shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 16th April till 22nd April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ good luck tomorrow! Kimberly have a wonderful splurgey trip!

Skippy...I have not tried the Kashi blueberry waffles. I am typically all about lowest cals for most nutrition, and previously the Special K WholeGrain LowFat waffles were the ones I ate..140 cals for 2 and 4g fiber and protein. These Optimum ones with flax, soy and blueberries are 160 cals and 5g fiber and protein. I was like okay I'll try them, esp since they have blueberries and the Special K ones with berries are like 170. and I really like them, but I also really like dark bread, wheat I can taste etc. So they don't taste 'mainstream' like regular buttermilk waffles at all. Let me know what you think!!

So went for my walk to my Mom's house this evening and picked up P then walked back to the office which was a total of about 3.5ish miles...then we drove to Whole Foods...I picked up some pre-cut pineapple (on sale so I got two containers) and a container of canteloupe which I love. I also got some more d'anjou pears which is my latest addiction, they are so sweet, and pears are only like 65 cals so lots of bang for the calorie buck, oh and 6g of fiber. Whee.

For dinner tonite we had broiled tortilla crusted tilapia (I love these..my local store has them and they have this one and then coconut crusted ones and each filet is 5 oz (I weighed them) and they are like 230 cals each...and pretty filling!), the leftover mushroom fusilli pasta (so yummy the next day) and we each had a big salad with cut strawberries, lf bleu cheese, and ff raspberry balsamic. YUM. this salad is honestly one of my favorites, anyone who is a strawberry lover would really like it. For dessert we are sharing a little white chocolate creamy filled bunny that my Mom gave us from Joseph Schmidt candies, soo yummy!!

Hope everyone had a fabulous day!! and yep DJ I still love the new job...so far so good, everyone is still being really fabulous and I actually like sitting in the meetings, haha.
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Bday Icekid!! BTW, I don''t know HOW I missed it, but your ring is drop dead gorgeous.
30.gif

K, welcome!!

DeeJay, good luck, and just call them about the bra! Also, congrats on baggy butt.
36.gif

Kim, have a wonderful time!

Gail, be careful napping in the car girl!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning all!

Sorry if I confused anyone with the timing--my stress test is on Thursday. I was just worrying *in advance* about the bra thing. Now if they could just do something about the shin splints I get on the treadmill, LOL.

Skippy, thanks for the info on the stress test. Doctors don't do a very good job of describing tests or procedures to you ahead of time so you never really know what to expect.

AmberGretchen, 29 lbs is FANTASTIC!!! You should be SO proud of yourself!!! As for your wisdom teeth, I just had one out a few months ago and in my experience the worrying was worse than the reality. I hope you have an easy procedure and a speedy recovery. As for willpower--girlfriend, you're entitled to a milkshake or two after having oral surgery!

Gail, INRAW is my absolute favorite OPI color. I love to have my toes done in it!

Kimberly and Ellen, baggy butt drove me to wear the long black skirt again today. Fortunately I spend most of my time at my desk so my coworkers probably haven't caught on to the fact that I have about three things I can wear right now. My washer is working overtime though because I do laundry constantly so I have clean clothes to come to work in!

Hey Jeff!

Mara, LOL about the meetings! I'm trying to remember the last time I actually enjoyed sitting through one...

Rod, sounds like you and Charlie are having a grand ol' time being home!

Lorelei, just wanted to say that I'm still thinking of you. Hope you're doing OK.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Thanks for the fun trip wishes! We''re off to the airport at 9:30.

AG, 29 lbs!!! That is absolutely fabulous! Be so proud of yourself. Sending wisdom teeth well wishes to you today. I had mine out and drove from Southern CA to AZ two days later, it was really no big deal.

DeeJay, I''m sure you look stunning no matter what you wear!

I did my weigh in early this week as well. Pretty much the same as last week. I''m actually quite suprised as (WARNING TMI!!!!) I have been constipated for about 5 days. Not so fun. I''m taking my fiber chewables, eating my fiber, I even drank a cup of coffee (not something I especially enjoy). UGH!!!

