shape
carat
color
clarity

ugh sinus infections stink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are at near epedemic levels around here right now.
How is it around you?

grumpy storm who cant sleep.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no Storm that is awful, I use the SinuCleanse system and it helps some for regular sinus problems. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chronic-sinus-problems.63655/ A few other PS'ers find it helps them too.

I am sorry, it is frustrating! When I am really suffering I use a nose spray but you are only suppose to use that for 3 days; ahh, the fun days of not being able to breath and the head pain
14.gif
I sometimes use a humidifier too; hope you find relief soon!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, that sux and I well know how you feel, having suffered from one myself!!! I hope you feel better soon!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 6:32:54 AM
Author: Skippy123
Oh no Storm that is awful, I use the SinuCleanse system and it helps some for regular sinus problems. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chronic-sinus-problems.63655/ A few other PS''ers find it helps them too.

I am sorry, it is frustrating! When I am really suffering I use a nose spray but you are only suppose to use that for 3 days; ahh, the fun days of not being able to breath and the head pain
14.gif
I sometimes use a humidifier too; hope you find relief soon!
thanks will look into it,,,

The pharamacy I went too has went thru what is normaly a 3 month sales supply of amoxicillin in the last 4 days.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skip, I just tried the syringing method, my head feels a little clearer....I don't have a bulb, so I used a medical syringe without the needle, seemed to work fine.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My son has sinusitis just now. He has missed two days of school so far. He sat an exam yesterday and he really struggled to concentrate. It was an important exam too, bless him.

I hope you feel better soon Strm
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 8:35:07 AM
Author: Maisie
My son has sinusitis just now. He has missed two days of school so far. He sat an exam yesterday and he really struggled to concentrate. It was an important exam too, bless him.

I hope you feel better soon Strm
1.gif
poor guy prayers outgoing for him.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
They didnt have the SinuCleanse so picked up one of the bottle based ones too try.

What was funny was I was looking for distilled water, saw nursery water in a dozen different places but thought nope that's not it.
Then asked where they hide the distilled water.... woops nursery water is the same thing... one lady customer said no kids huh? I said thank God! lol

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 7:12:18 AM
Author: Lorelei
Skip, I just tried the syringing method, my head feels a little clearer....I don''t have a bulb, so I used a medical syringe without the needle, seemed to work fine.
prayers outgoing for you too hope your feeling better!

triple antibiotic cream with pain reliever sure does help a chapped nose.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 4:44:36 PM
Author: strmrdr
They didnt have the SinuCleanse so picked up one of the bottle based ones too try.

What was funny was I was looking for distilled water, saw nursery water in a dozen different places but thought nope that's not it.
Then asked where they hide the distilled water.... woops nursery water is the same thing... one lady customer said no kids huh? I said thank God! lol
Storm, I think they sell that stuff at Walgreens and Wild Oats. I never heard of nursery water; I would have asked the same thing. hehee Gosh, I hope you feel better. How is Wifey? You 2 are so cute!

p.s. if you don't have distilled water you can get tap and boil it and of course please let it cool before use or boil enough to keep in the fridge.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They do suck so sorry you are suffering!! As you know I''ve had my fair share of them myself. But none lately, so am going to knock on wood after I type this.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
well that was gross and painful but for the first time in 3 days I can sorta breath thu my nose!
worked better than decongestants!!
Thanks for the advise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 5:30:59 PM
well that was gross and painful but for the first time in 3 days I can sorta breath thu my nose!
worked better than decongestants!!
Thanks for the advise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good stuff! Glad you are feeling a little better.

I usually try Advil Cold and Sinus and it works okay. I will try the other recommendations, next time.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
storm, after years of these problems, i resort to the following:

boil water, put boiled water into bowl to create steam, add a drop of pine or fir, lavendar, and eucalyptus essential oil, put head over bowl, breathe deeply with mouth shut, put towel over head and bowl to trap steam if necessary and cool enough.

use essential oils sparingly....take care not to burn your sensitive membranes.

opens up my sinuses and i repeat as necessary.

movie zombie

ps i also add a bit of tree tea oil essential oil as it is a natural antibacterial agent.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm

Did your doctor put you on antibiotics?? I started out as a sinus infection at Christmas time and went right into Bronchitis. I still have it. Can''t get rid of this junk. Am on my second dose of antibiotics.

My doctor gave me a really great decongestant nose spray to use, really opens up the nasal passages and unplugs my ears, so I can hear.

I hope you feel better soon sweetie.

