shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine''s Day: Details, Gifts, and Rants (Hopefully none!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Erin - Oooooh! The bad boy!! Like, 4 years ago, my bf gave me some cute little heart-shaped earrings to match the necklace he''d given me the previous V-day, and he sat me down on a chair, made me close my eyes, and then kneeled in front of me holding this tiny little box!!!
32.gif

Buena - I''m so glad your cute kitty is doing well! My sister''s kitten did that hissing growly thing after she got spayed, but the vet said it was because she was still high on anesthesia and was hallucinating!!

Great stories ladies!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Glad everyone had a successful and happy valentine''s day. Even though my darling husband is deployed he found the time to order flowers for me. The card had a sappy love message. He also sent me an e-card, which was very sweet. I miss that man! Has it been a year yet?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
FTLOD -- your husband is the sweetest, that was so thoughtful of him!

Ally -- is the biodome the place where they made those scientists live for like 4 years with out leaving to see if people could build these things and live on other planets sustainably?

Erin -- The pierced finger is making me laugh SO HARD.

Everyone sounds like they had such a good Vday. Mine will be celebrated March 4, so far away. And March 6. Hehe....I don''t get to see my bf until then and while we usually just do the nice dinner/hotel stuff we decided we''d each plan a surprise night out. We''re just using Vday as an excuse. I''m trying to get him to surprise me more...so I figured saying ok you plan this day and surprise me was as close as I''d get! Hehe is that bad?

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to get him to surprise me more...so I figured saying ok you plan this day and surprise me was as close as I''d get! Hehe is that bad?

Blue- I think that''s great! I think there''s a saying something like,"Train your man early".

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Valentine's morning I woke up and cleaned the apartment. BF asked me if I can stop by at his work. He left for a bit. He had this huge smile on his face when he came back. He asked me if I wanted to have my gift. I said I will wait to open it at home. He was so excited to show me how the gift was wrapped. So he goes to his car and took it from the trunk. He pulled a grey medium sized box tied with a red ribbon out of a grey Saks bag. So now I know where he was. I kinda new, a couple of weeks ago I saw some yummy lip gloss from Dior. But I thought that box was way too big for it. He knew what I was thinking so he told me that the lip gloss I liked sold out. But he got me something really nice and he can't wait for me to open it.

I finally left his work and was able to finish up his surprise. BF loves scratching lottery tickets for fun so I got him five "Lucky 7's" and another five "Lucky Shamrocks". I never really win, when I scratch those tickets, so I was hoping he will with all that "Luck".
21.gif
I got him a small green vase
with purple orchids. Which I placed in the center of our dining table. This floral arrangement was so simple but so elegant at the same time. It reminded me of tiny flower arrangements you see in hotel suites. BF loves scented candles, so I bought two small and a large green candles called "Wellness". These candles smell so yummy like lime. The small ones are to scent the bedroom and the large one is to scent the living room. I also got him some "Kisses". I formed an I and a U out of the silver ones and a heart out of the red ones on the glass table. BF loves to play golf so I got him a Golf Digest. Of course not to forget the card that simply described us both saying...

Sometimes we'll be piled on the couch, wearing sweats, eating the kind of ice cream we like, watching our favorite TV show, talking in the shorthand way we talk that nobody understands, and I'll realize that this, this everyday, simple, no-big-deal moment...
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Shortly before he came home at 5:30pm I lit up all candles to scent the apartment. Dimmed the lights for a dramatic entrance. I get ready for our dinner at 6pm. He comes home and he was totally surprised. He loved every detail.

Then it was my turn. He gave me my gift. I anxiously untie the red ribbon, open the box. Peal off the sticker from the tissue paper. I see a brown cotton bag with an orange tassel. I see a small Coach sign botton right. My eyes glow and I open the bag and pull out a sweet
pink signature pouch. He is so thoughtful. Since he got me a tiny coin purse in pink for Christmas. He thought it'll be nice to have a matching pink bag for that little fellow. I was so surprised and I love it.

Shortly before we left for dinner, BF scratched all his tickets. Guess what, he won $26. Woooohoooo!!!
21.gif

At 6pm we head to a local american/seafood restaurant called Catch. We chose the Valentine's three course menu. Champagne to toast. Appetizer: Calamari for me and Green Salad for BF. Main Course: Tilapia & Gnocchi for me and Lobster & Risotto for BF. Wine: Pinot Grigio. Dessert: Lemon Curd for me and Hot Apple Pie and coffee for BF. The waiter gave us complimentary dessert wine aswell. And to end the lovely dinner the restaurant gave us a box of chocolate. The Valentine's Menu was delicious and spectacular.

