shape
carat
color
clarity

What are YOUR annoying habits???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 9:57:58 AM
Author: monarch64

I have really long hair and it ends up everywhere. People's vacuums, drains, the laundry, etc. I'm actually annoyed by it myself.

I'm really terrible about returning phone calls in a timely manner. Emails and texts are returned within a matter of seconds typically, but not phone calls. I just don't want to have some long drawn-out conversation when everything can be solved/confirmed/set up with two or three sentences.
Oh my gosh, big fat DITTO for me on both of these. I constantly put off phone calls because I hate getting caught in long conversations. I'm just not much of a phone talker. If some people that call me would text instead, sadly they'd probably get a much quicker response. And I'd be much more willing to respond. Not all people, but some. I'm just not into the "so, what have you been up to?" "oh, not much, you know, working... that's about it..."

My hair is all over the place. Bathroom rugs. Carpet in the house, especially the bedroom. Kitchen. My bags. And the tub - haha learned a long time a go to get a drain guard (which totally grosses me out after every shower to pull the hair off it) so I don't have to get FI to pull the disgusting squirrel's tail out of the pipe every few months when the tub starts to clog during showers. (Haha can you tell the shedding annoys me too??)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
This is clearly the advantage of living alone.

I asked the dog, and he said I don''t have any annoying habits. Everything I do is perfect, especially when it is presented along with a treat
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:58:23 AM
Author: monarch64
Ha ha, Elle, soulmates, or are you my twin???
9.gif
I guess twins works too.
3.gif

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I NEVER hang the new roll of toilet paper on the holder. I always just set it on top of the old roll. Drives DH positively crazy (which I confess, I secretly enjoy)!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 4:32:06 AM
Author: wolftress
Too many to mention!

- I get stressed in a messy environment, but I don''t like cleaning
- I am usually late to everything
- Like a few other PS-ers who have posted, I hate answering the phone or listening to voice messages. Text messages or email is fine
- I wait until I run out of clean undies before doing a load of laundry
- I tend to dither on purchases. This drives DH nuts!

And many more... but these are the only ones I can think of right now
3.gif
I''m cracking up over here. This is me too. I despise my apartment when it is messy, but I tend to stare at it for days before doing anything about it.

We actually ran out of underwear this week before I finally did laundry.

I leave the caps off of things. Drives Adam nuts. He put them back on for a year or so until he finally realized it was an exercise in futility.

I am passive aggressive about the phonebooks. I leave them outside the door until someone else picks them up.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 11:13:56 AM
Author: purrfectpear

I asked the dog, and he said I don''t have any annoying habits. Everything I do is perfect, especially when it is presented along with a treat
2.gif

So funny! I definitely annoy my dog! I kiss her to death on top of her head and cuddle and snuggle her, put her front legs up, pester her... all very lovingly, but I''m pretty sure she rolls her eyes after a while! She''s just such a cute lovie, I can''t even help myself!!!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 11:13:56 AM
Author: purrfectpear

2.gif
rotflmao2.gif

My dog had no complaints, either. I didn''t ask the cat, ''cuz I''m sure that anything I do that didn''t revolve around him would be included on the list.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 11:15:19 AM
Author: ericad
I NEVER hang the new roll of toilet paper on the holder. I always just set it on top of the old roll. Drives DH positively crazy (which I confess, I secretly enjoy)!

At least you go to the trouble to even take it out of the closet. DH just abandons me with 1 single square left on the roll....

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally think I''m perfect, but I asked DH for input. Will update this when I hear back from him. I do know that he''s going to say I don''t put caps on things and when I put things away I don''t actually put them away where they go. I just put them somewhere they can''t be seen.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I bite my nails
39.gif
and I'm sure lots more that my dh can think of.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I read through all your responses and kept saying, "Yup, that's me. And that's me. Oh, gosh, that's me too. And that." I must be really annoying!

- I also hate voicemail. I will leave 15 voicemails on my phone for weeks. It drives DH nuts because he loves to leave messages. I never, ever get the messages; I just call him back and ask what he wanted.

