shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine''s Day: Details, Gifts, and Rants (Hopefully none!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

Happy Valentine''s Day! I wanted to start a thread so that everyone could share what their sweet, gorgeous men did for them. Of course I know most of the posts will only come tonight.
35.gif
Hope everyone has a good day
9.gif

Ally

Croí

Shiny_Rock
hi Alley !

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE !

well, my sweet darling Peter gave me a silly-naughty card with a poem about my arse !!! (which may need it''s own zip code one day - hehe!) He is rather fond of it himself though and where he ever found this card, I have no idea but it made me laugh and was very fun. I had a similiar one for him - a Purple Ronnie card, they are the best ! -
" I have a little something to tell you,
I hope you don''t mind if I do,
No-one is so deliciously gorgeous
or scrumptiously sexy as you ! "

I have two more aswell, for later - a fiance one!! fun ! the only time I''ll get to give him one of those ! - and a soppy-sentimental one. I also got him a really nice wooden games set, with chess, checkers etc. We have some board games and play cards a good bit and have been saying we''d get a good games box - so I thought it would be fun. I was going to get him some golf stuff but that isn''t something we do together so I changed my mind !

today is a good day ! it''s also my Mom''s birthday AND I got an e-mail confirming we can have the venue I had really wanted ! hoorah ! hoorah ! can''t wait to read everyone''s stories !

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just had some beautiful red roses delived to my office!!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
ooh apple ! lovely lovely - red roses are always PERFECT !

congrats ! enjoy them !!!

*hugs*
C

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Appletini: That''s so sweet. Nothing like getting flowers delivered! Enjoy them
36.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
My Valentine''s started yesterday morning...my honey surprised me...totally surprised me with a champagne brunch at the ZOO with a special presentation (for adults only) on animal love!!! it was THE cutest thing! I spent the morning with yummy berry filled mimosas (yum!), cooing at Babs (short for "big ass bunny"...her head was almost as big as mine!!!) and giggling at the slightly risque presentation filled with (of course) corny jokes and innuendos! It was so much fun! He was teasing me the whole morning about the expression on my face when he pulled into the zoo...
25.gif
I was so surprised! At midnight he showed up at my door with a red rose and told me to get dressed cuz he was taking me for a midnight snack at House of Pies (I am a notoriously rabid midnite cravings) so I happily threw on my sweats and ran out the door, smack into two dozen roses he had waiting outside!
30.gif
Tonight he''s taking me to some fancy dinner...won''t tell me where though! Every year he a books a new restaurant that we''ve never been to, and every year its been super yum, so I''m excited!
36.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
ginger!! What a fabulous Valentine''s you''re having... and it''s not even over yet!!
30.gif

Far as I can tell, our plans consist of grilling steaks and snuggling up to a movie. I''m never huge on Valentine''s Day, mostly just want to spend some time with my sweetie.

Plus I have a birthday coming up in three short weeks, he''ll need to save his time, money and energy for that!!
2.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Ginger! Your man sounds very thoughtful, creative, and romantic...you are a very lucky lady! I can''t to hear about where he takes you for dinner! I am such a foodie!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger: What a planner!!! That sounds like such a fun holiday for you!

My BF will be working late tonight (as usual), so yesterday he grilled a london broil and made mini chocolate lava cakes in heart-shaped molds. It was the first time we tried the recipe, and they didn''t quite turn out like we expected, but he always puts so much effort into baking/cooking for me that it makes me all warm and fuzzy!
30.gif

This morning I opened my car to find a box of Godiva waiting for me! I adore Godiva and it''s kind of a Valentines tradition for us. That''s all I''m expecting because we decided to keep V-Day low key this year (saving for other, very important purchases...). I bought him a nice bottle of scotch and I hope he gets home early enough to enjoy a glass or two!

I hope eveyone else has a fantastic and supr-romantic V-day! Hopefully there will be some names crossed off tomorrow!!!
31.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky girls! The flowers in the office sound nice, I''d love to be surprised at my office...guess I have to find a job where i HAVE an office first
2.gif

Ginger, that sounds like so much fun! I emailed that to my bf and I was like SEEEEE some guys do plan cute things! Hehe, not to complain because he really treats me well, but I''m trying to get him to plan things on his own and surprising me, instead of wondering if I''ll be ok with every detail. I have to wait til march to see what he has planned.

I hope all you other girls are enjoying your Valentines Day and will be having fun tonight!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going out to a yummy dinner tonight. We''ve been to the restaurant before and it''s fantastic. They have Valentine''s Day pre fix... which usually scares me, but my lovely schmoopie asked the restaurant to fax him the menu to ensure that there were things that I would like.
30.gif
Love that boy...