Back at home in our cozy pajamas... relaxed on the couch... we watched Notebook and ate some Caramel Pecan ice-cream. Yummy!
We had a wonderful time. And I see all of you did too!
emrose.gif

*********************************************************************************************************
Croi: I love your cards you gave each other. I hope your mom had a wonderful birthday. I saw some pics of your site. It's beautiful!
Appletini: Love roses - specially sent to the office!
9.gif
Yours must be sooooo gorgeous!
Ginger: How sweet your your BF surprised you with the champagne bruch at the zoo and I hope you enjoyed your dinner too!
1.gif

GG: Sounds romantic to me! So birthday is coming up... do I smell something!? I didn't mean the yummy steak
2.gif
Fatafelice: Your dinner sounds nice. Your dessert made my mouth water. Godiva chocolates - yumm!
3.gif

Amma: What a sweet boy you have! You only need one... then you get both... horray!
10.gif

Icekid: Good luck on your exam. And have fun on your BF's b-day.
Lauren: Awwwwwwwww how sweet "to my future wife"... that'll make me weep.
1.gif

Teebee: We watched the same movie too... I was touched a lot of times throughout the movie. It is truly romantic.
emlove.gif

Buenagirl: I'm glad Kazi is better.
emcat.gif

Erin: Yeah, for your new pair of bling! But I hope you get the real one girl soon! Your BF is a teaser
2.gif
Dobie: I vote for see through boxes!!!
Melissa: Have fun on your Valentines with your FI. Let us know how it was. How sweet your FI came by at your work.
Ally: Adore sushi. Cirque du Soleil will be amazing. Saw it on TV but never live.
KimberJEB: Love the BATH idea!
NJC: Yum... chocolate dipped strawberries and raspberries.
18.gif

Noonersmom: I agree with you Valentine's should be every day.
JCJD: Awwwwwwwwww, how thoughtful of your FI.

36.gif
Boys surprise us all the time don't they!
36.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Buena G-

I''ll be thinking of your sweet Kazi & am wishing some good mojo his way! Hope he feels better soon!

Tell him Ella & Joffery kitties send their best too!

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
It''s so fun to read everyone else''s stories about Valentine''s day! We had a great night.
We''re pretty bad at planning stuff...so as of 2:30 we had NO dinner plans!
6.gif

I work at a local tv station, producing a morning show so I work with a lot of chef''s that come and cook for the shows...so I just happened to call one of them to ask if they had ANY spots open at all for the night. He said "Sure, what time do yall want to come?" He was wondefully great to even let us in, but we even got to sit at the captians table!

We got there and Ron (the chef) brought us a plate of sushi...then a plate of lettuce wraps!
The food was AWESOME. I had halibut, John had orange roughy...It''s an Asian-Fusion place...Both dishes were served with rice and steamed veggies.

Then to top that off....He brings us a Grand Marnier Creme Brulee! SOOO DIVINE!!

After we were completely stuffed...the waiter said "can i get you guys anything else" and I just asked for the ticket, and he said, "oh don''t worry about it, Ron''s taken care of it!" CAN YALL BELIEVE THAT?!?!?

After that, we went to John''s house (his Mom had gotten me a Valentine! How sweet!)
And then back to my apt to share gifts. OHH I FORGOT A BIG PART OF THE WHOLE NIGHT!! HAHA
41.gif

HE SHOWED UP AT THE DOOR WITH A DOZEN ROSES!!!! They were awesome- plus, he''s not a big flower person-they''re the first he''s gotten me! (and it''s almost been 4 years!! ) They were beautiful.

So we were opening our gifts...I''m short on money (seems like I always am!!) and so I got him a $15 Itunes card, some of those conversation hearts (he loves them) and these playing cards with funny conversation starters for couples on them. He was way too excited about that I tunes thing!

He MADE my card!!! I am OBSESSED with US Weekly, In Touch, etc...the card was designed as a magazine, with a pic of us on the front and it said "hollywood''s newest it couple". then he wrote some sweet stuff on the inside.
He also got me a year''s subscription to the magazine (which by the way, is more expensive than I thought!)

All in all, it was such a great night...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
After reading your Valentine''s day stories I wanted to add mine since it''s super special to us, our 2nd anniversary!

We spent the early part of the day arguing whether or not the new side door (from Home Depot) for our house would be able to fit into my old pathfinder. It did, but i needed serious convincing and a tape measure to be certain. He spent the afternoon replacing the side door, did an excellent job too. We''re in at the very beginning stages of a remodel of a 1940''s stucco house we bought a few months ago.

Dinner plans included a trip to the local Culinary school''s restaurant for their Valentine''s dinner, a special production they do. It was amazing, several courses of the most flavorfull food I''ve had in a while. My husband ate things he NEVER lets pass his lips! They had a nice wine selection as well and the dessert pushed us over the edge of comfortable to "OMG...I''m miserable, stuffed." I''d do it again!

