shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent-irrationally irritated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m feeling massively irritated right now and it''s directed at the people who sit in cubes near me. One feels the need to cough every 5 seconds, claims it''s "asthma" yet I''ve never seen her use an inhaler or anything. She seriously coughs so hard it sounds like she''s going to gag, then it makes me thing of gagging and I gag. Then this other co-worker is scanning stuff and all I hear is the scanner whizzing away over and over again. Then there''s the guys who refuses to answer his phone of put it to voice mail, so it just rings and rings and rings. All of this irritation today has made my back and my head kill. I''m really hoping I don''t project it on DH tonight. That would be really unfair.

Vent over....thanks for reading.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending you some ibprophen and Xanax dust. lol
2.gif

Hope the day goes by quickly for you.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
God I could totally use some Xanax and a martini right now....

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
HH, it''s the hormones! I felt that way the first few weeks of my pregnancy and then it came back for these last few weeks. Makes you crazy!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
sorry babes
14.gif

Consider us your cool coworkers there to distract you. Workday is almost over and it''s Hump Day! (((hugs)))

I''m sending you a virtual
mmfreshmartini.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
haha, if it''s hormones, what''s my excuse? I get irritated with cube mates too. There''s the guy whose voice is louder than my shouting voice! And he lovvve conference calls! Then there''s the other guy who gets in fights with his wife (audibly) and bangs his desk in frustration so hard my desk shakes! WTF?

In general I get annoyed w/loud talkers, whistlers, annoying cell phone rings and noisy eaters. Gross! Coughers are a sore point too (I''m talking gross bronchitus cough and those who don''t try to contain it or be discrete...or stay home!).
I think I just have low tolerance for irritation or maybe it''s old age.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. Hissy fit is over. It went from irritation to anger to homicidal thoughts to crying and now it''s gone.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like everyday for me these days. I''m with Steph - it''s the hormones!
emsmilep.gif
Although, I sit near a "cougher" too and it is annoying even on my best day.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 2:04:10 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Thanks ladies. Hissy fit is over. It went from irritation to anger to homicidal thoughts to crying and now it''s gone.
Wow! You''re in for a fun 9 months.
2.gif
3.gif
We''re here for you, though...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Woah, HH. That sounds liek me the other day! Glad you''re off the homicidal ledge:) Hope your day gets better!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
totally fine right now! LOL, hopefully I''ll be good for the rest of the day!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
It''s posts like this that make me feela little better about my employed status!
31.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Hey now, some of us coughers can''t help it (though I cover my mouth of course). I have constant sinus drainage which irritates my throat and makes me cough. I had the allergy prick test and nothing reacted. I was diagnosed with "non-specific allergic rhinitus" which is Doctor speak for "runny nose and we don''t have a clue why"
20.gif
It sounds like I have a cold or flu, but I don''t
12.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think where my frustration with this particular person comes from is 1. while she claims it''s medically related, it appears to be more of a habit out of boredom than anything else and 2. she has an office with a door. If I were having issues like that I would close my door.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
HH you aren''t alone...

My senior manager carries AT LEAST $5.00 in change in his pocket at all times. I hear it ALL the time. Whenever he is standing by your desk waiting for you to get off the phone or to finish something, he puts his right hand in his pocket and giggles it until you are ready to talk to him.

I also have a co-worker that constantly sniffles. When I say constantly, I mean the she has been doing it every 20 seconds for the last 3 years!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Aww! I feel the same way sometime. The person right next to me sniffles so loud it sounds like she is snorting something. I want to yell, blow your nose!! Ick.

Dont get me started on some of the people in my office who act like this is high school! AND can''t people put their cell on vibrate?!?! We aren''t even supposed to have them on in here..

Hope you feel better once you get home!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You need chocolate. Its the answer to everything
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
LOL, welcome to preggo hormones!

Having never had PMS in my life I was shocked at what being PG did to me. I actually scared myself a few times I lost it so badly. Every little thing would bug the heck out of me until I would literally explode.

The worst I did was to have a go at the leader of one of the main political parties in the UK, then when he walked off, I ran after him, stamped my foot and yelled at him that I hadn''t finished...
23.gif
(I worked for him indirectly - I wasn''t just some random psycho). Kind of like yelling at Obama... oops... oh, and then I burst into tears.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 4:36:23 PM
Author: Maisie
You need chocolate. Its the answer to everything
9.gif
Yes!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 4:41:48 PM
Author: Pandora II

Having never had PMS in my life I was shocked at what being PG did to me. I actually scared myself a few times I lost it so badly. Every little thing would bug the heck out of me until I would literally explode.

