shape
carat
color
clarity

What Are You Hoping Your DH Will Buy You For The Holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Just curious...what are you hoping to receive from your DH? Or what have you requested in case you work gift giving that way?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I wanted some diamond studs so I bought them myself... DH is supposed to wrap them and put them under the tree lol. He also already bought me a tea set. Really, I just hope he surprises me with SOMETHING. Even if it costs like $20... I''d just like a surprise
1.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Tennis bracelet
36.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have my eye on a small vintage e-ring (for an RHR) with a .25 OEC in it...my local jeweler just started doing an estate case and I''ve been drooling over it since October, but DH has been really clear that we''re spending less than $100 this year. He tends to stick to his word, even for surprises, though - so I doubt it will be under the tree (but maybe for birthday or anny!)

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
im on the same page as oobiecoo - a surprise any surprise pleaseeeee! i am so tired of "hun, go buy yourself something nice" Grrrrr.... always taking the easy way out
29.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my present early...a Nikon D60
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I have a handful of surprises under the tree...and, a lovely new Coach bag (as always!)...oh, and really cute Suburb Crochet Uggs in black.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My son told me the other day that my DH would be giving me a black cat. He''s been insisting that is true and just when I was beginning to daydream about a new kitty to join the two we have, my son admitted he was kidding.
7.gif
But, that is probably for the best since we don''t have enough room for another furry baby. My son also said that DH is getting me a "shiny diamond ring" and I can only assume that he made that up, as well.

Maybe I''m lame, but I can''t even think of anything I want this year! I''m pretty much set on everything I need to be content. A new set of dishes would be nice. . .(dh wouldn''t ever think to get me those.)

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
An elliptical, but all I keep hearing from him is how he hates workout equipment in a home because it''s rarely used and there''s no place for it.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I hope nothing!

My company have cut my salary by 50% due to my being on sick leave and we need to be careful in case the court case really drags on and/or I don''t get a decent settlement.

He bought me a very expensive birthday present as well so I really expect nothing.

I''ve bought him a couple of books and a chilli growing kit just as something little - and he''ll get an IOU for when the nightmare is all over.

Frankly we could do without christmas this year.

Now next year... that is a whole other story
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I bought myself a really nice chef''s nice and FI will wrap it and put it under the tree
1.gif
I would''ve let him buy it, but there''s a really nice knife store near a place I travel to, so I just picked it up while I was there. It would be nice if he got me some other little surprise though ... We did go out to a really nice dinner on Saturday when he originally wanted to eat cheaply, so I think that was our Christmas present to each other
18.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping nothing
40.gif

We agreed this year not to give each other gifts. I''m buying him a gift just in case he decides to get me something. And if he doesn''t, then I''ll hold on to it for his birthday (which is 2 weeks later
3.gif
)

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing! We got a Wii together and agreed to no other Christmas gifts.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
We're not getting gifts this year, either, though the puppy timeline keeps getting pushed back (the pup and an SUV were the gifts this year). For the past 9 years we've taken trips for Christmas instead of getting gifts, which I LOVE...it's usually just a quick trip down to the Caribbean for some sun in the middle of winter. I'm really going to miss the trip this year...maybe we can squeeze one in if we don't get the pup and SUV until spring.

I'm honestly just looking forward to getting a card. DH's cards are always fantastic and I look forward to getting them. We both absolutely LOVE surprises, so I might get him a small, fun gift. Nearly every day we do the "You're not getting me anything for Christmas, right?" exchange.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this beauuutiful smokey quartz and diamond ring that I''d love as a RHR - DH knows i love jewelry - and I think I saw a lightbulb switch on when I was swooning over it. Hmmm - I hope he got the hint!! ha!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know. I''m hard to please. I want a new pair of earrings. Secertly I''m hoping that he a - manages to actually surprise me, b - spends more than our typical amount, and c - visits here and absorbs all kinds of knowledge so that he can buy me a pendant or eternity band in the near future.

I''m not asking too much, right?
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 10:29:08 PM
Author: MC
Maybe I''m lame, but I can''t even think of anything I want this year! I''m pretty much set on everything I need to be content. A new set of dishes would be nice. . .(dh wouldn''t ever think to get me those.)

I''m lame, too, MC! I just don''t need anything at all. I did ask for a subscription to the New Yorker but that''s really it. I kind of want a commercial steamer so I can steam my clothes more easily but even that I''m kind of whatever about. I have a small handheld steamer that works pretty well and takes up less space.

I tried to get him to agree to us just getting a new couch but he really likes getting me presents (and I like getting him stuff too, but he doesn''t really want/need anything either!) so we''ll probably end up do presents like usual and buy a new couch in Jan.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 1:38:50 AM
Author: thing2of2

I''m lame, too, MC! I just don''t need anything at all. I did ask for a subscription to the New Yorker but that''s really it. I kind of want a commercial steamer so I can steam my clothes more easily but even that I''m kind of whatever about. I have a small handheld steamer that works pretty well and takes up less space.

