shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

audball

Ideal_Rock
PhillyMcGee|1347009261|3263561 said:
Oops I *accidentally* tried some more rings on today. I might be a crazy person.....but I HAD to make sure what I think I want is definitely what I want....so tried on loads of other styles just to be sure.... :cheeky:
Not crazy! Gotta check things out!! ;-)

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1347040252|3263814 said:
audball|1346943311|3263122 said:
AFM: Andrew has said some things recently that really make me think he may be making plans for the end of the year! :shock: :love:
Alright, SPILL THE BEANS! What's going on, and what is AFM? I just did a google search, and I got:
Haha, ok! I'm here. Sorry, I just had the longest day EVER!

So he's been talking a lot about the future lately and how happy he is. He's said several times that he's feeling more and more ready. He's also mentioned how magical Christmas is and how he loves that time of year as much as I do. We're hoping/planning on taking a trip to celebrate our 26th birthdays (both in December) and his graduation (December 15th) on the week between his graduation and Christmas. He's said we'll have to start researching where to go so we can do Christmasy things and make it special. He's also mentioned that we need to figure out how to schedule the families so that we see mine and his both at some point over the break...

I'm TRYING not to read too much into it but he's not exactly being subtle...right?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
audball|1347064982|3264047 said:
AFM: Andrew has said some things recently that really make me think he may be making plans for the end of the year! :shock: :love:
Alright, SPILL THE BEANS! What's going on, and what is AFM? I just did a google search, and I got:

So he's been talking a lot about the future lately and how happy he is. He's said several times that he's feeling more and more ready. He's also mentioned how magical Christmas is and how he loves that time of year as much as I do. We're hoping/planning on taking a trip to celebrate our 26th birthdays (both in December) and his graduation (December 15th) on the week between his graduation and Christmas. He's said we'll have to start researching where to go so we can do Christmasy things and make it special. He's also mentioned that we need to figure out how to schedule the families so that we see mine and his both at some point over the break...

I'm TRYING not to read too much into it but he's not exactly being subtle...right?

Eeeee I'm trying not to be top excited for you but you know how I get ;-) yayy maybe!!??

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you'll have your ring soon, audball!! Sending LOTS of dust your way. I would love a holiday proposal! :appl: :love: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*DUST~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
audball, I am sending truck loads of dust your way!! ~~~DUST~~~ I so hope he proposes around Christmas!

As for me, BF has been talking about engagement much more openly now. He mentioned the other day that October feels like forever away :love: He will be getting a bonus in October, but his HR lady is never very consistent in putting it on the first paycheck of the month or the second. But either way, it's only a MONTH away!!! We may cut the budget and end up going with an upgradeable ring just because this whole house thing is getting more and more expensive!! We are trying to cut expenses any where we can to make sure that we are good to go once we close on the house, which should also happen sometime within the next month! :D

My mom is getting a little too excited. She is already talking about wedding venues and such!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeeeeek that's soooo exciting! That definitely sounds suspicious! C'mon, A!!!!

MF - nothing wrong with an upgradable ring! Upgrades mean you get to change your style, too! And have fun with the whole process again! How's the new house an work?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Eeee....I know. I'm trying to keep myself muted though just in case....

And MF!! October is SOOO close!!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
:love: YOU LADIES ARE SO WONDERFUL! :love: Thank you for the stories and the support, it is such a help and a comfort!

Aud, EEEKKK! I know we aren't supposed to being getting our hopes up.. but can we just a little bit? :tongue: It all sounds very positive anyway, and nice things to hear regardless. Aww.

MF, October is AROUND THE CORNER! :appl:

So, SO and I put it all out on the table on Thursday night. I said that I felt we had reached the time that we should move toward marriage. We also talked about SO's reservations when it comes to marriage (in general), and about how we felt about our relationship (going swimmingly!). It went really well, and our conversation turned to other topics, and we talked for hours. On Friday night he told me that he had decided to let go of The Fear (classic SO). On Saturday we talked about working toward getting married next spring, and engaged six months-ish prior. This time in a REAL way, not an abstract! Eeee! We agreed that there could be life-things that get in the way of this plan (money, family, etc), but nothing we can forsee. He also started talking seriously about organizing our finances to buy our first house in the coming year or two. It was a VERY needed conversation, and we both feel refreshed and as though we are making steps into the 'next part' which is really happy-inducing!

