carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH! And I forgot to mention.

The first night there, I was getting dolled up for dinner and not paying attention to him. He was fumbling around, getting ready too, and took something out and said something. He talks fast, and I wasn't paying attention, so I missed what was going on. So he got closer, called my attention, and showed me a lovely elongated velvet jewelry box.

WTF. I don't want no bracelet, I want my ring!

Worse? I got excited anyway, because who doesn't love surprises, and who doesn't love bling?
He opened the damned box, and it was just cash inside.
He used the box to store cash in his duffel bag.

He laughed at me, and asked, "You don't recognize this box?" It's from an engraved bracelet I bought for him 2 years ago. FML.

The bastard trolled me.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1348683175|3275006 said:

The first night there, I was getting dolled up for dinner and not paying attention to him. He was fumbling around, getting ready too, and took something out and said something. He talks fast, and I wasn't paying attention, so I missed what was going on. So he got closer, called my attention, and showed me a lovely elongated velvet jewelry box.

Worse? I got excited anyway, because who doesn't love surprises, and who doesn't love bling?

He laughed at me, and asked, "You don't recognize this box?" It's from an engraved bracelet I bought for him 2 years ago. FML.

The bastard trolled me.

I just laughed so hard at the last line. Thanks for that, Madelise. I've been in a sh*t @ss resentment funk for the past two days... but that cheered me up a bit.

I would have been soooooo ticked off if that was me! I don't think I would have contained my anger/disappointment.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1348696336|3275130 said:

The bastard trolled me.

I just laughed so hard at the last line. Thanks for that, Madelise. I've been in a sh*t @ss resentment funk for the past two days... but that cheered me up a bit.

I would have been soooooo ticked off if that was me! I don't think I would have contained my anger/disappointment.

LOL! I'm just so glad he didn't do it with a ring box! I would have really hurt him then! I actually laughed forever, in between yelling at him for being mean. He's an ass sometimes.. :rolleyes:

Luckily, I wasn't in a super high sensitive/emotional, expecting a proposal type of mood, or I might have cried!

Why're you in a funk, girl! What's been going on with you!

BeautyQueen

Rough_Rock
madelise|1348205440|3272055 said:
:nono: naughty, guys! I can't reveal :saint: I'm actually hoping he doesn't remember that I snooped, as I was kind of buzzed when this happened, then got drunk after. He yelled at me for ruining his plans, though. Maybe I'll reveal when he actually proposes.

lktx - awww, I'm so sorry! I hate long distance drives :( plan date nights together regularly to keep the spark alive :)) and to give you guys something to look forward to during tiring days at work!

llc - YOUKENDOIT!!!! :appl: kicka$$, girl. Suffer now for 2 years, and have an AMAZING life after! Think of all those days off you'll have! And how much bling you can buy when you're done!

I am always a little buzzed when i get the need to snoop , its the liquid courage :naughty:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Big Update:

SO BOUGHT A RING!!! :appl:

We went shopping with the intention of just looking, and I was hoping to convince him that buying online would be better. A local jeweler in Boston showed us a gorgeous diamond that would keep us within budget, and we just felt it was right to get it there. The setting is being custom made, so in about 3 weeks, SO should have a finished ring. I am planning on BEGGING him to let me sneak a peek just take snap a couple pictures and post them, because neither of us got pictures while shopping. I am incredibly excited!!!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sweetpea&babycorn|1348968254|3276664 said:
Big Update:

We went shopping with the intention of just looking, and I was hoping to convince him that buying online would be better. A local jeweler in Boston showed us a gorgeous diamond that would keep us within budget, and we just felt it was right to get it there. The setting is being custom made, so in about 3 weeks, SO should have a finished ring. I am planning on BEGGING him to let me sneak a peek just take snap a couple pictures and post them, because neither of us got pictures while shopping. I am incredibly excited!!!!!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! YOU KNOW M'S RULES :naughty:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Big Update:

:appl: :appl: I'm so happy for you!! Can't wait to see it!!! Hope you don't have to wait too long ~~~DUST~~~

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1348718564|3275290 said:
MBKRH|1348696336|3275130 said:

The bastard trolled me.