Week 15 Week 16
Height: 5''5" Height: 5''5"
Weight: 125.2 Weight: 125.4
Bust: 32" Bust: 32"
Waist: 26.5" Waist: 26.5"
Lower Waist: 32" Lower Waist: 32"
Bicep: 11.5" Bicep: 11.5"
Hips: 36” Hips: 36”
Thigh: 20" Thigh: 20"

I''ll be lurking around this week!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kimberly you and i have really similar measurements now! anyway have a fun time and yes its no fun not being able to go...if you had fiber one you would not be having that problem, trust me lol! i find those supplements didn''t really do much for me but that cereal, wow. haha.

ag congrats on 29 lbs...that is fantastic woman. keep up the fab work and it''s so awesome that you have not let this hip thing derail your progress. kudos!

skippy, funny on the whole caving thing on the pizza. i was tempted a few times, surely. i just kept thinking about the pizza i had last week at the offsite, i think i sampled each one. and really i don''t have pizza that often so why have it again if i really didn''t want it? though sometimes it is hard for me mentally to be like ''well everyone else is having it''...like ''why can''t i''...instead of thinking ''well why SHOULD i?''...my boss actually mentioned that i wasn''t eating the pizza but i was just said i don''t eat pizza that often and i had some last week. i could have had pizza, it would have been within my cal budget for lunch to have 2 pieces but part of it was that i wanted to show myself, hey i am still in control *sometimes at least*....i think i need that at times to feel like my body doesn''t rule me with it''s strange cravings lol. plus i don''t want to get sucked into eating whatever i want whenever as i think that''s a slippery slope i don''t want to travel down. i need more structure i think.

i had a lighter day yesterday coming in at about 1475.today should be about 1500ish. i am going to try to keep my weekday averages lower again...as doing the whole ''well lets try to eat consistently 1700 all week long'' didn''t really work as i found last week. i find that when i give myself too much leeway, it just is too hard to stop (as i have mentioned before), so i am going to stick with ''tried and true'' kind of things that i know work for me and keep me full and happy feeling and are good for me too. because really i thought, i shouldn''t be thinking about ''what kind of desserts i can have now that i am maintaining'' but rather ''what foods taste good that are good for me too that i can eat INSTEAD of chocolate''. because i feel so much better when i am doing that. that whole dessert gorge last week REALLY kind of mentally did me in. i just keep reminding myself how gross i felt after and how i ate like every dessert under the sun then, so it somehow seems a little less appealing now. (a little). and also i find reminding myself that there is another day tomorrow keeps me from over-doing it sometimes. like last nite we had the chocolate bunny and then this russian chocolate from a friend''s wedding and i was like mmm we have a solid chocolate bunny, that''d be so yummy. then i was like well i should save the solid bunny for us tomorrow and wednesday. which made sense. i have posted about this before but i have read that a lot of times our brain confuses us with ''emotions'' vs ''thinking''...about food. it''s like your emotional brain says ''mmm this would be good''. but your thinking side goes ''ummm not so much maybe''. so i am trying to also be more aware of thinking vs emotions and say ''do i really need this and for what? nutritional value or fun''.

i''m also trying to eat more fruits since there are so many great ones in season right now. i also have backed off my whole tracking spreadsheet a little..i used to check it all day long somewhat obsessively! now i just mentally keep a tally, and am not allowing myself to have a copy at work, so that i don''t think about it AS MUCH. and it also i think helps me HAVE to make better choices without having to look at something extraneous. it''s mostly in my head. then i fill it out at night and plan the next day. anyway this maintenance thing still takes some figuring out i guess but i realized today that i have actually been really maintaining since basically jan 2007! how time flies. i was 134 in jan and now i am 131 and have been 131ish for like a month plus now, but really even with all my paranoid worrying about gaining weight or over-splurge days, i haven''t gained. so i just keep reminding myself of that..maybe one day i won''t have to and it will become natural.
5.gif
babbling now..anyway you guys get the jist!!

breakfast this morning was the last of my Optimum waffles, i should have gotten more at WF yesterday! and sliced strawberries and coffee. yummy. snack is a light n''fit and lunch is a turkey wrap, i took all the makins in a container this morning so i''m excited about that. i may take a walk over to target at lunch and see if they have the coco via stuff (the other target near my house carries it but they were out and i am so curious about these, hungry girl recommends them) and also see if they have 100 cal balance bars in stock as i am sooo out. then i have pineapple and a fage for afternoon snacks. my workout today is supposed to be the gym...if i do the walk i may do a lighter gym workout then do more weights as part of my whole continuing to experiment thing. honestly my legs are SORE from all this walking i have been doing, so i might take tomorrow evening off from doing anything and just relax. but today i''ll definitely get my cals in somehow hehe.