Linda

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I got "Nasopure" last fall and I have not had any sinus problems since, and I get regular sinus infections that drain into my chest and cause bronchitis. One year I was really, really sick for about 2 months. I swear by irrigating my sinuses, as gross as it is, it works, and if it keeps me off antibiotics and keeps me from getting sick, I can do gross for 1 or 2 minutes. After you do it for awhile it''s actually refreshing!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 8:02:50 PM
Author: movie zombie
storm, after years of these problems, i resort to the following:

boil water, put boiled water into bowl to create steam, add a drop of pine or fir, lavendar, and eucalyptus essential oil, put head over bowl, breathe deeply with mouth shut, put towel over head and bowl to trap steam if necessary and cool enough.

use essential oils sparingly....take care not to burn your sensitive membranes.

opens up my sinuses and i repeat as necessary.

movie zombie

ps i also add a bit of tree tea oil essential oil as it is a natural antibacterial agent.
thanks, I have too be careful witth steam because it tends too set my asthma off but that should work for a lot of people!

Got 4 hours sleep after rinsing this evening before my nose plugged up again and my o2 dipped waking me up.
More sleep than Iv had in 2 days combined.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 10:28:48 PM
Author: Linda W
Storm

Did your doctor put you on antibiotics?? I started out as a sinus infection at Christmas time and went right into Bronchitis. I still have it. Can''t get rid of this junk. Am on my second dose of antibiotics.

My doctor gave me a really great decongestant nose spray to use, really opens up the nasal passages and unplugs my ears, so I can hear.

I hope you feel better soon sweetie.

Linda
amoxicillin 10 days.

Sorry too hear about the bronchitus which anti-biotic were you on and which now?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm,

Zpack, which did nothing, now I am on Levaquin. I can''t take the cillons. So I have to take this stuff.

How do you feel this morning.

Wasn''t it last year, you were so sick too? How do you feel this morning?

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 2:48:44 PM
Storm,

Zpack, which did nothing, now I am on Levaquin. I can''t take the cillons. So I have to take this stuff.

How do you feel this morning.

Wasn''t it last year, you were so sick too? How do you feel this morning?

Linda
they have stopped using zpack around here because a lot of bugs were going immune too it.
Levaquin is what they put me one when I had a mild case of pneumonia a few months ago.
Good stuff.
last year around this time I was recovering from surgery on my elbow.
I''m feeling a bit better better the rinse is keeping my nose open so I can sleep face is still all puffy eyes are like slits still but the sleep is helping.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm,

How are you feeling? Are you getting better?

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 12:06:20 AM
Storm,

How are you feeling? Are you getting better?

Linda
much better, catching up on some sleep.
sinuses are still kinda puffy but much better than they were.
nose still kinda runny but not stuffy like it was.
headache is down too a dull roar.
asthma has settled down
overall I think ill live :}

How are you feeling?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you are feeling better, that is good to hear. I am doing better too. Still have a slight earache, but my asthma is doing better too. Hopefully these antibiotics will knock this junk out, once and for all.

I have been catching up on my sleep too. I guess it is the best thing we can do.

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 12:18:21 AM
So glad you are feeling better, that is good to hear. I am doing better too. Still have a slight earache, but my asthma is doing better too. Hopefully these antibiotics will knock this junk out, once and for all.

I have been catching up on my sleep too. I guess it is the best thing we can do.

Linda
Glad too hear your feeling better too!!
yep sleep is good!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is what my Dr. told me. To rest and sleep as much as I can. Glad she told me so, that is what I tell my hubby, ha ha ha ha.

Linda

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Yuck, strm! I''m so sorry you''re sick again!

I have one of the sinus rinses, but I just can''t bring myself to use it. FI is REALLY sick right now, too, so maybe I''ll pawn it off on him!

I sure hope you feel better soon!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 1:23:29 AM
Author: Harleigh
Yuck, strm! I''m so sorry you''re sick again!

I have one of the sinus rinses, but I just can''t bring myself to use it. FI is REALLY sick right now, too, so maybe I''ll pawn it off on him!

I sure hope you feel better soon!
it really does help...

I spoke too soon however tmi but one side has been running like a fire hose since last night around 1am and keeping me up.
dunno what changed but yuck!
maybe kickback from the decongestants I''m thinking.
I hoping that this will be the last hurrah and get all the gunk out.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2008 10:13:28 AM

I spoke too soon however tmi but one side has been running like a fire hose since last night around 1am and keeping me up.
dunno what changed but yuck!
maybe kickback from the decongestants I''m thinking.
I hoping that this will be the last hurrah and get all the gunk out.
Hopefully that is the muck leaving the building and you should feel a lot better soon!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm,

I''m checking up on you. Are you over your sinus infection???????

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 4:49:26 PM
Storm,

I''m checking up on you. Are you over your sinus infection???????

Linda
no :{

one side cleared up but the other is still bad, specially right below my eye.

how are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results