Aud, I did participate in the family/engagement thread! If we do get engaged in winter and married in spring, it would all happen during SO's brothers engagement period of one year (I assume it will be one year). Which is kind of weird? I asked SO how he felt about that and he said it wouldn't matter! So I guess we'll see! Do you think thats weird?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1347247032|3265020 said:
:love: YOU LADIES ARE SO WONDERFUL! :love: Thank you for the stories and the support, it is such a help and a comfort!

Aud, EEEKKK! I know we aren't supposed to being getting our hopes up.. but can we just a little bit? :tongue: It all sounds very positive anyway, and nice things to hear regardless. Aww.

So, SO and I put it all out on the table on Thursday night. I said that I felt we had reached the time that we should move toward marriage. We also talked about SO's reservations when it comes to marriage (in general), and about how we felt about our relationship (going swimmingly!). It went really well, and our conversation turned to other topics, and we talked for hours. On Friday night he told me that he had decided to let go of The Fear (classic SO). On Saturday we talked about working toward getting married next spring, and engaged six months-ish prior. This time in a REAL way, not an abstract! Eeee! We agreed that there could be life-things that get in the way of this plan (money, family, etc), but nothing we can forsee. He also started talking seriously about organizing our finances to buy our first house in the coming year or two. It was a VERY needed conversation, and we both feel refreshed and as though we are making steps into the 'next part' which is really happy-inducing!

Aud, I did participate in the family/engagement thread! If we do get engaged in winter and married in spring, it would all happen during SO's brothers engagement period of one year (I assume it will be one year). Which is kind of weird? I asked SO how he felt about that and he said it wouldn't matter! So I guess we'll see! Do you think thats weird?
Thanks!! :shock: :praise: :love:

Your talk sounds SOOO productive Chewbacca! I couldn't be more thrilled for you. I personally don't think there are any issues with getting engaged/married during someone else's "time". I wouldn't put off our own steps because someone else asked first, that's just my opinion though. Your BF doesn't seem to think it matters so that's good to me!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
T and I tried on a few rings this weekend... just fun right hand rings though (though he always says that I need to try them on my left hand, he says he likes seeing a ring on that finger, smile).

audball

Ideal_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1347293498|3265242 said:
T and I tried on a few rings this weekend... just fun right hand rings though (though he always says that I need to try them on my left hand, he says he likes seeing a ring on that finger, smile).
LOVE!!! :love:

Andrew does this thing with my left hand and it always makes me swoon. He just rubs my left ring finger where a ring would go or sometimes squeezes or kisses just that finger and looks at me with a smile. I always say, 'What?' and he always says, "Have to enjoy it while it lasts...that finger won't be open forever." *melts

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1347319960|3265608 said:

Andrew does this thing with my left hand and it always makes me swoon. He just rubs my left ring finger where a ring would go or sometimes squeezes or kisses just that finger and looks at me with a smile. I always say, 'What?' and he always says, "Have to enjoy it while it lasts...that finger won't be open forever." *melts

Both of these = :love: !!

Aud, I can't even say how HAPPY I am with how it all went. I really feel like I am a true LIW now. This morning SO woke me up to say how excited he felt about our future, and I said 'can you believe it will all start happening in six months!' - SIX MONTHS (give or take a few)!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1347322007|3265636 said:

Both of these = :love: !!

Aud, I can't even say how HAPPY I am with how it all went. I really feel like I am a true LIW now. This morning SO woke me up to say how excited he felt about our future, and I said 'can you believe it will all start happening in six months!' - SIX MONTHS (give or take a few)!!
EeekK!! 6 months is SOOO close! I'm so happy for you! :) :) :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

awww I am seriously jealous of how adorable your SOs are!!!! that is too cute beyond words.

and omg Chewbacca that is so exciting!! I'm glad you guys were able to talk it out and come to an agreement. yay!!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

Ahhh sooo cute Aud! I give all you ladies with rings in house credit bc i would be saying "f the proposal, i know its here....i want it nowwww" LOL

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WHAT, Aud, where the hell did you find such a keeper?!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1347064982|3264047 said:

:bigsmile: Just got the biggest smile for you. That sounds super promising!!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1347247032|3265020 said:

Waaaaaao, 6 months is very soon! That's so awesome! Haha, "The Fear". I like how you named it.