hope everyone is having a great day or about to have one, i''m off to get ready and hit the salt mines!! kudos all for continuing on so wonderfully and being so motivated and helping out others with your positive attitudes!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mara, our measurements are really close, if I could just get my arms to match yours!!! I''m not sure what size I''m in. The last jeans I bought are size 6 and they''re loose on me now, but I''m not sure if they''re loose enough to drop to a 4. I''m going to be doing some shopping tomorrow, maybe I''ll try on a pair of jeans just to see. I eat a good amount of fiber along with taking my chewables...grr! I figured out how to make 230 calorie quesadillas and I and think I may have overdone it a bit on those last week for lunch (too much cheese!). My metabolism is slow so I think my body is just reflecting my quesadilla overdose.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your kind words, I am hanging in there. I will go and try a workout shortly, I haven''t been sleeping so I am feeling a bit tired but hopefully some exercise might help. The nights are a bad time for me, especially as I am on my own at the moment. But I will keep plugging away. Keep up the great work everyone, also best of luck Kim and thanks so much to everyone who is taking the trouble to keep me in their thoughts, it does help.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
lorelei, so sorry to hear that you're not sleeping. i have been thinking of you often and wish there was more i could do to help you feel better. a workout will definitely help you release some tension and hopefully also tire you out so that you have a better chance of sleeping. though i wouldn't advocate it on a regular basis, you may want to consider taking a sleeping pill one night, just so your body can get some rest for a change.

my knee was bothering me yesterday, so i took the day off from the gym and just went for a walk instead. today i'll be back to the elliptical. i am going to a make-your-own stirfry type of place for dinner tonight, and i think it should be prett easy to eat healthy there. i plan to load up my plate with lots of veggies and lean protein and go easy on the sauce and rice.

ag, good luck with the wisdom teeth. i had a horrible experience with mine that i won't share with you, but everyone else i know has had no problems with it and was back to eating normally after a day or two.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

AG 29 lbs is AWESOME. You go girl, seriously kicking some butt. Good luck with the wisdom teeth this afternoon. It''s not so bad - I just kept myself drugged on schedule for a day or two and I found the chipmunk face thing just looks worse than it actually feels. But it gets you great sympathy so milk it.
2.gif

DJ good luck with the stress test. When my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, a month or so later, my dad started having chest pains and thought he was having a heart attack. It ended up (after EKGs and stress tests and all that) that he was having panic attacks from the stress so he had to find ways to calm down.

I went a little crazy at Trader Joe''s this weekend and got a bunch of stuff including these awesome little veggie pita pizzas. They are 180 cals each and YUMMY!!! I just take ''em out of the fridge and heat ''em up in a nonstick skillet so they warm through and the bottom gets crispy. I had 2 for lunch on Sunday and still have 4 left in the pack. I also bought some ''Puffin'' cereal which is quite good and for 2 servings + a cup of skim milk is only 260 cals for breakfast. It was delish. Not too sweet. The other great thing I found was LIGHT chevre. I adore goat cheese so seeing this little sucker put me over the moon! It''s delicious! I used one tube scattered over a pizza - wouldn''t do that again because it does become somewhat dry due to lack of fat, but otherwise without cooking it, it is delish and creamy just like regular chevre!
18.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol FG on the TJ visit. your puffin cereal sounds like crunchy corn bran (kellogs?) which i LOVE..and the CCB has 90 cals for 3/4c and 5g of fiber. i am practically addicted to it and have to ration it or i will eat the whole box. i mix in some cinnamon and it tastes like cinnamon toast crunch but way healthier! i need to get over to TJ's at some point too..i need more steel cut oatmeal and TJ balsamic dressing.

oh and speaking on the lowfat cheese, i found LF bleu cheese at my local raleys and LOVE IT. that is all we are using now for salads. it honestly tastes like the real thing to me really because we only use it in salads so it has that same stinky creamy texture that we love about bc but it's less fatty and lower cals. perfecto. i am still liking the ff feta too in my turkey wraps big time. it adds just the right element of creamy and salty to the wrap and low cal.

i just walked over to target and picked up some goodies. i like floating around stores like that haha. i found WW small cakes, they are 80 cals for one and i got the 'lemon bar' variety. they have chocolate too but i was feeling the lemon icing on white cake kinda thing. and then i found a sugar free dove bag of raspberry cream truffles that are 5 for 170 cals and the whole bag is only like 13 pieces. i like small portioned bags like that because 'just in case' i go nuts one day it's not like i end up eating 40 candies. i really wanted to get more 100 cal balance bars but they didn't have them either, ugh! i have only been to like 2-3 stores that carry them and if i don't get to THOSE stores then i always run out. i should just buy a big box next time.

