carat
color
clarity

Very upset and frustrated!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Well, Paypal officially stinks. STINKS.

They are big, fat, greedy, lazy jerks.

The amount of hoops I have had to jump through for this claim, it just defies logic..

I took an afternoon off work to do their police report. I faxed them said report.
I get an email back "the document provided does not meet our requirements." WTF??!!!

If I do not provide a second report by tomorrow none the less, my claim will be canceled, with no re-course.
I have just spent more than an hour at Perth central police station at 9.30 at night....
exactly how I planned on spending my evening after working 11 hours
2.gif

Who wants to bet me $5 they find some reason to stuff with me even further after tomorrow..?
29.gif

and yes, this is purely a vent and I know probably nobody is even listening anymore, lol..
still, I do need to vent.
39.gif

..otherwise it''s very possible I may go mad..
25.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 8:53:46 AM
Author: marrylee4u
I think you should lodge complaint against the postal worker or should talk with the company over the issue. Culprit must be there only.

thankyou marrylee - this has been done.
Apparently not easy to determine who is the culprit on a journey from Canada to Australia..

lulu

Ideal_Rock
AJ-

I''ve been following this thread and assuming PayPal would make it right. Can''t believe the hoops they''re making you jump through. And I use them all the time. A cautionary tale. I hope it works out for you.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i''m so sorry AJ - this sucks the big one. so much for their buyer protection policy!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh man... this stinks!!! I have heard many horror stories about trying to get back money through PayPal... I waited over one week to get money back from them after someone hacked THEIR SYSTEM and stole money out of my linked bank account. Let''s just say I don''t use PayPal anymore.

I hope this situation gets resolved and you get your money back ASAP... have you thought more about doing the CC charge-back? If PayPal comes back again saying you do not "meet their requirements" I would be inclined to start the CC charge-back process if you still can.

Good luck with this mess and sorry you have to put up with PayPal crap.
14.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Whitby, and Lulu.

Lulu - this has certainly been a learning curve for me. I always thought Paypal would be on the buyer / victim''s side in these kinda disputes - but it''s more as if I''m being treated like a criminal
38.gif

The worst bit is the crappy communication; because my deadline for the police report was today, I literraly spent from 8am until 2pm running all over town getting the documents they require and faxing them off.
I sent an email, simply asking they confirm if they''ve received my all-important fax. Nup, silence...it''s quite un-nerving.

Well, now they (hopefully) have everything and the deadline has passed - so I wait for their decision..
20.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 7:30:46 PM
Author: poshpepper
Oh man... this stinks!!! I have heard many horror stories about trying to get back money through PayPal... I waited over one week to get money back from them after someone hacked THEIR SYSTEM and stole money out of my linked bank account. Let''s just say I don''t use PayPal anymore.

I hope this situation gets resolved and you get your money back ASAP... have you thought more about doing the CC charge-back? If PayPal comes back again saying you do not ''meet their requirements'' I would be inclined to start the CC charge-back process if you still can.

Good luck with this mess and sorry you have to put up with PayPal crap.
14.gif

Hey pepper;
yes I have heard some crappy stories since my own began from others/friends..that stinks about the hacking.

You''re 100% correct - if Paypal comes back after this new development and its not sounding good, I am going through my bank. I spoke to them today and they sounded pretty confident, seeing as I have police reports and other paperwork out my ears
2.gif

thanks hon for the good wishes,

Actually, if anyone is offering I''d appreciate some PS dust & wishes to try and push this decision through - I sure could use it !!
1.gif

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Here is some *dust* *dust* *dust* and best wishes for a good resolution!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dust Dust Dust!!!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Lots of dust from me, hope you get a good resolution to this mess soon
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou ladies for the Dust - it worked!!!

It's all over, and I got all of my money back.!!

Soooooo glad to be done with this whole thing, and I sincerely appreciate the support and commiserations I received along the way. You gals are the best
5.gif

CHEERS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thank goodness!

why do i feel as tho that was a really close run thing???

well done, AJ, on your sheer persistence! i''m so pleased for you :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2010 11:24:24 PM
Author: arjunajane
Thankyou ladies for the Dust - it worked!!!

It''s all over, and I got all of my money back.!!

Soooooo glad to be done with this whole thing, and I sincerely appreciate the support and commiserations I received along the way. You gals are the best
5.gif

CHEERS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
GREAT news AJ!!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Awesome news!!!!! Glad you were able to get your $$$ back!
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou very much Poshpepper, Whitby and Lorelei for celebrating with me - honestly, it''s been such a huge weight off my mind!
I know to some it probably seems silly, but as Paypal made the process more and more difficult - well, let''s just say the day before the decision came through, I made a couple stupid mistakes at work, etc
40.gif

Lozza, thankyou especially for your kind support from the start
13.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What a relief!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 2:32:16 PM
Author: yssie
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What a relief!!