Also, Saturday we were out walking around (and trying on some GORGEOUS rings...) and one of the places we stopped was a glasses store since I need new sunglasses. There were two pairs that I loved and he loved on me. I was only going to buy one, but he loved them so much that he bought me the more expensive pair! Again, love that boy...
30.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
awww, you guys have such thoughtful boyfriends!! GINGER, that sounds like pretty much the best valentines ever- possibly could be made better if leon had finished your ring really really early
3.gif

but we''re not really doing anything... i have a huge exam on friday, and bf never gets home anymore before 7:30 or 8. so basically i''ve been studying all day, took a break to work out (and errrrr waste some time on PS). so i think my valentine''s will pretty much be a bust.

bf''s birthday is satuday so i think i''m just going to save all of the presents for then. he got me a vermont teddy bear- the doctor one, which is nice but i have one that is really similar that my parents sent me when i was really sick at college. i''d have preferred flowers really. maybe he will bring me some home later. i sound like such a spoiled brat! he''s not very good at the whole present thing though. i guess i am just gifted at knowing what people will love
3.gif

happy valentine''s day ladies! i hope everyone has a wonderful day
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Weston is cooking dinner as we speak.
1.gif

I came home to a vase full of roses, and we exchanged gifts this evening. Sex & The City for me and Legos for him! Complete with sappy and extremely well written cards ( this year's contained the phrase "to my future wife" in closing) - something that floors me every year and reduces me to tears.
1.gif

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day with their sweety!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I received 2 dozen roses!! But my fiance''s office is right next to a florist and the lady that owns it is 80 years old and so sweet but I think she keeps on the ball when it comes to sending me flowers. Then we went to dinner ~ nothing too fancy because we didn''t want to wait forever ~ and then we watched "The Notebook" which he rented yesterday because he saw some commercial that said it was the "most romantic movie of the year"... awww, he''s a sweet boy.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock

B/f gave me

emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
at work. I was shocked! I don''t think he''s ever given me anything during work. It has usually been before or after work at either his place or mine.

Went to dinner and food was excellent.

But the best part of today was the good news concerning my family''s cat. His name is Kazi (see picture below) and he had surgery today because of a cancerous tumor. The cancer had not spread to his blood or bones, and the tumor was on a muscle, which the vet said was good because she could remove the tumor better. The good news is that the vet thinks she was able to remove all of it and he should be ok. He is resting comfortably at home. B/f and I went to visit him after we ate dinner.

Kazi is so funny b/c he''s like a tough, streetwise cat. He was SO MAD that he had surgery! My sister said that when they went to pick him up, he was hissing and making a big fuss. When we visited him, he still tried to act tough like his usual self. But when he tries to walk, he makes a deep growling "I''m in pain" sound like how people sometimes do when they limp around after a major surgery.

Copy a.JPG

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
One more picture of Kazi. We photoshopped the red-eye out of this picture of him.
Oh yeah, he''s 12 years old.

Copy of DSCN0214b.JPG

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, Buena, glad your kitty is ok
1.gif
He''s a cutie

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I got diamonds for V-day!!!

1/2c earrings - came in a small jewelry box, too.

my heart was pounding

I absolutely love them but I think my bf is insane

icekid

Ideal_Rock
diamonds stud earrings are GREAT... but... is he trying to give you a heart attack Erin?!?!?! you need to kick that boy in the butt
3.gif

dobie

Rough_Rock
I must be insane. I, too, gave my GF a pair of diamond stud earrings for V-day. They were boxed in one of those very nice wooden boxes stuffed in a Zales V-day bear. Are there any differences between ring boxes and earring boxes? Different sizes? They should make these boxes with a clear top so people can see right away what is inside. Anyone makes small crystal jewellery boxes for rings, earrings, etc?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hey girls!! I''m glad you all had great valentines day. I had to work ALLL day yesterday (9am-11pm) and ALL day today (10am-11pm) so we''re not actually having our official valentines day til tomorrow evening. I was a little bummed out in the morning, but then Jeff came into my night job (I Knew he was coming, it wasn''t a suprise.. I talked to him in the afternoon and asked if he was coming and if he was going to bring me anything.. lol..) He brought me chocolates and a card that made me cry..
I got some stuff for him too to give to him last night.. some candy and a poker set.. and this book called "why I love you" that I bought yesterday afternoon at target and then sat in the parking lot in target and read it and BAWLED my eyes out. I highly recommend it. Its saippy.. but soo sweet and real. Its 100 reasons or something. Like one of them was. . "I love you because when I can''t sleep you rub my back." There is a whole series of the books.. One is Why a Daughter Needs a dad, which made me cry just as much when I bought it for my daddy last year. So I gave him that stuff at work.. Then basically after work we just went home and snuggled in bed for a little while....but not very long.. since it was already midnight by the time we got home

I don''t know what we will do tomorrow..Hopefully something fun!

buenagirl - I''m glad your kitty is okay!! He''s SOOOOO cute!!!