And I don't think it's weird that you be engaged or married during his brother's engagement period at all. The more the merrier!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1347388385|3266088 said:

WHAT, Aud, where the hell did you find such a keeper?!
I'm a lucky girl :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well.

We had a photoshoot yesterday. Our ring was officially in the hands of SNQ for 12 weeks, the longer end of their quote, as of last Friday. I totally am disappointed to say that I actually thought he might have taken advantage of the photographer being there to drop down on one knee.

*Le sigh.

We're going on a weekender stay-cation trip to San Diego this weekend, and will be spending some lovely romantic time together at the La Jolla Coves and in Coronado. We have a gondola ride in Coronado the last day we're there, during the sunset, with wine and chocolate covered strawberries. At this point, I feel like I might just have to keep myself from bursting into tears if he doesn't do it by then (since it's the end of the trip). We have reservations for dinner on the shore of the beach all 3 nights we're there, and we will be kayaking at one of SoCal's best beaches. There are so many opportunities! I'm trying not to get all wound up for nothing, but god damnittttt! It's starting to get hard. I found myself checking his full body out yesterday, while we were walking to our set, to see if there were any unusual bulges in his clothes. 8) I think this is just the beginning of the worst, and that I'll keep doing this. Blah. Can't help it. :knockout: I feel like I'm totally only harming myself by 1) possibly ruining a surprise since I'm hoping every second is "it", and 2) possibly making myself miserable level 100 by being disappointed when it doesn't happen.

:sick:

Worse was, I went to dinner twice this week, once for my pal's bridesmaids' dinner, where I got to meet all her other bridesmaids. She asked if I was engaged, and pointed to my P-ring. I had to explain that. Again. Then I went to dinner with one of my BFFs and a few other people, and my BFF :!: stopped mid sentence, pointed at my p-ring, and said, "is that….?!" Bless her, she has Dory (from Finding Nemo)'s memory because she's seen it a million times. But I'm not going to wear my P-ring anymore. :angryfire: Her BF even asked, "what's a promise ring for?" and one of the other girls chimed in, "it's a promise that you will be engaged", and he asked me, "what's the rush?". Um, we're not getting any younger? We've been together for a few years, up and down? What is there not to be rushed??? Then he went on an anti-diamond mining speech to which I tried to dispute, but that ended me taking him seriously on that conversation.

Anyway, wish me luck please. I need all the dust I can get, not really for a proposal, but more for me to calm the f down!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1347901282|3269674 said:
Well.

We had a photoshoot yesterday. Our ring was officially in the hands of SNQ for 12 weeks, the longer end of their quote, as of last Friday. I totally am disappointed to say that I actually thought he might have taken advantage of the photographer being there to drop down on one knee.

*Le sigh.

We're going on a weekender stay-cation trip to San Diego this weekend, and will be spending some lovely romantic time together at the La Jolla Coves and in Coronado. We have a gondola ride in Coronado the last day we're there, during the sunset, with wine and chocolate covered strawberries. At this point, I feel like I might just have to keep myself from bursting into tears if he doesn't do it by then (since it's the end of the trip). We have reservations for dinner on the shore of the beach all 3 nights we're there, and we will be kayaking at one of SoCal's best beaches. There are so many opportunities! I'm trying not to get all wound up for nothing, but god damnittttt! It's starting to get hard. I found myself checking his full body out yesterday, while we were walking to our set, to see if there were any unusual bulges in his clothes. 8) I think this is just the beginning of the worst, and that I'll keep doing this. Blah. Can't help it. :knockout: I feel like I'm totally only harming myself by 1) possibly ruining a surprise since I'm hoping every second is "it", and 2) possibly making myself miserable level 100 by being disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Worse was, I went to dinner twice this week, once for my pal's bridesmaids' dinner, where I got to meet all her other bridesmaids. She asked if I was engaged, and pointed to my P-ring. I had to explain that. Again. Then I went to dinner with one of my BFFs and a few other people, and my BFF :!: stopped mid sentence, pointed at my p-ring, and said, "is that….?!" Bless her, she has Dory (from Finding Nemo)'s memory because she's seen it a million times. But I'm not going to wear my P-ring anymore. :angryfire: Her BF even asked, "what's a promise ring for?" and one of the other girls chimed in, "it's a promise that you will be engaged", and he asked me, "what's the rush?". Um, we're not getting any younger? We've been together for a few years, up and down? What is there not to be rushed??? Then he went on an anti-diamond mining speech to which I tried to dispute, but that ended me taking him seriously on that conversation.