- I twirl my hair and check it for split ends all the time. I have tried to break the twirling habit--I know it makes me look like a middle-schooler--but I have been doing it since I was a baby and can't stop.

- I'm a leaver-outer. I leave my cereal out in the morning, I leave my mail all over the apartment, I leave my clothes out on the floor, I leave my makeup and hair tools out on the bathroom counter, I leave dishes in the sink, I leave shoes out in the bedroom and hallway, I leave magazines and manicure stuff on the coffee table . . . the list could go on. I'll put it all away . . . eventually.

- I'm chronically late and extra slow at getting ready. The latter bothers DH to no end.

- I don't eat the ends of sandwiches and don't drink the last half-inch or so of liquid left in my water bottle or glass. I have no idea why; it just happens.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
another chronic hair twirler here
emembarrassed.gif

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Never answer my cell, important people in my life knows my schedule and where to find me, not a good excuse.
I can''t stand things left out, I''m known for trashing/giving things away if DH/kids don''t pick their things on time
20.gif
my lame excuse: their friends/family can visit and eat off the floors.
I need help.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I never close the blinds. I love the sun streaming in first thing in the morning, but SO wants the privacy and security of closed blinds.
20.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 12:08:33 PM
Author: kittybean

- I''m chronically late and extra slow at getting ready. The latter bothers DH to no end.
Another chronically late person here!
35.gif
I''ve realized that the earlier I get up in the mornings, I think I take more time subconsciously and end up just as late as if I slept in 30 minutes more. It''s also due to my procrastination when I''m late to things besides work. I rationalize the time I have left to shower/get ready before leaving for dinner with FI. "Oh, I have 2 hours left, that''s more than enough time, so I''ll stay on the computer for 30 more minutes, that''ll give me plenty of time." ... "OK, 1.5 hours left, I should probably go, but I can easily do it in just an hour, easily, so I''ll stay here a bit longer." ... "Hmm an hour left... yeah I think I''ll go..." ...(20 minutes later, finally going... and being 30 minutes late because I underestimated my get ready time, as usual!)

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I have a lot! I'm annoying!

I pile. I nest. If I'm working on some project I just make this perfectly messy little spot with all my crap spread out, and like as not it stays there for a week. Then, rather than put it away, I usually pile it somewhere. I'm just awesome like that! DH picks up after me a lot. It's part of our splitting of the housework- he is a sweetie and doesn't mind too much, especially since in return for the endless tidying up after messy me, he never has to clean the toilet, the catbox, or the bathroom, or mop, or do any kitcheny things, or pay bills.

I am always ten minutes late. It is just how I am. DH would get us to work a half hour before anyone else, instead, we get there 20 minutes early. And if we're going somewhere, I will always take ten minutes longer than he wishes I would. He's super, super punctual and it does drive him to distraction.

My method of organizing groceries is to shove them in cupboards and fridge completely haphazardly. Totally unable to organize them prettily, and it annoys the boy quite a bit.

I'm spacey. I am endlessly setting something down, forgetting where I put it. I currently am missing my driver's license. It's been gone two weeks, and it's definitely in the house somewhere. I'm about to cave and get a new one, which means the old one will definitely turn up then.

I'm sure there are plenty of other annoying things I do, but those are the ones guaranteed to drive my husband nuts!

Oooh, I've got another one. I listen to really bad music, really loud in the car, with the bass WAY up. But it's so much fun! He soooo loves it when I leave, like, White Zombie or Marilyn Manson cranked up in the car we share. That'll wake you up! This also annoys anyone near me at a stop light, doubtless. Nothing classier than having to listen to me, listening to tasteful lyrics like "I want to f*** you like an animal", right?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH would LOVE IT if he got into the car after me and the radio was blaring NIN or Rage Against the Machine....lol...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a constant worry-wart. My husband thinkgs that if one thing is taken care of, then I''ll look for something else to worry about. I''m not sure it''s a habit I can break easily.

I''m also insanely early for everything. I get it from my mom.

