shape
carat
color
clarity

Vera Wang Setting????ANY PIcs???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dooleyhart

Rough_Rock
My Girlfriend has told me that she really likes the Vera Wang Round stone set Pave Diamond setting...This setting has a 1 ct center stone, with Pave diamonds along the ring sides..The stone itself is raised, and you can see the bottom of the stone through the setting...Maybe what I am trying to describe is known as a Airline setting, but I was wondering if anyone has any Pics of this Vera Wang setting....Thanx
20.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is one on ''Show me the ring'' (run a search... Vera Wang, but may be another ring, not the one your girl has in mind.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Here is albicocca''s Vera Wang, pave ring. As you can see, the whole stone is visible from the side. I would imagine this is similar to what your GF wants, but hers would be made for a round. Here is albicocca''s thread.

albicoccaverawang.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the link didn''t work....I''m going do some experimenting. It''s the first time I''ve tried this...

Albicocca''s thread

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Yippy skippy! It worked....I''m a little behind on computer know-how. Hee hee.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh!!! I think I found the exact ring you are talking about. Here it is...I hope!
emteeth.gif

Original Thread

roundverawang.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
This is what cluelessL had to say about the ring...

Hi everyone,
I tried on this Vera Wang ring & really like it. The ring is super thin though & I''m worried that it may not be safe. Also, it was verrry expensive for only .25 tcw
I tried searching the web for hours, but couldn''t find pictures of it, so I had the store take a picture and email it to me.
I figured I''d post it on here in case anyone else is looking for pictures & can''t find any.

roundvw348908.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
one more pic...although, they are all on the original thread
emsmilep.gif

roundvw2324.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
This is what appletini had to say:

I looked at some of these last saturday at BB&B. They are stunning, but I would''t pay the markup for the name. Plus you have to use her diamonds, you cannot use your own. Perhaps get an idea of what you like and then have it custom made.

It seems like there is quite a markup on her rings. And you can''t use your own diamond?!!! That sucks! That means you will not only be paying an arm and a leg for the setting, you will also be paying a fortune for the diamond! If you have endless funds, then go for it! I just thought I would let you know what others on Pricescope have said about Vera Wang''s rings. It''s always better to be educated on a topic before making such a big decision.
emwink.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
This one isn''t a Vera Wang, but I thought I would post it anyway. I once considered this setting when I was in my Michael B phase. I don''t like the Michael B prongs too much. The one below is from Dimend Scassi. I''m not sure if they sell the setting on its own though.

1A2BA_large_1.jpg
1A2BA_large_2.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 4:54:51 PM
Author: singer
This is what cluelessL had to say about the ring...

Hi everyone,

I tried on this Vera Wang ring & really like it. The ring is super thin though & I''m worried that it may not be safe. Also, it was verrry expensive for only .25 tcw

I tried searching the web for hours, but couldn''t find pictures of it, so I had the store take a picture and email it to me.

I figured I''d post it on here in case anyone else is looking for pictures & can''t find any.
FYI, this is the same as my setting, only they made mine for a cushion!

To clear up a few other notes...

1) The price isn''t for the carat weight, it''s for the setting of the tiny stones!! If you get a cheaper micropave ring, a LOT of people have trouble with the stones falling out. I have heard from multiple jewelers that what you''re paying for for micropave is NOT the stones themselves, it''s making sure they are securely set. If you prefer the bigger stones, that''s your opinion and you''re welcome to it, but that''s the reason why it seems high "for the carat weight." All my tiny tiny stones are super sparkly and good quality too!

2) It is super super sturdy and rock solid. Not AT ALL worried about sturdiness!!! It looks thin, but there is definitely enough metal on there to keep the integrity from being compromised. And I whack it on things quite a lot unfortunately.

3) MOST jewelers don''t seem to let you put your own center stone in a Vera Wang setting but IT IS POSSIBLE!!!! My boyfriend got mine from Michael C. Fina on 5th Avenue in New York City, where they will let you put ANY stone from any store/vendor into a Vera Wang setting. This is the only store that I am aware of that will let you do it, but it is NOT a Vera Wang policy that you have to use their stones - it''s a policy set by the jewelers themselves.

In any case, good luck, I hope you get it! I cannot recommend it highly enough!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results