I waited until we downed our first glass of wine then brought out the "Anniversary" gift a humorus little dice and board game called The SEX Game. I seriously did not think he''d open it and spread it out on our table but he did. Most of the other diners near us couldn''t help but notice, given away by the big spreading smiles across their faces. It was hilarious so I just let him have his fun.

At dessert we exchanged cards and the serious gifts. I love the diamond and platinum earrings he gave he. They''re very dainty and exactly what I needed for everyday wear, they''re like tiny buttons with mini diamonds in the center.For him I found a vintage (or preowned) Tudor watch in pristine condition (a Rolex product essentially) he loved it! He lost his rolex a few years ago I am told, cave diving. Unfortunately now is not the time to replace it so this was the next best thing.

I hope all of you had as great a day as I did!

lethologica

Rough_Rock
Lol at the pierced finger!

We decided to leave our Valentines day until Tuesday as my boyfriend works Sunday aswell as Monday and I go to uni Monday.

However having "borrowed" his spare car key on Sunday night, I got up and left the house extra early and sneaked into his garden to leave a Valentines card and little box of wrapped "chocolate kisses" on the driver seat. Didn''t hear from him all day but went straight to his house from uni to go walk the dog that he''s looking after. Called him as he was leaving work to find that he''d used his spare key to my house to deliver Valentines presents and card on his way to work.

He met me at his house and later we went back to my house to exchange presents, he''d got me a teddy with a red heart on it''s paw as I''d mentioned earlier in the week that I should put have a cuddly toy or something strapped into the rear seat of my car, a frosted glass keepsake with the words

My Girlfriend
You are the one I love, the one I want to be with night and day.
You light up my world and make life worth living in every single way.
I am so glad that I met you and for the happiness we have found.
You are my everything, being with you has made me so proud.
I hope on this day that you will feel the love I have for you...
...and that this day will never end because you love me the same way too.

I''d bought him a little glass heart token thing (below!) a couple of CDs, and a Thorntons chocolate heart thing.
c_spacetoken2hearts.jpg

Yesterday after I''d finished uni at about midday, we borrowed his cousins dog and took both dogs to the beach (about a half hour away) for a walk along the sand. Despite the wind and coldness it was nice, in the evening we went to a chinese restaurant for a meal - probably saved a small fortune by doing so the day after Valentines Day rather than on it!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Everyone looks like they had a happy Valentine''s Day

Blue: You are so cute! No the biodome is this place where they have animals. For example crocodiles. But they are not in a cage. Basically the people replicated an entire portion of their natural habitat. So there''s this huge, huge room which is the tropical rainforest. Everything is there, the vegetation, soil, other animals that would be found with the crocodile (ex turtles, frogs). Complete with the heavy, heavy humid heat. They do a lot of conservation work there. It''s beautful and so friendly to the animals.

Hearts! What a sweet boyfriend! And the candles are so thoughtful.

Amaleekeel: Creme Brulee... hmm don''t even get me started. The most tasty dessert ever.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 6:14:13 PM
Author: heartsonfire

saying...

Sometimes we''ll be piled on the couch, wearing sweats, eating the kind of ice cream we like, watching our favorite TV show, talking in the shorthand way we talk that nobody understands, and I''ll realize that this, this everyday, simple, no-big-deal moment...
HAPPY VALENTINE''S DAY

HeartsonFire -I almost bought that same card for FI.. but I went with another one instead! I really liked that one.. but I got one just a tad more sappy..

We''re going out tonite for valentines day. but he brought me another gift last night after work.. These little foot booties that you can warm up in the microwave and put them on your feet when they are sore or tired or cold. Which was really nice after my 2 twelve + hour days. And he gave me a foot rub and I think a backrub... (I fell asleep somewhere in there.. lol..) He''s so sweet.

Oh yeah.. his mom got me a shirt and a card for Valentines Day too.. And his sister sent me (us) a card last week. It said "On Valentines Day Brother and "sister" .. just thinking how very sepcial you two are.. and how much it means to have you as family and friends.. Happy Valentines Day!" I thought that was SOOO sweet. She''s only 18.. so it means a lot to me that she thinks enough of me to send a card (she sent it to my house, not to his)

Tonite we are probably just going out to dinner and for dessert and maybe the movies (He says we''re going to the movies, but I''m not sure I want to.). I''ll let you girls know how that goes. Its kind of nice that we get to have a three day long valentines day. We did that for my birthday one year too. It was fun! We need to spread all holidays out into three days!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
J and I had a nice, simple v-day together. For festivities he took me out to the restaurant with the best vegetarian food in Boston (I''m vegetarian), they also have excellent non-vegetarian food. It''s called Helmand, it serves Afghani cuisine, and I highly recommend it to the other Boston folk. Then we exchanged gifts...we decided to keep it small this year, due to ummm...recent purchases
31.gif

