shape
carat
color
clarity

Ultrasonic on sale @ Sharper Image

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Just an FYI in case it doesn''t stay on sale long, it was $49 from $99 @ Sharper Image yesterday and they threw in a bottle of cleaner w/ purchase {$20 value}.
I bought one and asked if it was on clearance or just on sale and they said "just on sale".

HTH!
9.gif

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh!!! Thanks for the tip! I''ve been wanting one for a while, but I''ve been holding out for that elusive can''t-say-no deal, and here it is!
31.gif
27.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOH! I want one! Just an FYI, it looks like it''s on sale on the website as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered it, too! Since it was marked down so much, I paid the extra $5.95 for the replacement guarantee which is something I rarely ever do. But since these things are known to die occasionally, I decided to splurge!

Thanks so much for the tip! It is well worth trying at that price, especially since it is new and not reconditioned!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love mine and I paid more for it as a refurb on Ebay.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to the store today and bought one! I called first and the guy who answered said there was only one left, so I made him hold it for me and I left work a bit early to go get it. Soooo stoked! I''m going to set it up in a few minutes and get everything sparkly!

singular

Rough_Rock
The local Sharper Image had a stack of 50 or so right when you walked in. Was able to use a $10 of $50 coupon from here, http://www.sharperimagesavings.com/beyond/ even though it was only $49.95. Great deal!

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
Is this product safe for diamonds?

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
I''m SO happy this has helped some of you!!
36.gif

I popped into my local store today and the shelf was barren, only the tester adn price card left! LOL!

Date: 12/27/2007 10:25:54 PM
Author: Rabe2000
Is this product safe for diamonds?
absolutely, just not for soft stones like opals or pearls and some people don''t recommend putting pave pieces in here I think.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2007 10:41:18 PM
Author: ringabling
I''m SO happy this has helped some of you!!
36.gif

I popped into my local store today and the shelf was barren, only the tester adn price card left! LOL!

It helped a lot-thanks for the scoop! I cleaned my stuff tonight with a Mr. Clean/water solution and it is ridiculously sparkly! Woohoo!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/27/2007 3:18:14 PM
Author: Patiently_Waiting
Thanks for the heads up, ringabling!

And to those wishing to buy online, you can click through this link to receive free shipping!

http://www.sharperimage.com/aff/ls_1207_fsh50/index.jhtml?siteid=r4B3kA9h4zM-EODEpRGtIenZJPq8VMPMYQ

What a deal!
emotion-19.gif
Thank you so much for the heads up! When the sale was taking place last year, I went to the store and there were none left.
20.gif
I''ve been waiting to order one of these babies for a while now! Thank you PW for the free shipping link! I clicked through and I also saved on tax too - this is an excellent deal and I can''t wait to use it!
35.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2007 9:11:33 AM
Author: blushingbride

Date: 12/27/2007 3:18:14 PM
Author: Patiently_Waiting
Thanks for the heads up, ringabling!

And to those wishing to buy online, you can click through this link to receive free shipping!

http://www.sharperimage.com/aff/ls_1207_fsh50/index.jhtml?siteid=r4B3kA9h4zM-EODEpRGtIenZJPq8VMPMYQ

What a deal!
emotion-19.gif
Thank you so much for the heads up! When the sale was taking place last year, I went to the store and there were none left.
20.gif
I''ve been waiting to order one of these babies for a while now! Thank you PW for the free shipping link! I clicked through and I also saved on tax too - this is an excellent deal and I can''t wait to use it!
35.gif
You''re quite welcome, blushingbride. I''m glad the link helped you out. I ordered mine yesterday and can''t wait to use it!
35.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered mine too! Now I will have the jewel jet and the ultrasonic. What were to formulas of ammonia and water or whatever that everyone used in these suckers?
33.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
That''s great! I got one for Christmas, but a sale is always good.

Just an FYI for those eBay scouting (like I did): I contacted SI to see where all the refurbs on eBay were, and the sales rep said they weren''t selling them refurbished on eBay anymore. Hopefully she was mistaken, but if not, jump on this sale while you can!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Ringabling,
Thanks for posting this....and Patiently waiting, thanks for the coupon link!