so came back and made my turkey wrap in the kitchen here at work...it was super yummy! my tortilla factory high fiber wrap, 6 deli slices of turkey, a few slivers of avocado, a sprinkle of ff feta, a bunch of alfalfa sprouts, some squeezes of dijon mustard and whala. yummy lunchy goodness and for 150 cals and like a ton of protein and fiber and some healthy fats. i really love eating these. it is like the 'uber super food' kinda thing for me and it keeps me full for a few hours typically.

snacks are 0% fage with low sugar strawberry jam and splenda, a sliced cold pear, and probably a WW lemon bar since i am dying to try them.

for dinner i am hemming and hawing, greg is out tonite so i could be super simple and just go soup and grilled cheese at home or something..or i could be splurgy and FINALLY try the amicis personal pizzas that i have been talking about...but not sure if i am feeling pizza (Though i certainly was earlier walking through Target sniffing the Pizza Hut Express goodies..yikes) or I could get a salad from our local place with all the fruits and nuts in it...i dunno we will see.

i am also on the fence about my workout. the walk to and around and back from target was 1.5m and i had planned to go to the gym to do like 400 cals but now i am like well maybe i should just walk to downtown and forgo the workout and log another 2.5m and then maybe an afternoon walk today for another 1m and call it a day. i'm trying to kind of 'shake things up' with my workout scheduleand see how doing different things or less time intensive things (aka gym) work, so i dunno, have to figure it out. but one way or another i'll burn my 450 total cals today, hehee.

on a random side note, for anyone interested in walking, i think that all this additional walking has leaned out my legs even more. they are definitely the smallest they have been (thighs included) for YEARS!! so i highly recommend adding it in even just like 20 minutes a day maybe on a work break or something, esp if the weather is nice. it can add up!

hope everyone is having a great day! SB sorry to hear about your knee, lorelei sorry to hear you are not sleeping woman, try to get some sleep as it's so mentally healing!! ag good luck with the wisdom teeth, i also had a bad experience and took weeks to heal but i am a total wuss..my sister just had them out and was fine within like 3 days so i am a horrible example haha. hope everyone else is doing well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

Best wishes for Thursday DJ; glad those links kind of helped. Hi, Gail, Ellen, Round Brilliant, Shortblonde, FG, and great job AmberG on the weightloss! Kimberly have a great time! FG, I want a pretty food scale like yours. Is it easy to store? Mine I take the top off and put it in a drawer. If you can store it easy then I will go to BBB.

Mara, I liked the waffle. I love the WW lemon cakes.

I ate fage 0% w/ fresh strawberry's and a waffle for breafast. For lunch I ate a boca basil tomato burger in TJ's Garlic Naan, yummy! For dinner this is the last night for leftover chicken breast and the naan (I am on a naan kick, I go on these kicks for a while). I will eat something I really like over and over a few weeks and then move onto another kick. Also, we will eat a salad with the TJ's ceasar dressing (light and yummy). Some sort of snack in there too.

I probably will go for a short walk today probably 2 miles for a little break since I will do high intensity step Wed and Thurs.
Happy Tuesday all!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay WW lemon cakes are YUMMY!!!! my biggest problem will be not eating 2 at a time. thank goodness there are only 6 in a box. they taste like basically a white cupcake with sugary lemon frosting. mmm and 2g fiber. bonus!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh shoot, I am SO trying those WW lemon cakes. The only thing I love more than chocolate is lemon!!! mmmmm.

Skippy, the kitchen scale is actually quite small. The base is oval shaped and the glass top is round. It's so small (and pretty) I leave it out on the counter. I am totally in love with it. I bet it would fit in a drawer though. It is one piece - the glass top doesn't come off. (If you go to BBB definitely use the 20% off coupon - makes it only $32...only 2 dollars more than the less expensive model.)

Mara the CCB sounds just like the puffin cereal. Also 90 cals for 3/4 cup. So yummy!!! I shoulda bought another box! It was the only thing that swayed me from the egg mcmuffins I was making.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, the carrot WW cakes are yummy too!

