shape
carat
color
clarity

This makes me sick...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Falcons'' Vick charged with dogfighting

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070718/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_falcons_vick_indictment

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

I can''t even comment on it!...just makes me angry and sad
14.gif
15.gif
39.gif
29.gif

M~

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll comment - I wish that guy was doused with water and electrocuted instead of the poor animal.
29.gif
After having the crap beat out of him first, of course. Fair's fair. Freaking jerks. I can't handle animal cruelty. Drives me nutso.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Boy that just about makes me completely sick to my stomach.
I can''t handle reading that stuff...

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 3:22:26 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I''ll comment - I wish that guy was doused with water and electrocuted instead of the poor animal.
29.gif
After having the crap beat out of him first, of course. Fair''s fair. Freaking jerks. I can''t handle animal cruelty. Drives me nutso.
Ditto!!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Michael and Marcus Vick, in my opinion, are a couple of punks with limited intelligence and ZERO CLASS.
It would be nice to read something GOOD about them in the news every once in a while. (Football aside)

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I am so disgusted by this I can''t even deal.

I am half tempted to write a letter to the Falcons about it...advocating that they terminate Vick immediately.

Although I guess the whole innocent until proven guilty thing should apply...but when it comes to animal abuse, I kind of lose it.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I do not understand what possesses people to do this, please God, I never will.

Shame on them and anybody the has opportunity to stop it/ call the authorities and doesn’t take that opportunity.

Shame.
38.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 3:32:58 PM
Author: littlelysser
I am so disgusted by this I can''t even deal.

I am half tempted to write a letter to the Falcons about it...advocating that they terminate Vick immediately.

Although I guess the whole innocent until proven guilty thing should apply...but when it comes to animal abuse, I kind of lose it.
They could suspend him pending investigation. I think?
33.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 3:22:26 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I''ll comment - I wish that guy was doused with water and electrocuted instead of the poor animal.
29.gif
After having the crap beat out of him first, of course. Fair''s fair. Freaking jerks. I can''t handle animal cruelty. Drives me nutso.

Yes, and in addition it makes me so sad. The poor dogs
15.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
yup...makes me mad and so sad at the same time
29.gif
39.gif
. I was watching the news during lunch and I could barely watch the screen when they were showing the poor dogs. It is just so wrong in so many levels.

I hope they kick him out of the team...if not, then I hope the fans boycott the team to force some action. He is a public image, with that comes some level of responsibility...which is what some "celebrities" don''t understand. This is not the image you want to give to young fans out there and it is the team''s responsibility to show that they are not ok with this and it is not acceptable!!!!!!!!!

M~

7.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
He''s connected to some dogfighting here in Maryland as well... It''s getting bad here in Baltimore City. I live about 2 blocks from a huge park and one of my neighbors found a black lab in the park that was tied to a tree and covered in bites. She took it to the vet and they suspected it had been used as bait in a dog fight or in training. The dog had over 100 wounds and a broken leg. The vet was able to sew him up and put a cast on him and the neighbors all pitched in to pay the bill that the vet capped at $1400 and somebody else adopted the dog named "Lucky". This was about 2 weeks before Vick''s story hit the news.

I just can''t stomach these kinds of things. Not only are the dogs fighting getting hurt, but they also use dogs and cats as bait. It''s just disgusting. There are too many people that don''t value animals.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is horrible!!! He is psycho for sure! Those poor animals
emcry.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 3:57:01 PM
Author: sumbride
He''s connected to some dogfighting here in Maryland as well... It''s getting bad here in Baltimore City. I live about 2 blocks from a huge park and one of my neighbors found a black lab in the park that was tied to a tree and covered in bites. She took it to the vet and they suspected it had been used as bait in a dog fight or in training. The dog had over 100 wounds and a broken leg. The vet was able to sew him up and put a cast on him and the neighbors all pitched in to pay the bill that the vet capped at $1400 and somebody else adopted the dog named ''Lucky''. This was about 2 weeks before Vick''s story hit the news.

I just can''t stomach these kinds of things. Not only are the dogs fighting getting hurt, but they also use dogs and cats as bait. It''s just disgusting. There are too many people that don''t value animals.
Sum that''s horrible
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
People here have started using pit bulls as weapons in robberies. (guns are illegal). Scary and terrible for the dogs.

The whole situation with this dogfighting ring is appaling. I mean--ugh. I know farming and slaughtering has its problems, but there is something about doing it for the sheer sadistic pleasure of the violence that makes it so much worse.

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
It''s sad, but what really made me feel sick today was the guy who kidnapped a women and her 5-year old child, and threw the child to get eaten by alligators. Where the h*ll do people get these ideas?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/07/18/abducted.girl.ap/index.html

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s official. Sometimes, I hate people.
38.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I'm just watching Nancy Grace and they're talking about this indictment...it's just HORRIBLE...makes my stomach turn.

They breed these dogs for this purpose only and if they're not aggressive, they kill them. In order to breed, because the females are so aggressive, they put them is this "torture" kind of cage where the poor doggy's head can't move so she can basically get raped by the male dog.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

So she can't defend herself and these sick people can continue on doing this. It is just horrible.