Anyway, wish me luck please. I need all the dust I can get, not really for a proposal, but more for me to calm the f down!

Oh gosh...it would be really nice if you got engaged in San Diego, but would that be too predictable or maybe he's a predictable kind of guy? Is it even possible to put it out of your head and just enjoy the time together? I think it would be hard, but you know he will ask eventually. At least you know he has a ring. I guess I would just try to not over think it.

I look forward to hearing about San Diego. I am actually moving there next year because my company just bought a building in La Jolla and wants me to transfer to that office. I am more of a Norcal mountain girl, so it will be a hard adjustment I think. Boyfriend is completely on board with the move, which is awesome of him (and makes me not question his commitment to me even sans ring). Anyway, it seems really beautiful there and I always like hearing about other perspectives of people that have visited...

LUCK!
Manda

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Well.

*Le sigh.

awwww :( love and dust your way!!! don't let yourself get crazy...like we say to many of our fellow LIW, just enjoy these last few moments of being a girlfriend and let him do his thing to sweep you off your feet!!!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Keep your head up and just try to have a good time Madelise! That honker will be on your hand soon enough, just have fun in San Diego!

I still havent heard anything on my ring - 4 weeks is up next week sometime...but who knows. I am trying not to think too much. But I will know when that sucker gets here because we live together (and ARE together 24/7 except for ~3 hours a week) and all the tracking/ordering has been done by me.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mandasand|1347903179|3269698 said:
Well.

*Le sigh.

Oh gosh...it would be really nice if you got engaged in San Diego, but would that be too predictable or maybe he's a predictable kind of guy? Is it even possible to put it out of your head and just enjoy the time together? I think it would be hard, but you know he will ask eventually. At least you know he has a ring. I guess I would just try to not over think it.

I look forward to hearing about San Diego. I am actually moving there next year because my company just bought a building in La Jolla and wants me to transfer to that office. I am more of a Norcal mountain girl, so it will be a hard adjustment I think. Boyfriend is completely on board with the move, which is awesome of him (and makes me not question his commitment to me even sans ring). Anyway, it seems really beautiful there and I always like hearing about other perspectives of people that have visited...

LUCK!
Manda

Thanks, Manda :oops: You're right, but I knew that to begin with, and I still can't shake this feeling. 8) That's what is making me feel like he WON'T propose in SD. I know he wants to surprise me because he's never successfully surprised me, ever. Our 2.5 anniversary? He wanted to surprise me at a beautiful restaurant in LA that we've never been to. He turns onto the street, I recognize it, and even before we get to the restaurant, I say, "Babe, we've been here before, stupid." He kept arguing with me that we hadn't been there, and I told him WHO we were there with, and what we did before and after. He kept arguing with me (not mad argue, but insisting it was our first time there), so he told me to pull up the Facebook "check-in". I did. :lol: Every surprise he's ever planned, I ruined or it failed. For his sake, and some of mine too, I wish he can pull off a surprise. But really, our weekly lives are so predictable and on schedule. I go to school Mon-Thurs. I see him Thurs night through Saturday morning, when he leaves for work. That's it. Every Thursday night, we eat dinner out. Every Friday morning, we wake up and get ready to go to a cafe to have breakfast and for me to study for a few hours. We leave, hang out for a bit at home, watch some Netflix or Hulu, knock out, wake up, go to dinner. Come home, sleep, rinse and repeat. If anything is outside of this schedule, it raises red flags for me, gets me extremely alert, then gets me disappointed.