Firegoddess; thank you. It looks so pretty and sleek. I think I will buy one if I lose weight as a treat!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
hiall---everyone seems to be doing so well....29 pounds!!!!! congrats ag! i''ve been doing the pilates dvds since the weathers been crappy. they really work since my abs and butt are sore
9.gif
. i''m not doing measurements tomorrow due to ttotm, but the scale reads 119.0 and thats with bloating.
14.gif
anyways i made a great beef stew tonight so i''m going to have that over egg noodles, not the healthiest choice, but i''m going to enjoy it immensely. happy workouts to all.--oh deejay i''d wear a sports bra....my cousin had a stress test and was glad she did.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

Well so far this week, I've taught 1 yoga class and taken another. Tomorrow is cardio day. I took a month off from working out because my whole house was sick with the worst respiratory infection ever for 3 full weeks (my teeth hurt from it) and my OB told me "no working out when you are that sick, the baby needs you to rest". Dangit!

Then I had that stupid amnio & I was scared to move for another week. but its been 8 days since then, & I decided last saturday to go for a 2.5 mile walk.

So my goal this week is 3 yoga classes (2 down), 2 cardio classes, and 1 walk. I'm going to take spinning in the morning tomorrow & I'm teaching salsa cardio on thursday night. Friday I'll rest...Sat = Walk, Sunday I have to teach yoga.

As soon as I feel back up to it (next week?) I'll add some resistance training in place of one of the yoga classes. I'm so weak right now from being preggers and taking off time I have to take it slow.

So I found a "weight gain chart" and it said in my 2nd trimester I should be gaining a half to 3/4 lbs per week. Ummm, I gained a whole one last week.

I just want to gain within the 25 to 35 range (closer to 25 if I can since I was 10lbs overweight going into this) but its so hard to control your SHEER HUNGER when you are pg. You also can't control what tastes good...sometimes healthy food makes you puke and bad for you food settles your tummy (or vice versa).

With my son all I wanted was steak, potatochips, and fast food. This time I can actually stomach salad, fruit, vegetables, and meat/grease makes me sick. YAY!

So that's goal #2 for this week as well....reach for a healthy snack instead of a fatty one when I'm hungry. I stocked up on great fruits, salad fixings, yogurts, high fiber cereals, small whole wheat (8g fiber) tortillas, black beans, avacados, etc...since I like that stuff. If I can just snack healthy when I'm hungry (which is like, every 2 hours) then that will be a big help. As will walking/yoga/spinning....

And water....I'm reaching for water a lot more now. That's gotta be good for "us".

thanks everyone!

Diver

edited to add: small victory! last night I dished up my son a bowl of ice cream & I opted for a grapefruit sprinkled with splenda for myself instead.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver,

I wouldn''t worry too much about the baby weight gain. especially if your body was underweight to begin with, your body will make up the difference so you may end up needing to gain more than the 25-35 they say you should. I gained almost 40 lbs with each of my kids but bounced back to my prebaby weight in just a few weeks. I hope you are the baby are feeling well.

So, hubby and I met at the gym again today and did our cardio together, then he lifted weights while I stayed on the elliptical. tomorrow i hope to go longer and then will try to take a spinning class on thursday before my weekend in LA...

sounds like everyone is eating well, I wish we had a WF''s or TJ''s near me.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs S - do I remember correctly that there is a Wegman's near you? That supermarket won the food network award OVER WF and TJ's!!!

ETA: I just checked online and it must've been someone else - I didn't see any in your state!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! They are much appreciated and I had a nice day
1.gif
I will get some pics up of my pearls.. I am so in love with them
30.gif

so just a quick check in today- did well w/ eating and cals today. and a nice hour long workout too, when I really didn''t feel like it when I got home from work, so I felt proud of that effort today. but now I''m exhausted and working with the stressful doctor tomorrow, so I need to get some rest. But I plan on posting my stats tomorrow; it will totally keep me accountable.

FG- I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
WEGMANS! It is truly the best grocery store in history. It''s originally from Western NY/ Rochester/ Buffalo area, which is my hometown. And I hate snow/cold, but seriously, Wegmans is one of the major things that makes us consider moving home to Buffalo where they are everywhere! We got one in the Philly area recently, but it''s over in NJ so we don''t make the trip as often as I''d like, but I highly encourage anyone with a Wegmans nearby to check it out.

AG- congrats on the 29 lbs! That''s some serious work in a pretty short time! woohoo

Lorelei- hope your days are getting easier one by one... and I definitely think a sleeping aid would be in order. You need your rest gf!

And strong work everyone else! You guys are so motivating
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, hubby and I walked almost 2 miles.

