clarity

Three stone trellis or solitaire?

Solitaire or three stone trellis

• Solitaire

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I am torn between two very different styles for my ering. I like the stuller solstice solitaire but I also love the James Allen three stone trellis setting. Help me choose!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do both styles look great on your hand? I voted Solitaire because that style looks better on my finger, but I do think that three-stones are great for providing a massive BLING effect!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, if you''re going with the recent trend around here, it''s back to the classic solitaire all they way. Is this your first ring or a reset? I had a plain solitaire for 5 years and loved it but wanted something different for my upgrade. however, if it were my first ring, I''d go with the solitaire. you can always get different types of bands to change the look which I just love.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I am tall 5''10 and have massive (by pricescope standard) size 7 fingers. I like the way three stone looks because it provides much bling. But is too much bling not good. I am a teacher in school! I am so torn on this. If get a three stone it would be prob. like a .8 center with 1/4 ish carat sides. So not too big.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 8:51:28 PM
Author: AllieLuv83
I am tall 5''10 and have massive (by pricescope standard) size 7 fingers. I like the way three stone looks because it provides much bling. But is too much bling not good. I am a teacher in school! I am so torn on this. If get a three stone it would be prob. like a .8 center with 1/4 ish carat sides. So not too big.

Maybe I can help out with proportions...here is my "before" shot of my .78ct on a size 3.75 finger, probably similar to what your 1 ct looks like on your finger.

kvlbefore.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
And here is my "after"- the same .78ct stone with .41 and .42 added on in a trellis setting. I know the more similar proportions aren''t everyone''s cup of tea but I really like it and I''m glad I have the three stone.

kvlafter.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
And one more with my wedding ring added (this is a really bad lighting shot; the stones are not gray like this in real life).

kvlafter1.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I broke the tie, the votes were 6 to 6 when I voted.
I tipped the scale in favor of a 3 stone trellis.

It's really six of one, half a dozen of the other. Both styles are goregous and you really can't go wrong with either one.
I prefer the three stone for more bling factor, but a solitaire is timeless and classic.

It's a hard choice, but no wrong answer here.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought solitaire before I saw the photos but the 3 stone won my vote after seeing them.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
well ya got me, I love both those styles. How about the solitaire now with the plan to make it a 3 stone for a big anniversary?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 9:56:40 PM
Author: Logan Sapphire
And one more with my wedding ring added (this is a really bad lighting shot; the stones are not gray like this in real life).
Logan- I LOVE your set!! It looks gorgeous!
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original ering was a solitaire, and that is what I wanted at the time. My tenth anniversary ring is a three stone, and now I know that I am a 3 stone gal!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I like both, but prefer the solitaire for a wedding ring and a 3-stone for a RHR.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I love both but having worn a solitaire for some time now, I''m contemplating getting 2 pear sides for my RB.

I also have an oval with 2 half moons and that''s what tipped me over to the 3-stone side!
31.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I wore a plain solitaire for years and then had it put in a new setting with small sidestones. Now I''ve gone to a three stone ring and I love it! There is nothing quite like that spread of diamond sparkles across your finger!!!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for solitaire. I''ve always loved classic solitaire settings for erings...coupled with an eternity wband.
30.gif
I like three stone rings too but would personally prefer to wear them as RHRs.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
stupid question but what is RHR?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right Hand Ring
1.gif

i started off with a solitaire and my when my DH proposed he said he couldn't decide between solitaire and three stone. he said for our 5th he'd add the sidestones...... it was something to look forward to and that's what i'm doing now! as a matter of fact, when he gave me the go ahead i looked at all styles of settings and was leaning away from three stone to pave bands, others, etc. but once i found the right three stone i fell in love! it's been fun doing it this way. i love the solitaire look and i'm glad i got to enjoy it for a while, but now i'm ready for a change and a little *more*. i like that i can do it while keeping my original stone! i'm not sure that really helps, but there it is FWIW!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, Kissmark, a RHR is right hand ring. Second, Allie, I''m partial to the three stone trellis setting, as that''s what Whiteflash made for us. I love the swoopiness of it. My center stone is .92 RB and the sides are .20 pears.

Here are pictures of my engagement ring and wedding band, both from Whiteflash. In this link there is another link to the pictures that Whiteflash sent us when my ring was finished. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-engagement-ring-pictures-finally.62511/

I do love solitaires as well (especially ones with pave) but three stone rings just looked more complete on me.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I voted for the solitaire. I just love the classic look of a solitaire for an e-ring.

FWIW... I am tall as well. With a size 7.5 finger. My .51 RB is set in a solitaire with pave shank. The pave really adds to the bling factor. For our 11th anniversary this fall, I would like to add the matching pave wedding band.

However, I love the three-stone look as well and considered it for my reset last year. I tired on an A. Jaffe setting that looked so great. I also tried on a Tacori three stone that was stunning. On a size 7+ finger, those three stones really provide some spread.

In the end, I decided that the classic solitaire is what really suits me.

How about the the best of all worlds... start with a solitaire and enjoy it for a while. Then, for a future anniversary make it a three stone!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the pictures! I love the way the three stone looks on the hand...all that sparkle. I think at the end it will really be up to my df to be and his decision to make. I will love whatever he will give me!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 9:56:40 PM
Author: Logan Sapphire
Logan - Your new set is GORGEOUS!!! Wow! (hmmm. . .now, I think I want a three-stone ring too!
9.gif
)

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks february2003 and MC! I love my ring and honestly, couldn''t see wearing a solitaire again. I did keep my old setting and put a 1.25ct Interlap in it, so if the solitaire bug strikes, I can have something to play with.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Logan- did you have your own thread for the new three stone? It''s a Quest ring, right? If you haven''t, please start your own thread for us to drool over!
3.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 7:54:37 AM
Author: zoebartlett
First, Kissmark, a RHR is right hand ring. Second, Allie, I''m partial to the three stone trellis setting, as that''s what Whiteflash made for us. I love the swoopiness of it. My center stone is .92 RB and the sides are .20 pears.
Zoe, I love your ring! *Someday* I would love to have a ring like that, but with a sapphire center, for a RHR. What size ring do you wear?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
In general, I prefer a solitaire for an engagement ring and a 3-stone for other rings. With respect to trellis settings in particular, I love them in 3-stone rings. I just like the way the trellis glides from one stone to another. They''re nice with solitaires but IMO just don''t give the same effect.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I just voted for solitaire, and the results are now a tie at 36 to 36.

Actually, I think both are very beautiful. But, my mama always said to put your $$$ towards a solitaire, and I think mama was right.
26.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kay!! My ring size is 4.75. It''s very loose in colder weather but it fits perfectly in the warmer weather. I looked everwhere for rings and I loved Kaleigh''s avatar, whisch is what made me think to consider pear sides with a RB as the center. In the end, it was the "Leah" from www.knoxjewelers.biz (under recent custom work) that made me decide to get the trellis setting. It you find it and move your mouse over each thumbnail, you''ll get a good view of the ring from all angles.

In the rough

Shiny_Rock
I put my vote with the solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results