I tried to get him to agree to us just getting a new couch but he really likes getting me presents (and I like getting him stuff too, but he doesn''t really want/need anything either!) so we''ll probably end up do presents like usual and buy a new couch in Jan.
After working in retail, I decided I MUST have one of these. Mine isn''t a commercial brand but still nice and I love it. How well do the handheld ones work?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 2:36:26 AM
Author: oobiecoo

After working in retail, I decided I MUST have one of these. Mine isn''t a commercial brand but still nice and I love it. How well do the handheld ones work?

It''s really just okay. It works well on silk and lighter cotton but definitely not great for thicker materials. I do take it on all my trips, though, so I like that a lot.

What steamer do you have? I was thinking about getting this Jiffy commercial steamer but I''m kind of cheaping out when it comes down to it! And I''m not even the one who''s going to buy it if I get it for a gift!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Due to the fact that DH won''t be getting a bonus this year and that we lost a lot in the crash, we agreed not to do presents for each other this year. We would rather make the kid''s Christmas the focal point. I am getting DH a couple of small things...some cashmere socks and a handheld Yatzee game (he will love this). I asked for an umbrella and subscription to O magazine and the new Andrea Bocelli CD.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
After pouring a ton of dough into our wedding just a couple of months ago we''re not doing gifts this year. We''re taking a mini trip to Portland for a few days over xmas day and that''s about it.

Next year I''d like a Cartier Rolling Ring!
3.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
We got a Prius to replace my 1993 Honda, and I am the primary driver. Does that count as MY gift?
Other than that, our new kittie Nina and my most recent birthday rolling band and eternity wedding band are gifts enough for the whole year...... Can I just have world peace?
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

A new couch would be perfect! Something you both can enjoy!
1.gif

Right now, my gift will be a new head gasket for my car!
39.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked for a bluetooth headset. I take mass transit now and haven''t had to drive that much since, but when I do, it''s a pain to talk on speaker or the headset that''s attached to the phone. That''s all...nothing big ticket right now.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I got a Rowenta steamer for Christmas a couple of years ago... my mom wanted me to have a nice brand. Well, it broke almost immediately! I returned it and did without for a while and then got another last year. It was from Target and only like $60 maybe and works great. I think its called "Home Touch".

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I am actually saving up my jewlery credits, but he is getting me a cashmere sweater from J. Crew that I''ve had my eye on for a while.

As you all know, I really want to reset my ering, and I would love a shared-prong eternity band, but I am waiting until at least next year. At DH''s company, they issue bonuses in early summer (end of their fiscal year) instead of at Xmas, and that''s when our wedding anniversary is, so that''s when I hope to cash in my "jewelry credits." I told him that I would prefer to hold off on jewelry this holiday, so I can get something extra-nice next year :)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 7:01:47 AM
Author: Courtneylub
An elliptical, but all I keep hearing from him is how he hates workout equipment in a home because it''s rarely used and there''s no place for it.
Not true!
emotion-15.gif
My husband got me a treadmill for Xmas 2 years ago, and I still use it almost every day. It''s great since I don''t always have time for the gym, now that I''m a SAHM - it''s not convenient to drag kids to the gym for a quick workout :) I think the elliptical is a great gift, you''ll love it!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 7:07:56 PM
Author: vespergirl
I am actually saving up my jewlery credits, but he is getting me a cashmere sweater from J. Crew that I''ve had my eye on for a while.

As you all know, I really want to reset my ering, and I would love a shared-prong eternity band, but I am waiting until at least next year. At DH''s company, they issue bonuses in early summer (end of their fiscal year) instead of at Xmas, and that''s when our wedding anniversary is, so that''s when I hope to cash in my ''jewelry credits.'' I told him that I would prefer to hold off on jewelry this holiday, so I can get something extra-nice next year :)
hehe I did the opposite... I went into debt on jewelry credits for Christmas! My earrings this year are also my upcoming birthday gift (jan.3), valentine''s gift, and also my gift for any other times I feel a jewlery itch!
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 7:11:59 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Date: 12/17/2008 7:07:56 PM

Author: vespergirl

As you all know, I really want to reset my ering, and I would love a shared-prong eternity band, but I am waiting until at least next year. At DH''s company, they issue bonuses in early summer (end of their fiscal year) instead of at Xmas, and that''s when our wedding anniversary is, so that''s when I hope to cash in my ''jewelry credits.'' I told him that I would prefer to hold off on jewelry this holiday, so I can get something extra-nice next year :)
hehe I did the opposite... I went into debt on jewelry credits for Christmas! My earrings this year are also my upcoming birthday gift (jan.3), valentine''s gift, and also my gift for any other times I feel a jewlery itch!
3.gif

Hahaha! I did this last year with my bezel set earrings from WF, but then I was a little bratty and still wanted Christmas presents! So no more saving up jewelry credits for me! My birthday''s Aug. 31 and Christmas is just too far away to combine them!

I was trying to combine Christmas and my graduation but I haven''t found any jewelry I really want so oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results