LOL! I'm just so glad he didn't do it with a ring box! I would have really hurt him then! I actually laughed forever, in between yelling at him for being mean. He's an a$$ sometimes.. :rolleyes:

Luckily, I wasn't in a super high sensitive/emotional, expecting a proposal type of mood, or I might have cried!

Just the typical everyday happenings of engagements, etc....... I have my good days and bad days. You think I'd be used to it by now! :lol:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Big Update:

Fabulous news!!!! I am so excited for you. Wow... dust, dust, dust!!!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1349017598|3276831 said:

Just the typical everyday happenings of engagements, etc....... I have my good days and bad days. You think I'd be used to it by now! :lol:

Oh, poo, same here. I get excited some days, get "blah" some days, antsy other days.. damned roller coaster! I also went and spent quadruple my monthly budget (which is easy since my budget is fairly low considering my nonexistent work hours) on a sparkly that I was emotionally entangled with, and was distraught over its owner's changes of heart. I seriously went through an emotional roller coaster with that item for 2 weeks! Looking back, I think I am just so damned emotionally…. off.. due to all this engagement/engagement ring crap.. that I just succumbed to my easily disturbed emotions' wants.

This month's credit card bill wasn't too happy with me. I don't think it will look happy for a while :nono:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, poo, same here. I get excited some days, get "blah" some days, antsy other days.. damned roller coaster! I also went and spent quadruple my monthly budget (which is easy since my budget is fairly low considering my nonexistent work hours) on a sparkly that I was emotionally entangled with, and was distraught over its owner's changes of heart. I seriously went through an emotional roller coaster with that item for 2 weeks! Looking back, I think I am just so damned emotionally…. off.. due to all this engagement/engagement ring crap.. that I just succumbed to my easily disturbed emotions' wants.

This month's credit card bill wasn't too happy with me. I don't think it will look happy for a while :nono:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Such exciting news all around! So happy to hear about all this progress ladies! I hope your BFs all surprise you soon!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Sweetpea!! :appl: :appl: Looking forward to seeing/reading more about this! How excited are you right now? !

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I heard on the family grapevine SO's brother is getting engaged soon. The rumors were true! On Friday night SO and I both recieved a text asking if we might be able to help out on the night. ! So on a November weekend we will be headed to a paticular beach, where SO and I had our first date which makes it doubly fun, and setting up the proposal spot on the sand! Candles and the like. I had imagined that this would cause serious LIWitis, but I am so jazzed about it I could barely sleep last night! Patting myself on the back about my sunny attitude, because on the other side of the bitterness coin is the SIL who is totally spitting tacks about it! Very ugly.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1349020299|3276854 said:

Easily disturbed emotions' wants- that sounds exactly like me. Great term, I'll be borrowing that one quite often. :tongue:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1349020268|3276852 said:

Aww, I know what you guys mean!!! It hasn't been as much of an emotional roller coaster as I expected, but I feel like once I know Nick has the ring, I'm going to be going batsh*t crazy. I also have the tendency to go way overboard with shopping when I'm feeling antsy. I think I need to ask Nick to hold on to my credit cards and keep me accountable.

What makes things worse is that Nick's twin brother is proposing soon, like in the next month, and his mom asked Nick to let them have their "moment" so that could delay him proposing. AND I am taking November off to study, and I asked him specifically to not propose then because if he does, all that I will be able to think about would be wedding, and all that I would be staring at is my ring. So, goodness knows when it'll happen. We're not in any particular rush, but once I know he has the ring, every day is going to feel painstakingly slowww.

And because this is a diamond forum, Nick bought a 1.91 L VS1 (EGL certified) OEC set in a custom made 2.2mm platinum basket solitaire. I will post pictures as soon as he has the ring! We're looking at around October 15 :bigsmile:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Sooo exciting sweetpea. I can't wait to see the finished product!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sweetpea&babycorn|1349044765|3277045 said:
madelise|1349020268|3276852 said:

Aww, I know what you guys mean!!! It hasn't been as much of an emotional roller coaster as I expected, but I feel like once I know Nick has the ring, I'm going to be going batsh*t crazy. I also have the tendency to go way overboard with shopping when I'm feeling antsy. I think I need to ask Nick to hold on to my credit cards and keep me accountable.

