shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Larissa, I love your engagement ring! I'm a little bit biased in favor of both vintage pieces and baguette sides, though.

Here's my 1930's vintage set . . . waaaay under a carat! The center is .35 with another .16 in baguettes.

Closeup97080.jpg

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s a better idea of what it looks like without the extreme close-up:

Mine 003.jpg

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
And in case anyone''s interested, here''s my original wedding set--about .25 total weight, with the center at .15 or so. The diamonds are nice and white and sparkly, though, and it was very much admired when I got engaged in 1989!

It''s missing a small diamond on the far left, which was the "official" reason for replacing the set.
2.gif

Original97080.jpg

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
Heres mine these pics are the most recent, we just came back from a trip to Vancouver B.C

these are the specs,
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.801
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.5
Table: 55.4
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown 015.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion 042.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.01-6.06X3.66

Ring:
WF "Tiffany" Style Bead Set Solitaire with a cut above diamonds.

AND the pics of course!
front
DSCN2266.jpg

angle
DSCN2267.jpg

side view
DSCN2261.jpg

and just because you can see the ring really well
DSCN2381.jpg
18.gif

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 12:05:25 AM
Author: Christa
Larissa, I love your engagement ring! I''m a little bit biased in favor of both vintage pieces and baguette sides, though.

Here''s mine . . . well under a carat! The center is .35 with another .16 in baguettes.

Thank you!!

You have a matching band. That is beautiful
1.gif
I''ve searched high and low for my rings match but can only find it in platinum so I went way the other way and bought an antique lacy filigree piece that doesn''t look right with anything else on the same finger. Did you buy your''s as a set? Your rings are so pretty!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Larissa wrote: You have a matching band. That is beautiful I''ve searched high and low for my rings match but can only find it in platinum so I went way the other way and bought an antique lacy filigree piece that doesn''t look right with anything else on the same finger. Did you buy your''s as a set? Your rings are so pretty!

Thanks! Yes, mine were designed to go together. They are soldered together now, so I can''t show pictures of this, but the w-band has an interlocking thing to keep them in place . I love my set, but I wish sometimes that I had the option to wear them together or separately. Sigh . . . I need to stop hanging around PS, or I''ll never be satisfied with what I have.
25.gif

I love how yours looks with the loaner ring, actually!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 12:17:23 AM
And in case anyone''s interested, here''s my original wedding set--about .25 total weight, with the center at .15 or so. The diamonds are nice and white and sparkly, though, and it was very much admired when I got engaged in 1989!

It''s missing a small diamond on the far left, which was the ''official'' reason for replacing the set.
2.gif
Christa,

I love your ring. It is so delicate and dainty.
It is very much admired now as well
2.gif

Are you going to replace the missing diamond?

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 2:10:21 PM
Author: lili

Date: 8/16/2006 12:17:23 AM

It''s missing a small diamond on the far left, which was the ''official'' reason for replacing the set.
2.gif
Christa,

I love your ring. It is so delicate and dainty.
It is very much admired now as well
2.gif

Are you going to replace the missing diamond?
Thanks, Lili! I probably won''t replace it any time soon, since that was the justification for replacing the set.
2.gif
It just sits in my jewelry box now, but maybe some day one of my kids will be interested . . . my 8 year old son loves it and can''t figure out why I replaced it, so I have this little fantasy of him giving it to his wife some day. That 80''s yellow gold look should be back in by the time he gets married, right?

I''d love to see other people''s original sets . . . anyone know if there''s a thread devoted to that?

Starky

Rough_Rock
Here''s mine. Sorry I dont have hand shots my nails look awful.
14.gif

Specs:
IGI cert.
1 ct. LEO Round
G, VS2
9.gif

Lucky Yucky.jpg

angie6251982

Rough_Rock
Rough Rock, be sure to post some more pics of your ring! It''s very lovely!
30.gif
31.gif
Your diamond is almost identical to my Leo diamond. It''s neat to see someone else''s setting/ring hehehe
21.gif

Starky

Rough_Rock
Angie, thanks for the compliment. It's nice to see others on the forum with Leo's. I joined the forum after my fiancee had bought my ring and I was paranoid for a while b/c of all the things I read on Leo's on here, but I'm very young and for someone in there early 20's I think my honey did very good
9.gif
Your ring is very nice. I love your setting. Mines is just set in the original Leo shank in Plat., but I am thinking of changing the setting after graduation. Once again thanks for the compliments and I will post more pics after I get a manicure on Friday
5.gif

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I''m new to this place, and to diamonds, this is my first "major" ring -- I''ve only ever had a few diamonds accenting other things.

My e-ring is a an H SI .71 emerald cut on a 2.5mm plat band, and I love it, had it 2 weeks. I''m not as adept at the photos as you all, but here''s what I could manage. And I should have cleaned it up first, it''s quite a bit sparklier than that...

It is a size 6, though I really have always worn a 5 3/4 on this hand. It fits fine, no slipping over the knuckle -- but the wedding band issue is starting to wig me out.

I THINK I want a comfort-fit wedding band, in a 5mm platinum. I have tried a plain silver band I have with this ring and it flatters the diamond nicely without distracting from it. Later, I hope to add an eternity band or an etoile with burnished diamonds on the other side of my w-band. But I want a fairly substantial band, because I''m not accustomed to diamonds, and it''s making me nervous now. When I work in the yard or whatever, I want to take it off and have a visible comfy band I NEVER remove.