I can be VERY stubborn and my husband tells me that I always need to have things my way. He''s right and I AM working on that one.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 12:37:11 PM
Author: trillionaire
I never close the blinds. I love the sun streaming in first thing in the morning, but SO wants the privacy and security of closed blinds.
20.gif
Us too! I always tease my husband and tell him that he likes to live in a cave. It drives me crazy not to have sunlight coming in.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are my habits that DH finds annoying:

- I screen my calls.
- I love to drink milk with foods that DH thinks make gross combinations. (Pizza, popcorn, etc.)
- I always take longer to get ready for a night out than I plan to take.
- I don't wash the cheese grater immediately after I use it, so the leftover bits harden and become impossible to get out.
- I hang up the phone right after I say "goodbye" even though that means I often miss hearing the other person sign off.
- I set three alarms during the school year, the first goes off 45 minutes before I actually have to get up, and I hit snooze for that entire time.
- I'm superstitious, and I insist that DH sit for a count of eight before exiting the house if he's run back inside because he forgot something. If he doesn't do it, I fear that he will never return. I also refuse to count money on the bed--because then it will sleep--but this one isn't as annoying as the first.
- I'm constantly entertaining. DH is getting used to having people in our house on a regular basis, but at first he was pretty annoyed.
- I'm too quick to recycle receipts and packaging for products, so if we want to return something we often can't because I've already gotten rid of everything.

Wow, I'm super annoying, huh?
3.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I have a TON.

-I am messy. Like, really messy. I hate it, and I keep trying, but so far no luck.
-I am a REALLY picky eater.
-I can''t ever decide what I want to eat.
-I am grumpy more than I would like to be.
-I like to keep certain foods just to myself...for my lunches
12.gif

-I could sleep forever. This drives DH *nuts*.

Aren''t I a gem?
20.gif
3.gif
11.gif
12.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 3:47:55 PM
Author: Miscka
Oh, I have a TON.

-I am messy. Like, really messy. I hate it, and I keep trying, but so far no luck.
12.gif

Aren''t I a gem?
20.gif
3.gif
11.gif
12.gif
I am picky, too! And I am terrible in restaurants because I never, ever know what I want.

I could definitely sleep forever as well. My motto: "What good can come of a day that begins with getting up?"

I keep my own little stash of candy and cookies because otherwise, the Candy-and-Cookie Police (DH) will come after me, steal my goodies, and try to get me to eat vegetables.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
10.gif
Date:
7/17/2009 12:08:33 PM

I read through all your responses and kept saying, ''Yup, that''s me. And that''s me. Oh, gosh, that''s me too. And that.'' I must be really annoying!

- I also hate voicemail. I will leave 15 voicemails on my phone for weeks. It drives DH nuts because he loves to leave messages. I never, ever get the messages; I just call him back and ask what he wanted.

- I twirl my hair and check it for split ends all the time. I have tried to break the twirling habit--I know it makes me look like a middle-schooler--but I have been doing it since I was a baby and can''t stop.

- I''m a leaver-outer. I leave my cereal out in the morning, I leave my mail all over the apartment, I leave my clothes out on the floor, I leave my makeup and hair tools out on the bathroom counter, I leave dishes in the sink, I leave shoes out in the bedroom and hallway, I leave magazines and manicure stuff on the coffee table . . . the list could go on. I''ll put it all away . . . eventually.

- I''m chronically late and extra slow at getting ready. The latter bothers DH to no end.

- I don''t eat the ends of sandwiches and don''t drink the last half-inch or so of liquid left in my water bottle or glass. I have no idea why; it just happens.

I do these too! I always rip apart my sandwiches so that my the end of it all, I have tons of bread left on my plate! FI doesn''t think it''s annoying though. Other people have just made a few comments about starving children in Africa whenever I do this.

I have a bad habbit of taking things our and never putting them away...

Also I hate putting dishes and clean clothes away. I''ll do the laundry no problem as well as wash the dishes but once they''re needed folded (clothes) and spotless (dishes) I stop there and can''t seem to just put them where they belong...
8.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 4:33:41 PM
Date: 7/17/2009 3:47:55 PM

Author: Miscka

Oh, I have a TON.

