shape
carat
color
clarity

WF diamonds-by-the-yard

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY WORD, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this necklace! DANG I want one sooooooooo bad!!!! And your solitaire pendant is AmAzInG!!!!!!! How big is that puppy???

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the neck shots-your new necklace is soooo GORGEOUS! And your solitaire pendant is to die for, too!

sparkle-sparkle

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies for your kind words. I am loving it too! It''s so hot today. When I went out I was all sweaty and I could feel the dbty necklace was sticking to my neck, no floating or flowing at all!
10.gif
I like it as a summer necklace, it''s airy and light, plus you can see the sparkles all the way around. I now wish I had it a couple of months earlier.
30.gif

The solitaire pendant was my original e-ring DH proposed with. It is a D-SI1, 1.04 ct. I have 2 chains (18" and 15.5") to go with it so I could wear it long or short.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous and looks just great on you! It''s really beautiful...may have to add that one to my wishlist!
2.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, SparkleDreamer, the necklace looks amazing on you
30.gif
It has such a light and floating feel to it. One question about the bezel setting. Do you feel the stones "poking" you at all?

sparkle-sparkle

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 9:47:59 PM
Author: baby monster
30.gif
It has such a light and floating feel to it. One question about the bezel setting. Do you feel the stones 'poking' you at all?
I can feel the culet of the dimaonds on my neck, but it's not a "poking" feel. It does not bother me at all. And believe me, I am a "comfort comes first" person!

It does turn a little though, I found the clasp ring on the side of my neck at the end of the day. I suspected it would turn around (even though not as much as my other chains), that's why I asked WF to make the diamonds evenly spaced so it still looks fine when turned. T&Co has a 11 x 0.15 ct on a 16 inch chain, with longer spacing around the clasp (meaning no diamonds on the back of your neck when the clasp is perfectly back centered), I was concerned about the turning. The sales lady was very honest with me and saying it would probably turn but if I adjust it from time to time, it should be fine. Or I can get the evenly spaced version, which is 15 x 0.18 ct for over 13K!
7.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2007 10:09:47 PM
Author: SparkleDreamer

Date: 8/25/2007 9:47:59 PM
30.gif
It has such a light and floating feel to it. One question about the bezel setting. Do you feel the stones ''poking'' you at all?
I can feel the culet of the dimaonds on my neck, but it''s not a ''poking'' feel. It does not bother me at all. And believe me, I am a ''comfort comes first'' person!

It does turn a little though, I found the clasp ring on the side of my neck at the end of the day. I suspected it would turn around (even though not as much as my other chains), that''s why I asked WF to make the diamonds evenly spaced so it still looks fine when turned. T&Co has a 11 x 0.15 ct on a 16 inch chain, with longer spacing around the clasp (meaning no diamonds on the back of your neck when the clasp is perfectly back centered), I was concerned about the turning. The sales lady was very honest with me and saying it would probably turn but if I adjust it from time to time, it should be fine. Or I can get the evenly spaced version, which is 15 x 0.18 ct for over 13K!
7.gif
Glad to hear that it doesn''t bother you. I''m amazed at Tiffany''s price. Their mark-up is tremendous.

I also love the layered look with your solitaire. Do you plan to wear it like that or this is just a pic for us, PSers
9.gif
?

sparkle-sparkle

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 10:23:16 PM

I also love the layered look with your solitaire. Do you plan to wear it like that or this is just a pic for us, PSers
9.gif
?
No, I don''t plan on wearing like that. Just for PS pictures
2.gif
!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my GOSH that is just too delishioso!!! It''s perfect perfect!! You lucky thing!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
How absolutely stunning! I think it is well priced too. I love the Tiff product and I think yours is every bit as nice. Great purchase - I know you''ll wear it very often - it''s a classic! Congrats.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hot diggity your necklace is G O R G E O U S
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
OoooOooOooOOOoooOOooohhhhh.....I don''t normally go for necklaces, but THAT is BEEEEYOOOOOOOOTiful!!
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am almost speechless. It is just PERFECT!!! I LOVE the even spacing all the way around. Your posts about the necklace turning and the material and the price are very helpful. Obviously you have taken a Tiffany idea and improved on it.

Thank you for posting about WF and their custom dept. Thank you for sharing your perfect new item with us. The ACA''s really sparkle! They look almost blue in one shot do the have Fluor?

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sparkle-sparkle

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Ladies.

DandiAndi, congrats on your new earrings! Yes, life is too short, we need a little perk every now and then to keep us going. Sorry about your family''s loss.

Beacon and StoneHunter, thanks for your approval of my choice over T&Co''s. If $$ is not an issue, I would go for the 13.5K of 15 x 0.18 ct at T&Co
31.gif
. But practically, that''s not the case. I am glad I could improvise with WF''s ACA melee and their thin bezel setting. I am happy with the size I chose. Hopefully, my project will inspire others who have "dbty" on their wishlist to come up with their own combination. A couple years ago, JadeLeaves had WF do a dbty 36 inches for her. Jewels recently "recycled" her dimaonds into the "dbty" style bracelet and earrings. I kept referring to their posts when I was working with WF on this project. Thanks to JadeLeaves and Jewels
35.gif
, you were my inspiration!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful necklace!!! Love the size, the spacing, the setting, all just perfect!! I agree that it would be a good summer necklace. The sparkle has to be fabulous!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your necklace!!! It looks absolutely perfect on you!!! What a great everyday necklace for all seasons!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
SD your neck shots are so gorgeous! The necklace really looks beautiful any way you look at it!
30.gif

I think it''s so darling you got the 5 pointer earrings from Tiff''s for the little one. I wish the WF ones were a stock item that wasn''t ''hand-made'' to cut down on the price - they are a huge percentage of the cost that isn''t offset with little stones. That''s why I ended up getting my sister a pair of 0.3 ctw ones at Scheiner Diamonds (where Wallermama got hers). For my 0.8 ctw the cost was offset, but they are too much $$ when shopping for smaller stones.

I love the necklace so much. I may have to ask for a quote in wg and see what that would cost!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I really like your necklace. I hope you enjoy it.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Sparkle! I don''t know that I''ve ever seen a necklace like that with, egads, REAL rocks! It looks absolutely gorgeous on your neck, and I love iy with you other pendant!

What a lucky girl you are...it is FABULOUS!!! Congratulations on your new bling!!!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Oooooooh, i
30.gif
dbty! I didn''t know WF did those! I am so envious of you right now!
27.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Its stunning!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I really love how the diamonds are evenly spaced the whole way around... definitely a great idea!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess with school starting, I totally missed this! But I have to stop in and say that this necklace is absolutely gorgeous!!!
30.gif
It is definitely on my wish list!!!!!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love LOVE that layered look! Congrats!!

...IIiiiiiiiiiiiiiii want one!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
That is perfection
30.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Such a gorgeous necklace! I''m excited that WF will start carrying it. They should make it in a bracelet too!

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Magnificent necklace ! I showed it to my husband and he found it so beautiful that by himself he added it immediately to my diamond projects list
9.gif

And you did very well to go for the evenly spaced design. It is really harmonious and you don't need to worry about the chain turning
36.gif
Thanks for sharing !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results