shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding dress is not salvagable...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness, just read through the thread - I'm SO happy you found such a perfect dress, just in time!! Shopping with your grandma must've been wonderful
9.gif

BIG sigh of relief!! Congrats cupcake, everything is going to be lovely
5.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your new dress. It looks structured, and elegent. Hurry up and post some pictures of you in it! I think you will look incredible.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
CM-
I am SO incredibly happy for you that everything worked out!!!!!!!!!! That dress is simply spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
omg so happy you found a dress! it is beautiful! I am so glad it worked out for you and best wishes for a wonderful wedding!!1

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new gown is very classy looking!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I just caught up on this thread... Wow! It''s terrible that the first seamstress butchered your dress and is acting like such a b*#ch! At least you found another dress that is lovely. Can''t wait to see pics, and good luck on your wedding day!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oh cupcake i am sorry to hear about the dress drama!! but i am glad you found a new, perfect dress! can''t wait till we get to see some pics!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Ok, sorry, it took me awhile, just got away long enough to try on the dresses take some pics.

Chinese dress

chinese dress cupcake.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Sorry--it''s blurry and I''m making faces
20.gif

cupcake wedding dress.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Just ignore my face....only look at the dress

cupcake wedding dress 2.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Trying to show you guys the back..

side view cupcake dress.jpg

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
So I noticed a small streak of dirt on the back of the dress....anyone know how I can get that off?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 10:43:39 PM
Author: cupcake*muffin
So I noticed a small streak of dirt on the back of the dress....anyone know how I can get that off?

Where is it and how obvious is it? I would avoid using water unless its a last resort. I''d hate for the stain to spread out. Does it seem to be on the surface or more ground in?

The dresses look great on you! You must be pleased! At least this is a good story for the grandkids.
9.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
C*M, if you haven''t already seen it, you simply must watch the episode of Sex and the City when Charlotte and Harry get married. Carrie winds up telling her, "The worse the wedding, the better the marriage." Same to you, honey--with all the crazy stuff you guys have dealt with in the past few weeks, you''ve more than proven that y''all can pretty much cope with ANYTHING, so with your luck, I''d go ahead and start browsing around soon for a dress to wear to your 50th anniversary.
2.gif
That dress is STUNNING on you, and you''re going to be one gorgeous bride! Glad everything worked out for ya!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
both are very nice. Red and gold are auspicious, so good call on your part and you look lovely in both.
It sounds weird, but if you have a lint roller, you might try it on the stain. It can lift a surprising amount and is very unlikely to damage your dress. Good luck to both of you and no matter what, just remember that no matter what, you will be married.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
LOVELY!!! your dresses are awesome & look amazing on you! so glad the dress saga had a happy ending & you didn''t end up down the aisle naked. CM, good luck to you & fi as you travel to your wedding. i hope is as comfortable as possible.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that dress not only looks gorgeous on you, but it fits like a glove! Your waist looks tiny!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
c*m, you look STUNNING! Your seamstress did an AMAZING job saving your Qi Pao! It''s gorgeous! And that dress from DB fits like a dream! I wish you all the happiness in the world, both on your wedding day and in the many many years together following!

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 9:15:10 AM
Author: lilyfoot
Wow, that dress not only looks gorgeous on you, but it fits like a glove! Your waist looks tiny!

Aw thanks! I actually think it makes me look hippier...which is funny cause I am pretty freaking straight and I feel like the pics make me look bigger. Guess the camera does add 10lbs Hopefully, I look shapely but not wide
10.gif
. Good thing I''ve lost 25lbs!

I can''t wait to leave for Edisto today! I''m planning on drugging up the FI after work...poor guy.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 10:58:49 PM
Author: Clairitek

Where is it and how obvious is it? I would avoid using water unless its a last resort. I''d hate for the stain to spread out. Does it seem to be on the surface or more ground in?

The dresses look great on you! You must be pleased! At least this is a good story for the grandkids.

9.gif

It''s pretty long, on the back, under the last "wave" of the train, probably about 6", it''s partially hidden by the "wave" but not completely. I wonder if anyone will notice? I will try a lint brush once we get to the island. If it doesn''t come off, I guess oh well
2.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 9:54:59 AM
Date: 6/10/2010 10:58:49 PM

Author: Clairitek

9.gif

It''s pretty long, on the back, under the last ''wave'' of the train, probably about 6'', it''s partially hidden by the ''wave'' but not completely. I wonder if anyone will notice? I will try a lint brush once we get to the island. If it doesn''t come off, I guess oh well
2.gif

I think thats the right move with the stain. I doubt anyone will notice and its on the back so it wont show in most pictures. If it does, your photog can easily edit it out. I would try the lint brush or maybe a terry facecloth (dry) and lightly brushing at it to remove the dirt particles. Perhaps some tape wound around your fingers, sticky side out, to pick up the dirt from the surface.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Both dresses look wonderful and both definitely work for you!

For the dirt stain, if it is not terribly noticeable, I would not worry about it - though try the lint roller idea for sure (or just sticky tape).

You will be on the beach anyway! Or maybe if it is sort of hidden by one of the waves, pin the wave over a bit to cover it?

Congratulations and I wish you a very wonderful trip and wedding!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, you look AMAZING!!
36.gif
36.gif

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, C*M! I''ve kind of been following your story, and I just want to send you the best of luck! I think you look really lovely in both dresses. If the stain is at the bottom of the dress and mostly covered by the wave, I bet it''s not noticeable. So I really wouldn''t worry about it if the lint roller doesn''t work.

I hope that after all you''ve been through that you have a wonderful wedding. You really deserve it!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Simply stunning. I wish u didn''t have to deal with the drama, but maybe in the end, you were meant to be in this dress, bc it looks like it was made for you!
30.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy that everything has worked out for you! You look lovely in both outfits, and very curvy in the best of ways, not too wide at all. Hope you have a marvelous day!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
So glad that you got a new dress!! It looks beautiful on you!! Yay!!
36.gif

You have probably already got the stain out but i would use a non scented baby wipe to get it off.

Good luck for your wedding day!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your new dress. It fits you like a glove. Your Chinese dress is gorgeous too.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
You look great in your dresses! I am so glad it worked out.
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results