shape
carat
color
clarity

Very upset and frustrated!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
This is purely a rant and "woe is me" thread, so you''ve been warned in advance, ha
2.gif

The awesome Elgin vintage watch I posted about in this thread; well the package arrived today.

And I have had literally *the worst day* I''ve had in probably a year today; everything went wrong - the one redeeming factor was my exciting package waiting for me when I got home from work...

So my box contains packing materials, the original vintage watch box....and NO WATCH
29.gif
29.gif
39.gif
29.gif
39.gif

Those emoties were literally how I felt when I realized the package was empty!
At this stage I am giving the seller the benefit of the doubt as he has been very good, and assuming some scumbag postal worker stole it..
But of course I''ve already lodged a Paypal dispute (calling CC Co. tomorrow), so we''ll see what he has to say.

It is all the more frustrating, as even though I''m confident I will get my refund, I really did want that watch. I haven''t seen another like it anywhere..
7.gif

It came from Canada - I think I remember other members in CS having things stolen from packages from Canada mail - whats up with that?!
38.gif
7.gif

Okay, so I''m ready to receive my commiserating posts, lol..
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sweetheart......I am so sorry......
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
This is absolutely dreadful!!!!!!! I do see your point, that was a beautiful watch and unique - but karma could send one you love even more your way!

Hugs to you xoxoxoxoxo

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 7:58:13 AM
Author: Lorelei
Oh sweetheart......I am so sorry......
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
This is absolutely dreadful!!!!!!! I do see your point, that was a beautiful watch and unique - but karma could send one you love even more your way!

Hugs to you xoxoxoxoxo

awwww..thanks Lozza; just what I needed is some hugs from you, cheers lovey.
The seller just contacted me and is understandably very upset too - I believe he is honest and also a victim in this - he is opening a dispute with the P.O asap, but we all know how long that takes
20.gif

Thanks hon - I do hope I can find another I like just as much or more, I'm just feeling a bit "over it" at the moment though.
Boy, this day sucked!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! How ridiculous-I hope it gets straightened out for you AJ! (I went and looked at the thread and the watch is really pretty, so I hope you are able to get it back!)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear about your day.....2/8 is just starting here in california. hope the walkabout watch shows up!

mz

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Im sorry to hear about your watch!Im sending out bad watch karma vibes to the the person who stole your watch
29.gif
!Hopfully the watch will return back to you were it belongs!
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, that is just awful! I am so sorry
39.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry, AJ. What a miserable thing for someone to do
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry AJ, that sucks big time. Pun not intended!!! GRRRRRR
15.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!! I''m so sorry AJ!!

Gosh, I''m sure you will get your money back but that is frustrating!
29.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Guys for the thoughts, I appreciate it!

Thankyou Pack, MZ and jewelerman - I do wish it would show up too, but I''m positive the watch is long-gone. My hope now is to make sure I get all my pennies back!

Thanks Dana, Kaleigh (lol at pun), and Marian - isn''t it? I was so crest-fallen, after anticipating its delievery, tracking it online etc.. to me even this feels like an invasion..
I can''t even imagine how folks feel when they''re homes are robbed
38.gif

Thanks Yssie - Yes I''m hoping Paypal will come through for my money back, I''m confident they should.

Although I have to say, I was rather disappointed with the sellers message to me once he realized I was going through the dispute process, especially since he had been so good to that point - I won''t go into all the details, but I guess he has lost out and is upset over this transaction too...
40.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear this, AJ. Wasn''t it insured? If so, the seller should be do OK.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh noooooo, aj I''m so sorry that happened! It''s sad and frustrating, to say the least
38.gif

I really really it works out for you! Keep us posted!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 6:34:44 AM
Author: DiaDiva
Sorry to hear this, AJ. Wasn''t it insured? If so, the seller should be do OK.

