shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Pendant Poll - please vote, suggestions welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the oval! The flower is a little to cluster-ish for me and the pear is pretty but more formal-looking. The oval is unique, understated, goes with anything you''re wearing, and kind of reminds me of an old-fashioned locket.
1.gif
Love it!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like the pear, then flower, then oval!! They are all soo pretty though, it would be hard to choose!!
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for either the pear or the first one mara posted. Also, here''s one from faycullen for only $650, not sure if you want rose cut though.

wer34t.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
i like the pear the best, then the flower, then the oval.
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is only $390 from faycullen.com

3456.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that one too kcourselle but figured it was a little more modernish than vintage. They also had a beautiful multiple drop necklace that I love. There are a bunch of things I''d love to buy from FC but the reality is that I would probaly never wear a design pendant like any of these...so it would just sit in my jewelry box. And that''s no way to treat lovely jewels!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pear and the Fortunoff one that Mara posted. Just gorgeous!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I just remembered another source for vintage-looking pendants. I bought one at 5th-ave-jewels (the ebay seller name) a few months ago. They have a bunch to choose from. I don''t have a pic of mine at the time, sorry.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I am torn between the pear and oval; maybe would lean slightly toward the pear, except as someone noted, the oval would be a different shape than your pear ring, which could be nice for variety''s sake. Also I agree with KD: "...The flower is a little to cluster-ish for me.....The oval is unique, understated, goes with anything you''re wearing, and kind of reminds me of an old-fashioned locket." For every day, I would take the oval.

Lastly, of the others posted, I thought the one Jelly posted was neat. I''m a sucker for things that change (like reversible clothes), to get more variety out of one item!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that one from Fortunoff. Totally right up my alley. Might have to look into that one. I''ll have to check out their return policy. It really is very close to the exact look I''m going for.

I still can''t decide between the 3 I posted either. I really like the pear design, but worried that the milgraining is uneven like it seems in the picture. It may surprise some of you, but the frontrunner to me was the flower because of the fact that they''re all the same ctw, but the flower has less melee which means the stones are bigger, and perhaps more sparkle. However it doesn''t say ''vintage'' to me like the other 2 do, which is my only hangup with it. So......................last night I decided to order ALL 3
23.gif
since the return policy is 30 days, and they are only.....get this.....$299 EACH ($750 each retail price). I found them at Signed Pieces.

Guess I will decide when I see them firsthand. If there''s one I love, I''ll keep it and perhaps compare it to the one from Fortunoff? If I don''t like any, then the search continues.
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how fun that piece of mail will be. Be sure to show some pictures including neckshots. It might be hard to return two of the LOL.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love the pear shaped one (of course)...and the ones posted from Faye Cullen....good luck!!

cheers--Sharon

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Of the ones you posted, I like the oval the best. But my absolute favorite is the one Mara posted second. It''s gorgeous.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
definitely the pear
9.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I''m glad you ordered all three. My vote was for the flower. Maybe you could keep all 3?! That is a very reasonable price, I think. Post pics when you get them. I am off to check out SP''s site right now to look at that flower.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
It''s funny bc when I was looking at these, I didn''t even think about it coordating with your e-ring...I like the pear shaped one and the flower. Not a big fan of #2.
I think I like the flower most bc it takes the emphasis off of ''shape'' and more on design. Just my 2 cents. :)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2006 9:36:21 PM
Author: lizz
Yay! I'm glad you ordered all three. My vote was for the flower. Maybe you could keep all 3?! That is a very reasonable price, I think. Post pics when you get them. I am off to check out SP's site right now to look at that flower.
Hey Lizz - you're not going to find it - if you go check under their pendants link, it was a 'special purchase' which I think means they only had one of each? I see the ones I purchased are now gone from the site. They were brand new as well, not resales. There were 5 Raffi pendants - the other 2 are left there. I wonder if they somehow got a deal on them. That's why I didn't want to post where I found them till I decided. I'll let ya know if I return the flower though.
1.gif

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the pear, hands down! The second one is nice but it''s not striking IMHO... the third one does maybe strike me as a bit "costume-ish". But you need to get what you love!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I like the pear one better!
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
please post (lots of) pics when you get them fg!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure thing! I''m so bad.....I am going to have FIVE pendants to choose from.
emembarrassed.gif
11.gif

I ordered the 3 from Signed Pieces at the beginning of the thread, I picked up one at Costco too, and I ordered the one from Fortunoff! Four of them must go back! Well, at least 3.
27.gif
Four if I end up liking the one from Fortunoff best, cuz it''s more than twice the price of any of the others. All the others are equally priced.

I have the one from Costco already. The ones from Signed Pieces are coming by Fedex Friday night! I don''t know when the one from Fortunoff will get here...but hopefully soon.
9.gif

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
You must go with the pear!! It''s gorgeous.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely the pear... it''s gorgeous! Although maybe officially I will just vote for the flower in hopes that you''ll buy that one instead
17.gif
Hehe... but in all seriousness, the pear is so lovely, it definitely gets my vote!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the pear and the flower!!!! Gorgeous...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 9:33:37 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Sure thing! I''m so bad.....I am going to have FIVE pendants to choose from.
emembarrassed.gif
11.gif

I ordered the 3 from Signed Pieces at the beginning of the thread, I picked up one at Costco too, and I ordered the one from Fortunoff! Four of them must go back! Well, at least 3.
27.gif
Four if I end up liking the one from Fortunoff best, cuz it''s more than twice the price of any of the others. All the others are equally priced.

I have the one from Costco already. The ones from Signed Pieces are coming by Fedex Friday night! I don''t know when the one from Fortunoff will get here...but hopefully soon.
9.gif
It''s good to be bad!!! We must see pictures of all of these. I still like the flower one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe FG you bad girl.

Out of the 4 that you bought that we saw on here, I love the Fortunoff one the best... it just seems most ''vintage'' to me.

But we don''t know what the Costco one looks like, where''s a pic?!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 10:47:30 PM
Author: Mara
But we don''t know what the Costco one looks like, where''s a pic?!
I''m''a chargin the digicam battery! It''s dead. I checked their website but can''t find a pic.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shoot - deadlock victim.

Okay, compromise! The pendant from Costco is EXACTLY the same as these earrings I got from Costco for Christmas but returned, because though I adore the design, my hair totally covered them up. The designer must have realized it would make a great pendant, because now the exact replica of these earrings is the pendant I picked up. Here's my pic of the earrings that I returned. So just imagine one, but on a bail. 0.17 ctw. I really love the design, but worry that it won't be blingy enough to compare with the 0.25 ctw Signed Pieces pendants or the 0.5 ctw Fortunoff one.

ear012323.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re all beautiful (though I would have voted for #1, then #2). Good luck deciding on just one or two!

Did you happen to notice that they have rings and earrings to match each of those pendants?
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t get me in more trouble, woman!!! (I did just go check them out!)
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results