shape
carat
color
clarity

tsavvy''s Swala tsav and spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Awhile back, megeve posted a pic of a tsavorite that I had been eyeing the night before. Well, I know what happens when stones get posted here, so I immediately e-mailed Swala with my questions and asked them to hold it and another stone for me. I figured if I''m having one stone shipped from Africa, why not two? Eric was informative with his responses and the stones were shipped really quickly. Both look as nice IRL as they do in Swala''s pictures, but I had a difficult time taking a decent picture of either and wasn''t going to post pix. However, Megeve pointed out in another thread that I was delinquent in picture posting duties, so here they are
26.gif

Up first is Swala''s picture of the tsavorite - stats are 2.73 ct, emerald cut 9.2 x 7.2 x 4.5mm.

swala_ec_tsav_2.78.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
My picture of the tsavorite -- it has a couple of inclusions in one corner and some needles running through it, but they do not detract from the stone and are hard to see from farther than about six inches. The inclusions don''t show up really well in most of the pictures, though.

swala_ect_1.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
The spinel is a very vivid pink and seems to glow in some lights. It is 2.18 ct., 8.7 x 6.9mm, and is from Mahenge. Here''s Swala''s photo.

swala_pms2.18.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
The tsavorite and spinel together:

swala_ect_sp_2.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Another of the tsavorite and spinel together

swala_ect_sp_4.jpg

H

hlpkaixin3344

Trying to capture the glow of the spinel -- the picture is really fuzzy, but the color looks like this in some lights.

swala_fuzzypink.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Love the colors.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Great stones!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Stones, I''m sooo in love with pink
30.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stones.
12.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful gems! The tsav is gorgeous as is the spinel. It really does seem to glow.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Really lovely stones!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, but we need better pictures, and more of them!! They appear to be such nice stones, but it's difficult to see much from the photos you took. :( Does your camera have macro mode (flower)?

Would you say the spinel looks true to the vendor photo?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Another Mahenge! That glowing pink-red is awesome. And I love emerald cut colored stones. Great choices, tsavvy!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! More pics!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Love them!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Tsavvy, your stones are just gorgeous! I especially like the tsavorite. It''s no surprise that I have been quite vocal in my bewilderment of what people see in these Mahenge spinels but next to that tsavorite, it looks fantatastic! I don''t suppose you will set them together, but those colours are such a compliment to one another.

Nice catch!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stones. Yes, the spinel does glow, LOVE IT.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Marcyc, princessplease, D&T, Lovinggems, szh07, mr. ma re - I''m glad you like them. Thanks for looking and for your compliments
9.gif

TL - I took a ton of pictures and most were horrible.
8.gif
My camera has the macro mode, but it has a hard time focusing on the gems and either won''t let me take a picture or it takes a blurry picture. I just took some more photos, though, and will post the best of the bunch. The spinel looks very similar to the vendor photo - the color looks a bit deeper, though, but the hue is correct. I''m not sure how to explain it. It does do that oval thing where the top half sometimes looks like there is extinction, because of this I may set it E-W which seems to avoid that effect. It is great to see you back, btw
35.gif

Fly Girl -- thank you
1.gif
I just had to join the mahenge club after seeing everyone''s pretty stones!

making the grade, glitterata - thank you!!

Gailey Thank you -- tsavorites are my favorite stone. I was really impressed with the color of the Mahenge - maybe you''ll become a convert?
31.gif

Linda W - Thank you - I''m glad you could see the glow
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones!!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Catmom - thank you. I always enjoy seeing how you set your colored stones
1.gif

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
I attempted to get some better pictures and took some that pair the tsav with some other tsavorites and the spinel with another pink spinel, for comparison. Here''s one of just the tsavorite - it doesn''t look this hazy IRL and the green is a bit deeper.

swala_ect_5.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
The Swala tsavorite is on the left in this picture. The middle tsav is from Gene at PG and is pretty light for a tsavorite (more of an apple green) but I love the cut. The stone on the right is from Rick Martin at artcutgems. It is a great deep green color and one of my favorite stones - it doesn''t have any yellow tones.

swala_ect_f_6.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Another of the three tsavorites.

swala_ect_f_7.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Swala spinel

swala_sp_8.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Mahgenge spinel (on the bottom) and a lighter pink spinel from gemrite. The lighter pink one looks nicer when its not next to the Mahenge
28.gif
This picture is the closest to what the Mahenge looks like most of the time.

swala_sp2_9.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Both Swala stones together -- you can see the tilt window on the tsav.

swala_sp_ect_10.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice Mahenge! wow the color sure packs a punch!
30.gif
gorgeous!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new pics are great! You can definitely see the bluish cast in the new swala tsav, which I adore!

I almost wish my tsav had a smidge of blue instead of being spectral green, hehe. It looks so pretty!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad you posted pics of the tsav. The colors of your tsav and spinel are just awesome!
3.gif
The tsav is just what I imagine it would look like - a nice juicy emerald green! Any plans for setting them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results