shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 5th May till 11th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, you are so lucky to meet Miss Ellen, give her a hug for me.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dragonfly, thanks! I am getting more and more interested in pilates, as I know it is safe, and I like what I hear about it toning the muscles but not bulking them, so I want to try it somehow. I will definitely look into it.

Skip, whatever works, I am easy and will go along with what you all want to do.
3.gif

Mon I hope you feel better. I have had some sinus trouble this week, might be because of the weather.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I started taking Flonase daily back in September (I used to take it only when I needed it which makes it totally ineffective, since it is designed to prevent allergies), and I have not had any problems except for when I am around cats. We went to visit my SIL back in November, and they have a cat, and DH and I were going to crazy b/c we were staying with them...I did take some Allegra-D which helped with the itchy dry eyes and sniffles. As for my facial allergy eczema the Dr. prescribed atopiclair, which is a non-steroid cream, but I have also found that vaseline works really well too. Also he said for the face eczema itching that the generic claritin is fine or benedryl, oh and an OTC lotion called Sarna (original or sensitive)--its in the section with the calomine lotion.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
geez oh pete, there''s a lot of posts!

I couldn''t do the whole yoga last night. It just put too much pressure on my wrist. I tried using fists for some of the poses which helped (and I see apple also suggested the fist method, thanks) but still pretty painful. I kind of gave it a break last night, but I don''t want to lessen my workouts because of it. My favorite poses are downdog, and sunbird and the like, so, I guess I''ll see how it goes. Thanks for all of the good wishes.

I have my fishing rod ready for some morning fishing tomorrow. Then, to come home and shower, and meet another friend to go dress shopping. So, no workout tomorrow besides -- cast and reel, walk, cast and reel, climb, drive, sort through dresses, return dresses, find more dresses, return dresses.

apple~ I agree with your "lifestyle" comment about the WWT. I''m not trying to get in a wedding dress, I''m trying to be comfortable at the waterpark with my toddler. And, teach him to eat well by seeing what I eat. I hope the cream works for you face, glad you don''t have severe reactions. LOL at the cheese comment!

Sarah~ glad to know you''re here!

Rod~ I so need to come to your house at dinner time! Thanks for the suggestion for the wrist guard.

Dee*Jay~ I''m not a beer drinker, but people around here like a nice Heiney.

Monnie~ Yay for good interviews, and yay for exercise TV. Oh, and THANK YOU for those dress links! I use a neti-like pot. Actually, I couldn''t find one around here, so I grabbed a pyrex measuring cup. It has the pour spout which works easily. Just make sure you use a comfortably warm water and a good pinch of salt. Tilt your head REALLY far to the side and start pouring. It''ll feel weird at first. Then switch sides and do it again. I use it when my allergies are really bad, but it clears me up for a while, so it should help with any congestion.

Turtledazzle~ (cute name and avatar. I''m a turtle freak. I dont'' have a pet turtle right now because of our little guy, but I still have little turtles all over the house) The wrist pain IS only on the right side, and is significant during plank pose. I hadn''t thought that it may be related to overusing elsewhere, but that sounds like a possibility. I refinish furniture all the time, and always right handed. I curl my hands up underneath my head while sleeping, too. Thanks so much for your info.

Marcy~ Your "reward" sounds lovely! Maybe get a smaller "now" gift, and increase the ct on the "reward"?? Either way, post pics!

Steph~ I hate those kinds of dreams! Have a good date night!

Ellen~ Boy, your opener sounds great. Thanks for the dinner idea!!
9.gif

bee~ Glad your exam is over. Did everyone watch while you were doing it??

Skippy~ You''re like a mentor! Good for you! I like all of your title suggestions, too. Your emoties!!

Dragonfly~ Great workout!

LP~ but, wasn''t that choco cake yummy?! Good luck with the moving!

Linda~ So glad your little grandson is better.

I really like WHLT, myself, but I have to say, I don''t need a turn either. We don''t even need to see what I would come up with....

