shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite lotus

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, MTG, its great! The color is so vibrant and it looks right at home on your finger! I was also surprised by how different it is than your pad, but its really fantastic!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 2:32:10 PM
Author: Novel
Oh, MTG, its great! The color is so vibrant and it looks right at home on your finger! I was also surprised by how different it is than your pad, but its really fantastic!

Yeah, the two rings are worlds apart , haha. The pad lotus is a very delicate, gentle shimmer and very unassuming. The tsav lotus is very bold, boisterous and "LOOK AT ME!". The two don't really play well together
20.gif
Wearing the pad makes me feel dainty and feminine, the tsav makes me want to kick butt and take names!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 2:17:00 PM
Author: tsavvy
The color on your tsav is just incredible and, oh my, it looks beautiful in the two-tone setting
30.gif
30.gif

I think I''ve asked you a billion times, but have you set your avatar tsav yet?

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
It is going into a ring by Leon, so no CADS to share. I just sent off my final payment today and should have photos of the finished ring at some point next week. I sent Leon some photos of my grandmother''s engagement ring and asked him to pretty much copy it, but make improvements he thought appropriate. I am a little nervous, but he''s been very nice. When I saw the photos of your ring, my first thought to hope that my tsav would look as good as yours when set
2.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 11:48:31 PM
Author: tsavvy
It is going into a ring by Leon, so no CADS to share. I just sent off my final payment today and should have photos of the finished ring at some point next week. I sent Leon some photos of my grandmother''s engagement ring and asked him to pretty much copy it, but make improvements he thought appropriate. I am a little nervous, but he''s been very nice. When I saw the photos of your ring, my first thought to hope that my tsav would look as good as yours when set
2.gif

Oh I''m SURE it will be beyond stunning. As much of a jerk as he can sometimes be, I can''t say I''ve ever seen a ring from him where I thought "meh, average", it''s always "WOW! Stunning!". So no doubt it will be a work of art!

Any chance you have a pic of your grandma''s ER posted somewhere?

Looking forward to photos next week!!!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 11:53:33 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Date: 11/19/2009 11:48:31 PM

Oh I''m SURE it will be beyond stunning. As much of a jerk as he can sometimes be, I can''t say I''ve ever seen a ring from him where I thought ''meh, average'', it''s always ''WOW! Stunning!''. So no doubt it will be a work of art!

Any chance you have a pic of your grandma''s ER posted somewhere?

Looking forward to photos next week!!!
I did post a photo in the thread discussing whether one would risk a Leon. Here it is - her ER with my WB. Likely there won''t be a plethora of pictures as Leon typically provides just one, but I will post it!
Thanks for asking
1.gif

hjm_er.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sun was out today AND I got a carnation from a charity fundraiser, so naturally MORE PICTURES! Hope you guys don''t mind.

tsflwer.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In direct light

tsvdirect.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And of course, fire!

tsvfire.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one!

mtgtsvfire.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
love it!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I just can not get over how deliciously glowy your tsav is- omg so gorgeous!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous tsav, MTG. The setting certainly allows it to be the star. Maybe I will get to see it in person someday..
31.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2009 3:00:50 PM
Author: icekid
That is one gorgeous tsav, MTG. The setting certainly allows it to be the star. Maybe I will get to see it in person someday..
31.gif

Thanks! I''m a fan of understated solitaire settings, which is a good thing for my wallet too!

Hehe, if you and LtlFirecracker come to town, Jstar and I can meet you and we can start a convention for docs addicted to colored gems.
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah, I decided to rename her since BeBe just didn''t seem to fit. So instead I chose to dub her Zelda! She''s totally a mystical woodland princess!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful tsav! And looks perfect on your hand!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2009 5:09:53 PM
Author: Pandora II
Beautiful tsav! And looks perfect on your hand!

Thanks! Yours is one of the tsavs that drove me to get one, I just adore your ring!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I was also hoping that the lovely educators on these boards might help teach me how I would properly describe this tsav in terms of hue, tone, and saturation? I'm still trying to learn the proper usage and evaluation of those terms, and like they say, practice practice! And since there is a level of subjectivity to this, I would love to get a lot of opinions (especially those of you with better calibrated and experienced eyes than mine!)

So would this be a pure green hue? Maybe 5% blue? 85% tone? Vivid saturation?
Does that translate into G (or vslbG?) 7/5 (or 6/5?) by the GIA color scale?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.gif
18.gif
what an amazing stone. That color is nuts!!!

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Arcadian! I''m looking forward to your pink spinel being set :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new pictures.
36.gif
I think (based only on your pictures) that it might be vslbG with a medium dark/dark tone. Saturation is medium/strong.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2009 4:56:14 PM
Author: Chrono
I love your new pictures.
36.gif
I think (based only on your pictures) that it might be vslbG with a medium dark/dark tone. Saturation is medium/strong.

Thanks so much Chrono! I figure the only thing to calibrate my eyes against, are the eyes of those better trained than mine! hehe. And the photos are good representations of the color.

Is "medium dark/dark" a 7 out of 8 for tone?
So it would be vslbG 7/5?

Thanks for being patient me while I'm trying to learn the lingo :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results