Thankyou yssie!
Relief is correct - that is exactly how I felt when I received the decision
5.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad you saw it through! and congrats on getting your $ back!

no cash account at paypal but i do have my credit card there to be charged for purchases when i authorize it...the idea being that my credit card company is who i want to deal with in cases of dispute and/or fraud, not paypal.

mz

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad to see this resolved AJ! I had a Paypal dispute once and it was worse than pulling teeth. Just a side question: do you think you''ll stop using Paypal? I actually closed my account after my "dispute" because I couldn''t see myself doing business with a company with such slow and excruciating customer service. If I had stuck with my claim (I didn''t..it was about $35 and I spent literally at least 7 hours working on it and more stressing about it before I decided it wasn''t worth it anymore) I think I might have gotten it back, but was so frustrated at all of the hoops I had to jump. I''ve come back to it, but use it sparingly and only with vendors I''ve spoken to at length (which it sounds like you had) before the purchase.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MZ,
and thanks Indy for sharing your experience. I agree, had the claim for been for under $100 I''m sure I would have abandoned the process too!
To answer your question, I have kept the account as I do buy a bit of things through etsy etc, and it''s just the easiest way. At the end of the day, it was a PITA but they did make the right decision
5.gif

On that note, I am re-visiting this thread as there has been another, not so great update to this seemingly endless saga!
After I got my refund, I still had to file a bunch of reports and make visits again to the police and to Australia Post, so that the seller could get his money from his Canada Post insurance claim. I spent a bunch of time running around for the seller, because it was the right thing to do.

Well, about 2 weeks ago he sends me a short note that Canada Post finally gave him his money (no thanks for my help), and could I please arrange to send him back the empty watch box asap. I replied, explaining that I''m no longer in possession of the box because it and the rest of the package had to go to Au Post for the investigation - but I promised to follow it up and get back to him as soon as I could.

To my amazement, about a week goes by until a second email arrives. To summarize, first the seller accuses me of ignoring his last email (ummm..check your account please, I replied to you!), then continues to accuse me of actually *stealing* the watch and now keeping the box to go with it (WTF?!)..
And the best bit - he does a "P.S" and threatens me.! If I don''t get him back the box asap, he is going to contact all the other Ebay vintage watch sellers that he knows and tell them to block and ban me from buying from them !

I honestly cannot believe this guys behaviour, I am soooo steaming mad
29.gif

After all the stuffing about I went to to ensure he got his insurance claim - when I''m sure many other ebay buyers would have just gone on their merry ways instead - and now he has the nerve to call me a thief and threaten me??!!

Anyways - like I said, seems like this thing is going to continue haunting me for at least a bit longer
40.gif

Sorry for the vent folks - but I just want to seriously detract my recommendation for this seller that I had made in an earlier thread, and let people know he appears to be a bit of a wacko
20.gif

Seller ID is dan035red by the way, for any ebay-ers reading along...buyer beware!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear this is still ongoing. I think at this point I would just ignore the seller. If you have good feedback on ebay he won''t accomplish anything even if he carries out his threat.

heyjudes

Shiny_Rock
Hey AJ! Glad to hear you got your money back from PayPal although it is very disturbing how difficult they made the return process. Makes you wonder how much they really are protecting you.

And, forgive my language, but the seller is really a douchebag. I mean, he got his money back, you got yours. Why is he making it even more difficult?

Grrr...sometimes people just don''t make sense...
38.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad your money was refunded but what a major hassle and I hate to hear the seller is still being such a pain for you. Good luck!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Definately send his threats to Ebay. I was I this situation before and they ended up can Ellington the crazy sellers account!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou Lulu and marcy for your comments.

Heyjudes - I agree 100%, he was acting like a douche. Clearly because I have been nice and helpful until now, he assumed he could bully me. Well, as soon as I gave him some of his own attitude back, he backed off pretty quick
2.gif

Thanks sizzle - I did send his threats to ebay because I feel this kind of thing should be on some type of record. I just got a generic "we may or may not act" kind of response - but I don''t mind, I guess in the scheme of some of the BS they must hear about it is pretty mild!

Hopefully, this will be where it ends now
1.gif

penskip

Rough_Rock
The whole thing sounds fishy. Maybe the seller wants the box back so he can put the watch back in it and sell it again!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 9:57:28 AM
Author: penskip
The whole thing sounds fishy. Maybe the seller wants the box back so he can put the watch back in it and sell it again!

Hi penskip - I wondered that too
38.gif

However, after I told him I''d be happy to track down the box and send it back - as long as he paid me the $25-30 it was going to cost to ship, he said "it wasn''t worth it and to forget about it"..
Like I should have paid for him to have his darned box back, as well as my time..grrrrr..

I think I have now heard the end of it, as he knows he cannot bully me
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
For crying out loud, what a total jerk! I''m glad you got your money back tho, AJ.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 8:42:11 AM
Author: packrat
For crying out loud, what a total jerk! I''m glad you got your money back tho, AJ.

ha ha, agreed packy! Yeah, me too on the dosh though..thanks hon!
35.gif

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Oooo boy! I just read all of this and

A) I am SO sorry you''ve had to go through this - I have had to do something similar with Paypal, but wasn''t as hard

B) I so commend you on your tenacity to STICK with IT! Good for you and congrats it worked out... makes you not want to use ebay or paypal tho doesn''t it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results