shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
My PP ripple strands should be shipping tomorrow. What length did you order? I got two to wear doubled or as a rope.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1412899014|3765121 said:
My PP ripple strands should be shipping tomorrow. What length did you order? I got two to wear doubled or as a rope.

I got a 35" strand, so I can wear it long or doubled

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I am wearing my poj white ripples today.

Bailey, May I know which vendor are your Tahitians from?

Baby monster and Kay, I like the colour of your strands.

Ckrickett, your cat is so cute!!! And loves to be photographed!

Bsomio, you look glamorous in those ripples, as always!

20141010_082437-1.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
YC that necklace is amazing, what's the MM? Looks ginormous!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
YC|1412904845|3765161 said:
I am wearing my poj white ripples today.

Bailey, May I know which vendor are your Tahitians from?

Baby monster and Kay, I like the colour of your strands.

Ckrickett, your cat is so cute!!! And loves to be photographed!

Bsomio, you look glamorous in those ripples, as always!

YC, are you on the other forum so i can send you a private message?

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ripples ladies!

I love my tahitians as well as GSSPs but YC, Bsomlo, and Ckrickett, I am starting to like those ripple and Kasumi pearls as well. I was seriously considering the POJ baby ripples from Kevin's blog.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Bailey1856 -- I feel that ripples definitely have a place in my "pearl wardrobe". I think of them as hearty, no nonsense, everyday pearls (regarding typical ripples -- the HG are in a totally different category, of course!). They have a big presence while maintaining a casual feel. Many are metallic and I just love metallic!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I had a bunch of really cheapie freshwater rice and coin pearls so I strung a quick little necklace last night.
Added some coral and agate beads too. I wanted a little inexpensive necklace I can throw on that was fun and colorful.

fullsizerender-10.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Goal wonderfully accomplished! Really cute!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1412900053|3765131 said:
Pirard|1412899014|3765121 said:

I got a 35" strand, so I can wear it long or doubled
I ordered two separate strands that can be connected to wear long...I was really blown away by photos someone else posted that show the versatility of two strands that can be connected. I'm getting a 16" and an 18"...I am really holding back with all my strength on getting a 20"...but I feel I may soon cave as the price for these strands really strikes me as a good bargain.

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
From the photos of the past several weeks, it looks like tahitians and ripples are quite the fashion among pearl collectors. Beautiful!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1412949278|3765375 said:
YC that necklace is amazing, what's the MM? Looks ginormous!

The stand ranges from 12.6 to 15.2mm. =)

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Bailey1856|1412953289|3765399 said:
Beautiful ripples ladies!

I love my tahitians as well as GSSPs but YC, Bsomlo, and Ckrickett, I am starting to like those ripple and Kasumi pearls as well. I was seriously considering the POJ baby ripples from Kevin's blog.

It took me a while before I finally bought my first ripples and I must say that this forum helped nudge me in this direction. For me, ripples are casual pearls. And I love the orient, metallic luster ( though I have to state my ripples are only partly metallic and part satin in luster) and the relatively large sizes.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
fullsizerender_1_1.jpg

New ripples from PPs october sale! I got the 35" strand and it's the perfect length with the perfect MM ripples. I was worried it would be to heavy, but it is just fine since the pearls are small enough to not be to heavy, but large enough to look substantial and to really get to see the beautiful surfaces on them!

I tried it long, but with this top I think it looks better doubled.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Love it! And perfect with that print (if I was the type that winked, I'd wink here).

I think those are some of the smallest ripples I've seen. Very interesting. I wonder if ripples became smaller because they're more popular and can be grown faster with smaller nuclei and a shorter growing time, therefore faster turnover and profit.

The good thing about this size is that you really can wear longer or multiple strands.

I wonder if baby colored ripples are next...I do have a set of small metallic coppery multis from CC I bought in the past... matybe there will be a new wave of colored baby ripples..