Yowza, that''s a long post. Sorry. Feel free to just scan for your name and skip the rest. I must be in a "talkative" mood today
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL SS!!! That is fine if you don''t want to do an opener, no worries! I get days too where I post and type a lot more than others!

I did my cardio again tonight, been making some good food choices ( as much as someone as finicky as myself can) so the week is going well.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Skippy
Thanks for the advice! I try not to vary my diet too much. I plateaued right at 135, and increased my excercise. Then plateaued again here, but I think part of it was due to Moe''s multiple times in one weekend :) I''m bad I know, but it''s irrisistable.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad some of you got a good chuckle.
2.gif

Linda, you are such a sweetie, and too kind. I''m telling you, we have GOT to organize a mass meet!

Monnie, I have had you and hubby on my mind, I''ve just never said anything. I am keeping my fingers crossed for both of you that things fall into place!

somethingshiney, yer welcome!
9.gif
18.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening all! I''ve been studying all day as I have two exams tomorrow
14.gif
I took Amber for a short walk though as I had to get out of the house for a while!

Lorelei-healthier lifestyle thread would be cool. I really enjoy your openings though!

Skippy-awww sorry to hear that you''re not minding Trevor anymore
8.gif
You must be doing great in muscle hour! My trips coming up at the end of the month-can''t wait!! D''s parents have booked us a house that looks like something that would be on Cribs-it''s huge!! Well done for thinking up the new name!!

Thanks Ellen!

dragonfly-keep up the good work with all that exercise! I''m tired even reading about that much.

Hi Rod
35.gif

ladypirate-sorry to hear that you gained three! I''d say I''ll be in the same boat next week-my eatings been very sporadic the past few days.

Linda-I''d love to meet everyone here too! I feel like I know everyone so well even though I''ve never actually really spoken with anyone.

Appletini-well done on getting a healthy lunch!

Monarch-that''s brilliant news about your husbands interview! I hope that you feel better soon.

Something-sorry to hear that your wrist is no better. You did the right thing by not putting too much pressure on it last night at Yoga. There were two examiners watching us at each different section of the exam today. One asks the questions and the other stands there and listens-I suppose it''s so they mark us fairly.

Well talk to you all after my exams tomorrow
35.gif
Hope you all have a good evening!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
random reading...i saw something about discontinuing the thread so i had to go back and find the post!!

re: the two threads, they are TOTALLY different. if i was still posting a lot in this thread or was still trying to reach my goals or something, i would not post in or read that other thread....because there seems to be a totally different tone over there. i don't know that it would be good for people who are just maintaining or trying to be 'healthier' in general. plus it's in BWW which i never go into anyway since it's really for brides talking to other brides for the most part.

this is family, home and health, so a workout or lifestyle thread in general would go here. but i do agree with the others who said change this to be a more 'healthy lifestyle' thread because that is what it's about more so than not now. you have people like kim, rod, lorelei and myself (lurker though!!) who used this thread when they needed it and now are maintaining or still learning other, new ways to stay in shape etc...sometimes posting, sometimes not, etc...and you have people who are right in the thick of it...and those who are maybe thinking about joining but not quite sure, those that lend moral support etc. so a 'Support a Healthy Lifestyle' kind of thread makes a lot of sense to me.

so i say keep this thread, but maybe switch it up a bit...a new title or something, who knows. i know i'm more of a lurker now, but i'd be so sad if the wwt went totally away...it's been around so long!

OH and to stay on topic, i am still working out as typical and eating cupcakes. so all is well.
5.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 10:10:04 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/7/2008 8:52:38 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Taking turns would be fine with me, but how would we figure out who does so when? And I vote that Ellen not be allowed to start the thread (ducks).
stickouttongue.gif
Ah, Ellen, you know I adore ya!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just too many posts for personal responses to everyone. SO HI TO EVERYONE and sorry if I don't comment individually to all!

