shape
carat
color
clarity

Three Stone Setting Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antigoon

Rough_Rock
Kabloom: I finally saw the ring I''ve been looking for. It was in Show Me The Ring and it''s gorgeous. Now all I need to do is figure out how to replicate it.

So I''ve got some questions:
1. The ring above is a Leon Mege ring. Do you think that This Vatche setting would look similar?

2. What are your opinions of Round vs. Square H&A vs. Square (princess) for use as the center stone in a three-stone ring with pear sides like this?I really like the look of the Square H&A (modified round) in the ring. I find a regular round brilliant in a three stone ring creates a look of three separate diamonds, whereas with the square, there is somehow a continuity between the three stones. (Does that make sense?)

Thanks for your help,
Steve

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
So, are you going with a square H&A????? Very nice......
1.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
I think the DVatche one looks very, very similar! It''s beautiful!

And personally I think I''d like the look of a square H&A in it instead of a round or rectangular. Plus I love the square H&A.
1.gif

Don''t forget to consider what kind of wedding band you''d like - with rings like that they often don''t sit flush with a straight wedding band.

I think it will be beautiful. Please post pics when you''ve got it!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two look close enough - not quite, but very close. Unless you want to ask for the pair of that other ring from Leon... the Vatche ring sounds like the best ready-to-wear alternative to me.

Are you going with GOG ? perhaps they might come with yet a third & better idea. Who knows ... I'd definitely ask .
1.gif

Besides... on the thread you cite, there's a note saying:

"Cost wise, I would say that the ring and side stones cost about the same as a similar Vatche (if not cheaper?)."

Have you found out that claim to be wrong ?

antigoon

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2005 2:14:33 PM
Besides... on the thread you cite, there''s a note saying:

''Cost wise, I would say that the ring and side stones cost about the same as a similar Vatche (if not cheaper?).''

Have you found out that claim to be wrong ?

Thanks Valeria. You know, I skimmed the thread and obviously didn''t read it closely enough. I''ll look into it. I did see some posts saying that Leon Mege was a bit difficult to work with long distance, and tended to be a bit dismissive of smaller diamonds (I''m looking in the 73-99 point range), but maybe I''ll give him a call.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results