shape
carat
color
clarity

W-band to go with wide bnad, contemporary e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

So I got engaged! I''ve been a lurker here for years and have enjoyed every minute of it! I never expected to have anything to show, but now that I do, how can I NOT share with all of you lovely folk? I''ll post a very blurry hand shot of the actual ring, but here''s a good pic from the designer''s website. Same ring, only mine has a princess cut, not round.

When I get better pics I''ll post with the few specs that I have from the GIA cert., but for now maybe you all can help me brainstorm on a wedding band. The ring is 3mm at its narrowest and 5mm next to the stone. Because it''s so wide, I think I''d like to stick to a band that is no wider, and preferably narrower than, 3mm. But I also may end up just moving the ering to my right hand, in which case all bets are off!

Your ideas are most appreciated!

Alexa

Leora for Alexa.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Alexa!

Welcome to PS
35.gif
and congratulations on your engagement!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Your ring is gorgeous! Care to share the specs with us?

I was at first a little worried by your picture, but I didn''t think he could wear a beautiful ring like that!!!
32.gif

For my e-ring, I have a 6mm band (all the way around) and will wear 2, 4mm 1/2 carat bands on either side when I get married as the wedding bands. You can see the pictures here. Mine will total 14mm when all said and done, but that''s the way I wanted it!
9.gif

My bands are all the same width all the way around, but I know they make them in tapered bands.

Have you conisdered possibly a 2-4 mm tapered channel set band? I think that would look lovely and not take away from the original e-ring.

I would love to see some hand shots! Congrats again!
36.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the blurry shot. Sorry - camera phone is all I have for now. You get the idea...ring size is 6.25.

Thanks again!

Blurry ring.JPG

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and WELCOME out of lurkedom!!!

Love the setting on your e-ring!!!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Harleigh,

Your ring is beautiful and I''m sure will look amazing with its new friends! It''s funny, I originally hadn''t considered for one second a band with diamonds in it, but then again I never thought I''d want a diamond engagement ring. Oopsies! I hadn''t considered a tapered band, but I really like that idea, thanks!

Specs: the ring is platinum, stone is .77 carats, E VVS2, table and depth are somewhere in the mid 70''s, Helpful, I know...
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how modern and clean the lines on your setting is! We need better pics ASAP. Congrats on your engagement!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
oooh.. love the lines on that ring!!
Catherine Iskiw, Heiko Schrem, Martin Gross, and Ulla & Martin Kaufmann are all contemporary designers that favor straight lines and use diamonds to highlight their pieces rather than making them the center. Very, very modern designs that just flow and would work incredibly with your amazing ring.
36.gif

Oh, and please post more pics of that ring!
30.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I would love to see more pictures too!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and setting, I would love to see that ring with a 5mm band to match it''s widest point where it holds the diamond!
36.gif
Btw, congrats!
35.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous modern design
1.gif

I''m imagining 2 possibilities of wbands for this beauty. First, 2 bands like Harleigh suggested with channel set stones. Second, a single wide band with scattered stones. WF, Etienne Perret and Tiffany carry variations of this design. You can go with 3mm but I think 4 or 5 might look better next to the widest point of your ering.

wf scattered diamond1.jpg

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the compliments and suggestions. I''m very intrgued by your suggestions to go with a wider band...I''m going to try things on tomorrow and will keep that in mind. In the meantime, I PROMISE to get you better pics! I just need to spend a night wrestling with my fiance''s camera and find that pesky macro setting.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Your ring looks beautiful.
30.gif
I like babymonster''s idea of the scattered diamond band...
18.gif

Congrats on the engagement!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think the scattered diamond ring would be beautiful, you have a very pretty ring and congrats on the engagement
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results