shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to see pictures from my disasterous second fitting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
What a GORGEOUS gown! I think it''s so stunning that nobody will notice the little things that you do. Sorry for all the screw-ups. That''s annoying, I''m sure.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh EM1, I''m sorry (((HUGS))) No one should have to deal with the BS you''ve had to, especially when paying so much money. I can''t even believe the amount of screw ups. BUT, and here''s a big but, you look absolutely freaking divine! Here are my thoughts: the length is fine, really it is! I agree that ideally it should be a teeny, tiny bit longer, but in no way shape or form does it look short. I swear, girl scout honour! Having said that, if you''re really unhappy then you have every right to demand that the salon add another ruffle free of charge. Regarding the puckering, I wonder if a good steaming wouldn''t sort that out?! What suggestions did the seamstress suggest? I know you don''t feel it right now, but you''re going to be a stunning bride no matter what....and, I promise you no one''s going to notice all the faults you see...we''re always our own biggest critic. Keep us posted!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hopefully it all gets fixed because that dress is STUNNING + looks fab on you!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
You look really really fab in the dress!!

I am sure the puckering can be fixed as well as the length. You are going to look divine on your wedding day, so don''t stress!!
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, you look gorgeous.

Second, as for the length, remember that they really suggest that you have your dress a teensy bit shorter than you would normally want a dress. It''s really a necessity so you don''t trip on it.

I had a similar freakout at my own dress fitting that it was too short-but alas, they were right and I am glad I kept it a touch shorter than I normally would have wanted jeans or something like that.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Wow...I think you look gorgeous in that dress! I can really can''t tell that anything is ''off''. You have a beautiful figure and the dress flatters it nicely. It''s really a stunning dress - good choice!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
You look so amazing!

I don''t think it is to short, but if you don''t feel comfortable with the length then get it let down
1.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Geez Emerald...you are holding up much better than I did during my daughter''s dress dilemma.

You look stunning in your dress. This is officially my favorite dress now. I absolutely love this dress. The bottom of the front...the top of the front. The flow in the back. Thank god your friend bustled it nicely. I had to do my daughter''s bustle too.

It all works out in the end, but dayum, shops sure seem to thrive on stressing brides out.

YOU LOOK AMAZING!
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
aw, I''m sure they will fix everything soon.
On the bright side that bustle is to DIE for!
30.gif

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
So sorry that you have to deal with this! Like you said, you would think that being a higher end store you wouldn''t have to deal with these issues. As far as the length, I think that it looks great! I thought that mine was too short when I looked in the mirror at my fittings but it worked out just fine, especially when I changed into my flip-flops later in the night. Also, in the non-pro pics that I have seen so far, it looks like the perfect length.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful! I think that the length is fine-my dress was about that length too and as NF said, it''s so you don''t trip. I hope that they fix the puckering for you for your next fitting.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Honey, you did look absolutely GORGEOUS in it, but I would be pissed too if I had paid for service I was not receiving. BLOOD? Seriously? And they didn''t rush to get rid of it as soon as it happened? That''s inexcusable. The missing buttons are annoying, but maybe they figure that''s so easy and will take almost no time at all that they can leave it longer than you would''ve liked. But the blood? No excuse for leaving a stain on your dress that THEY put on it!
11.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I would be pissed if I was you... on the other hand you still look stunning in that dress of yours your FI is gonna faint when he sees you like that
31.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all of the really awesome advice! I realize that I am just being picky but as some of you have mentioned I went with and expensive dress and store so that I didn''t have to deal with any BS. I think I mentioned that they messed up my bm dresses too, right? It left a bad taste in my mouth and then having to deal with this at what was supposed to be my last fitting.

Anyway, the comments about the length help. I don''t want to trip on it but I also wanted the dress to the floor. In my opinion since I brought in the same shoes when I bought the dress (store manager knows this and commented again on it yesterday) and I bought the gown cut to measure, they should fix it. They were trying to convince me that the length is fine and that is probably because they don''t want to do anything about it. I think I most upset about that because of the ruffle at the bottom. It draws attention to itself and people will look there. Ugh, distraught...however, BEE and Neat...your experience speaks wonders for me. Thank you.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry to hear about this awful fitting - you should write a review once the wedding has passed. Regardless, you look AMAZING.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your problems but the dress is beautiful. Hopefully all the issues can be straightened out.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to reiterate what others were saying on this thread - while some of these things are unforgiveable, I do think the length of the dress is just fine. I had the same issue with mine, I swore it was too short, but on the wedding day I was so happy it was a little shorter, I was having enough trouble as it was, and worring if the front was going to catch on something was not something I wanted to deal with. With that said, YOU have to love your dress, and you paid all this money for the dress and alterations, and I feel like as the customer, they should do what makes you happy. If they personally feel that if you make the dress longer you''ll trip, that''s fine, and they can warn you of that, but in the end, if you want a longer dress and risk tripping, that''s 100% up to you. Not them. I''d say listen to people that have experience in this for opinions, but in the end, it''s your opinion and your opinion only that matters in what you want for your dress. You have to wear it.