What makes things worse is that Nick's twin brother is proposing soon, like in the next month, and his mom asked Nick to let them have their "moment" so that could delay him proposing. AND I am taking November off to study, and I asked him specifically to not propose then because if he does, all that I will be able to think about would be wedding, and all that I would be staring at is my ring. So, goodness knows when it'll happen. We're not in any particular rush, but once I know he has the ring, every day is going to feel painstakingly slowww.

And because this is a diamond forum, Nick bought a 1.91 L VS1 (EGL certified) OEC set in a custom made 2.2mm platinum basket solitaire. I will post pictures as soon as he has the ring! We're looking at around October 15 :bigsmile:

There's always December :wink2: it'd be a great way to share the news with family over the holidays.

BeautyQueen

Rough_Rock
Congrats on SO buying the ring sweetpea&babycorn , i cant imagine how excited you must be

audball

Ideal_Rock
I experienced my first real deal LIW breakdown last night. This week has been insane. I have seen SIX engagement announcements on FB since this weekend. THREE were in the last 24 hours. I couldn't handle it. After seeing #3 on FB last night, I just completely lost it. Andrew was so sweet and tried to comfort me but he just doesn't get why what's going on with other people makes any difference. He was a champ and held me while I was completely inconsolable and cried my eyes out. When I was done, we snuggled up and watched one of my favorite Disney movies and shared a small dessert. Love him. Hate waiting. I never thought it would be this hard.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1349190049|3278052 said:
I experienced my first real deal LIW breakdown last night. This week has been insane. I have seen SIX engagement announcements on FB since this weekend. THREE were in the last 24 hours. I couldn't handle it. After seeing #3 on FB last night, I just completely lost it. Andrew was so sweet and tried to comfort me but he just doesn't get why what's going on with other people makes any difference. He was a champ and held me while I was completely inconsolable and cried my eyes out. When I was done, we snuggled up and watched one of my favorite Disney movies and shared a small dessert. Love him. Hate waiting. I never thought it would be this hard.

Right there with ya on that level of LIW-itis, sister. :knockout:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
You ladies are scaring me re: the advanced stages of LIW! I've always imagined it would get easier the closer it came! :errrr:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1349207544|3278194 said:
audball|1349190049|3278052 said:

Same here!
I'm trying to let him plan it on his own time, so it can happen naturally & without pressure, but oh boy, after seeing the video, I just want the ring on my finger already! ;( I love it so much.

But, I keep it all in because I don't want him to think the only reason I want to be engaged is for the ring.... But it sure is a big part of it! :wink2: :saint:

audball

Ideal_Rock
*hugs*

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1349211385|3278223 said:
You ladies are scaring me re: the advanced stages of LIW! I've always imagined it would get easier the closer it came! :errrr:
It's most definitely not getting easier. :nono:

audball

Ideal_Rock
CaprineSun|1349212497|3278229 said:

Same here!
I'm trying to let him plan it on his own time, so it can happen naturally & without pressure, but oh boy, after seeing the video, I just want the ring on my finger already! ;( I love it so much.

But, I keep it all in because I don't want him to think the only reason I want to be engaged is for the ring.... But it sure is a big part of it! :wink2: :saint:
It's not even the ring. I'll be thrilled to wear it, sure, but at this point I just want everyone to know how much we love each other and that we plan to get married. I want to make my own announcement damn it!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1349213683|3278249 said:

Same here!

It's not even the ring. I'll be thrilled to wear it, sure, but at this point I just want everyone to know how much we love each other and that we plan to get married. I want to make my own announcement damn it!

Yes, it's for the announcement, and it's for the planning. I can buy my own bling, but I can't propose to myself, and I can't marry myself.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here!

What's been up with you, goat? :naughty: You haven't popped in here in a while.

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1349214263|3278257 said:
Yes, it's for the announcement, and it's for the planning. I can buy my own bling, but I can't propose to myself, and I can't marry myself.
Precisely. I'm ready to publicly declare our love and lifetime commitment.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
As a former LIW, I can attest that the worst of it is when you know he has the ring and you don't understand why he's sitting on it so long. Hugs ladies! Hang in there! You will have your time!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1349214307|3278258 said:
Same here!

What's been up with you, goat? :naughty: You haven't popped in here in a while.
And ditto! Where they heck have you been CS?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results