shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a wonderful story and a beautiful picture! It's great when you can pass along a piece to someone that loves it and brings it new life.

May she wear it in good health!

BTW, I believe I fell in love with this necklace viewing it on your neck!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Mapo, I love the style of your spike necklace, definitely a "wow" design and unusual.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Fly girl - Thanks for sharing that story, what a nice gift that was clearly appreciated! They look great on her, and I like her other pendant too.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Today, POJ Japanese silver/blue akoya and POJ dove metallic keshi dangles. Everything looks silver in the pictures -- the powder blue doesn't show in today's shots:

poj_japanese_akoya.jpg

poj_dove_keshi_dangle_a.jpg

poj_dove_keshi_dangle_b.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
I agree that photographing the blue baroque akoyas is a challenge! I do enjoy the silvery tones showing up in these pics though.

today, I wore 9-10mm metallic white fwp studs from POJ. These puppies are so lustrous and has great depth in person. unfortunately this picture can't do it justice.

img_5590.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you enjoyed the story of my MIL and her new pearls.

Today I wore mixed whites. My horned white ripple pearls from POJ, lengthed with white freshwater keshi and knotted on Beaders' Secret. It's been a while since I wore my white SS pearl ring, with diamonds and moonstones, and I was reminded again of how special this piece is. I added my soufflé bracelet and 9mm white freshadama studs from PP for good measure. I'm getting a bit of summer tan, and the white pearls look really nice against the skin.

today_8498.jpg

today_8502.jpg

today_8499.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- fabulous combination! I wish I could see your pearls in person!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1404864776|3709332 said:
Fly Girl -- fabulous combination! I wish I could see your pearls in person!
Thanks, bsomlo. Just wait three weeks. The ring, at least, will be coming to the ruckus. Special request from 4RanchGirl.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Silly me, of course!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
It's so nice catching up with everyone's treasures! I took an involuntary leave from this board and am so thrilled to be back!!! Just a few comments...

periwinklegirl - I don't think I have vendor shots of the Akoya ring but I will look around, it might still be available in my order history.

ckrickett & Confection10 - Fun pearls are the best way to enjoy guilt-free pearl love!

mapo - That spike necklace is amazing and what an ice-breaker! You must share the compliments you get!

FlyGirl - You are a wonderful DIL, thank you for sharing your love of pearls with others in your life!

I will do my best to wear more pearls too!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
today's pearls: img_5617.jpg

I hope everyone's having a great day! :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
mapo -- your pearls are gorgeous and gorgeous on you! Wear your beautiful new necklace in health!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
mapo - Lovely bold pearls! Are those the new ripples?

mapo

Shiny_Rock
thanks bsomlo and pkinnew! and yes those are the new ripples. :twirl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl - I found a tiny picture on PP's order history and included it below. I also tried to enlarge it a little but it got kinda blurry. It's a blue Akoya with green, pink and gold overtones depending on the light and how you move it!

3444.jpg

3444_rev.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, Your keshi/Tahitian necklace is always lovely. Nice to meet her again. As well Your akoyas. They look like steel :love:

Fly Girl, very lovely and warm story of Your MIL. And great example how pearls look good on what ever age neck. Lovely ripples. Nice idea to use tiny keshis with them. Your bracelet and pearl ring are gorgeous. I love to see many pearl jewelry at same time. It is somehing I can't see here in Finland unless I'll stand front of mirror ;-)

mapo, just studs on one day :shock: ? I think I felt naked if I'd wear just studs :lol: . Gorgeous, gorgeous ripples. That type of pearl seem to be my favorite. They everytime makes me :drool:

Today pale lavender strand

_20090.jpg

_20091.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
confection10, you're too funny! I worked from home that day, so there was no need to do the full pearl outfit. my dog is not so impressed by pearls.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
confection10, those are beautiful tahitians! may i ask what size the pearls are and how long the necklace is?

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
mapo, many thanks. I love these as multicoloured. These are from a little under 14mm to 11.5mm and lenght is 24" :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Confection, that is a serious strand of Tahitians!

renwea

Shiny_Rock
I'm wearing my Tahitians to dinner tonight. These pearls have such life!

_20211.jpg

_20212.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
renwea -- lustrous pearls with a beautiful color!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - I love that length - it's so classic! I will definitely add that to my some day list! And the colors are fantastic on you!

renwea - Gorgeous Tahitians - so blue!

Here's what I'm wearing today. My white SS tin cup with a simple white top. I did also take pictures of what I wore yesterday (my large purple souffle) but I just couldn't capture it!

_20226.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That tin cup is absolutely lovely!!! It looks perfect with that top.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Today I'm wearing my spike necklace and yesterday I wore white ripples:

img_5625.jpg

img_5622.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
mapo - I have to ask - how many compliments did you get yesterday wearing that dramatic necklace? It looks awesome on you! I know many of us live in pearl-blind zones wear no one makes a commnet on our pearls no matter what we wear but that had to get attention! Really stunning!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
pkinnew, Thanks for the compliment! I work at a place where not too many people notice pearls. It's a fairly casual place where jeans and collared shirts are the norm. So to answer your question, no one! I'm glad this forum is here for me to share my pearl hobby. :wink2:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Here's what I'm wearing today - blue Akoyas and Barbara Bixby blue topaz and pearl vine & leaf earrings!

_20277.jpg

_20278.jpg

_20279.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
bronze-lavender ripples for today

img_5634.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results