I just ordered one, too
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to the store and bought one today, thanks for the info!!! Now my sis and mom want me to clean their jewelry too! hehee
9.gif
I am super duper excited to try mine out.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know how long the sale lasts? I need to get over there and get one but I might not get there until Friday or Saturday. Hopefully the sale will still be going on.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2008 10:33:20 AM
Author: steph72276
Does anyone know how long the sale lasts? I need to get over there and get one but I might not get there until Friday or Saturday. Hopefully the sale will still be going on.
Steph, there was only one left at my store; I bet you can call them and ask before you drive out there or have them hold one for you. The sale is in the catalog so I am not sure and I just received my catalog.

ETA: I thought the unit was going to be huge but they are smaller than I had imagined which is good!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skip! I will give them a call before I head up there! Hopefully they''ll have one left!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i ordered one too about a week ago. should be arriving next week. it is still on sale online in case anyone else missed this post

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Whats the word on pave settings??? Is it safe???

I looked at the owner''s manual online, and it only said to be weary of stones set by glue, as it might loosen... and the soft stones that you all had mentioned earlier, including emeralds also.

Can someone help please. Thank you!!!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered mine the day after Christmas and it still isn''t here!
39.gif
On the day that I ordered it I decided that I wouldn''t clean my ring until it got here so that I could see a big difference and be all excited (I know, I''m a dork.) Now my ring is just filthy and I can''t wait to get it!
29.gif

meresal, there isn''t really a consensus about pave. A lot of people say not to use US on pave because it can loosen stones. Other people say not to worry about it, because if you lose a stone in the US at least you know where it is, and there was probably only dirt holding it in anyway. I have a pave ring and I am confident in the craftsmanship, so I plan to use the US maybe once a week. Daily US seems a bit hard on the setting, so I''ll continue my daily scrub with the baby toothbrush in between.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to add that both the Ritani rep and a very respected independent appraiser told me that it was fine to put pave in the US.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 4:58:58 PM
Author: BigDiamonds
I ordered mine the day after Christmas and it still isn''t here!
39.gif
On the day that I ordered it I decided that I wouldn''t clean my ring until it got here so that I could see a big difference and be all excited (I know, I''m a dork.) Now my ring is just filthy and I can''t wait to get it!
29.gif

meresal, there isn''t really a consensus about pave. A lot of people say not to use US on pave because it can loosen stones. Other people say not to worry about it, because if you lose a stone in the US at least you know where it is, and there was probably only dirt holding it in anyway. I have a pave ring and I am confident in the craftsmanship, so I plan to use the US maybe once a week. Daily US seems a bit hard on the setting, so I''ll continue my daily scrub with the baby toothbrush in between.

I ordered mine the same day and it has an estimated delivery date of 1-8. Sheesh. Talk about SLLLOOOOOOWWW shipping.
39.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
BigDaimond-- Thank you so much for your help.

The ring I have right now is a David Yurman Lemon Citrine, with a pave halo... do you think that that is going to be ok? And I guess I do agree that if it falls out in the US, then it probably needed to be tightened anyway.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 4:42:44 PM
Author: meresal
Whats the word on pave settings??? Is it safe???

I looked at the owner's manual online, and it only said to be weary of stones set by glue, as it might loosen... and the soft stones that you all had mentioned earlier, including emeralds also.

Can someone help please. Thank you!!!
There have been a few threads where people lost their pave in the ultrasonic. Here is a thread where Dave Atlas says is best for melee https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ultrasonic-cleaners-safety.19448/ I used it, but not on my brooch w/ all the tiny diamonds; I wouldn't chance it.

Here is a thread w/solution mixtures too on page 5 https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/can-you-use-an-ultrasonic-cleaner-to-often.34606/page-10

I use half warm water, half Mr. Clean and a spray of windex but my ring is platinum. I am not sure what is safe for WG.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink sells some stuff that supposed to be really good and is safe for pave too...

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Love the tip on this!! Thank you!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much skippy... I guess I''ll stick to my lifetime supply of toothbrushes
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results