shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
baby monster, that strand is really lovely on you!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mapo those are some stunning akoyas!

Pkinnew, love your akoya ring. do you have a vendor pic of it showing the colours?

B - you always look lovely in your pearls. I'm tempted to try to copy those ombre lavender earrings.

Confection - many beauties as usual! Love the dark ripples especially!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have something to confess. I am so bad when it comes to Groupon pearl deals. I seem to always be buying them and it's a problem. I bought 2 ropes (one white one black) and they actually sent me an additional 2 ropes. and I bought the deal with the "gemstone" beads and baroque freshwater pearls. I never ever expect them to be high quality, and I spend no more then $30. But these are fun things to wear, especially when I am painting (I always get paint on everything) so I don't worry about ruining them. Anyways Today I started out with the Red Agate/Freshwater necklace, and decided to change to my 100" freshwater black rope. The black rope is so comical, some pearls have an additional 1-3 drill holes, like they kept changing there mind on where to drill. But for $20 it was a silly little purchase.

photo_1_95.jpg
red agate silver and freshwater pearls

photo_2_84.jpg
Black freshwater rope. Pretty sure these babies were dyed in Bic Ink, still fun though.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett - I'm so glad you are having fun with the pearls. Those casual strands allow you to wear pearls when you might otherwise not, and that's great.

I wore my jumbo Kamoka strand today, with my peacock Kamoka studs, and the bracelet from my Kamoka harvest strand. I'm showing a couple of shots of the bracelet, because I get such a kick out of that white, "poe nono", Tahitian.

todaykamoka_8442.jpg

todaykamoka_8447.jpg

todaykamoka_8446.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wearing my Kamoka peacock drop today with a new grey summer sweater.

todaykamoka_8455.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl that pearl and sweater combo is gorgeous!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
ckrickett, your fun pearls just make smile. pearls go far beyond special occasions.

FlyGirl, I never tire of seeing your gorgeous tahitian pendant.

today, I went casual with a cfw keshi pearls/cfw roundish pearls/gemstone combo ropes and metallic white fwp drop earrings (no pic of the earrings).
img_5578.jpg

here's a better shot of the necklaces:
img_5579_0.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
mapo - that looks like a pearl, aquamarine and labradorite combo...love it!! So pretty and fun.

Thanks, ckrickett and mapo.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett, it is nice to see, that You won't take pearls too seriously (just like me :lol: ). Pearls are so lovely gift from nature, that You should enjoy wearing them, all the time. I love great variety of different pearls; everyone of us can find own style. And as we all can see, there is unlimited possibilities to wear them :wavey:

Fly Girl, Your K's are stunning as usual :wavey:

mapo, Your rope would be perfect with blue jeans and white shirt. Unbeatable combo :wavey:

Today multicolour longer necklace and bracelet

_19780.jpg

_19781.jpg

_19782.jpg

_19783.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Finally finished my white south sea mixed strand. Will try to get a better pic. You can't really see the colour on the aqua akoyas in this shot.

mixed_akoya_strand.png

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
A little closer shot

strand_close_up.png

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone's looking GORGEOUS!

Wearing my Tahitian rope from PP

tahitiandenim.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl, Your brand new strand looks very lovely. It is nice lenght. Great job. Could You take some closer shots outside, in shadow on white paper or towel? So You can catch colours better.

Elysian, Your baroque T rope is real eyecatcher. Stunning look!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing my new strand from CC! :love: In fact confess I've been wearing little else lately I'm so enamoured by it. :naughty:

This pic was taken near the window (cloudy day) showing in natural light. They are just so metallic and glowy... :saint:

pearlsatwork2.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Everyone is looking beautiful in their varied pearls. Such a pleasure to see.

Elysian -- your Tahitian rope is incredible. It's mesmerizing. The colors of the pearls are just beautiful and their size and shape work so well together.

HotPozzum -- I can see why you are in love! A wonderful strand of large and lustrous pearls. Who could ask for more?

mapo

Shiny_Rock
this is my absolute favorite thread on pricescope! Everyone wears their pearls so beautifully.