I ate about 1400 calories and 27 WW points since I do points.

Everyone great job and see you tomorrow!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Icekid!!

Way to go on the weight loss AG!!

You go Mrssalvo on the workouts. Since joining this thread, seems you''re doing really well on staying motivated!!

Good going on the 2 mile walk Skippy!!

I wish we had a Wegman''s in Tampa. When we visit Charlie''s family in Buffalo that''s the greatest grocery store. We have some decent stores, but nothing quite like a Wegmans. We don''t have Whole Foods either, but we do have a Natural Oats store. But the best natural food store is an independent just around the corner from our condo called the Village Health Market. If it''s healthy, they have it. It''s where we first discovered Vegannaise!

Today, I started my job search in earnest. It may take some time, but I won''t jump at the first opportunity I see. This time, I''m going to make sure I''m saying yes to something appropriate for me. AND ROD WILL NOT RELOCATE NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE JOB OR MONEY!

Then around 3:30 I shut down and went for a wonderful workout at our gym. I do love our gym. It may not be as large as Golds in Raleigh, but the equipment is top notch and the people we know there just makes it so nice to come home to. I saw several trainers today I hadn''t seen in months and they commented that it was obvious I worked out hard in NC. It''s nice to know I look better than when I left. I look in the mirror and see the same Rod everyday. I guess if you haven''t seen me in a few months, there is a difference.

Then after my workout, I stopped by the store and got a nice salad to have for dinner, then went to Starbucks and had a cup of coffee before heading home.

It was a spectacular evening in Tampa and we had dinner on the terrace. It''s so nice to be able to do that again!!

Keep up the great work everyone!! Have a wonderful and healthy Wednesday too!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. Salvo...hahaha you are sweet....nooo...I was "10 lbs overweight" when I got pg this time. I gained 34lbs with my son (and I was up about 6lbs with him from a previous miscarriage a few months prior) and I never lost all the baby weight after having him. I went from a size 6 to a size 10 and stayed there until I got pg this time. 5''5" and 130 was my weight I maintained for years & years. I was 136 when I got pg with Jake, 170 when I went in to have him, & I only lost 10lbs in the hospital. Came home & was 160lbs. It took 2 years of struggling to get down to 146 and I still had a long way to go to get back to 130. I guess I''m not a "bounce back" kind of girl, even though I''m a fitness instructor, pretty healthy cook, and have a lot of muscle. Grrrrr....I''m one of those who has to fight for it.

So I was 146lbs when I got preggers in January...and now I''m 155....only 23 weeks to go!

I absolutely do not limit myself if I''m hungry -- because I know my baby needs nourishment, I''m not that kind of person......but I can try to eat healthy and try to snack on yogurt, high fiber tortillas, hummus, red peppers etc instead of cheetos....That''s all I''m trying to do...be accountable for eating frequent, healthy meals instead of laying on the couch all day munching on bon bons.
41.gif

I just need motivation to workout safely and snack/eat healthy. My OB said that any weight gain for me over 35lbs is just a hobby...(as in eating for fun)

Skippy: Ummm, how did you figure your WW points? 27 points is 1890 calories or more....a point is roughly 70 to 90 calories (depending on fat/fiber content)....I used to work for Weight Watchers & I''m also a lifetime member. I don''t mean to be a kill joy, I''d just hate to see you think you are eating less & then actually sabotoging all your hard work. On the high side that can add up to more than 2300 calories. I''m here if you have questions....I''m more than happy to help out with WW questions.

Diver (who''s off to have a banana & a large glass of skim milk while my dh eats Smarties)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening WWT'ers! everyone sounds like they are doing great. rod definitely look for the 'right' opportunity...and make sure you will be happy there. it totally helped that i had a friend who worked at this company i am at now and she has been there and LOVES it...and it is also ranked in the top 50 places to work as well i think by Fortune or something. liking my atmosphere was really important after last time.

so i ended up going to the gym this afternoon and doing 35 minutes on the elliptical at a low level and burned 300 cals, then did about 10 minutes of arm work for about 50 cals. i walked 1.5m earlier so overall i met my 450 cals and then a bit probably. the scale also showed a really low # which surprised me considering that last friday when i was there, it was like 1 lb heavier than my typical weight which i was SURE was due to my splurging last week but who knows, it coulda been water weight. so it dropped 3 lbs since friday which is a lot. really odd. but honestly i don't believe it, we all know the scale lies! haha. but i have been eating really well for the most part...we went out sat and sunday nights but i ate pretty moderately and wasn't stuffed either time which i think really helps. i just have to remember...splurging in moderation is okay...and it doesn't seem to affect me scale wise as long as i am still active. keep fingers crossed anyway!!