Thanks Dia -
yes, the package is insured.
Which means the seller knows he can lodge a legit claim with his P.O and get his $ back.
However, instead of making both our lives easier and paying out my paypal dispute, he has escalated it to a claim
7.gif

To me, this just seems spiteful - he is peeved at me that I did not wait/trust him to go through the P.O for the refund (which could take months), instead of following due process as I did and going through Paypal - because now he will lose his shipping costs.
33.gif

*shrugs*...grrrr

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 7:41:34 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Oh noooooo, aj I''m so sorry that happened! It''s sad and frustrating, to say the least
38.gif

I really really it works out for you! Keep us posted!!

Thanks Andi - yes, those were the..umm..polite words for how I felt, lol!
will do..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure how to react to the seller''s escalation - is this normal?
Should I consider a CC chargeback instead / as well as the Paypal process?

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry this happened AJ. I wondered what happened when you didn''t post pictures in the other thread. I hope this resolves and there is some recourse. Good thoughts and positive energy coming your way.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2010 8:32:51 AM
Author: arjunajane
Thanks Guys for the thoughts, I appreciate it!

Thankyou Pack, MZ and jewelerman - I do wish it would show up too, but I''m positive the watch is long-gone. My hope now is to make sure I get all my pennies back!

Thanks Dana, Kaleigh (lol at pun), and Marian - isn''t it? I was so crest-fallen, after anticipating its delievery, tracking it online etc.. to me even this feels like an invasion..
I can''t even imagine how folks feel when they''re homes are robbed
38.gif

Thanks Yssie - Yes I''m hoping Paypal will come through for my money back, I''m confident they should.

Although I have to say, I was rather disappointed with the sellers message to me once he realized I was going through the dispute process, especially since he had been so good to that point - I won''t go into all the details, but I guess he has lost out and is upset over this transaction too...
40.gif
I feel so badly for you....And I completely understand how you are feeling, I know I would be extremely cross and upset too. But I tend to look at things this way, I don''t know if it would be of any help but things always work out, there was a reason you weren''t meant to have this particular watch and I KNOW there will be a better one out there for you - you will see!!!

xoxoxoxo

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 8:41:51 AM
I''m not sure how to react to the seller''s escalation - is this normal?
Should I consider a CC chargeback instead / as well as the Paypal process?
i''d put it on my calendar to do the CC chargeback within the legal time frame......just in case he does not complete his end of the process in a timely manner.

mz

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry AJ, I read about this in hangout. I live in Canada and have never had a problem. I have had things shipped to me from all over the world, and have shipped things out without a problem. The watch looked gorgeous too, and I''m sure you would have rather had the watch than the money. Hope this gets resolved quickly.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Let us know how it turns out. I hope he doesn''t claim that he actually sent it and you were lying.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
oh no! i hope that you get this resolved soon and it''s not too stressful!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

apologies I have not been back to this thread in a lil while - been quite flat out.

Thankyou to everyone who has posted since,
and Lozza I do appreciate your kind message of positivity
5.gif

The seller is taking all of his possible time in responding through Paypal, which I must admit does not feel fair.
Up until this point I still would have done business with him as I believe we are both a victim of circumstance / theft; but I can''t really any longer support my recommendation I made in Gardenglove''s watch thread for this seller - I''ve said it before, and I really do believe that how one behaves when things go wrong in a transaction is the real test.

MZ - thanks for the suggestion. I believe if the next response through Paypal is not positive, I will be moving onto the CC chargeback route.

I will post an update when it occurs.
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2010 3:47:11 AM
Hi all,

apologies I have not been back to this thread in a lil while - been quite flat out.

Thankyou to everyone who has posted since,
and Lozza I do appreciate your kind message of positivity
5.gif

The seller is taking all of his possible time in responding through Paypal, which I must admit does not feel fair.
Up until this point I still would have done business with him as I believe we are both a victim of circumstance / theft; but I can''t really any longer support my recommendation I made in Gardenglove''s watch thread for this seller - I''ve said it before, and I really do believe that how one behaves when things go wrong in a transaction is the real test.

MZ - thanks for the suggestion. I believe if the next response through Paypal is not positive, I will be moving onto the CC chargeback route.