It was a decent day. Nothing on the job front, but we're certainly getting used to the idea that this is going to be a long search. Otherwise, it was pretty much a repeat of yesterday. You know....breakfast on the terrace, lunch at home, coffee under the oak, followed by a long workout at the gym. I wasn't in the mood to go workout and even had a bit of a headache, but decided I would have just vegged on the sofa and working out makes me feel better. So, I dragged my butt there and I'm glad I did. Once I got going, I did quite well and my headache was completely gone by the time I left. As I mentioned last night, I'm going to trim my cardio to 30 intense minutes, as opposed to 35. I realize I'm only shaving 5 minutes, but geesh, I think 30 minutes on the elliptical after nearly 2 hours of working out is long enough! Tomorrow will be day three in a row at the gym. Friday's are never gym days. But Charlie decided we should definitely go for a 12 mile skate Friday, so we're going to do that which is always fun for us.

I still give Ellen the "Funniest Post Of The Day Award!!" Skippy, you and Ellen are certainly lucky that you two get to meet soon.

Monnie, I'm so happy to hear that hubby's interview went so well that they're flying him out for another one. Sounds like you'll both be working citizens again soon. Please send whatever dust is working for you guys to us, OK??!!

I'm glad your exam went well bee*! See....I told you it would!

Hey Mara, you lurker!! I'm telling you, you need to open Cupcakes by Mara and franchise them!

I took your advice and scanned for my name SS, which is when I saw you had your Rod all ready..........to go fishing!! True story, but I was actually named Rod because my father's favorite past time was fishing and he always had a "Rod" in his hands, so when they couldn't think of a name for me, one of my cousins suggested they call me Rod and that was that!

Hey Linda!

Again, sorry if I missed you. I hope you had a good day and your sleep is filled with happy dreams.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Rod~ I wish I could do all those cute emoties. Just imagine one here, laughing with tears and pounding fist. ROFLMAO!!

So, are you coming or what??
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 10:51:35 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Rod~ I wish I could do all those cute emoties. Just imagine one here, laughing with tears and pounding fist. ROFLMAO!!

9.gif
rotflmao2.gif
crackup.gif
LOL too! Love it Rod! hehe That made me laugh SS. Have a blast fishing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you are having a great day! I am going crazy trying to decide on my earrings. I can’t get my dangle leverbacks made at the store where I can turn in my old wrings towards new diamonds so I’d have to buy the diamonds there and take them somewhere else to get made. Since I’d be getting about $1000 credit I could get bigger diamonds than I can buy online from a PS vendor. However, I can’t get AGS0 because they only sell those starting at ½ ct and I can’t afford to buy 2 ½ ct AGS0 stones in a jewelry store. So do I get smaller ideal cut diamonds online or larger pretty nice diamonds in a store? Mmm, such decisions. Of course you rarely see earrings on me but I enjoy looking at them. Aak! I hate being so indecisive.
Bee, sorry to hear you are so stressed about your exams but I was delighted to hear the exam went fine. LOL at putting a tracking device on Amber if you let Skippy take her for a walk. I am sure you can trust her.
Steph, I am so sorry to hear about your dream. How scary! I hope Adam has a great birthday. Your cupcakes sound yummy, eat one for me. Have fun on your dinner date tonight. I use some of my teaching checks for jewelry and I am not patient enough (or smart) enough to save it for something BIG.
Lorelei, I think we should continue on our merry way. I really like your openings and think they are great so if you don’t mind doing it, I like you starting out us each week. That being said, I’m here to stay and I’ll do whatever it takes. I will be glad to take a turn at an opening if that is what everyone else wants to do as well. I think it would be fun to see what everyone comes up with so whatever everyone else thinks is fine with me.
Ellen, LOL at your inspirational opening. If I listened to you I’d have to take my earrings back (if I ever get them).
Kimi, I am glad you have something to remind yourself of your wonderful accomplishment. I have to admit I just look for a reason to buy new jewelry.
Skippy, I didn’t even find the thread for months since I didn’t know what WWT stood for. I like Weekly Healthier Lifestyle Thread. Yay for being a good example in your workout class. I do have some sapphire studs but might upgrade them. I am definitely having them remounted in push on – pull off posts. The screw backs on them and my fingers do NOT get along. Ooh, that’s an idea to get sapphires in levebacks instead of diamonds – it would be cheaper and I could spend more money elsewhere. You and Ellen will have a blast meeting each other.
Dragonfly, that’s great that silly pound only visited for the weekend. Yay for getting in some great workouts.
Rod, glad to hear you had a great day. Glad to hear your headache was better.
Ladypirate, rats for that yummy chocolate cake not being diet friendly. It sure is good though. I am sure all the packing will rid you of those pesky pounds in no time.
Linda, I told my new employee today she has to warn me when she is going to say something funny because I know some day I am going to spit out my water when she comes up with some funny story! I wish I could decide what to buy. I would LOVE to meet everyone.
Appletini, your lunch with your friend sounds fun.
Monnie, tell your husband good luck with his interview. That would be nice working close to home. I hope you feel better soon.
Somethingshiny, sorry to hear your wrist isn’t better. Have fun fishing tomorrow. Right now I am leaning towards trading in my wrings and getting about ½ ct stones for my earrings.
Mara, yay for working out and eating cupcakes. That is living.
Well, I’m off to contemplate what to do tomorrow. I think I’ll compare sizes of diamonds tomorrow – rounds and pears then decide if I want to go smaller for cut or size. If it was a ring – I would always vote for cut – for earrings – I don’t think I’m that picky. I also like Skippy''s idea of getting sapphires for dangles. Mmm.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

