shape
carat
color
clarity

WFD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
A popular and frequent topic of convo on another forum I post on is called "What''s For Dinner" or WFD. I thought I''d ask you guys!

Well, here I think it is going to be meatloaf and mashed potatoes and salad and carrots because of that thread in rocky talky LOL now I am craving meatloaf!!! We have a friend''s daughter staying the night tonight so this will probably work out well for everyone :) I best get off her and get my rear to the store!!!

What''s on your menu tonight? (I could use the ideas - unhealthy ideas welcome here too hehe
27.gif
)

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Leftover falafel sandwich and a chocolate patisserie, with some fresh OJ from the OJ man around the corner.

Before dinner snack was bitter salty black olives, goat cheese, and bread generously drizzled in EVO.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
pizza tonight. My hubby calls me the pizza queen.
encore.gif

recipe

1/4 teaspoon sugar and 1/2cup warm water mix in yeast let it get frothy.

Then in a bowl put in 1 1/2 cups flour and 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil and then mix in yeast mixture. Kneed, cover let rise and then roll out pizzas
18.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Probably tortilla soup. We made some last night and it was spectacular!

Maybe something else. He''s home from a tooth extraction, and we''ve plans tonight, so he may whip something up before I get back.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 6:37:34 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
Leftover falafel sandwich and a chocolate patisserie, with some fresh OJ from the OJ man around the corner.

Before dinner snack was bitter salty black olives, goat cheese, and bread generously drizzled in EVO.
omg fresh squeezed oj sounds really good.... I do have some lemons for lemonade but that''s not the same :/

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 6:40:45 PM
Author: Skippy123
encore.gif

recipe

Then in a bowl put in 1 1/2 cups flour and 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil and then mix in yeast mixture. Kneed, cover let rise and then roll out pizzas
18.gif
what do you put on your pizzas? I am SOOOOOOOOOO picky about the tomato sauce. I really really don''t like it sweet and most places (like 99%) have it too sweet.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 6:56:04 PM
Author: Aloros

Maybe something else. He''s home from a tooth extraction, and we''ve plans tonight, so he may whip something up before I get back.
what goes in tortilla soup??? besides tortillas that is lol

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:20:08 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 7/18/2007 6:56:04 PM

There''s tomatoes, celery, bell pepper, corn, olives, jalapenos, chicken, and of course, tortilla chips! I''m sure I''m missing some ingredients. My bf did most of the prep work. But whoooo boy is it TASTY! I ate some for lunch and I still want to eat it for dinner again.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
I'm making Cioppino. It's like a broth based fish/clam/mussel soup.. they have a rachael ray recipe on foodtv, she drives me insane BUT her recipe is very quick and delish..

THEN I was thinking about making some polenta... but I think I'm gonna add some parmesan cheese to the polenta, pour and spread it on a oiled cookie sheet, and let it cool down, then i'll cut little triangles out and quick fry them for my soup.

YUM-O.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
BBQ chicken, squash and a green salad.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
I totally ate 2 Krispy Kreme doughnuts for dinner tonight.
emembarrassed.gif

BUT I had some delish lobster ravioli at Macaroni Grill for lunch and it had asparagus on it! Asparagus, I say!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are having canned soup for dinner tonight!!!

I'm very dedicated to using organic whole food ingredients and making my husband and kids healthy meals that will help them grow strong & stay that way, but all they do is b*tch and complain and half the time refuse to eat, and I'm fed up. I think I'm turning into a disgruntled housewife, so I am giving them canned chicken noodle soup and I'm just going to drink a beer and maybe order a little gold necklace I've been eyeing at Nordies!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:24:30 PM

Date: 7/18/2007 7:20:08 PM

There''s tomatoes, celery, bell pepper, corn, olives, jalapenos, chicken, and of course, tortilla chips! I''m sure I''m missing some ingredients. My bf did most of the prep work. But whoooo boy is it TASTY! I ate some for lunch and I still want to eat it for dinner again.
I LOVE tortilla soup!!! One of my favorite resturants makes it and adds avocado to it. So good.
18.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Crocked a pork roast last night---that, reheated, with cheesy potatos and some steamed broccolli,,,,,,,and then beer and Oreos.
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a southwest salad sans chicken and a 42 oz. diet Coke tonight from McDonalds...I doctored up the salad when I got it home by adding some sliced avocado, more diced tomato, extra black beans, steamed red sweet peppers, and more lime juice, LOL! It was much better with my extra ingredients!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:29:40 PM
Author: curiopotter
I'm making Cioppino. It's like a broth based fish/clam/mussel soup.. they have a rachael ray recipe on foodtv, she drives me insane BUT her recipe is very quick and delish..

THEN I was thinking about making some polenta... but I think I'm gonna add some parmesan cheese to the polenta, pour and spread it on a oiled cookie sheet, and let it cool down, then i'll cut little triangles out and quick fry them for my soup.