Here's what I wore yesterday, a necklace I made a long time ago of dyed coin shaped fwps:
img_5582.jpg

and for today, my new necklace from Sarah at kojima pearls...I had a blast meeting her at her studio. and I have a few items on their way to me from that trip. I'll post when I receive them.

img_5588.jpg

Happy 4th July!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Mapo I love both those looks, but I am completely intrigued by the lower necklace. What am I looking at? It's an incredible necklace! So unique and pretty!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
mapo -- I'd been eyeing those on Sarah's website for a while now, and they look completely different than I'd thought they would! The presence is much more dramatic and substantial than I'd envisioned. The necklace is beautiful on you!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ckrickett and bsomlo! I actually purchased the pearls from sven at agustus collection (which is how I found the other pearl forum).
baroque_ssp_project.jpg

I saw the spike necklace on kojima pearls and requested sarah to make me a similar necklace with the baroque ssps from sven.
ssp_necklace_idea3.jpg

and she was so kind to do it for me! I love the spike necklace as it is perfect for hot weather. the spike itself is sterling silver and I believe the chain is oxidized brass...not sure on the chain though. but very fun and easy to wear.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Elysian|1404435726|3706384 said:
Everyone's looking GORGEOUS!

Wearing my Tahitian rope from PP

Absolutely stunning Tahitian rope!

mapo|1404512638|3706940 said:
Thanks ckrickett and bsomlo! I actually purchased the pearls from sven at agustus collection (which is how I found the other pearl forum).

I saw the spike necklace on kojima pearls and requested sarah to make me a similar necklace with the baroque ssps from sven.

and she was so kind to do it for me! I love the spike necklace as it is perfect for hot weather. the spike itself is sterling silver and I believe the chain is oxidized brass...not sure on the chain though. but very fun and easy to wear.

This necklace is so chicl! Sarah's designs are amazing!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1402672704|3692391 said:
Cyndayco, now that's what I call Friday casual - a long strand of SSP :cheeky: .

White ripples for me today.

Wow! Your ripples are just gorgeous!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
HotPozzum, Your pearls are fabulous. Ang huge looking on Your neck. Great purchase. Enjoy!

mapo, that is brilliant clever necklace. It's dainty but so eyecatching. WOW :love:.

Today icy keshis with colourful wings

_20001.jpg

_20002.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Today, keshi/Tahitian rope (laughably awkward to take this shot with my iPad):

_20004.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1404329954|3705401 said:
Wearing my Kamoka peacock drop today with a new grey summer sweater.

I absolutely love this setting! Is this one your custom jeweler did for you? I have been wanting a Tahitian pendant and yours is pure perfection :love: :love: :love:

bsomlo|1404754952|3708237 said:
Today, keshi/Tahitian rope (laughably awkward to take this shot with my iPad):

I haven't seen this lovely strand in a while. Gosh it is pretty :appl: :appl: :appl:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo, I love that necklace! I was sorry to see the similar one at the PP summer sale get sold before I found the sale. You wear it well!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
mapo, I know what you mean. I lost out on this rope 3 sales ago and was delighted to nab it 2 sales ago. It seems there was one left and it went very fast.

Here are a few more shots using my usual cell phone. This rope is so light and airy and easy-to-wear:

Overview:

One Tahitian upclose:

Another Tahitian upclose:

Confection, I love your "wings" rope. What luster!

pp_tahitian-keshi_rope.jpg

pp_keshi-tahitian_upclose_1.jpg

pp_tahitian-keshi_upclose_2.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the extra shots of your tahitian and keshi rope! so pretty! I will have to keep an eye out for one if it comes back.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully, someone will return theirs! You can ask PP to put you on the wait-list in case they get one back.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo - Love that keshi and Tahitian rope on you. I'm not planning on returning mine anytime soon. :bigsmile:

I decided that it was time to pass on one of my Chinese freshwater multi-colored necklaces that I have never enjoyed wearing. I gave my PP inception necklace to my dear MIL (she recently celebrated her 85th birthday). She already has a matching bracelet from me via a Christmas gift exchange a couple of years ago. I know that pearls can look very different on different people, but it was still a shock to see this strand come to life around her neck. On me they looked dull and lifeless. On her they looked stunning and the overtones looked amazing. I received a note from her today, saying that she had been looking for jewelry for a couple of her outfits, and this pearl strand is perfect for them. I'm thrilled to know that these gorgeous pearls will be loved and worn. :))

today_8485.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results