9.gif
Oh no, sorry. My father may have loved having a "Rod" in his hands, but the gene didn''t transfer to me. I was a major disappointment to him in that regard and absolutely, utterly, hated fishing. But thanks for the invite!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Marcy! Get what will bring you the most pleasure. If it were me, I''d go for the larger, nice stones for earrings. AGS0 just doesn''t seem too important to me for earlobe bling. Who would get close enough to know? But the larger stones that aren''t AGS0 should be well cut and make you really happy when you see them in a mirror! If it''s a mind thing, then by all means go AGS0. Good luck with your decision!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 11:14:36 PM
Author: Rod

9.gif

Oh no, sorry. My father may have loved having a 'Rod' in his hands, but the gene didn't transfer to me. I was a major disappointment to him in that regard and absolutely, utterly, hated fishing. But thanks for the invite!!

So I guess that also means you're not helping me hunt for night crawlers in the next few minutes, huh? I even watered my flower beds today in preparation for the almighty hunt.

Skippy~ thanks for bringing in the emoties!!! Give yourself a big hug and kiss emotie!

Marcy~ Would you get more wear out of sapphires? And, how big are your wring stones? Big enough to do anything with?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hunting for night crawlers????? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
9.gif

Rod: Rick and I don''t fish either, but our two little grandboys like too. Their dad takes them. I don''t like to see fishies struggling for their life. That is just me though. I don''t like hunting either.

Marcy: You get whatever makes you happy, you totally deserve it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, I will also pass on helping you hunt for night crawlers. I am not a “bug” person. My old wrings have 5 PC diamonds at .6 cts each. I shop at that store all the time so I can always save the ring to use on another jewelry or gemstone purchase. I have a couple of different diamond earrings and only one pair of sapphire earrings which I would trade in for bigger stones. It’s a possibility. I wouldn’t mind as much having someone else make those in to leverbacks. I’d hate to take diamonds from one jeweler to another just to get earrings made.
Linda, I am with you on hunting for night crawlers. I’d have to take Clorox wipes and wear rubber gloves and I’d still be freaking out! I don’t think I’ll have any problems finding something I want tomorrow.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny....I will help you hunt for nightcrawlers! LOL. My dad used to make us go down to the big garden next to the largest barn where he would dig up shovelfuls of dirt and have my bro and I pick through them and pull out worms. Those weren''t as big as the ones you''d find on the driveway after an evening rain, though...hee hee. For the record, I would always refuse to bait my own hook, I made my dad do it for me because I couldn''t stand to hurt the worms. Give me an artificial pink glitter jig any day!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I don't like to see fishies struggling for their lives either. I prefer to see them fried and on a plate.