Erin - Boys and the small boxes. They should know better!! Earrings are nice though. I''d like diamond earrings for v-day.. but I also already have my ring!!!

Croí

Shiny_Rock
oh ! everyone has the best stories ! we are all so lucky to have found such really great guys !

my darling gave me flowers and then (when that died down and I thought ''that''s it'' and was totally happy as I wasn''t expecting anything much since we DO have our wedding in ten weeks !!)
he came out with a box of Godiva choccies (YUM!) and then I''m chattering away like a loon (my usual status!) and he goes off and come back with another bag, this time from Victoria''s Secret with a gift card inside !!

I''m so spoiled to bits !!! I love this wonderful man SO much !!

36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

Well my Valentines day is complete:

a) Went to biodome (its this indoor complete ecosystem thing) lots of animals there. One of my favorite places in the world)
b) Got a stuffed groundhog holding a flower
c) Fancy suishi dinner yesturday (surprise because I''ve never been there)
d) Three different boxes of chocolate
e) Tickets for the cirque du soleil in June! I super excited about that because the cirque is the most amazing show

But the best thing he bought me was my card. He wrote the sweetest things and I just cried when I saw it. I''m not a cryer. I''ve cried maybe once in our whole nine year relationship due to sentimental reasons, so it was really incredible.

Well everyone seems to be getting really spoiled! I love to hear the stories, so keep them coming
9.gif

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
I had class from 9am - 9pm yesterday. (Not straight, but I commute so I have to stay there). It was just a really BAD day, crazy prof who decided to assign us a 10 page paper due in a week, etc. I drove the hour home, upset, tired stressed...

Walked in, the house had candles lit, he put red roses by the bed, and had a BATH ready for me. And gave me a really sweet card. It was so nice. Oh, and he cleaned the house really well.

Anyway, it was just what I needed after my crappy day. :)

Oh - he was going to cook us dinner, but I wanted to just go to bed, I was REALLY tired.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing fancy here... I got a beautiful dozen red roses and i fixed us a fabulous dinner including chocolate dipped strawberries and raspberries. MMMmmmmm...
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
There was no dieting last night!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
So happy everyone got sweet surprises from their honeys!

Erin - small box -> eeek! Although it could be the perfect set-up. Now you won''t be sure when you see a small box whether it is your ring or something else. It could make it more of a surprise!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Buena you could be right - last year for my birthday (July - after the e-purchase) I got a 1/2c diamond pendant on a gold necklace - not an omega - more like a box chain only rounded but he had the pendant wrapped seperately (small box)

People at work are asking if I''m going to pierce my finger - gross but funny

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
oh man, Erin, 2 small jewelry boxes and still no ring !?!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Erin...that boy is trying to psyche you out! LOL.

Glad to hear everyone had a lovely day!

We don''t celebrate vday so much. I think it''s a hallmark holiday. Also, I feel vday should be everyday! We surprise each other throughout the year....we pick up little things for each other while traveling. It''s been english toffee in portland, pottery in Arizona, earings from another place, etc for me. Last thing I picked up for him was cast iron frying pans (he loooves to cook)! BF & I ate together, but with separate dishes....soup for him, penne a la vodka for me. He wasn''t thinking & scheduled major work at the dentist for yesterday, as when he scheduled it was the only day open. LOL. We''ll make a nice dinner together later in the week when he''s able to properly chew & enjoy the meal. LOL.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve been so busy lately that we''re not celebrating V-day until THIS Saturday, but he did the sweetest thing for me on Saturday!!

First, I was giving a talk at a graduate student symposium Sat morning. Nothing huge, just a methods talk cause I have zero data, but I''ve been to tons of meetings already, and this was the first time he could come to see me talk. So that was awesome of him!! Then, after that long long day (I was also on the planning committee of that symposium), we met up again at my apartment, and he shows me this note he''d written on my computer (he has my spare key so he did this while I was at the symposium). Some background - my poor computer is so old, bought it new in 1999, and my processor fan was going out. It was really loud and would stop running sometimes. Well, he''d been trying to get a new fan for me for a while, but couldn''t find one - until Saturday!!! His note said (Turn me [the computer] on!), so we did, and it was so quiet!!!!! The previous fan could have woken my neighbors, it was so loud! Plus, he had a Word document open that said "I LOVE YOU" in huge red letters and had set my screen saver to say I LOVE YOU too!!!!! Awwwww!!!!! He''s so sweet!!!! And he quickly followed up with "Oh! and this isn''t for Valentine''s day!"
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
He''s so cute!!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results