I try not to think about it at all, but it's like the whole world is screaming at me. There are jewelry stores right next door to me. People get engaged all over FB. I Pinterest. :errrr: It's summer/wedding season, and everyone on FB is at a wedding or another. It's just in my head, so I can't NOT raise red flags and be alerted. And I totally feel like I'll ruin his surprise again this way. I want him to enjoy the process as well, and feel kind of sad that he didn't get to do it "his way", even though I know that this was for the best financially (who knows what kind of crap he would have bought me!).

Manda, are you in NorCal now? Have you ever been to SoCal? La Jolla itself is a super affluent area, and cost of living is soooo crazy. It's absolutely beautiful there, but I don't think I can compete with the Joneses there! SoCal also doesn't have that relaxed aura that NorCal does. Everyone is beautiful, and everything is expensive. Even the poor here like to show off what they have. Heck, I might just count as a specimen of that population! Cross out "might" :big smile:

If you ever want recs for places to go to AWAY from SD, for maybe a staycation, I have a million. SO lives in the next county, used to live in another surrounding county, and there's a wine country area around, too (Temecula). A few wineries in Temecula actually have beat out NorCal's wineries in competitions! The only thing that sucks about SD is that there's no Chinatown :lol: I went on a tour of old San Diego, and the tour guide said that the first Chinese settlers in SD had a leader that insisted that they do not stick amongst themselves, and to instead go out and mesh with the rest of society. I thought that was cute, but c'mon! I love Chinatown and its clusters of restaurants! Lol.

I'd love to retire in SD someday. and I'm so happy hearing that you and SO are moving together :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1347912910|3269788 said:
awwww :( love and dust your way!!! don't let yourself get crazy...like we say to many of our fellow LIW, just enjoy these last few moments of being a girlfriend and let him do his thing to sweep you off your feet!!!

Ughhhhh, I'm hating that I'm on "that side" now! And I can tell you, when you're here, you'll hate people who say that to you, too!! LOL!

*Temper Tantrum.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LJL|1347916227|3269836 said:
Keep your head up and just try to have a good time Madelise! That honker will be on your hand soon enough, just have fun in San Diego!

I still havent heard anything on my ring - 4 weeks is up next week sometime...but who knows. I am trying not to think too much. But I will know when that sucker gets here because we live together (and ARE together 24/7 except for ~3 hours a week) and all the tracking/ordering has been done by me.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Whoa, you're together all day, everyday? Do you guys have the same classes together? :confused: I'm kind of jealous. I feel so sad that I see SO so rarely. I get so upset when he has other plans on Thurs/Fri, and skips a weekend with me.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock

I just melted, too. That totally made my morning, how sweet! You've got a keeper!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Predictable...that is going to be hard!

I live near Sacramento right now. I grew up in a small town in the Foothills. I went to UC Davis for college and grad school. I am sort of a creature of habit. I manage marketing in the US/Canada for a German biotech company. The company just bought a building in San Diego and they are relocating marketing and science to the new office next year. There was also an opportunity to move to Germany but I really enjoy the USA operations and I think there are more opportunities working for the subsidiary rather than global headquarters! Anyway, I am struggling with the fact that SO and I will be living apart for 6-12 months and my dog (she's my avatar) will stay with BF at our home in Norcal. Then they will move to SD later and we will get a house. Since I'll be covering part of our mortgage and have rent in SD and expenses, I won't be living in La Jolla! I'm thinking somewhere closer to downtown SD maybe Mission Hills. I want to be close to the airport so I can fly home for the weekends. I'll be living in a real dump, I'm sure!

I love the mountains. I don't swim in the ocean. But, I love sunshine. I grew up on a lake and I love the water, just not sea water. So, the only draw for me is that I will be gainfully employed. I would pretty much do anything to not have to be unemployed in this job market!

audball

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1347968882|3270143 said:

I just melted, too. That totally made my morning, how sweet! You've got a keeper!
Thanks MBKRH! :oops: He's a special guy and I love him very much!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you madelise! I hope he surprises you :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results