shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Yesterdays casual look. Black top (no prints) with my new peacock tahitian strand.
fullsizerender-7_0.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I started with these pearls -- PP multi-color Tahitians paired with POJ dove keshi:

neck_shot_10-4-14.jpg

close-up_10-4-14.jpg

ear_shot_dove_keshi_1.jpg

ear_shot_dove_keshi_2.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Then I decided to switch to my CC metallic multi-color bronzey ripple set:

neck_shot_23.jpg

neck_shot_24.jpg

ear_shot_19.jpg

ear_shot_20.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your multicolor Tahitians! Until recently I didn't even know that they came in those colors.

It seems like a long time since you've worn those CC ripples. The colors are great with that dress and have such an autumn feel to them.

Today I wore my strand of lavender CC ripples to a children's birthday party.

ccshortlavripples.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
2 tahitian strands today with my floral tunic. Rather fond of this look.

fullsizerender-8.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I love the print! Rose flowers on a black background always looks so pretty to my eye.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
krissy7, bsomlo, cmd2014, Frost Me, YC and pkinnew, thanks for compliments!

YC, Your huge white south seas are stunning :wavey:

ckrickett, Your sweet tornado necklace looks very charming. As well as Your different tin cup too. And Tahitians are always close to my heart :wavey:

renwea, that lonely Edison is a real eyecatcher :wavey:

pkinnew, Your blouse looks great with tin cup T's. Over all very calm look .Your lonely T drop is delicious. I love those strips in tahitians too :wavey:

Fly Girl, all Your Tahitians are dreamy. I love that layered look :love: . Are those white SS earrings really keshis?

bsomlo, Your diamond circle with pearls is glorious :appl:. Diamonds and pearls; irresistible combination :lickout:. Those little h souffles are real cuties. They really are happy pearls. And that multicolour T strand; out of this world...just drooling here....Your colourful ripples are fabulous too :wavey:

baby nurse, beautiful strand of ripple pearls :wavey:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
YC, I love your light silver baroque Tahitians – yummy luminous plump drops. What size are they? Your large baroque WSS pearls are stunning – I hope to get a strand like that someday.

CMD, your silver set is gorgeous – love the color rings.

Confection, your Tahitian strand looks gorgeous on you. Are there gold spacer beads between the pearls? What length is that strand?

Renwea, your beautiful Edison looks great with that sweater.

Pkinnew, your blue SS pendant is lovely. Your “big gun” makes a black outfit look far from basic. What kind of chain are you wearing it with?

Ckrickett, I just love that tin cup! Your 2 Tahitian strands look great with that floral print tunic.

Fly Girl, your new little h drop looks great as both a pendant and an enhancer on your gorgeous rope.

Bsomlo, your new fireball necklace and geode earrings are both just stunning. Your bronzey ripples are perfect for Fall and look great with the color of that dress.

Baby Nurse, your lavender ripples look lovely with that sweater.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kay, the light silver Tahitians are 9.2-11.2mm. The WSS are rather heavy and strictly limited to short trips only.

Ckrickett, beautiful Tahitians and gorgeous styling with the two strands :love:

Pkinnew, that huge T pendant is pretty impressive. :appl:

Bsomio & baby nurse, pretty ripples. Baby nurse, I see more of the cream, blue- green and a bit of gold in your ripples - can't really appreciate the lavender but it is still a very lovely strand!

Fly girl, I am a huge fan of keshis and drop shaped pearls. your little H ones are the perfect combination of these two favourites.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's just been pointed out to me that I've been wearing one earring from each of two pairs today - one baroque flat white and one natural coloured souffle. I earringed in a rush and not concentrating today. Was aiming for the whites so the souffle was the interloper.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pearlescence|1412701462|3763693 said:
It's just been pointed out to me that I've been wearing one earring from each of two pairs today - one baroque flat white and one natural coloured souffle. I earringed in a rush and not concentrating today. Was aiming for the whites so the souffle was the interloper.

You may create a new trend. ;)) I've done that before with shoes. (2 mismatched black flats.)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I am wearing my "Loot 2" Tahitian drops from the Ruckus today. I just received them last week and have been having lots of fun playing with them. I posted a bunch of photos of them in the Tahitian sale thread this morning.

_458.png

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Kay, those strands are gorgeous!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't wearing anything the start of the day since I had a bazillion errands to run. When I stopped by Whole Foods I noticed they had a little farmers market so I gave it a quick look. A vendor had these cute little necklaces and leather wrap bracelets with freshwater pearls so I got 2 pieces. They were fun and different and I do like leather and pearls.