I''m in a small town with few jewelers, and am having trouble finding samples of round, half-round, heavy, etc in comforr-fit. Also, with the 5mm I want, should I go smaller, or larger with a wider comfort-fit? Normally, my wider rings are larger.. My 2.5 mm e-ring slides a bit when my fingers are cold, but is just right most of the time. I wondered if a size 6 in a 5mm w-band would be too tight on a slightly-less than 6 finger, or if I should consider the width and get a 6.5? Opinions welcome, thanks.

PS, excuse my manicure, the ring was a surprise and caught me with ragged polish!

nancyringclearest.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Here's my brand new e-ring!!! It's a .93 K SI2. These pics really don't do it justice though.
robbie3982-6.jpg

robbie3982-7.jpg

robbie3982-5.jpg

ETA: It's a size 5

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Nice, N-jo! Yes, a wide band will definitely fit more snugly than a thinner one . . . can you stop in at a jewelry store and try some on?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
We have a new engagement ring that''s well under a carat, but because of the awesome cut and setting, it appears MUCH bigger than it is. It''s a .541 J SI1. My finger size is 4 or 4 1/4. This ring is a 4 1/4. I just love the tulip head that holds the diamond. We got the diamond from Whiteflash and the setting from Wink.
9.gif

flowerprofilenhandshot.JPG

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The pictures do not do this ring justice. Very firey diamonds.

Center:
.58ct H
VS2
5.1. x 5.2 x unknown
Very fiery, small table, but specs are unknown.
Setting:
Oxford Diamond store on ebay
Setting style like auction # 5082140344
Stock #: LWR-J5679DWR4W
Mounting: 14kt White Gold
Carat: .50ct Total Weight
2 larger round total .25cts.
Color: F/G Very White (This one was advertised as G/H)
Clarity: SI1/SI2 Very Clean (These are eye clean but inclusions are visible w/ 10x loupe.)
Channel & Prong Set

HVS2_7779.JPG

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Yay I can add mine! .86, E, SI1 radiant cut:

47b6d720b3127cce8c82f8c14f1a00000016102BYuGTZwyYw

silverlvr

Rough_Rock
any .5 ct halos out there? Pictures please!!!
30.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I finally got up the nerve to post mine. There''s some incredible stuff in this thread!
This is my E-ring, it''s a custom design by Kristina Pitaniello. I don''t have all the specs, but it''s about a 0.6something E/F.

IMG_0262.jpg

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Might as well post mine. It''s a .572 ct. ACA. I am STILL working at getting the best shots, but hopefully this one will do.

od6.JPG

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Larissa, I love your engagement ring! I'm a little bit biased in favor of both vintage pieces and baguette sides, though.

Here's my 1930's vintage set . . . waaaay under a carat! The center is .35 with another .16 in baguettes.
Christa, that's a nice set. (The others in this thread are, too!) People knock the illusion heads, but they are practical and very durable. I wore a .75 ct. in one for years. It gave 5.8mm a 7mm diameter, which I liked better since I 'd always worn huge gemstone rings. The other thing I like about them is comfort. I found the narrow base of typical 6-prong Tiffany heads dug into my finger, but the broader base of the illusion head was smooth and easy to wear.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2006 4:08:43 PM
Author: AdaBeta27

Larissa, I love your engagement ring! I''m a little bit biased in favor of both vintage pieces and baguette sides, though.

Here''s my 1930''s vintage set . . . waaaay under a carat! The center is .35 with another .16 in baguettes.
Christa, that''s a nice set. (The others in this thread are, too!) People knock the illusion heads, but they are practical and very durable. I wore a .75 ct. in one for years. It gave 5.8mm a 7mm diameter, which I liked better since I ''d always worn huge gemstone rings. The other thing I like about them is comfort. I found the narrow base of typical 6-prong Tiffany heads dug into my finger, but the broader base of the illusion head was smooth and easy to wear.
I think they are lovely, too. Maybe today''s halo will be tomorrow''s illusion setting -- I have a feeling these illusion settings were really fashionable in their day.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve not yet added mine to this thread, so I will do it now.

rbringsun3.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
And here''s another. It is a .80 H SI1.

rbringsun.jpg

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to bump this thread so that if there is any or will be any new under 1ct stones , they can be added.

Also I noticed that I never had posted my very first wedding set that I had.... It''s center stone is .35ct and there is .40ct in side stones total weight .75ct. I know to some people that it might be soooo 80''s but I really do love this little set. Some pics.

weddingset.75.JPG

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
The lighting is terrible in my bathroom, but there wasn''t any sun out today, and that was the best light in the house. Some people might think that the marquise is dated, but I really love the shape of the stone.

totheside75.JPG

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I''ll only bother you with one more pic, It''s so funny because you always seem to take a 100 of them and only post a few.

onthefinger75.JPG

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Christa, I love your new set but I also absolutely adore your original set !! Where can I find great stuff like that. Maybe I should be looking more at illusion settings.

upayme

Rough_Rock
.67 carat round
E color
SI2

ring 0091.jpg

lilmissjaja

Rough_Rock
upayme: i like your w-band...... lovely...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results