shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re having a baby GIRL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my exciting news with all of you...

My husband Devon and I just found out we are expecting a BABY GIRL!!! I had a feeling the whole time that it was a girl, but my hubby had a feeling it was a boy. (We both really wanted a girl...but of course we would have been just as happy with a little boy :)

We almost got sent home from the doc's because the baby would not uncross her legs, but after 25 minutes she finally gave in and showed us what her mama gave her...lol! WE ARE SO HAPPY!!!! (We both cried when we found out she was a girl....it was such a wonderful, happy moment...one that we will never forget.)

BTW, we are naming her Naiya...it means "water" in Native American. I have Sioux and Mesquakie blood in me, and my husband has some Seminole in him, so we thought it would be neat to give her a Native American name. I just love the name, and so does the fam (well, except my dad...but it's growing on him).

I'm 20 weeks and 2 days along....already halfway there! Naiya Love is due November 4th!!!

Here is my original link with pics of me, my hubby, and of course...the ring.
emwink.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-married.55886/

Here is a pic of me at 19 weeks:

belly small 1.JPG

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Another pic...

belly small 2.JPG

singer

Brilliant_Rock
And a pic of my darling hubby on Mother''s Day...

devon1.JPG

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your little girl Singer!! Thanks for sharing the pics too, you are just beautiful
2.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Bloom!

Okay, I guess I put this in the wrong forum. Pricescopers, how do I move this thread to another forum?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness congratulations!!! How wonderful... I have a little tear in my eye as I write. I remember when I was told ''It''s a girl''. I was very happy.
Children are wonderful, exasperating, tiring, joyful, wondrous creatures that we are blessed to call our own for a little while.

All the best,

a

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! Congrats Singer! You look beautiful.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Thanks for posting in wrong forum or I wouldn''t have found it. Gee pregnant and you''re wearing heels and a dress? Way to go! I always shlumped. But my DD has a great sense of style--and not from me.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! I just love little girls. So much fun to dress up!

Larie

Rough_Rock
WOW! You are the most beautiful pregnant person ever! You are truly glowing! Congratulations!

-Larie

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! My first baby was a boy and my husband was thrilled. I adore him but still ached for a girl.

I will never forget with my second pregnancy being so nervous about the ultra sound because I was so hoping a for a girl and already felt guilty for it. And my daughter also had her legs crossed the whole sonogram. We did not find out! Then I needed another sonogram around 25 weeks for a seperate issue and this time she had her legs wide open showing us her stuff!

She is 8 now, but believe me you will never ever forget the excitement of finding out! I now have 2 of each!

You will love having a daughter. I have to say, both sons and daughters are wondeful. But there is nothing like having a daughter.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Singer I have been wondering about you! I was worried something happened since you never updated us. Congrats on having a girl. I have a feeling I am having one too.

nala2000

Rough_Rock
Congratulations Singer....You look just beautiful and glowing. I am so happy for you, your hubby and your baby girl!!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look glowing and beautiful and with your good looks and hubby''s, she is going to be a gorgeous baby!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!! You are really glowing, pregnancy looks beautiful on you!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congratulations to you and your hubby!!
you look so great! and i LOVE your shoes! where did you find them?

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
26.gif
CONGRATULATIONS! I love your name choice - I''m all about keeping some family heritage in the names.

Best of luck in the next half of your pregnancy
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! How exciting is that?!?!?

With you and your hubby''s looks, that little girl will surely be gorgeous! If you don''t already have one, have hubby buy a shotgun.
2.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! Yeah, pregnancy is going great...I feel great...and I feel like I look better than I did before being pregnant. I think I actually LOVE being pregnant...lol!

JCROW--- I got my shoes at Wilson''s Leather...just three weeks ago, so they should still be selling them. They are very comfortable!

mommy3girls1boy

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Girls are great - so are boys but I have more experience with girls! It was always my dream to have a little girls to dress up and I got my prayer answered three times over.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats and Warm Wishes. Little girls are great!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Congrats
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
We have three daughters.... You will be in love
30.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to take a few minutes to tell you all the significance of the name we chose for our baby girl....Naiya....it means "water" in Native American for those of you who are just reading this for the first time.

WELL, HERE IS MY STORY:

When I was four years old I went to an apartment pool (in Waterloo, IA) with my mom to visit one of her friends (Liz) and her daughter (Anne). It was a hot, 95 Degree day in June and the pool was swarming with adults and children. Shortly after getting to the pool my mom ran into a girl she hadn't seen since grade school. Her name was Eenie and she was visiting from California. My mom wanted to visit with Eenie, so she asked her friend Liz to watch me for a while. Liz said she would, but asked me to wait on the side of the pool on the sundeck while she played with her daughter on the raft in the pool. She told me she would play with me in the water when she was done with Anne. Well, I guess she wasn't watching me very well...and I must have REALLY wanted to get on that raft...because...