I made him a bag out of red velvet and pink satin, and I filled it with a bunch of goodies, like gourmet cookies, chocolate covered espresso beans, etc. It SMELLED heavenly. He got me the sewing machine somewhat recently, so I''m hardly a pro, but I think I did a pretty good job appliqueing a satin heart onto the velvet and lining it with the satin. It even has a drawstring.
4.gif

He really outdid himself though...he made me a card. I make our christmas cards, and have all the "tools", embossing powders, special cutters, lining paper, etc. He dug those out, and used them to make mine. On the front he put pictures of Johnny Damon, Tom Brady and Aragorn (Viggo Morgenstern)...my heart-throbs.
30.gif
On the inside he put a picture of himself with the words (embossed), "Choices, choices, choices...so glad you picked me". And then more mushy stuff. It was the best card I''ve ever gotten, I can''t believe he made it! As for the gift...well, it''s kind of a joke. There is this japanese playstation game (I believe I''ve fessed up to being an xbox girl, and we have a playstation too) called Rez. It is like a normal game, except there is another attached...ummm...controller...that vibrates in response to whomever is playing the game. So yes, it''s basically a remote control vibrator. He got me that. Yes, that''s my honey...a remote control video-game controlled vibrator. A nice story for the kids.
11.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oooh..I finally get to tell you girls about my valentines day. Jeff came home from school early.. (he has been a chronic class skipper this semester)..And he brought me presents. He got me a book called "Our Wedding Scrapbook" by Darcy Miller.. its really cute.. check it out at www.darcymiller.net and also a bunch of the True Blue Spa stuff from bath and body works that I LOVE. He got a ton of it.. and the stuff is not cheap.. so I was excited about that. i will be good and moisturized and exfoliated.. And I gave him his car part.. lol.. What a romantic gift..
Then.. I took a nap.. lol.. he was a little annoyed at me for that.. but I was SLEEPY! He snuggled in bed with me for most of the time.. but he got bored after a while..
Then at about 5 we went out for dinner. We were gonna go somewhere downtown.. but I really was craving spaghetti, so we went to olive garden instead.. LOL.. good old olive garden. I had a REALLY good peach sangria there though.. yummy. We got dessert there too.. and the went to the movie theatres that were right across the street and saw hitch. It was very cute.. but very predictable.. However.. there is a GORGEOUS wedding dress at the end! LOVED IT! It was a good movie though.

So we had a good "fake" valentines day.. as we call it.. :)
On the bright side though.. Only 463 days till our wedding!

Melissa

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much to everyone that wished Kazi get-well thoughts! It was stressful that his surgery was on V-day, but everything worked out for the best. He''s the only cat that my b/f likes, so he would have been pretty upset as well if the surgery had not gone well.

The patient seems to be feeling a little better everyday. He gets his stitches out soon (next week?).

I loved reading more great V-day stories from everyone. Glad to hear that there are lots of romantic guys out there treating their girls well
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
BG, I''m so glad Kazi is ok!!

Erin, I love the pierced finger!!

AMA, I love that Us Weekly card--so thoughtful! I''m also a gossip-mag hound
4.gif
And we were WAY later--we didn''t decide where to eat until after 9pm and then we just showed up--luckily getting a table.

So glad all of you girls had such wonderful days
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve not been on PS and the LIW much this week. It''s not that V-Day had me feeling down directly--more unconsciously, I guess. If you''d asked me LAST valentine''s if I''d still be waiting on the list this year''s v-day--and back in CA living at home with my PARENTS at almost 31 for god''s sake--I would have assumed you were smoking crack. Things are fine, but I just tried to think of it as a hallmark holiday b/c nothing he could do--well ONE thing, and hell hasn''t frozen over yet, to borrow from Erin--would really make me forget the limbo I''m feeling. I know, I''m kind of a buzzkill--I''m forgetting how to enjoy the moment. ANYWAY, my bf was sweet even though I''d claimed it was a "bogus" holiday. He called in the AM and asked if he could stop over and grab some breakfast. (He never has food in his house and usually rides his bike over and makes some toast or something.) ANyway, he showed up with these BEAUTIFUL amaryllis flowers-white streaked with red-3 stems with a BUNCH of flowers and bulbs, and 2 cards. So breakfast was just a ruse. VERY sweet of him, but I''ve been feeling this bratty malaise all week, so I hope I wasn''t too unappreciative. Anyway, card and choco. from my dad later in the day and then I caved and got cards for everyone. My dog gave a very cute card to the bf too
1.gif
And we had a nice dinner out and overall it was MELLOW.

FTLOD, how WONDERFUL of your hubby, even from far away!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results