shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor pictures and owner pictures of PS stones

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
This is my 1.3ct 6.8mm round brilliant traditional heat treated sapphire from Jeff White. His pictures are a lot better than mine. today was really cloudy, so the gem is reflecting a cloudy sky. It really is very clear. The one with the grey border was taken outside cupped under my hand, its blurry but shows off how vivid it can look at times. depending on the light it can look a bit different, but I was not disappointed going from what i saw in Jeff''s pics to real life.

karasapphcompare.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barry''s (very true to reality, his photo is better than mine):
tg-5559cn_1710_general.jpg

Mine:
mtgtsav1.JPG

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Red/Pink spinel by Gene at Precision - amazingly representative of true life appearance (even more than camera could catch!)

mahenge collage.JPG

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow I LOVE that colour!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2009 6:05:15 PM
Author: Allison D.
Red/Pink spinel by Gene at Precision - amazingly representative of true life appearance (even more than camera could catch!)
Gorgeous!
30.gif
Do you have a thread of this ring? I remember when you were talking about choosing a setting?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
D&T, that''s actually not a finished piece. That''s just a loose setting, and the Mahenge spinel is plopped into it.

It''s unlikely that stone will be actually set into that setting because it would lose the gorgeous sides in the bezel.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone Allison!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I just now realized I *finally* can contribute to this thread!

This is Dana''s picture. Master Cut Gems

Lavender spinel 7.1mm

20957.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is mine!

Copy of 100_12841.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael E (The Gem Shoppe) 6.2mm tourmaline
Vendor photo:
MEtourm1.jpg

My photos:
tabletoptm.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was not one of my best purchases! I bought this tri-coloured sapphire from an Ebay seller. Thaigemstone. The photo AND video matched the vendor''s photo as seen below. Unfortunately, it turned out that both were highly manipulated. Luckily, this gemstone was mega cheap and with the magic of an LOGR setting I''ve managed to all but close the window and it''s now a fairly attractive ring! A lesson in "if it looks too good to be true, it normal is"!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene of Precision Gem. Unheated Tanzanite. His picture as always was accurate, but the stone changes color depending on light source and angle, so I don't think the picture did it justice! But chances are, if you love it in his photo, you'll only love it more in real life.

His photo
bluenesses.jpg

My photo showing more blue
mtgtz4.JPG

My photo showing more purple
mtgtz2.JPG

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my sapphire from bill-tresconti on ebay. It''s a 0.91ct, 6.28 x 4.68 x 3.41 sapphire that is heat treated (and probably beryllium treated as well...disclosed after the auction closed but hardly surprising considering the price I paid).

The title of the auction said pink orange padparadscha sapphire but it really only looked pink in the photo, to my eyes and those of other PSers. But in real life this baby is far more orange than pink. I don''t blame the seller though, because I couldn''t get any of my photos to depict the orange either, so I''ll just give the seller the benefit of the doubt. But the coloring is much more like a sunstone or the shield pad that zeolite posted here.

sapphirevendorcomparisonsmall.jpg

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 4:45:40 PM
Author: AnthroMoon
Unfortunately, I do not have any stones to add but I wanted to thank you for starting this thread. This makes it much easier to shop online!

chrono pointed me to this thread

wow!! so many beautiful stones!
thank you all for doing this!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 5:03:28 PM
Author: Kismet
2.6ct indicolite tourmaline from gemline inc. Vendor pic on the left.

24003.jpg
kiz-bluetourm7.jpg
kiz-bluetourm3.jpg

holy smokes!!
this is beautifullllllllllll

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 12:59:06 AM
Author: yingh
Spessartite garnet from eBay seller biggiantgems Two vendor pictures on the right. My pictures were taken after recut by Richard Homer. (size went from 7+ct to 5.7ct without changes in table size)

just wondering
how much does recutting cost?

that is a beautiful orange

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
new - ish one to add
5.gif

precision spinel comper aj.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
This is a 2.35ct Umbalite garnet from best*auctions* on eBay. The vendor picture is the one in the middle, and my pictures surround it. The stone is actually rather pretty, and reminds me of the color of some of the Barry Bridgestock ones running around, but the color is totally off from the vendor picture.

UmbaliteVendorComparison.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
This is a collage of a 1.93ct pair of pink tourmalines that I bought from Bob Kast. His depiction of the stones is right on; he''s just a better photographer.
2.gif

TourmPairVendorComparison.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
This is a group of topazes that I bought from Multicolour. The vendor picts are on top. The color is a bit deeper than the vendor picts, but not as dark as my group picture. It''s somewhere in the middle. The blurry picture at the bottom is the best shot I''ve gotten that approximates the real color.

TopazVendorComparison.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s some apatite that I bought from Multicolour. It''s a pair of 1.8ct rounds and a 2.03ct pear. The vendor picts are on top, and mine are underneath. I''d say that the stones are more vibrant and slightly deeper in color in real life. There''s more teal and less aqua to them than the vendor pictures show, though in certain lights it''s fairly accurate (see bottom left picture).

ApatiteVendorComparison.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T, Making the Grade, Allison, Packrat, LovingDiamonds, AustenNut and Arjunajane THANK YOU for posting to this thread with your new pretties!! It is a very helpful thread thank you for taking the time to keep it going.
36.gif

LOVE all of your new stones.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 6:03:57 PM
Author: haagen_dazs

Date: 3/9/2009 5:03:28 PM
Author: Kismet
2.6ct indicolite tourmaline from gemline inc. Vendor pic on the left.

24003.jpg
kiz-bluetourm7.jpg
kiz-bluetourm3.jpg

holy smokes!!
this is beautifullllllllllll
I agree! This is definitely one of the most beautiful gems I''ve seen here in PS.

Let''s hope Kismet will make a thread of this gem with tons of pics!
30.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, I can finally add my tourmaline! Gene''s photo is amazingly right on, but doesn''t show any of the color play that the gem has IRL, since a photo simply can''t. Below, Gene''s photo next to mine.

precgemtourmcomparison2.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From AJS
Gem Type: Spinel
Pieces: 1 Pc
Weight: 1.76 Cts
Size: 8.85 x 6.61 x 4.03 mm
Shape: Oval
Cut: Step Cut
Clarity: Included
Origin: Mahenge, Tanzania
Enhancement: Unheated

Vendor Pic

My pics

Inside indirect light
P1000765today.jpg

outside indirect light
P1000719.jpg

-A

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent buying experience from Barry Bridgestock

BB vendor''s description
Hot Pink Sapphire: .88 ct.
Hot Pink Sapphire (J) .88 ct. 5.2 x 6.5 mm. [Gec: H] Cushion triangle cut. Just short of flawless at 10x with especially saturated slightly purplish medium dark pink color. Exceptionally vivid!

VENDOR IMAGE

S-4557B.jpg.JPG

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
real photo image

IMG_2669.jpg

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
another photo image
IMG_2609.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results