shape
carat
color
clarity

Uncerted OEC Thoughts? - See VIDEO!

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Here's an old post that mentions AGI as an independent appraiser. The service you describe sounds like I do now I don't, which acts like an escrow service. They hold the funds and ring, then when ring gets approved by their appraiser the ring goes to the buyer and funds go to seller, done. The problem is, You didn't get to choose the appraiser and this type of service is skewed toward the seller (like in real estate, it's just a natural part of the business that's unspoken). So, if you can somehow get the seller to allow you use your own selection of appraiser to do the escrow, then I think that mitigates your risk.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-agi-credible.181147/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/is-agi-credible.181147/[/URL]

It's tough, you have to know your level of risk tolerance and what the real risks are. If you feel comfortable moving ahead, proceed with caution, but I'm not sure you'll get any "permission" or "approval" with this level of risk (mostly because it's uncerted). And I do feel your pain because maybe you found an awesome ring for a great deal, I love deals too. I do think that because it's uncerted, the seller should be willing to negotiate as they didn't pay GIA pricing either (but listed the price with current GIA retail pricing). Remember, you can get your own 1.9-2.0 k/l vs2/Si1 for $9k and put in a simple wg setting ($200). Even less for an M color and have full protection of return policy, maybe even upgrades for future.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I'm confused. I noticed that the box said Palas Jewelers. I looked them up, and they had a return policy. Is this a different jeweler?

moomie14

Rough_Rock
Update: I got the seller to agree to using escrow.com and allowing an inspection period so I can get my own appraisal.

Does anyone have an recommendations for the Chicagoland area?

moomie14

Rough_Rock
babs23r|1410552993|3749911 said:
I'm confused. I noticed that the box said Palas Jewelers. I looked them up, and they had a return policy. Is this a different jeweler?

That's where the seller originally purchased the ring. A couple years ago. Appraisal is from them as well. I called and verified.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Great, congrats! I like Kurt Teeters in the loop in diamond district, Allied Gem Appraisers, for someone local.

moomie14

Rough_Rock
luvdajules|1410564955|3750057 said:
Great, congrats! I like Kurt Teeters in the loop in diamond district, Allied Gem Appraisers, for someone local.

Thanks!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
That's good news! I think that this will turn out super! :appl: :appl:

moomie14

Rough_Rock
babs23r|1410572450|3750117 said:
That's good news! I think that this will turn out super! :appl: :appl:

Thanks! I am SO excited!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results