shape
carat
color
clarity

Were There Times in Your Life When You Felt Beautiful?

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
In retrospect, I was very beautiful in my 20's. I was thin, in great shape, and had beautiful features.
I've gained a lot of weight in the last few years and middle aged me is not so easy on the eyes.
But even when I was beautiful I was very self critical and never enjoyed it. I always wanted to be thinner, have different hair, bigger breasts, etc.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I’ve felt beautiful as a child because my mom constantly called me her “beautiful, blonde baby” and made me feel beautiful. I am 20 years + younger than my siblings. So I’ll always be her “baby”. Plus I was also blessed by some good genes falling into place.

Frankly, a mother’s love really boosts one’s confidence far more than merely having genes that might make you prettier than average. Without a mother’s love, someone who is knock dead gorgeous might not feel beautiful. But with a mother’s love, you don’t have to be a stunning, classic beauty to “feel” beautiful.

I’ve felt “beautiful” during my teens, 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s because of all the male attention and flattery I’d received since puberty. Lots and lots and lots of constant stories that I’m sure others here may have also had similar… Other stories that are rather unique.

I’ve felt beautiful when I was asked to model in my teens. I’ve felt beautiful when I modeled in my 20’s.

I’ve felt beautiful when I married an older man & his friends and our mutual acquaintances immediately started (and continued for years) to call me his “trophy wife”. I also kind of felt that this “good natured” unofficial title was a little dumb and extremely sexist. For the record, my husband technically has never been rich enough to have a “trophy wife”. :roll: He's just a regular guy. We got married solely out of love for each other. And we’re still married after all these years for exactly the same reason.

I’ve felt very beautiful the first 10 years of our marriage because my husband treated me like a rare princess to be treasured. I really was on a pedestal. He still pampers me. But in different ways. As the years pass, married people grow more used to each other. Things automatically seem to become a bit different for “old marrieds” than what they are when you are a newlywed. It has nothing to do with age or beauty. Meanwhile, my husband still tells others that I’m beautiful. I probably will be beautiful - in his eyes - when I’m 110. Although he tells me that I’m beautiful, he now doesn’t say things out loud to me as often as he did when we were first married. Most of the time, he just assumes I know his feelings.

Until the very beginning of 2020, I’ve felt beautiful in accepting that I’m no longer 17 years old. I still liked and felt good about what I saw in a mirror. I had matured well and probably may have actually been better looking in my 30’s than in my 20’s. I had developed the curves that I had always wanted when I was model, super thin. I also retained a reasonably youthful look at 40 and on. Plus I felt good about my entire life. Just feeling good about yourself and your life helps to make you “feel” beautiful, too.

However, I haven’t felt beautiful since COVID took over the world. I haven’t had my hair or nails professionally done in over 18 months. Not that these things really make you beautiful, but they do make you “feel” more beautiful. Although we’ve managed to remain healthy so far, the stress of the pandemic has been extremely hard on me emotionally. So, I no longer “feel” beautiful. Currently, I feel more tired and weary from the events of the past 18 months.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to seem like a cliche but it's how I feel.

When I see a genuine, warm smile I automatically think how beautiful that person is.

Beauty is more about who someone is, their personality and how they make you feel rather than appearance.

IMO.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Reflecting about "feeling" beautiful, I think that some physically stunning beautiful woman may not feel beautiful. A lot has to what else is going on with how they view themselves. On the other hand, a physically average (or even below) looking woman can feel very beautiful. Feeling beautiful is feeling good about oneself; plus with what is going on in one's life.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results