The worst I did was to have a go at the leader of one of the main political parties in the UK, then when he walked off, I ran after him, stamped my foot and yelled at him that I hadn''t finished...
23.gif
(I worked for him indirectly - I wasn''t just some random psycho). Kind of like yelling at Obama... oops... oh, and then I burst into tears.
I would have paid good money to see that!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

DH was there and I think it''s the only time I''ve seen him genuinely shocked and speechless!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 5:02:50 PM
9.gif

DH was there and I think it's the only time I've seen him genuinely shocked and speechless!
Bless him, he was probably wondering where his beautiful ladylike Pandora had gone!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 3:08:55 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Hey now, some of us coughers can''t help it (though I cover my mouth of course). I have constant sinus drainage which irritates my throat and makes me cough. I had the allergy prick test and nothing reacted. I was diagnosed with ''non-specific allergic rhinitus'' which is Doctor speak for ''runny nose and we don''t have a clue why''
20.gif
12.gif
PP - have you tried removing dairy from your diet for a few weeks? Allergy tests aren''t 100% accurate and doing an elimination diet can often be more accurate. Also, if it''s not dairy, you can try taking out wheat/gluten for a few weeks.

My nose runs too. . .I don''t have a cough or anything, but I do have to keep a packet of tissues in the pockets of all of my coats. It''s because I am highly sensitive to dairy but still eat a bit (like when I''m cooking nachos for the kids, I''ll eat a couple).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH,
Those hormones are a bear in the beginning, and then again at the end of your pregnancy.... Hang in there, sending you a HUG!!!
35.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 4:41:48 PM

23.gif

Omgoodness! LOL this gave me a good giggle, though I''m sure it was embarrassing after the fact for you. I have been the same way - never had PMS or mood swings at all, and suddenly I am so moody I can touch on every mood available in a 5 minute conversation. Lucky ladies, we are!
20.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 7:29:10 PM
Author: MC

Date: 1/13/2010 3:08:55 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Hey now, some of us coughers can''t help it (though I cover my mouth of course). I have constant sinus drainage which irritates my throat and makes me cough. I had the allergy prick test and nothing reacted. I was diagnosed with ''non-specific allergic rhinitus'' which is Doctor speak for ''runny nose and we don''t have a clue why''
20.gif
12.gif
PP - have you tried removing dairy from your diet for a few weeks? Allergy tests aren''t 100% accurate and doing an elimination diet can often be more accurate. Also, if it''s not dairy, you can try taking out wheat/gluten for a few weeks.

My nose runs too. . .I don''t have a cough or anything, but I do have to keep a packet of tissues in the pockets of all of my coats. It''s because I am highly sensitive to dairy but still eat a bit (like when I''m cooking nachos for the kids, I''ll eat a couple).
Yep, we looked into common food allergies and I went off dairy (never really ate much anyway, just occasional cheese), then alcohol, then wheat. No difference. It''s not even seasonal. I just drain down my throat...yucky. I always have kleenex around
7.gif
Even more fun is waking up in the morning and gagging
20.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Uhhh ... whaa?
33.gif
When did you get KTFU???

Congrats!!
9.gif
36.gif
I need to start reading the TTC thread.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elro- we found out on Saturday. It''s still very early days, about 5 weeks along, but we''re psyched!

I think a big part of resolving the meltdown is to recognize it for what it is. Almost as soon as I told myself "It''s hormones, it''ll pass, breathe, let it go", I felt the tension drain and sanity return. I think I might look into some easy meditation techniques for moments like the one I had. Any suggestions?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My favorite meditation technique is just to concentrate on breathing - if I''m focused on my breathing (deep in and out) it takes my mind off of other things.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 7:36:55 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Elro- we found out on Saturday. It''s still very early days, about 5 weeks along, but we''re psyched!

I think a big part of resolving the meltdown is to recognize it for what it is. Almost as soon as I told myself ''It''s hormones, it''ll pass, breathe, let it go'', I felt the tension drain and sanity return. I think I might look into some easy meditation techniques for moments like the one I had. Any suggestions?
I''m 25 weeks... they don''t go away!
9.gif

However, now that you have acknowledged that they are irrational, you will just laugh everytime you notice them... hopefully
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results