shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanted to share my new HALO!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
The center is 2 ct! (boy you''re good!) It''s the setting that is 1.38 ct. So 3.38 total ct weight. Thanks for your comment!
emteeth.gif

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is GORGEOUS!
30.gif
I love the proportions, and I think it''s perfect on your hands.
3.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2007 4:20:16 PM
Author: BriBee
Your ring is GORGEOUS!
30.gif
I love the proportions, and I think it''s perfect on your hands.
3.gif
Ditto! I tried on one like that and I really liked it, better than other halos on my hand. It was a Gregg Ruth. (I think?) If you already said, I missed it, but who did the ring for you? It really is beautiful!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I want one! [stomps foot]

gimmiegimmiegimmiegimmiegimmie.gif

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! You didn''t miss it, becuase I didn''t really say, but since you inquire, here''s the story, it''s kind of a weird one, I think i just lucked out actually.

I was looking online at any halo setting, even just pics of things not for sale, just to get ideas, when somehow I stumbled into someones ebay store. The store did not sell halos settings, but had beautiful finished products, mostly peridot, topaz and tourmaline in these stunning halo settings. I love the settings, but like I said, it looked like they didn''t have anything that I could even buy to replace the stone with mine. So I emailed them, they were called lord_of_the_gem_rings. Interesting name. Anyway, I asked if they could do something in the style of a setting I admired that currently had a huge topaz in it. They emailed back that they would work with me and asked for my diamond specifications and said they would cut a stone to the same size and create the mold for the setting from there. At around the same time they closed their ebay store, I don''t know why, maybe its wasn''t worth it for them. I gave them a down payment, they began work, they kept me updated via email every so often, sent pics of the finished product, asked if I was satisfied with the terms of the agreeement and the pictures, and if so, I was expected to pay the balance. I payed, and the setting was here in a few days. It was nerve wracking and gutsy of me to take the risk. It payed off though. The quality of the diamonds and the craftsmenship is worth more than what I payed. I will tell you that I paid about 1,000 dollars, including labor. It was a serious bargin!! They even emailed to ask if I was satisfied when I got it! I expected to pay thousands when I started off, I just can''t believe it. The thing is so sparkley it''s nuts!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is very pretty, congratulations on finally getting the ring of your dreams!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow Isis that is incredible!! So is your story.

Was it wonder woman or Isis that had to spin in a circle to get her power? If it is Isis, be careful I bet your spinning will be off balance and you may get a little wobbly with that weighty thing! It is lovely! More images when you get time, please!! §

Couldn''t remember so I did a search...Wiki defines Isis-wow!! Ok to the throne thing, but read where she seemed to be a bit "crafty".
23.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a beautiful ring! I am so glad it worked out with the vendor. That would have made me nervous but it sounds like it worked out wonderfully for you!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
Ha, ha! Thanks for your comments, I love the ring too, I was showing it off at christmas, I would like to say I got more jewelry for christmas, but I think for now, this is probably enough. I do want to post more pics though, when i figure out how to take nicer pics with my cam, I will do so. Isis is my daughters names btw, and I named her after the goddess, so she is the one with the superpowers
emwink.gif
, and one day she will have this ring, so I wanted to make it great! Thanks again!

elemenope

Rough_Rock
Isis,

Do you know how wide the shank is on your ring and what size ring it is. I think you mentioned that you''ve got big hands (although they don''t look big at all), and I was trying to figure out the scale of your ring. I think it''s absolutely beautiful and would love to create a similar look for my GF''s ER.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
Sure, the shank is about 4 mm and my ring size is 7. I can give you the email adress of the person who did it for me, just let me know if you want it, he is very helpful and uses very nice diamonds in his work. I tried to take more pics, but I had to use the flash, which never works well for me. I''ll try some better pics later. Good luck and thanks!

isis24.JPG

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
I should probably not post pics of a ring with grimy dirt all over it, but I didn''t notice it till after I took the pics, sorry!

isis23.JPG

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
that is one awesome ring...my jaw dropped. Your daughter is one lucky girl to get those sparkles someday!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!! Love it!!
30.gif

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more, in natural light during the day. They just look a lot more accurate than those flash pics. I cleaned it too, this time...

isis63.JPG

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
I got part of my face in there on purpose to give you a sense of scale.

ISIS65.JPG

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wow, a third halo to blow me away in 2 days; amazing! That is simply stunning and looks so perfect on your hand (which isn''t masculine, by the way). Wear that stunner in good health!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 8:33:45 PM
Author: isis~goddess
one more...
That''s really sumpin''!!

Lots of sparkle and fire. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results