shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

NexivRed

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo|1408637610|3736857 said:
The Tahitian tin cups are mighty tempting... beautiful on you!

Today I had a hankering for my crazy fireball pendant:

The first thing I thought of when I saw your pendant was the beautiful fish in the original Disney's Fantasia :)
Google image it if you're not sure what I mean ;-) So lovely.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
It is great to be back! My pearls for today are tahitian keshis from PP. They were described as having peacock overtones though they look a little bronze to me.

20140826_133411-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
The same strand positioned differently

20140826_133443-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Pkinnew, wow! That emerald tahitian is so green. Where did you get it from and was it difficult to source?

Cmd, I would not describe your multi coloured tahitians as boring. The colour reminds me of a beautiful strand Keira Knightly wore.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster - Your blue Tahitians are fantastic! They look so lovely on you!

bsomlo - I know about some pearls not getting out enough and your lavender drops definitely need to be worn!

cmd2014 - Your Tahitians are NOT boring lol! Wear them often and in good health!

YC - WOW! I don't recall seeing Tahitian keshis and if so nothing like yours! They are so unique and lusterous! And I purchased the emerald green ring from PP when they had a special (maybe) last year? I'm trying to take better pictures of it and hope to post them soon.

Today I'm wearing a gold SS strand and gold Akoya drops from PP. They're not deep golden, kind of in the middle of the gold scale.

_21655.jpg

_21656.jpg

_21657.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Pkinnew -- what a glorious ensemble of necklace, earrings and top!!! You just glow!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite faux pearl piece - multicolored glass pearl bracelet. I love wearing it because it's a fun chunky and I'm not afraid of damaging pearls as I type, etc. Hopefully no one minds me postings this.

20140826_095354-1.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1409063441|3739487 said:
My favorite faux pearl piece - multicolored glass pearl bracelet. I love wearing it because it's a fun chunky and I'm not afraid of damaging pearls as I type, etc. Hopefully no one minds me postings this.
I don't mind, that piece is so fun!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I didn't mean that my pearls were boring...just that I was being a bit boring as I was wearing the same thing every single day when all of you are creatively mixing it up with all of your beautiful strands....which is what makes this thread a treat to look at daily as there is always something different to see!

So I mixed it up a bit. Today I am still in standard work issue black skirt, camisole, and white dress shirt (the summer alternative to the black suit), but am wearing my 20 inch peacock strand. It's a rainy day again, so the overtones were just popping in the rearview. Not so much here I'm afraid. Sadly, my phone battery is dead and I am scheduled in with clients again in 5 minutes, so I'm not sure I will have time to squeeze in a picture.

No, my pearls are NOT boring. I just wish I was a better photographer so that they could shine in all their glory for you guys as well as for me. Plus, I think I need to start getting up a bit earlier so that I can actually plan my outfit/accessories to mix things up a bit more!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster - I don't mind it either! Looks like fun!!! And check out that nail polish!!! You are braver than I am!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Enjoying all of the pretty outfits and pearls. :appl:

Today I was on vacation and wore my new Tahitian rope all day. It is really nice to be able to see your pearl necklace while you are wearing it.

rope_8775.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1409103579|3739858 said:
Enjoying all of the pretty outfits and pearls. :appl:

Today I was on vacation and wore my new Tahitian rope all day. It is really nice to be able to see your pearl necklace while you are wearing it.

That is one STUNNER of a necklace!! Seriously WOW! Gorgeous!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pearls again!

baby monster, fabulous Tahitians. I suffer pearl envy :shock: , again...and Your fake bracelet is very cute.

bsomlo, Your pearls are great example how sometimes "less is more". Beautiful combo :wavey:

pkinnew. Those souffles :love: ! White, big and less formal. I can't say same of Your GSS; they are almost regal :love:. Those GSS are pearls I loved to see IRL...

cmd2014, another fabulous Tahitians. And You really won't look trampy at all, but sexy,
self-confident andI feminine!

YC, those are T's I drool. I love irregular shape pearl :love: and those are top of them. Could You take more photos? i'd like to see colours better...please?

Fly Girl, gorgeous, gorgeous rope. How all Tahitians look so good today? I haven't wear mine for awhile, but you all made me reach them today... :D

_21692.jpg

_21693.jpg

_21694.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - Pearls on vacation - they deserve it too! You look fantastic and the ropes not bad either (lol!)!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - Your huge mulit-color Tahitians are showstoppers but look at that blouse!!! You look like you're ready to go to the Oscars!!! Fantastic!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Confection, beautiful Tahitians and I adore that top! What a great frame for pearls and your face!

