shape
carat
color
clarity

Tsavorite 911

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Well I think you knew what I was trying to say and I never said a stone had to be cut in the US to be a good cut did I. if you heard that somewhere ( because it sounds like that''s something along the lines of what you''re responding to) it sure wasn''t from me.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 5:47:50 PM
Author: innerkitten
Well I think you knew what I was trying to say and I never said a stone had to be cut in the US to be a good cut did I. if you heard that somewhere ( because it sounds like that's something along the lines of what you're responding to) it sure wasn't from me.
No but you did say, "Native cut basically means it's cut in the country of origin". I thought Lisa's explanation was a much more accurate description and given that you also said, "Okay someone help me out here.", Lisa was taking the trouble to do just that.

Your post implies that Lisa thinks that some how "American cut" personifies a good cut, when nothing could be further from the truth as although she is American herself, she lives in Canada. How did you manage to read the reverse into her post?

I don't know this, but I suspect the term "Native Cut" was around long before the modern generation of precision cutting equipment came about. Like all forms of good technology, it spreads and presumably, in time, more and more cutters in countries where stones are mined will start to use them. Will the term "Native Cut" slide into oblivion at that point? Who knows. For instance, doesn't Eric use the services of an Idar Oberstein trained lapidarist for some of his better quality material?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That is what the term means. And actually I felt that her post was implying that I said a stone cut in America was somehow better which I NEVER said. And I don''t know how that was read.
Thank you very much.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
And I didn't even disagree with her on her opinion of what a native cut should or shouldn't be. I mean I gave only what I know to the best of my knowledge didn't say anything was better if it was cut in one country or another. I felt the response was directed at my answer as well as answering the original question. And yes I did take it personally. And I asked for help because I don't know everything there is about the subject and hoped some more people could come up with words to describe what native cut means which she did.

Thats all I have to say.
I can't write anymore or even think about what I'm writing because my child needs my attention.

lelser

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Honestly, I can''t control when someone misreads something, even after it''s been made clear, and continues to take offense at something I never said or implied.

Someone gave a definition of native cut, and said they weren''t sure it was right. I corrected it, and then orthogonally debunked another common misnomer. I even apologized for being misread! Not much more I can do.

jps

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the information.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey y2, I treid to post to ya last night but it errored out.

I like that stone very much. I read about that new find and I personally really like that ''new'' color. I would buy that stone and look at it all day/every day, LOL.

Y2, tell me some more about the spess ring you bought at Tucson. What is on the side of the setting, and is that a tension set stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results