YUM-O.
She bugs the crap out of me too! I want to slap her; her talk show drives me nuts too! She is phony and LOUD; I don't see what Oprah sees in her
14.gif
Do others feel this way????
20.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had chicken fetticine alfredo (light sauce) with some oven toasted garlic bread and raw veggies.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chicken scallopine here. YUMMO
18.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:19:30 PM

Date: 7/18/2007 6:40:45 PM
encore.gif

recipe

18.gif
what do you put on your pizzas? I am SOOOOOOOOOO picky about the tomato sauce. I really really don''t like it sweet and most places (like 99%) have it too sweet.
Garlic fresh from the press, Trader Joe''s garlic tomato sauce (not sweet), cheese, a little bit of feta, Chef Prodhomes magic pizza spice, turkey pepperoni''s. YUM
18.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
This is a neat idea Cehra.

Last night was clean-out-the-fridge night, so there''s not a lot of food in the house. I threw together a salad with red lettuce, a slightly wilty cuke and some carrots. Once it was dressed with a tasty cardamom vinegrette it didn''t even resemble the stale veggies it began as!

Main course was tagliatelli tossed with frew herbs from the windowsill, olive oil, garlic and red pepper. DH broke out the blueberry icecream later on, but I was too full of noodles to help much.

Tonight we''re headed to a ball game, so probably pre-game tacos and beer.

Man, I haven''t had meatloaf for ages...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 9:12:09 PM

She bugs the crap out of me too! I want to slap her; her talk show drives me nuts too! She is phony and LOUD; I don''t see what Oprah sees in her
14.gif
20.gif
Do you really think she''s phony? I don''t get that from her, but she IS loud, and her voice affects me kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard.
9.gif

Tonight is homemade tater salad, fried catfish, and, I dunno yet. Maybe slow cooked green beans...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 2:18:15 PM
Author: Ellen

She bugs the crap out of me too! I want to slap her; her talk show drives me nuts too! She is phony and LOUD; I don't see what Oprah sees in her
14.gif
20.gif
Do you really think she's phony? I don't get that from her, but she IS loud, and her voice affects me kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard.
9.gif

Tonight is homemade tater salad, fried catfish, and, I dunno yet. Maybe slow cooked green beans...
My hubby makes his face all twitchy like she does! Big expressions=fake just my impression of her. Some people like her, I guess.
20.gif
Oh yeah, I forgot my dad and cousin had a crush on her.
14.gif

So no onions for dinner?!??!?
9.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:29:40 PM

Author: curiopotter

I''m making Cioppino. It''s like a broth based fish/clam/mussel soup.. they have a rachael ray recipe on foodtv, she drives me insane BUT her recipe is very quick and delish..

THEN I was thinking about making some polenta... but I think I''m gonna add some parmesan cheese to the polenta, pour and spread it on a oiled cookie sheet, and let it cool down, then i''ll cut little triangles out and quick fry them for my soup.

YUM-O.

She bugs the crap out of me too! I want to slap her; her talk show drives me nuts too! She is phony and LOUD; I don''t see what Oprah sees in her
14.gif
20.gif

LOL... I was at the gym yesterday and the RR show was on with closed captions. It was much easier to tolerate with NO SOUND.

Tonight, I am serving up tomato soup and grilled cheese for the kids and a Weight Watchers frozen entree for me. My son has karate tonight so dinner needs to be quick..

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Tonight it''s butternut squash and shallot pasta w/ a green salad.

I like RR''s cooking shows, but I don''t like her talk show.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 5:57:41 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Tonight it''s butternut squash and shallot pasta w/ a green salad.

I like RR''s cooking shows, but I don''t like her talk show.
Her cooking show does not bother me nor does her $40 a day (excpet for the poor tipping part) but her talk so really bothers me.

Yum pasta and Shallots
18.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Dinner tonight (if I end up having time to make it in between errands):

Grilled Salmon with Orzo pasta. Orzo pasta has wilted spinach, fresh tomato chunks, basil, salt and EV Olive oil.
18.gif

This thread is making me hungry...
3.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Mock lasagne (no oven) with leeks, red pepper, goat cheese, bit of carrot and garlic, and LOTS of EVO--and a pinch of saffron.

Turned out pretty well, although lasagne sheets are not meant to be cooked completely in water.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 5:36:12 PM

My hubby makes his face all twitchy like she does! Big expressions=fake just my impression of her. Some people like her, I guess.
20.gif
Oh yeah, I forgot my dad and cousin had a crush on her.
14.gif

So no onions for dinner?!??!?
9.gif
Only in the tater salad.
9.gif

Posh, your dinner sounds yummy!!

I am starving, this thread is not helping....

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Another RR hater here! Can''t stand her!

I''m working late tonight so when I finally get home we''re going to split a Kashi pizza and salad. Healthy kick these days counting down to the wedding.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 6:20:30 PM
Author: Ellen

Posh, your dinner sounds yummy!!

I am starving, this thread is not helping....

Thanks
9.gif

And the thread is not helping me either... LOL

Is it dinner time yet????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results