Monnie~ I got a couple of those giant suckers. Now I have to wait a bit for them to be calm and come out again.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I LOVE filet of sole. Yummmmmmmmmmy. With tarter sauce please.

Linda

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 11:10:39 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 5/7/2008 11:01:24 AM

Author: Skippy123

Ellen, no talkies about comfort food unless it is in moderation
25.gif
2.gif
hehe
Honestly. You people need to live a littlle.
20.gif
9.gif
25.gif

I just want to say that I''m glad the thread is staying! Now I can continue bugging you people.
runaround1.gif

And I too like the Weekly Healthier Lifestyles Thread.
36.gif

p.s. Good job Bee!

Ditto! I love the new title!
36.gif
36.gif
I will get back to everyone tomorrow. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Miss Mara, I was hoping you would pop in and give your thoughts, so that looks like everyone is happy then -

welcome Weekly Healthier Lifestyles Thread!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Also as a few of us here have successfully quit smoking such as Kimmy, Rod, Monnie and myself, the new thread might be a good place for those wanting to quit to find support. Now we can be a lot more diverse with topics and I think this will be an excellent change, so the new thread over in BWW has helped us to get a facelift!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, that story is too funny! I grew up with a fishing pole in my hand. I love it! And I could handle night crawlers, but do NOT ask me to put a cricket on a hook. I will not go into details, but that is where I draw the line.
40.gif

Marcy, good heavens, we can''t have you taking your earrings back. Blasphemous!
notsayinaword.gif
<----- me
9.gif

Kim, no worries! It was just a perfect opportunity to use one of my favorite icons.
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI everyone. I am so excited – it’s my big shopping day.
36.gif
I have visions of diamonds and sapphires dancing in my head all night.
Monnie, I am so with you on not sticking your worm on the hook. I was very squeamish about that – my dad always had to do that for me.
Somethingshiny, I don’t like to eat fish so I’d rather just leave them in the lake or stream. I don''t like dirt or bugs so why I love going out to gaze at the stars is a mystery to me.
Linda, my husband loves filet of sole too.
Hi Sarah! Good luck on any tests you have today.
Lorelie, yay for Weekly Healthier Lifestyle Thread! I quit smoking after college – it was either that or diet so I could breathe. We all know the dieting decision came much later in life.
Ellen, your emoticons so crack me up. You must provide me the links to find them. No worries on me having to give back my earrings.
Rod that is honestly what I am thinking is to get the bigger stones. My diamond studs at .32 ct each and I think the dangles would look better larger than that so trading in my old wedding rings will get me much larger diamonds for the money. I have no complaints about this store’s quality of stones. They are coded on the packet for cut and since my nephew worked there I know what to look for and for earrings I don’t need AGS0.
I’ll let you know what treasures I find today.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, have a great time shopping!

Ellen, I wasn''t worried.
2.gif

SS, hope you had fun bug hunting.

Monnie, wishing you and hubby lots of interview luck.

Yesterday was a bit crazy, I think today and tomorrow will be more of the same. J made dinner reservations for Escondido restaurant week, which I was really looking forward to until I stepped on the scale this morning and saw I haven''t lost the weight I gained last weekend. It''s taking longer than usual.

Anyways, have a great day all.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...quick fly by. I am getting ready to head out to the beach for the day with Andrew, my aunt and cousin, so it should be lots of fun. Hopefully I will get some exercise walking on the sand. Our dinner was great last night....I had the filet and Adam had lobster tail, and we shared some with each other. Then we had creme brulee for dessert. It was yummy but I still feel full this morning. Anyway, I will check in later. Everyone have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kimi. I hope your day isn''t as crazy as yesterday.

Steph, have fun today!

BTW - I am so excited to go shopping I forgot to mention I lost another pound. I have now lost 155 pounds. Life is GOOD.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW MARCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results