I jumped in the water on my own, and nobody saw me. I remember struggling for air and crying out for my mom (She couldn't hear me, of couse, because I was under water.) I was thinking, "Where is my mommy? Doesn't she love me?" After a few seconds of suffering, I finally felt at peace. It was a very calming, relaxing, almost out-of-body experience that I can't really explain. I saw a bright light and felt as though I was floating on clouds...I was at peace and was no longer suffering. I believe this is the first memory I have of my life.

After some time, a little boy was swimming in the 12-foot end of the pool with his goggles on. He came back above water and yelled out, "There's a doll at the bottom of the pool!" Somebody told him to try and get it, so he did. He came back up and said, "I think it's a girl, and her hair is stuck in the drain!" Immediately, my mom's friend Eenie (the one from Cali) jumped in the pool and tried to pull me out. (She had already saved two children from drowning by permforming CPR.) She ripped my long, dark hair from the drain, pulled me out and started performing CPR on me. Luckily, the closest hospital was only 3 minutes away, so an ambulance came quite quiclkly.

While my mom watched Eenie perform CPR on me, SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS ME! She said there was another little girl with long dark hair wearing the same exact Smurf swimsuit as me, and she thought it was her. I was extremely blue and bloated...twice my normal size...and I was unrecognizable to my own mother. The only reason she finally realized it was me was because she saw my little yellow daisy earrings. She was not very religious, but immediately dropped down to her knees and started praying (and screaming) out loud to God. An old man walked by the fence and saw me and started throwing up. (I guess I looked pretty bad).

My dad was an insurance agent and was at a client's house writing a policy...but because there were no cell phones back then, it took the police almost six hours to find him. They had to call everyone on his client list just to find him!

Well, without writing too much more...
I was in a coma for almost a month. My mother was told I would be a vegetable if I ever woke up. She was also told that by the amount of water that was in my body, it was estimated that I was under water for about 15 MINUTES! They don't even know how I survived. My mom told me that when I finally awoke from my coma, the first thing I said was, "Mom, when are we going back to the pool? I want to go swimming!" I had no idea that any time had passed!

My parents gave the little boy who found me a cash award, and Eenie received a big award from the mayor of Iowa for saving my life. (I was the second she had saved...I guess God just always put her in the right place at the right time.
emsmile.gif
) My story was in newspapers and on the news all across the country. From time to time, I read the newspapers clippings that people sent my mother, and I still can't believe that was ME who almost died!

Well...this is why we are naming our little girl Naiya ("water")...I almost lost my life to water, but am happily alive and breathing...and now I am having a little girl of my own. Suiting name, don't you think?
emteeth.gif

I just feel so lucky to be alive!!! (I even got a tattoo on my lower back of a sun, water waves, a tiny air bubbles as a reminder of how lucky I am to be here today).

Thanks for reading my story, everyone!

singer

Brilliant_Rock
By the way everyone, her name is pronounced NIGH-YAH...with a long "i" sound.
emwink.gif

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a story. You seem like a beautiful genuine person. Congratulations on having a little girl. Girls are fun!

Life if to short not to appreciate it everyday. I learned that lesson just recently.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a miracle. It brought tears to my eyes! I am amazed you survived after so much time without oxygen. My brother had an accident when he was one. He choked on some toast and didn''t breathe for four minutes. He is disabled now and his brain will never function properly. God was surely looking after you that day
1.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your story of life...and most importantly your breathe of life. Your daughter is perfect for you and her name will be forever a reminder of how one saved life touches another.

I have followed your romance story you posted before. Learning of how you met your finance...then married him...and now you have been blessed beyond measure with a harvest of a seed sown. GOD''s plan is an awesome miracle. One new little life just waiting to arrive.

So happy for your and your news anchor hubby. You both make such a beautiful couple...and you are still stunning while pregant. Beautiful Naiya
emrose.gif
will be blessed with the best of both of you. Keep us updated!!

DKS

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words!

BTW, I read my story over the phone to my mother and she corrected me on a few important details:

1. Eenie (the lady who save me) was from Colorado, not California.
2. Eenie received two awards: one from the American Red Cross, and the other from President Ronald Reagan himself!!!
3. I was the third life she had saved (not the second).

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2007 3:15:45 PM
Author: Maisie
Thats a miracle. It brought tears to my eyes! I am amazed you survived after so much time without oxygen. My brother had an accident when he was one. He choked on some toast and didn''t breathe for four minutes. He is disabled now and his brain will never function properly. God was surely looking after you that day
1.gif
It brought tears to my eyes too...I just read my story over the phone to my mother and started sobbing (especially towards the beginning when I talked about my mom not hearing me when I cried out for her). I must be very hormonal due to my pregnancy...I have not cried like that ever when telling my story.

Maisie--I am so sorry to hear about your brother. Four minutes is a long time, and he too, is very lucky to be alive. God was surely looking over him! God bless you and your brother!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results