Sea Glass and Freshwater lariat, and a petite freshwater and I believe pyrite bead wrap bracelet with a pretty little silver lotus button.

fullsizerender_0.jpg
fullsizerender_1.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett -- I like leather and pearls, too! I've got to figure out a leather and pearl piece for myself at some point.

Today -- PP lavender/champagne ripple necklace and PP smooth lavender drop earrings. I like the contrast of the smooth earrings with the ripple necklace. The pearls look silver/gold in my pictures -- the pinks and lavender in the necklace don't show well:

neck_10.jpg

_23036.jpg

lavender_drop_ear_shot_0.jpg

lavender_drop_ear_shot_3.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thats a very pretty necklace. I;d love to see it with better color.

I am DYING for a metallic colored ripple strand, but POJ and PP don't have any. I should have put them on a wish list before this last hong kong trip.

I am wondering if other vendors might have a good selection.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett -- here are 4 more pictures.

The first is PP's glamour shot of my white and champagne/lavender ripple strands bought several buying trips ago:

And here are two neck shots from the past:

And here is an irl shot:

Catherine Cardellini has a lot of ripples on her website in different colors, shapes, sizes, combinations.

I glanced through, entering "ripple" in the search field, and especially like:

Item Number: 2459, Item Number: 2478, Item Number: 2476, Item Number: 2388, Item Number: 2381, Item Number: 2379, Item Number: 2366, Item Number: 2301

pp_champagne_-_lavender_0.jpg

pp_lavender-champagne_ripple_0.jpg

pp_lavender-champagne_0.jpg

ripples_from_0.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!! and also GORGEOUS!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Tahitian strand for going out for dinner tonight. I tried getting a pic in the kitchen, but my cat JiJi jumped on the counter and wanted in on the pictures (he's a ham)

fullsizerender_1_0.jpg

fullsizerender_2.jpg

fullsizerender_3.jpg

img_0128_0.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baroque tahitian strand and round tahitian studs

20141009_101817-1.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Pearlescence|1412701462|3763693 said:

I remember an old movie with Dina Merrill -- she wore one enormous white pearl earring and one enormous black pearl earring. It was very chic, and made quite an impression on me. Actually, it's the only thing I remember from the film. :lol:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo, I really like the colors and metallic glow of your champagne/lavender ripples, and the contrast with the smooth lavender drop earrings.

Ckrickett, lovely Tahitians. JiJi looks like a love. He reminds me of my black cat, Pandora, who I lost many years ago.

Baby Monster, I love the color of your Tahitians. I really want a blue or blue-green strand someday.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I'm feeling a bit bleh today so i decided to wear some fairly new acquisitions to give myself a boost, a picker upper if you will. I thought Id' share the pictures before i go workout for my much needed endorphins.
Vendor pics (pearl looks like these IRL)
tpendant.jpg
pendant_6.jpg
My own pictures
imgp4516.jpg
imgp4496.jpg
imgp4494.jpg
imgp4498.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Bailey, your drop pendant and ring are gorgeous. I like the very clean, simple, almost industrial ring setting. What size are the pearls?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Bailey -- Beautiful! I like the color of your top, too!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Kay|1412883362|3764973 said:
Bailey, your drop pendant and ring are gorgeous. I like the very clean, simple, almost industrial ring setting. What size are the pearls?

Hi Kay, the drop pendant is 14X13mm, ring is 11.57mm, and the studs are 11mm something :)
Thank you and I like it simple too,when the pearl stands out and nothing else.
Here is the bottom of it.
ring2_65.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, lovely design and I like that surprise little heart!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo|1412884282|3764978 said:
Bailey -- Beautiful! I like the color of your top, too!

Thank you Bsomlo! My DH said pointed out a while back that I wore too much black so upon inspecting my closet I realized he was right (the only time he is right IMO :lol: ). Besides I've always love colors so the last two years i've been buying myself some colorful outfits.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes are blurry from looking at all this lusciousness...too much pearl **** for one sitting! There are some spectacular strands on this thread and I appreciate those who shared!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I got a few white ripples while back to play around with, and when I decided to get this months PP special, I decided to make them into earrings to match.

I got them from http://stores.ebay.com/ehretdesigngallery/ and they are really pretty
Ones 13.3 MM the other is 13.5mm
I got some sterling lever backs since they are the only types of earrings I can wear in my first hole.

fullsizerender-9_0.jpg
earrings
__57_5.jpg
the pearls

I am waiting for a few more items I ordered from them to arrive. I am going to practice stringing by making a lavender FW and amethyst rope.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results