i also am wondering if the fact that i did no real heavy cardio since friday at the gym...i just have been walking like 4-5 miles a day...helped the scale drop too. kinda interesting anyway, the walking vs gym is an experiment this week so i am interested to see how it pans out as the week continues. i am not trying to drop, just maintain.

i decided on a splurge for dinner since i am on my own tonite...taco bell!!! i haven't had it in FOREVER, like a year maybe? i always think about getting it then think oh i shouldn't. but part of me figuring out the whole moderation thing is to splurge when i want but not get all crazy. so i got a beef burrito supreme with no sour cream and a regular taco. and then i made a strawberry bleu cheese salad at home...yum! so my dinner even though it's a splurge is about 625 cals...which is basically what i would have eaten if i had made something at home so i don't feel guilty at all! plus it tastes sooo good hehee. i am so jazzed that i went ahead and finally did it and had a salad too hehee.

so now i am just relaxing on the couch eating my dinner...dessert may be some chocolate or maybe a 10 cal jello cup..i got some new ones tonite. also i found an amazing candy at the store..Dove sugar free truffles...they come in raspberry cream. i LOVE LOVE LOVE sees raspberry cream candies, so i was like hmm maybe i will try these. they are 35 cals each and WOW...SUPER dark and rich and creamy! seriously surprising, i gave one to my coworker and she said she's super picky about sugar free tasting stuff and she loved them and proclaimed she couldn't taste anything sugar free in them! so i am really jazzed with my find..and also the WW lemon cakes too.

anyway hope everyone had a great day...!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing so well!
It has been a really busy week for me already but I have still managed to get in some good workouts and eat reasonably well. Today I did NOT feel like working out but I still did 35 min of walking/jogging on the treadmill. I also walked at least 90 min outside at various points throughout the day. Yesterday I had a really vigorous run so I think my body is still tired from it. My favorite cardio sculpt class has been rescheduled so I can't go to it anymore
7.gif
I am getting ready to move across town in 2 weeks (agh! SO much going on right now) and so I will be shopping for a new gym anyway.

I had a (hopefully) healthy and delicious lunch today, this restaurant near my school has a signature salad with all kinds of fruit and pecans and a bit of blue cheese on top of field greens. The dressing is poppyseed and is too sweet so I get it on the side and just use a little. It comes with a sweet potato biscuit and is yum! I usually pack my lunch but today I got that salad. I also made a boboli pizza (where you add your own stuff to the crust) tonight. I was in the mood for pizza and I think that is healthier than any kind I would order out. I added a lot of veggies to it and made a salad with arugula, tomatoes, and chick peas to go alongside. Started the day with two slices whole wheat toast with smart balance light spread and a bit of honey. I didn't do a calorie total today. At one of my meetings someone brought loads of yummy chocolate. I was good and enjoyed just one small piece. It was great!

I am $250 poorer but I got my laptop back from repairs, yay!

PS Mara I hear you on that taco bell... so yummy... I looked up their info one time and what I usually get, the bean burrito, is actually not that bad for you either.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy: Ummm, how did you figure your WW points? 27 points is 1890 calories or more....a point is roughly 70 to 90 calories (depending on fat/fiber content)....I used to work for Weight Watchers & I''m also a lifetime member. I don''t mean to be a kill joy, I''d just hate to see you think you are eating less & then actually sabotoging all your hard work. On the high side that can add up to more than 2300 calories. I''m here if you have questions....I''m more than happy to help out with WW questions.

Diver (who''s off to have a banana & a large glass of skim milk while my dh eats Smarties)
Diver Girl. I come up with 27 times 50 equals 1350 calories. Am I wrong. I am lifetime too. I actually ate 1400 calories. I do points but I did calories today and converted to points. I guess I see what your saying but I should have explained that part. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for looking out for me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gail I totally looked up my TB stuff online before I went. I am a total foodie, but I also have a few sneaky guilty pleasures here and there like Taco Bell and KFC and sometimes even DENNYS! hehee. But it''s pretty rare. I love though that I can have two favorites at TB for 550 cals total. I looked up the bean burrito too. Oh and I pulled off the ends of the burrito tortilla which had no filling in it so hopefully I saved some cals since I know the tortilla is often the most calorie-heavy part of these things! And my taco had like 4 shreds of cheese, literally, so they definitely were light on the cheese, again a calorie saver. LOL. But anyway this is part of my whole ''give into your craving in moderation'' experiment...haha.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I never ended up going for a jog yesterday, but I did go to my 90 minute power yoga class today. I always feel great after I get out of there, sooooo glad I went today. This thread is great, it really holds you accountable for your actions.