12.gif

Aren''t I a gem?
20.gif
3.gif
11.gif
12.gif

I am picky, too! And I am terrible in restaurants because I never, ever know what I want.

I could definitely sleep forever as well. My motto: ''What good can come of a day that begins with getting up?''

I keep my own little stash of candy and cookies because otherwise, the Candy-and-Cookie Police (DH) will come after me, steal my goodies, and try to get me to eat vegetables.

I love that motto! Will have to use it
11.gif

I just went back and saw your other post...I am a TOTAL leaver-outer! Seriously! That and cupboard door leaver-opener
3.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
BF says:
-I smother him in bed at night -- stealing covers
-Sniffling/sneezing alot (allergies)
-Taking his plate away before he's done eating so I can finish the dishes
-direct quote, "your ridiculously intrusive flatulence" (I can be smelly I guess
1.gif
)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I create ear-warmers in bed, and it drives DF CRAZY! Ear warmers? I hear you ask!

Ear warmers are little bits of doona cover that I drag up and over my ears to keep them warm at night. I dont'' even realise I do it. The bit that drives DF crazy is that I don''t drag up the whole doona plus the cover, I just drag the cover up and he ends up with this empty doona cover on his shoulders.

I was thrilled one day to discover that my new doona cover had a built in ear warmer, a little ruffle along the top edge that was perfect for keeping my ears warm. DF actually jumped out of bed one night and threatened to get the scissors and cut it off!!!
39.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 5:00:54 PM
Author: audball
BF says:
-Taking his plate away before he''s done eating so I can finish the dishes
-direct quote, ''your ridiculously intrusive flatulence'' (I can be smelly I guess
1.gif
)
I totally do this too!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
bwhahahaha this is hysterical! Tho..it makes me realize I''m a seriously annoying person and I should be sure to thank my husband for being able to put up with me.

I am addicted to Will & Grace & La Femme Nikita.
I pick the skin by my fingernails and end up with hangnails..that I pick too.

I can only stand clutter for a certain length of time before I freak out and start a tirade of organization.

I am very dramatic. Over. the. top. dramatic.

I am petrified of spiders and wasps and will use whatever is on hand to kill them. A whole can of hairspray, Clorox kitchen cleaner, whatever. And I''ll screech and cry and do a weird jig the whole time.

I don''t like air blowing on me. We have the ceiling fans rotating the opposite direction so we get air movement, but the air is not blowing directly down on me in our bedroom. We also have a very large floor fan we use at night for white noise. This has to be directed to the end of the bed and down, so as not to direct the air up the side of the dresser and back onto me. I have it adjusted just so.

JD also breathes on me when he''s facing me in bed. His breath over and over on my arm irritates the bejesus out of me so I have to bring the sheet up to block him.

I also like my ears covered at night. I can''t sleep if they''re cold.

And I eat the outside of sandwiches first

Jeez what a weirdo I am!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 5:36:27 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 7/17/2009 5:00:54 PM

Author: audball

BF says:

-Taking his plate away before he''s done eating so I can finish the dishes

-direct quote, ''your ridiculously intrusive flatulence'' (I can be smelly I guess
1.gif
)
I totally do this too!
It drives him crazy, but it drives me crazy to have dishes lying around...

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
I hypermile.
I have a hybrid car and have radically changed my driving style to optimize the MPG.
I usually get over 60 MPG out of a 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid that the EPA rates at 40/43.

It is annoying because when the light turns green I accelerate slowly.
On the freeway I drive 50 MPH in the right lane.

I have been doing this for four years now and am very good at it.
When I started people honked, tailgated, flashed their brights and showed me a certain finger.
The moment I got my personalized license plate that all stopped.

The plate says something like RELAXN, GOSLOW, NOHURRY.
When a driver behind me reads it, they just pass me up immediately.
They know I'm not on the phone or spaced out and there is no hope that anything they do will speed me up.

hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results