These people are just sick. It's so upsetting......
29.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Sick, sick, sick, sick.

init4thecake

Rough_Rock
I hope in jail they lock him in a cage and beat him half to death.. day after day. I am just imagining him trapped in a cell where inmate after inmate constantly terrorizes, violates and tortures him at any hour with NO hope of escape or relief. So I am going to focus on the image of him lying on a urine soaked cement floor.. both eyes swollen shut, blinding him.. jaw broken, shoulder dislocated.. lets break the clavicle and a few ribs before both knees are ripped beyond repair.. but its the shattered pelvis that is causing him the most pain until he hears another one come in and he knows they are going to flip him over and, well.. you can guess what my plans are for him next. Hmmm... just a blueprint for the animal loving inmates he may be incarcerated with. If his money keeps him out of jail, I hope it cost him every single cent he''s got and someone out there teaches him a lesson he won''t forget.

I don''t understand dogfighting at all, what a horrible abuse of animals who only want love and companionship.

Finally, how stupid to have this kind of business when you are a nationally recognized sports figure. its probably naive and silly to say, but I really hope its not true or a gross exageration. At least, for the animals sake.

If it is true, well.. you know what I think should happen to him.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
In case any of you are interested, here is a link to get Michael Vick suspended from the NFL indefinitely https://community.hsus.org/campaign/US_2007_dogfighting_nfl2.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for that link!!!!!!!!!

I sent it to everyone I know. I can''t believe they are not thinking of suspending him....what message are they sending?. Sure, everyone is "innocent" until proven guilty, but they could suspend him "pending" the investigation. If he is guilty I hope they suspend him forever though.
29.gif

M~

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Ughhh this whole situation just makes me cry..

I grew up in a house that ALWAYS had a pit bull around... everytime I see these pictures of hurt pit bulls or fighting.. or read about the process (I know I shouldnt even read it...) I cant help but think of my first childhood dog.. buddy blue.. he was the most precious thing on this earth... Pit bulls get such a bum rap.. but man.. I tell you.. if the world is ever lucky enough to see even for a second what my beautifuly puppy was... his attitude... everything... they would never EVER put these dogs in these situations...
In my head I had always thought of pit fighting as a very aggressive thing... barking, growling... Imagine my complete surprise when two days ago I watched a 4 min. clip on CNN about dog fighting and these poor babies were just crying.. neither of them barking or growling.. they were in so much pain that there was no anger... It breaks my heart to see this...

ughhh.. I hate this.. I hope he rots in jail... and if it turns out that this scumbag truly did electrocute one of these babies... I hope they hook him up so he can suffer the same fate... sponge bath..electrode.. misery...

Michael Vick is a sick twisted thing.. (I cannot even dignify it by calling him a person... he isnt even worth of the dirt on the bottom of my shoes.)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anybody involved in that activity has lost the right to be called a human being.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 8:43:56 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Anybody involved in that activity has lost the right to be called a human being.

Amen to that!!!

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock

I struggle with this almost daily. I have a APBT (American Pit Bull Terrier) and live in downtown Cincinnati. Over the past 4.5 years that I have had Momo, I get people picking their dogs up and walking the other way, crossing the street, snickering at me, telling me they will call the police on my dog "what for looking mean?), etc. Living downtown in Over The Rhine (home of 2001 riots) and a vastly up and coming but still struggling neighborhood, I get numerous "neighbors" as we call them (predominately drug dealers, crackheads, and kids with no responsible parents) that stop me and question me. "How old is he?", "How much did you pay for him?", "Do you breed him?", and "Do you fight him?".

It makes me SICK that these people would ask me that. Unfortunately many of these people grew up seeing dogs fight and think its appropriate or a form of sports gambling. Michael Vick was quoted as saying he grew up watching them. I have actually had a guy try to debate me about fighting my dog (because he is very big and strong for his breed) saying that its cool and I could make money doing it! GET A FLIPPING LIFE.

If there is ANYONE on here who believes in the stigma that Pit Bulls are mean dogs or should be exterminated or anything negative about them... I pray that you educate yourself and learn a very powerful phrase I tell ignorant people who make comments to me. "PUNISH THE DEED NOT THE BREED!". They are some of the most loyal, abiding, and impressive dogs I have ever seen.

Momo is a natural (still has his twins) 85lb Turtlebuster/Kingfish APBT. I am not going to fill the thread with pictures but he is an aggressive looking dog as he has a large head and defined muscular chest and back legs. He has never snapped at a person, bitten anyone for any reason, he lives with an 11lb mini dachshund and has been around dogs of all sizes and breeds his entire life. (Why wont it let me link a picture?)