I''ve been eating fine. I had a salad for lunch with an apple, pork stew for dinner with carrots and brocoli, and some dark chocolate for dessert.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
It''s roasting hot here! 42 deg C and rising!! However, I''ve discovered a really refreshing snack though....

Fresh pineapple with chopped fresh mint is sooo good straight from the refridgerator. Doesn''t need any sweetening as the ones sold here are juicy and sweet all by themselves!!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Well, here''s the Wednesday weight in. Still not much loss on the pounds, but the inches continue to drop. So, something is definitely happening and hopefully the pounds will start to give way soon. Thank goodness this thread helps keep me accountable by posting stats once a week - otherwise I''d have probably given up by now! The wierd thing, though, is that the body fat % hasn''t changed one bit (and I''m using the same scale so that it''s easy to tell for comparison sake). Yesterday, though, the body fat % was down almost 2 percentage points and today for the "official" weigh-in, it''s the same... wierd. I have found on days that I drink more water, the scale says my body fat percent is lower... but, muscles are made up predominantly of water, so maybe that''s why?? anyway, here are the numbers...

Week 10 Week 16
3/7/2007 4/18/2007
Height 5''2" 5''2"
Weight 164.2 162
Bust 36.5 35.75
Waist 32 29.9
Low Waist 37 36
Hips 44.25 43.75
Thigh - R 27 26.25
Thigh - L 27 25.75
Arm - R 12.5 12.1
Arm - L 13 12.5
Calves 16 15.75
Size 12 or 14 12 or 14
Body Fat % 35.2 35.2

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
morning all!

It''s been a while since i''ve popped my head back into this thread. I''m not a calorie counter, so i don''t tend to give daily updates on my numbers. however, it seems that you ladies and gents are doing spectacularly! lots of SERIOUS progress and successful maintenance! congratulations!!

to recap my recent past. i went on an amazing trip with my DH to paris. while i was there, we both went a wee bit crazy, but how could you not. such delicious bread, pasteries, sauces, wines, etc. it helped that we miles upon miles each day we were there (hurray for kind weather). it was an incredible trip. when i arrived back home, apparently i brought along roughly 3-4 french pounds
emembarrassed.gif
. i don''t know if that was actual weight gain, because we were gone for just under a week, but there it was.

so, i readjusted my eating (read: no more pain au chocolate or beurre blanc
9.gif
) and increased my exercise. i''ve been home for two weeks now and my weight is back down below my pre-vacation number. hurray. this friday is my birthday and then over the weekend i have a bridal shower, so i''m allowing myself some more splurge days
emstar.gif

my old clothes are to the point where they just do not fit without looking ridiculous. replacing my wardrobe has been a process. particularly because i''ve been through two sizes, so some of my transition clothes also are too big. i''ll likely not go any lower than a size six, but i''m still losing weight, so i don''t want to make any investment purchases (suits, jeans, etc) until i''m stuck at a size...it makes me glad not to be a yo-yo''er --

my exercise routine as of now is:
1) cardio, which consists of running or the elliptical, sometimes a high-incline walk -- try to do that at least 3 times/week
I intended on taking my dog, gracie, on longer walks now that spring is nearly here, but she got attacked by a pitbull a couple of weeks ago. she''s okay now, but had to have two surgeries, so her walking has been restricted by the vet. as soon as she gets cleared, which will likely be next monday, we''ll put that plan into action.

2) pilates - winsor circle workout. i just love it. makes me feel strong. it''s relaxing. can do it at home. 3-4 times/week

3) started doing lunges and some arm exercises a) push ups; b) chair dips and c) these triceps things. i do 10 of each exercise, then repeat 3 times. I always follow pilates with this circuit if you will.

deejay: i hope your test shows that you have a mighty strong and healthy heart
lorelei: get some restorative sleep
diver: welcome and so many congrats on your new little one
icekid: happy birthday
rod: so glad your happy being home
ag: wow!
mara: glad you''re liking your new job
kimberly: have you finally hit a "size" that you had been hoping for! sounds like it. congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results