shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on LOGR upgrade! Same ring, new pics - help me make a final decision!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
After sending several messages, I finally heard back from LOGR. I''d asked him to make me another ring, especially since my jeweler thought my current upgraded ring had I-color diamonds, and I would pay for the new one up-front. He said that they have strict quality control, and if another ring was made, it would be exactly the same. He again offered a refund if I was unhappy, and he had previously offered a refund of $30 if I decided to keep it.

DH returned from Bangkok with the good camera (actually, it''s not fancy, but it has a much better macro than the one I used in my previous thread), so I took some more pics. I''m having a hard time deciding what to do because this is the most I''ve paid for an LOGR setting - $595! It does have a lot of diamonds, .88tcw, so I feel the price isn''t too unreasonable, but I was disappointed that they weren''t as white and sparkly as my RG setting.

So please take a look at the pics and tell me once what you think.

This first pic is pretty neutral - diamonds aren''t very showy, but not horrible either, taken outside on a covered porch.

mumm1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
In full sun, but fairly quiet diamonds.

mumm2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
more.

mumm3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Funny thing is, in some light they can look really white.

mumm5.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
This is my best close-up pic. I would never guess from this pic that they were I-color!

mumm7.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Backed up for a little real-life perspective.

mumm8.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
With the RG setting.

mumm9.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Last pic. Close-up of difference between the two rings.

Okay, please give me your honest opinions. Sometimes I think, "hey, the diamonds don''t look that bad, I''ll just keep it," and sometimes I''m frustrated that I spent an extra $200 for I-color diamonds.

mumm10.JPG

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I personally think it is beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them, are they both full cut diamonds? the second to the last pictures looks like the white gold setting is whiter. I think its the color metal that is throwing you off or maybe your jeweler off too? if you took out the diamonds from the Rose gold setting and stuck in wg, I think it may change the look of them but I'm not saying to take them out -though lol.

ETA: if you maybe could purchase another setting in wg (for your other gems) without the upgraded diamonds, you can probably tell the difference?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani,
They look like SI diamonds, although lovely. I have two white gold LOGR''s both with full cut diamonds, one with SI and one with VS. I''ll try to take some up close pictures later and post them. At first I didn''t see much of a difference, but when I louped them, the VS ones were definitely cleaner.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I wouldn''t send it back because it looks phenomenal. I''m pretty sure that the difference is in the gold colour (as has already been mentioned).

HOWEVER ...... you really aren''t sold on the setting and feel slightly "cheated" - not the right word but I think you know what I mean. If that''s the case then you''ll always look at it and never love it. If it''s going to bug you then you should send it back.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 4:45:27 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Cellentani,
They look like SI diamonds, although lovely. I have two white gold LOGR''s both with full cut diamonds, one with SI and one with VS. I''ll try to take some up close pictures later and post them. At first I didn''t see much of a difference, but when I louped them, the VS ones were definitely cleaner.
Thanks TL - I''d love to see your comparison pics. The white gold diamonds are actually cleaner - the rose gold diamonds have carbon inclusions, if you can believe it! So, since a remake is out, would you just return the ring, choose a different setting and hope for the best?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks dragonfly - very nice of you to comment!

D&T - they are both full cut diamonds. I am in the process of getting another setting, and I''m not upgrading. It''ll be in rose gold though, with single cuts, so it''ll be hard to compare.

Thanks for your input, LD. You''re right that I should send it back if it will bug me, but conversely, I think I might regret returning it since it is such a lovely setting. I know, I''m impossible - feel free to roll your eyes.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never upgrade diamonds. but if you paid for them and you didn''t get them, its best to just return the setting if you know you''ll be unhappy.

I don''t know if its because the settings are so close together or even the gold, but in the last pic I can see a slight yellow tint to the diamonds on the left.

However, the setting does look good with that stone (both do) but I sounds like you''ll always regret you didn''t send it back...especially with the fact you paid for the upgrade.

-A

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly? I don''t see a difference in the diamonds. But, I''m not one to identify "That''s a VVS2 H!!" from a mile away, either.

