful, sounds exciting!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
39.gif

Seems for so long I felt that moment would bring joys of freedom, but instead I'm feeling down and have lost all sense of direction. Almost a mid-30s life crisis.
Aw, you'll get over it and come to appreciate your quiet time.
2.gif
This is just a new chapter for you. I do sympathize though, my "baby" just turned 18 yesterday. I can't believe how the time has flown!
39.gif

As for plans, we don't have any at the moment. Might decide to have some friends over to BBQ tomorrow. Flying by the seat of my pants...

Skippers, love your new av!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC and Miranda, my youngest enters first, middle son 7th and oldest 10th. It goes by so fast!!! I am already freaking out about COLLEGE...yikes.

Time passes without us even really realizing it...one day they are grown up...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2008 12:22:39 AM
Author: Linda W

31.gif
23.gif

16.gif
11.gif

12.gif

emcocktl.gif
2.gif

IG: Miracles wants to be a supa granny
9.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Linda
YAY!!!
36.gif

We can always use another Supa Granny!!!
9.gif
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We''re driving down to Salem tomorrow to see my sisters and a friend who lives there! Should be good times. Aside from that, applying to lots and lots of jobs.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
My hubby went to this Moedown jam band camping thing that he does every year with his friends. I definitely don''t begrudge him the time with his buddies, but I HATE that it falls on Labor Day weekend. This is the first weekend I''ve had off in a month! So it would really be nice to be able to spend a little quality time with him. Instead I am stuck in crappy Delaware, bored. I plan to catch up on my sleep though, at least. I''ve been so tired! ........ semi-rant over. Hope everyone else is partyin'' it up
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 12:56:09 AM
Author: diamondfan
Skippy, sounds awesome!

Go Trojans!

The summer is winding down, I recall Memorial Day and thinking do not blink or summer will be over...
Thanks Caroline! My little goddaughter turns 2 so I bought her all these cute girlie clothes, the cutest jeans with a butterfly embroidered in them. I don''t want summer to be over!!! Do the boys have there clothes picked out for the 1st day of school? hehe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

31.gif
23.gif

16.gif
11.gif

12.gif

emcocktl.gif
2.gif
Yay for a 9 day weekend, what ar you going to do? Reeeelax? hehe Yay!!!! I have a Mai Tai recipe if you want it! haha

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skip, my kids will wear jeans and a t shirt or shorts.

I might order some fall stuff for them when I get back but right now if it is still decent weather they wear shorts to school, til it is too cold to do so.

I have so much to get organized when I get home I am flipping out. House, bar mitzvah, back to school...yike...I am feeling overwhelmed.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 12:12:06 AM
Author: Linda W

Skippy sweetie pie. They sure are. It is so darn hot here, they have been coming home from school, doing homework then jumping in the pool. My daughter and I have been in there too, but only after the sun shifts a little. We will be in there tomorrow too. Great exercise, which you will be finding out soon, tee hee.
36.gif
Linda sweetie pie. I can''t believe how hot it is out there, is it usually that hot? I don''t blame them jumping in the pool, heck, I would jump in with my clothes on! heehee My cousins pool is running behind schedule and it has been in the high 70''s so I doubt we can go swimming, unless we are nutso!
39.gif
I hope it gets done soon but it look more like Oct. boo hoo! Maybe I will go out to your neck of the woods! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results