I will post an update when it occurs.
35.gif
Sounds like a good idea AJ.
40.gif

Hoping for a positive update soon.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
non - fun update (thankyou lozza for the ongoing support hon):

on top of a ton of paperwork and bringing the empty box to various PO''s to be inspected, Paypal''s newest request of me is that I obtain a police report - oh yeah, and do so within 10 days or your claim is canceled!
20.gif
Lucky I have a day off this week!
I wouldn''t actually mind, if I thought all this effort meant the PO and police were actually going to try to work together and find the thief - but somehow I doubt that...

On the seller''s side, Paypal has insisted he provide an appraisal for the watch - yes, for the same watch that has been stolen, and for all intents and purposes doesn''t really exist; and is certainly not in his possession - wtf?! Are these people for real? lol...

I am quickly losing confidence with paypal; however I feel conflicted about starting a CC charge-back process on the seller; as per Paypal policy, they have already taken my funds back from his account and have "frozen" them until a decision is reached...
so in effect if I initiate a charge-back, he will be losing his money twice...(of course if Paypal finally decide in my favour I would give every cent back to him).

Can someone please put in their 2cents what would you do?
40.gif

I''m also worried that doing so could affect the Paypal process?

this stinks...I hope the thief gets a ton of bad karma - I''m sorry, that''s just how I feel right now!
3.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi arjuna :)

i''ve been following this thread since you started it and, while i have nothing to add (i dont know anything about the paypal or ebay complaint process) i just wanted to say how sorry i was that it''s come to this. it''s clearly one of those processes that''s stacked so you NEVER try to use it - and i hate that kind of thing - worse than useless.

anyway, i hope something good manages to come out of this - i felt badly both for you *and* the vendor when i read your post.

7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 5:12:18 PM
Author: whitby_2773
hi arjuna :)

i''ve been following this thread since you started it and, while i have nothing to add (i dont know anything about the paypal or ebay complaint process) i just wanted to say how sorry i was that it''s come to this. it''s clearly one of those processes that''s stacked so you NEVER try to use it - and i hate that kind of thing - worse than useless.

anyway, i hope something good manages to come out of this - i felt badly both for you *and* the vendor when i read your post.

7.gif

hey there whitby,

that is very kind of you to say, thankyou!

I know in the grand scheme of things its merely an inconvenience; but it''s a pretty annoying one
2.gif

I agree with you; I''d always thought Paypal was firmly there for both buyer and seller''s protection / service - I mean, they get paid enough in fees to do so!
But it does appear they like to throw up road-blocks / red tape, probably in the hopes of making you give up..
38.gif

cheers again lovey for the thoughts
13.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2010 6:58:41 AM
non - fun update (thankyou lozza for the ongoing support hon):

on top of a ton of paperwork and bringing the empty box to various PO''s to be inspected, Paypal''s newest request of me is that I obtain a police report - oh yeah, and do so within 10 days or your claim is canceled!
20.gif
Lucky I have a day off this week!
I wouldn''t actually mind, if I thought all this effort meant the PO and police were actually going to try to work together and find the thief - but somehow I doubt that...

On the seller''s side, Paypal has insisted he provide an appraisal for the watch - yes, for the same watch that has been stolen, and for all intents and purposes doesn''t really exist; and is certainly not in his possession - wtf?! Are these people for real? lol...

I am quickly losing confidence with paypal; however I feel conflicted about starting a CC charge-back process on the seller; as per Paypal policy, they have already taken my funds back from his account and have ''frozen'' them until a decision is reached...
so in effect if I initiate a charge-back, he will be losing his money twice...(of course if Paypal finally decide in my favour I would give every cent back to him).

Can someone please put in their 2cents what would you do?
40.gif

I''m also worried that doing so could affect the Paypal process?

this stinks...I hope the thief gets a ton of bad karma - I''m sorry, that''s just how I feel right now!
3.gif
Bloody hell.....
14.gif

Hang in there AJ, it WILL be sorted out soon, the process is a major pain in the derriere I know but you are covered my dear.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Loz, I appreciate the support...

Finger''s crossed Paypal do the right thing..
40.gif

marrylee4u

Rough_Rock
I think you should lodge complaint against the postal worker or should talk with the company over the issue. Culprit must be there only.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results