shape
carat
color
clarity

Ultrasonic on sale @ Sharper Image

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine today! I want to check and see if it works properly. When I start it it goes taptaptaptap buzz taptaptaptap buzz. And while it''s ''tapping'' the blue light is blinking.

Is this what it is supposed to do?

Thanks!
33.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 6:32:53 PM
Author: ang3199
I got mine today! I want to check and see if it works properly. When I start it it goes taptaptaptap buzz taptaptaptap buzz. And while it's 'tapping' the blue light is blinking.

Is this what it is supposed to do?

Thanks!
33.gif
Yes, that is how mine sounds too.
1.gif
Also, in the link I posted above other PS'ers said that is how their's sounds so it's fine. hehe

ETA: BB, it is icky to see all the junk that comes out of our rings; I clean mine with the gel stuff and rinse and thought it wouldn't be that dirty, but who knew?!?!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
That''s what mine does! I love how I can actually see pieces of dirt and grime coming off the ring and floating to the top (I know it''s ewwww, but it''s cool too). I got a ring from my Nana and I''m sure it was never cleaned in its life and it went through my SI US 2 or 3 times before the dirt stopped coming off.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy and BriBee: Thank you for reassuring me!

It''s so fun watching our babies get sparkly clean!
36.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the notice about the sale! I am strongly considering using my monthly "fun money" to purchase one for myself. I have been wanting one for a while now.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
you''re welcome! I love mine, I''ve been using it twice/week since I got it!
9.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I had mine for about a year, and then she died on me
8.gif

I was just using the solution that it came with and hot, hot water, so I am not quite sure what happened. So be careful, and be sure to clean it often. Maybe this is why it died? I dunno, all of a sudden the "chirping" sound stopped, and no more.

But that is a great deal, don''t think I have ever seen them that cheap!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
oh no! I wonder if it''d be cheaper for them to fix it, if they would, than to buy one on sale{?}

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine yesterday!
36.gif
I put my e-ring (which hadn''t been cleaned in almost two weeks! ewww) in there immediately with one of my diamond studs. I did the other stud separately so I could compare them (I know, I''m a huge geek.) I think the studs were too small to see a really good difference, but it did wonders for my e-ring! Not much different on the center stone, but it made a HUGE difference on the detailing and pave. It hasn''t been that sparkly since I got it!!
9.gif
21.gif
10.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know precisely what gems are safe in the ultrasonic? I know they say no pearls, opals or emeralds, but what about aquamarines?
How about rubies and sapphires?

ETA: I found a website with answers, and I posted the same question, with this info, in Rocky Talk. Sounds like Aquamarines are safe.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i got mine yesterday and i love it! my ering looks like when i get it cleaned at the jewelry store. time to take more pictures of precious!!

i was at a local jewelry store getting one of my mom's rings resized and one of the other customers had brought in her tiffany diamond ring that she had somehow gotten tiffany cleaning solution stuck in it(??!!). the SA said that she recommends the US from sharper image and that is the closest thing to getting her ring cleaned there at the store. of course i had to let her know that it is currently on sale at SI :) - just doing my duty to increase the amount of sparkle in the world!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I just got mine yesterday too and LOVE it!!! I was reading one of the previous threads on the SI ultrasonic and saw that some people were warning against using it on their pave rings, but I spoke to my jeweler about it today and he said it should be fine as long as I don''t them in for more than 10 min. Last night I gave my rings 2 high powered cleanings and boy did they shine!
30.gif
30.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I had one die on me too (started smoking), but SI gave me a refund (would have replaced it but the model had been updated) after I sent it back. Now the tank on my new one has a crack in it . . .
7.gif
This has been a long time coming as little pieces of the plastic tank have been chipping off left and right. Kind of makes you wonder why they sell a replacement guarantee on something that should be a pretty uncomplicated piece of machinery . . .

I had 3 of those Haier ones die on me (two of them literally broke apart piece by piece). What do I do wrong? I just put my jewelry in there and turn them on, maybe twice a week! I swear!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
since the US was on sale, i sprang for the 3 yr replacement policy. it seems the machines don''t last very long so it is a good investment to get the policy since the price is great. would be better of course if they lasted longer...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''m ordering the Branson B200 for $110. That''s more than I''d like to spend, but I''ve spent more than that on my five, yes, five US cleaners which just wound up sparking, smoking, and falling to pieces. I''m wondering if it''s because I probably use it more than the average joe (but not the average PSer!), they have plastic baskets, and perhaps even from not having a completely level surface to place it on.

In any case, if this doesn''t work out, I''m moving on to the Jewel Jet steam cleaner!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I tried contactng SI, with no luck or even a response back from them regarding it breaking. Go figure... and we didn''t buy any extended warranty. It was just shy of us owning it a year!

I wonder if I sent it back to them what they would offer. I want to buy a new one, especially since I have never seen my rings sparkle as much as when I used it. Oh boo
8.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Mine came today! Thanks so much for the tip...I had also really wanted to buy one for a while, but just couldn''t justify spending the money on it, but who can beat it being more than half off??? My ring is so sparkly now!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I went to the SI in NYC''s Rockefeller Center and they still had about 5 more on display. It came with the cleaning solution/cloth package. Singular, thanks for that coupon!!! I also purchased the 3-year replacement guarantee.

I put my e-ring in there (pave) along with my diamond studs. After two high-powered cycles using their cleaning solution and hot water, then a rinse with warm water, I air dried everything on a paper towel. FI walked into the kitchen and said, "What happened in here? Wow. Those are sparkly." Haha...so cute. All the diamonds even look "whiter."

Thanks ringabling for the notice!!!!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
YEA!!
36.gif

Anyone know if a waterproof Tag H watch can go in?

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
i really hope these stay on sale for a few more days... i just ordered a sharper image gift card using my discover cashback bonus and they send it snail mail!!
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results