No matter what though, you''re gonna rock it!
36.gif

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, the blood on the dress is unacceptable, as is the fact that they measured the bust so inaccurately. But guess what... they will fix it! There is no way they will let you walk down the aisle in a bloody dress, and luckily taking a dress in is what they do everyday. I know it's frustrating, but I know it will end up being fine. I'm sorry you have to deal with the extra stress though.
8.gif

I do think the length is fine. Most brides think their dresses are hemmed too short, but that's on purpose. Nobody wants the bride falling down the aisle. Nobody else will notice, and it looks great. Also, the new bustle is to die for. You will be a gorgeous bride!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''m so so sorry you had such a bad experience with POB! This makes me very very glad that my dress needed no alterations. I''m just appalled that they would be so unprepared for your second fitting. Have you spoken with a manager about getting some of your alteration money back?

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
so sorry to hear about your experience at POB. The dress is absolutely perfect on you though! I''m sure they''ll do the right thing in the end and you will leave there thinking every inch of fabric is perfect. i think the length is fine but if they can rework it to your liking then they should since it''s their fault. but, all that said, for the record, if you had to walk down the aisle tomorrow with the dress looking just as it does now, you''d look beautiful so don''t worry.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
First, your dress is beautiful. I absolutely love it.

Second, I wanted to ditto everyone else on the length. I had the same issue with my dress, I thought they hemmed it too short. I am one of those people that is crazy about having pants or dresses all the way to the floor. However, the seamstresses explained to me that a wedding dress is different, that the train will pull the dress down when you are walking and they do not hem them all the way to the floor or you would risk tripping down the aisle. When you go for your next fitting, try walking in the dress and looking in the mirror and you will hopefully see what I mean.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
EM, if you're not happy, then they need to fix it! Failing to do so, imo, is inexcusable. It's your WEDDING DRESS for goodness sake, not just any old gown!

BUT, I'd also like to point out, that you look stunning, and had I not known what the problems were with your dress, I would have never noticed looking at these pictures. No matter what, you're going to look beautiful!
36.gif

eta: also, I know nothing about wedding gowns, so I'm not sure about the length situation. Do what the others have said and try walking around with it in your shoes. see if that helps.

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Honest? I think the puckering is pretty noticeable. If the dress is altered correctly the fabric should lay flat. IMO, it looks like they just pulled the fabric and took it in from the back, versus some from the sides and back. I know you said you spent a lot on the alterations but if the dress doesn''t look right, are you going to be unhappy wearing it and looking at it in pictures for years to come? If so, then take it somewhere else and pay for new alterations, since your happiness is worth more than money.

nyc7782

Rough_Rock
Well you look amazing regardless of the issues! I don''t really think it''s too short, but if you do, they should fix it since it''s their mistake. And I would think they can get rid of the puckering--maybe it''s just there now because the final alterations haven''t been done. But I am definitely surprised that somewhere as high end as POB would screw up so much. I''m so sorry! But I really think it will turn out okay--by the final fitting it will look like a totally different dress. Though, someone suggested getting a new seamstress and if you are really considering that, I have been very happy with mine, so let me know. Good luck and I know it will be great in the end!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to thank you all again. I called the store manager and she said not to worry that it will all be fixed by next wednesday. She said we can deal with the length then and she''ll find out what the options are for lengthening it. So...hopefully they will get it done right. In the mean time can someone tell me to quit stress eating???????????????????

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Quit stress eating! I can tell you that a back cleavage doesn''t look good on pictures
3.gif
Although I doubt you ate as much as I did.

For what it''s worth, I think the hem looks better the way you have it as opposed to touching the floor. Honestly. I wish mine was that length.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You have your shoes on... I think it looks alright, plus you won''t have to worry about someone stepping on your dress while dancing... which is perfect, as it won''t pick up any debris from outside... I didn''t notice anything until you brought it up, and I think it is alright.

YOU LOOK AMAZING. REALLY STUNNING!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Em, I''m sorry you''re dealing with issues with the dress.
Regardless, you look absolutely beautiful in it!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
The dress looks great! I hope they have everything fixed for you soon!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Okay, first things first: you look phenomenal, Em. You really, really do. You are going to be such a chic, gorgeous bride.

Second: breathe and step away from the fridge
2.gif

Regarding the dress: I can see how the puckering would be bothersome. My dress did the same thing when they took it in. How are they proposing to fix that? Do they have a concrete plan? Are they sure their "fix" won''t cause more puckering? I would want to be reassured that they know what they''re doing and have an idea of how they''re going to fix that issue, which is usually a complicated problem that won''t allow for trial-and-error-type problem-solving.

I don''t think the dress is too short. I understand you want it to go all the way to the floor, but I think you''ll be happier with it at this length, practically speaking. For a little while, I freaked out that my dress was too short as well, but my seamstress told me I would be happy with the length, and I was. I felt confident that I wouldn''t trip up the aisle, and it was less likely that someone (including me!) might step on the front of the dress and cause all kinds of problems.

As for the blood--that is appalling. I hope there is no sign of it come your next fitting! There is no excuse for staining your dress and not taking appropriate measures to fix it. Heck--it could be a health hazard. Ew.

Speaking of cleaning, I had a really bad experience taking my dress to a dry cleaner (and it was one that had done a great job with other clothes I had sent them). They poked holes in my silk charmeuse dress, left iron indentations in it, put new creases where they were not intended to be, and stretched out the top to the point of me running in tears to my seamstress the day before the wedding to have her take it back in. It would have been much better to leave my dress as it was. So, please--make sure your cleaner can properly handle your dress so you don''t end up with a similar issue!

Okay, that was much longer than intended . . . I really, really hope everything ends up looking just the way you want it to look. I am so excited for you and so anxious to see your photos after the big day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results