Today -- POJ dove keshi dangles and POJ Japanese baroque blue akoya:

poj_dove_keshi_and_japanese_baroque_akoya_2.jpg

poj_dove_keshi_and_japanese_baroque_akoya.jpg

poj_dove_keshi_and_japanese_baroque_akoya_3.jpg

poj_japanese_baroque_akoya.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - Your pearls look perfect with that dress. They add just the right amount of refinement!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I've tried for a few days to take decent pictures of my emearld green Tahitian ring and these are all I have. I'll describe what it looks like in person and then use your imagination! It's a medium green, very intense and bright, looks like a glass garden ball. There are blue and gold overtones. Luster - oh yeah!!! It's small but perfect for regular day wear with a sprinkling of diamonds down the shank. It's a pearl you really have to see in person - hopefully some day at a Ruckus!!!

Post #1

_21734.jpg

_21735.jpg

_21733.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Post #2 - different lighting. Like I said, use your imagination and I'll work on my photography skills!

_21737.jpg

_21738.jpg

_21736.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, that last picture is beautiful!!!

renwea

Shiny_Rock
Oh my ….that ring!!!!
Im wearing my new Tahitians from the PP sale.

wp_20140827_0.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
renwea - I love those big, colorful, lustrous drops on you. Simply beautiful.

I wore my new 54" Tahitian rope of plump peacock drops from the PP August sale. I added my Kamoka "wonder" pendant to fill in my V-neck sweater. Fortunately, the metal chain rides higher on my neck than the Tahitians, so I don't worry much about rubbing onto the pearls.

rope_2.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Confection 10, I will try to get photos taken this weekend. I must warn you that it looks better worn than by itself :sick: your Tahitian strand and the green earrings are gorgeous!

Pkinnew, thank you for the extra pictures! The color is so intense and I like the ring design too. I do not recall seeing that ring on their website.

Renwea & Fly Girl,, congratulations on your T strands. The strands are very lustrous! And the colours are very well matched.

Bsomio, your ensemble goes very well with each other, as always :appl:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So many lovely pearls !! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Pkinnew and bsomlo, thank you! My blouse looks great with jeans; there is contrast enough and makes me feel more feminine :lol:.

Pkinnew, that green hue is really amazing :love:

Bsomlo, beautiful outfit, over all :wavey:

renwea, what a colourful strand of Tahitians. Pearl envy hits me everyday, I notice... =)

Fly Girl, kovely rope :lickout:

YC, thanks! I'll be waiting.... :wavey:

Today Catherine's "Ugly Ducks" twisted

_21754.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, so many things I have drooled over!

Pkinnew, that ring! The green is stunning!
Bsomio, love both the pearls and the dress. So beautiful together!
Renwea: I have to admit, I didn't see it in the online pic, but WOW they are gorgeous in person! You have an amazing eye!!!
Fly Girl, I'm sad that you are an 8 hour drive away, or I'd hop in the car to see those in person! That cherry overtone is TDF!
and Confection - I don't just have pearl envy, I have figure envy! Your rope/blouse combo looks fantastic on you!

Today I'm trying out my blue-green and my dark green with peacock overtone strands together as a double, as the differences between them are subtle enough that I don't think the casual observer would notice (but please everyone tell me if you disagree). Here's a shot in my office (it's a good thing that I am my own boss, otherwise I'd be in trouble for how much time I have spent lately taking and posting neck shots at work).

Best compliment from DH yesterday when we were discussing my pearl purchases and my desire for a long rope or harvest strand: "your new pearls really class up your work outfits" and given that things relax +++ over the summer in my industry, I can only imagine how beautiful things will look when I am back into my dark suits.

It's a nice change having the baroques in that I feel that they work well with work wear without being over the top fancy. I live in a place where the culture dictates that you have to walk a fine line between looking "nice" and looking like a fancy-pants, and wearing perfect rounds during the daytime would likely be into fancy-pants territory - this is definitely a regional, not a national thing. So although my akoyas are stunning, they are definitely evening only wear in these parts, whereas my baroques are perfect and have gotten a ton of wear already.

double_strand_5_cropped_small.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Enjoying your pearls, Confection10 and cmd2014.

Today I wore a favorite shirt in shades of grey, so I decided to wear pearls in shades of grey. I mixed not only my greys but also the designers.

First was my monster graduated grey Tahitian pendant from Kojima and setting designed by Stephen Vincent Design. Earrings are my new ruckus purchase of white South Sea keshi from little h. The bracelet is a black Tahitian set in white gold and black rubber by T Lee. The ring is a silvery blue Sea of Cortez pearl in an older setting from Kojima.

So, I wore lots of favorite pieces today.

today_8833.jpg

today_8836.jpg

today_8837.jpg

today_8838.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
"...and Confection - I don't just have pearl envy, I have figure envy! Your rope/blouse combo looks fantastic on you!"

+++++++++++1

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
renwea - It doesn't happen all of the time but when it does it's outstanding! I'm talking about pearls that look good in the glamour shot but on the neck - tdf! I love the shapes and colors in your new strand - Congratulations!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - I REALLY like your pearls today! Sophisticated and edgy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results