However, what stuck with me the most when reading before and now, is that no matter if it is what LOGR claims, you''re still going to wonder about it each time you look at this one, or wear it, and if it were me, that would probably mar the delight. But I''m a huge perfectionist about the smallest details and fixate on mere dust-sized issues.

IF you''re not as anal-retentive as me though . . . it looks lovely and I don''t think you''d ever be wearing those two side by side smack dab against each other!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for chiming in Arcadian and fierypyropixy - I appreciate hearing your opinions. I''ve been doing the math to see what other settings I can find. Problem is, it''s so hard to know if I''ll like another design as much as this one.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The design is lovely and it has a ton of diamonds in it. It looks very white and clean in your pictures. Are you wondering about the lack of sparkle? I don’t have much experience with LOGR but for that price (and hassle of shipping back and forth), I’d probably keep it unless you know you’ll never be satisfied in your mind (mind clean).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani,
Here's that picture I promised. The smaller legacy has SI stones, and the larger one has VS. I know the picture isn't the best, but as you can see the SI are slightly cloudier than the VS, but from a distance, it's difficult to tell too much difference. The SI stones sparkle and are quite lovely. When I first got it, I had thought he accidentally sent me VS diamonds!! They are also full cut on this ring, to my surprise, because my last version of this very same ring with SI stones had single cuts. I am thrilled with both settings.

TLLOGRlegacies.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pics, TL - they''re both lovely settings, and I''ve been wanting one of those 8mm ones forever. I can really only see a very slight difference in the diamonds, so you did well. My only question is, why are they both empty??!!
6.gif
Those lovely semi-mounts need gems!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I just dropped off the setting and garnet at my jewelers, and I should get it back tomorrow. LOGR offered me a small refund, so I just decided to keep the ring. After all, it ended up being only $60 more than my morganite semi-mount, and it has over .30cts more diamonds. Also, whenever I put the garnet in the setting, I didn''t notice the diamonds nearly as much.

Thanks again for you input, everyone. Now, on the the next project!!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I think the new ring is lovely. The diamonds are gorgeous for I''s.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2009 10:51:33 AM
Author: cellentani
Thanks for the pics, TL - they're both lovely settings, and I've been wanting one of those 8mm ones forever. I can really only see a very slight difference in the diamonds, so you did well. My only question is, why are they both empty??!!
6.gif
Those lovely semi-mounts need gems!
Thanks Cellentani!

I made the huge error of buying the larger one before getting the gem. Well, it turns out that 8x8 cushions in electric vivid colors, or even mint colors, of which I'm fond, are as rare as hen's teeth. So it remains empty.

I just got the other smaller one the other day, and I was intending it for my pink/lavender spinel cushion, but it's a bit too large for the stone. I think I'll be able find a stone for that one more easily than the other one though. I got it on auction for around $220, so I'll keep it.

Well, I'm looking forward to pictures of your garnet set in your new setting. I'm happy you finally made a decision about it.
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey TL, I thought you had someone ( I forget who) cut you a mint tourmaline just for that legacy setting - I guess you didn''t set it then?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Gaah!!! I had written out a long post, but then Internet Explorer decided to stop working and I lost it. So, long story short, I picked up my ring today, and found that my jeweler, who is not the usual benchman, did a horrific job setting my stone: the stone is tilted, the prongs are wonky, and one prong tip is smashed. At this point, I'm just going to cut my losses and take it to Quest - they'll probably have to make new prongs. And that means more $$$.

Here are the uneven prongs (smashed one too - top right).

IMG_2072.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And tilted in the setting.
23.gif

IMG_2082.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2009 11:10:31 PM
Hey TL, I thought you had someone ( I forget who) cut you a mint tourmaline just for that legacy setting - I guess you didn't set it then?
Gene cut me a mint tourmaline, and it is bezeled in another 7x7 LOGR legacy.

I'm so sorry about your ring. Why don't you get them to fix it? Is the benchperson you ordinarily take your work to at that jeweler still working there? That is unacceptable workmanship, I would not have paid for that. The red of the garnet sure looks beautiful against the white gold and diamonds despite the way they set it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 11:37:12 PM
And tilted in the setting.
23.gif
Wow, I can''t believe they let it out the door like that.

It is a beautiful ring though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results