I did not mean to thread jack, but maybe to educate a little bit. Michael Vick is a zit on our society's face and he needs popped along with every other people remotely like him.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 100.86%; HEIGHT: 174px">Date: 7/20/2007 9:46:21 AM
Author: phiberoptik

If there is ANYONE on here who believes in the stigma that Pit Bulls are mean dogs or should be exterminated or anything negative about them... I pray that you educate yourself and learn a very powerful phrase I tell ignorant people who make comments to me. ''PUNISH THE DEED NOT THE BREED!''. They are some of the most loyal, abiding, and impressive dogs I have ever seen.

I am with you on this one phiberoptik... this whole thing is just heartbreaking.. I''ve had 4 pitbulls in my life.. and they are hands down the greatest dog!! We have NEVER had a problem with them.. and I miss them everysingle day.. I always joke about how they would lick you to death before hurting you.

I think its commendable to note that on this board there hasnt been a signle negative comment about the breed.. and that makes me so happy because usually the knee jerk reaction about these dogs is that they are the problem.. not the people who are handling them.. Kudos to PS for that.. it is seriously heartwarming!!

Dog fighting is a horrific awful hobby for these monsters..it serves nothing more than the immoral jerks'' wallets and I hope that this case will shed light on the growing problem...

I just got into a one hour messaging argument with my husband about the link that was posted to petition the NFL to suspend Vick. He doesnt believe it should happen until Vick is convicted, although he believes Vick is Guilty. I on the other hand feel like the mere appearnace of impropriety should at the VERY least be enough for the NFL to suspend him temporarily until he is proven guilty or innocent.
I just have a serious problem with him being the quaterback of a professional football team.. being a public figure, and someone who adults and children alike look up to... WE pay his salary through ticket sales and sports memorabilia purchases... the NFL and VIck should have a sense of responsibility to us... the ones who pay...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pit Bulls are like people - they learn what they live. If they're raised with love, they will be loving. If they're raised with abuse and hatred, they will be vicious.

I regard the sub-human scum that train them to be vicious as tumors on society's colon rather than zits on society's face.

phiberoptik

Rough_Rock
Yes I agree, it is nice that no one has jumped the gun about pit bulls. I appreciate the education of the people on this site. I have learned this is one of the more sophisticated boards I have visited on the internet.

I think Nike should fire him NOW, have a bonfire with his shoes, and send him the bill for them.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think anyone on here was implying anything bad about Pitbulls.

Having said that...I would probably be one of those that walks the other way if I saw you with your dog. I wasn''t like that until the accident in January (where my neighbor''s Rottie attacked me)....and I can''t help to feel a little nervous. But I am with you all...nobody should punish the breed!. My dad has a very large Brazilian Fila...and I love that dog!! he''s the sweetest thing.

What I''m saying though, is don''t judge people that walk away when they see you...you don''t know why they are doing so and why they feel nervous. I walk my dog everyday by my house and everyday we run into this guy with his Pitbull. From before the accident we''ve always ran into each other and I can see the dog is as sweet as can be and he has full control of his dog. So I never walk away from them because I don''t feel threatened by them at all.

Anywho...I''m threadjacking my own thread!....haha..

I can''t stand animal cruelty...it truly makes my stomach turn!!! The things they did to these poor dogs are just sick. These people have no hearts...or any kind of morals. It will come back to them though...life always catches up with you and what goes around comes around.

M~

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, I agree with everything that everyone has said about Michael Vick and more - Bijoux said it perfectly, that he gave up his rights to be treated as a human being when he decided to treat dogs this way, or even just to condone it or "look the other way" as it was done on his property.

Also about pit bulls - I believe VERY strongly that they are, if properly bred and socialized (like any dog breed needs to be properly socialized during puppyhood), wonderful dogs (more so than most breeds), and that the sick twisted and unspeakable acts that people commit using them are a crime against society and the world, in addition to the poor dogs. I''ve worked with some incredibly lovely pits in the shelter where I volunteer, and I can''t imagine that anyone could meet and get to know these dogs and still hold misconceptions about them. They really are sweet, friendly, lovable animals.

That said, philber, your dog sounds like a wonderful guy and I respect your decision to own this wonderful breed in spite of the negative feedback and comments you get. However, I have to say, that I give people who I see out walking their un-neutered pits (or any other breed) that aren''t up to conformation (show) standards dirty looks. As someone who volunteers in an animal shelter, I''ve seen and heard about the horrendous massacre of adoptable dogs that occurs every day in this country and I can''t for the life of me understand why someone would keep a dog who is purely intended as a pet intact - it has nothing but potential downside, including behavioral issues, and unintended breedings, as well as, with a pit or any other breed with a bad rap, increasing the blame that will be heaped on you (and the consequences that will be heaped on your dog), should anyone ever provoke your dog or allow their dog to provoke your dog and something happens (even perfectly wonderful, well trained dogs with stable temperaments can be provoked if they feel threatened or think you are). If your pit is intended for show or sports where he has to be intact, then I respect that and my comments are not directed at you. However, if that is not the case, I would plead with you to at least consider having him fixed. This link, from a well-respected pit bull advocacy group, discusses some of the arguments for why this is so important to protecting the reputation of the breed as a whole. Please, to you and anyone else who may be reading this, spay and neuter your pets - there really is no excuse not to.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results