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I received my new white metallic freshwater pearl studs from Pearls of Joy today. These are the ones featured in Kevin Canning's blog post from Day 3 of the recent Hong Kong show. This vendor photo caught my eye, and I knew that I needed a pair. :drool:

You see, my 7mm akoya are too small and my 9mm freshadama are too big. These 8-8.5mm metallics are my Goldilocks pearl size, that is, just right. :appl: :clap:

I'm wearing a black top today, a rarity for me. My 32" endless freshwater strand is twisted into a knot. The pearls look great together, just don't get too close! ;))

I wanted these new white metallics for everyday wear. The size, color and luster is simply beautiful. My belief is that pretty things like these should be worn and enjoyed, even for everyday. Many thanks to Kevin at Pearls of Joy for his help in selecting these pearls for me.

whitemetallic_6027.jpg

today_9327.jpg

today_9334.jpg

today_9309.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful! Thanks for showing all three sizes together -- great photo.

How did you make that terrific knot?!

Enjoy and wear in health!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1413072662|3765930 said:
Wonderful! Thanks for showing all three sizes together -- great photo.

How did you make that terrific knot?!

Enjoy and wear in health!
Thanks, bsomlo.

To make the knot, just grasp the strand about 5-6 inches above the bottom and squeeze the two sides together with one hand. Grab the end of the strand with your other hand, and push the end through a little loop you make with your first hand. It is your basic overhand knot. It hangs together surprisingly well, and comes right out as soon as you loosen the pearls a bit. :)) :wavey:

overhandknot.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Love your style FlyGirl :appl: and your pearls too :mrgreen:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Flygirl!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Finished the rest of my little projects. in addition to my ripple earrings I got some pink and lavender FW pearls from http://stores.ebay.com/ehretdesigngallery/

I got some 7-8MM pearls, have some metallic overtones, and some petite little freshwater pearls that I would guess are 3-4MM

I took the Larger FW and added some vintage red glass seed beads, and for the smaller MM necklace I added some amethyst beads.

They both came out kinda cute, and I like the colors of them, so I am happy.

fullsizerender_1_2.jpg

fullsizerender_6.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Really lovely ckrickett! Enjoy and wear in health! I'm so impressed with people who can string!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- thanks for the visual. I'll try making the knot with a rope.

Today -- triple lavender necklace with earrings Hisano designed with the pearls she removed when she restrung the necklace. These are the pearls I wore for my first-ever neck shot on this forum!

As an aside, when I first got these pearls, my plan was to return them because they seems "too similar" to a multicolor triple I already owned. When I woke up the next morning and saw them I laughed out loud and said, "I'm never returning these!" There are so many "lavenders" in this strand ranging from pink to blue to brownish. It feels SO nice on -- like a cool satin collar.

neck_11.jpg

close_7.jpg

ear_shot_21.jpg

ear_1.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pearl lovers! I so look forward to catching up on your posts!

Kay - Sorry for the delay in my response to your question - it's an 18k gold wire.

ckrickett - My you have been busy! Leather & pearls - pretty s*xy! When I think of that pairing I envision wearing a black leather jacket and lots of pearls (can't decide if they should be WSS or Tahitians lol!). Your cat is adorable and I LOVE the last picture! It put a smile on my face for sure! And your projects are beautiful, creative and I bet you had a lot of fun.

bsomlo - Both of your lavender pearls look beautiful on you! Very nice,

baby monster - Excellent choice of strands!

Bailey1856 - Your pearls are gorgeous and a simple setting allows the pearl to be the star!

Fly Girl - If anyone gets close enough to see the difference between your strand and earrings you better get flowers!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I love your comment to Fly Girl. First laugh of my day. And for that I thank you.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
lol - I just couldn't resist!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster - Very cool, sleek pearls and love them with that outfit!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
"cool" is a good word for that color palette. You look stunning. (You always do, my dear.)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Baby Monster that tahitian strand is just stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results