shape
carat
color
clarity

This little piggie cried "I''''m blingless!", soooooooo.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Mara and Al J. The kindred friendship that you both share has been fantastic to watch unfold. I know I don't post very much, but in the few years I've been here, I have often felt like I knew you both just by reading your posts. Mara, you just naturally strike me as such a generous woman, so I'm not terribly surprised to hear about this, and I am quite in awe of you.
1.gif

By the way, Mara - we know what Al is doing with her half - what are you doing with yours? Maybe a matching yellow gold toe ring?
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful, kind and generous thing for you to do Mara!!!! It warms my heart to read posts like this.

I have been on PS almost 2 years now, it just amazes me how warm and kind the people are.

I can''t wait to see your piggy ring Alj.

Linda

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Dani, Lorelei, Skip, Ellen, Orbaya, Harleigh, Erica, and Metro: Thanks for chiming in; you''re all right on that Mara is exceptionally generous, especially in her spirit. I think it''s why so many folks on PS gravitate to her.

Gypsy: Yep, I knew Mara''s gesture wouldn''t come as a surprise to you and many of the Bay Area gals. She''s even warmer in person than she is here.

D/Dana, Bee, and Hlmr: I don''t know about deserving it, but it''s truly sweet that you all think so. I''m touched - thanks!
9.gif

D/Fan: You''re right about her generosity. She''ll make an excellent area neighbor if she ends up in your neck of the woods.

DKS: Your few sentences really hit the heart of the matter and resonated with me. She has a TON of character, and I''ve always thought that her giving spirit comes through in her posts, too.

Kaleigh: Thanks! I know you know firsthand how strong the bonds can be with another PSer. Thanks for your kind words.

777 Lady: Thanks so much, I think the toe ring is a fitting choice too, given the giftor.
2.gif

NELady: How sweet! Believe me when I say it honestly made my day when I learned of it, too.....more for her thoughtfulness than anything. Our rings will be very similar, but not quite matching as Mara thinks my yellow gold fetish is TACKY (LOLOLOL - she''s teased me about that for years!)

Mrs. Salvo: Thanks so much; that means a ton coming from you! I''ve always held you in high regard, too, and the feeling is mutual; I think you''re definitely a cornerstone of PS as well.

Sumbride: I''m SO not surprised your radar was already perked; you''re very intuitive! I have a TON of open-toed shoes already; now all I''ll need is the right weather to sport them! 10 degree days just don''t cut it; the toe rings woudn''t look good on FROSTBITTEN piggies!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 11:24:06 AM
Author: Mara
hmmm mebbe i should have included some sort of 'no yellow gold' stipulation and stuck poor alj with wearing yucky white gold on her toes!! then she'd REALLY think of me every time she looked at them!
3.gif
11.gif

no seriously. this post is so heart-warming, and alj is such a gem for posting it. personally, it was not a big decision for me to want to split the gift. she's been here as long as i have and i often think that in the old days before PS was such a large community, having a kindred spirit going through the same stages of life as i was, we were quite blessed to find each other! and i don't know that i would have stuck around as long if alj hadn't either...we watched PS grow together as we grew ourselves in our personal lives.

so it just seemed natural (as someone else already noted!). i knew she was mulling around toe rings....every time we see each other she raves about mine. so i thought, well this is perfect...something 'connected' to me anyway what with the whole idea of the diamond toe rings and now i can be instrumental in making her dream of them come true!! i was SO excited to tell her...but it was right around holiday and so we didn't catch up with each other for another 2 days. she was ecstatic but true to nature said 'oh no i can't take that...you have worked for it'. i said 'well so have you'. (plus i mean come on, think it's easy being my friend? i'm sooo HM!!!
12.gif
)

everyone i have told thus far was like 'wow that's so amazingly generous of you!' i think 'really??' i was just doing what i felt was right! to me this gift was like 'found money'...and it only made sense to share it with someone who has given as much of her heart and soul to PS as i have...she just writes more lengthy posts less frequently.
5.gif

so thanks everyone for all your lovely words, but really there was no other optionin my mind! (and i still don't entirely understand why it's such a big deal!!! hehee...) i also can't wait to see her little piggies all blinged out...and then next time we hang out we can take dual feet shots for everyone. yikes...beware PS.
3.gif
It's TOO LATE for stipulations, MISSY! They are already in the works in *HISS* ......yelllllllllllllllooooooooooow! LMAO!
11.gif
9.gif
31.gif

We really have gone through many life stages together; here's to many, MANY more!

She jokes about being high-maintenance
11.gif
, BUT......... she's smart enough to know it, and smart enough to flock together with all of us other detail-obsessed gals!
9.gif
WOO-HOO! Honestly, she's not nearly the devil she makes herself out to be
12.gif
, but I don't want to ruin the take-no-prisoners reputation she's worked so hard to build! LOL
2.gif

Besides, she has her own crosses to bear with me! Example in her words above: "it only made sense to share it with someone who has given as much of her heart and soul to PS as i have...she just writes more lengthy posts less frequently.
5.gif
"
*THIS* is her very cute and endearing way of calling me a WINDBAG! LOL

I dunno know about the dual foot shots...hahaha! This is a family forum, yanno!
3.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is WOW!
6.gif

And... much deserved, in both cases!
36.gif

And... bring on the bling shots!
31.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I came to get an education, but I''ve stayed because of people like Mara. What a thoughtful gift!

And, in my education, I''ve learned how little I know-so I just keep reading all the posts from you ladies (and gents).

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Canuk-gal, Sparkalicious, CdnBlingGal, Minims, and S/Shiny: Thanks to all of you for sharing in this thread and your really kind words about Mara's generosity and spirit. She has really embodied what PS is about for a long time.

Catmom, Alexis,and LindaW: You're all right; there is an unmistakable fondness and bond with so many of the PSers here. It's an absolute quality bunch of people. It's been so gratifying to be a part of PS from the days when there were few regulars to its presence today with so many robust and genuine regulars.

Belle: Thanks especially for your kind words. You're right; I'd do it myself in a minute, too, and the honor of getting to know you goes right back at you. I'm continually amazed at the wit and intelligence here on PS, and you are a huge piece of that for me too.

FG: HAHAH - if she'd have tried, I know you'd have been right there trying to woo her over to the dark, key-lime side with us!

LaurenTheP: It's really warming to know that it's been as fun to be a spectator as our wacky friendship has developed. It's especially nice to know that people feel like they know us from our posts because our posts really do reflect fairly true to who we are in real life, too. People we've met during GTGs always seem to marvel at how "us" we are in person - LOL. And NO matching gold toe ring for Mara; she'd never hear the end of it from me, and I think her body would convulse if she adorned it with Y/G! LMAO....

Thanks so much to all for your contributions to this thread; Mara surely deserves the kudos. She's going to be *uncharacteristically* quiet for the next few days as she's travelling (to someplace ridiculously cold for a Calif. girl!), so I'm sure your responses will help to warm her back up when she returns home later this week.
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s awesome! You''re a true friend, Mara!

Alj, can''t wait to see your piggies blinged out!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a great gift - found money or not, it is an awesome gesture Mara!
36.gif

I cannot wait to see your new piggies all blinged out Alj. Congrats to the both of you for being lucky in the great friendship you two share!
36.gif
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww... now *that''s* true friendship! I wish you both many many long years of happiness with your toe rings!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Here's to a wonderful friendship, Alj and Mara
36.gif
Now, show us your toes
31.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
What a wondeful gesture and one that typifies the sense of solldarity and friendship of this forum.
Group hug everybody
slider_grouphugg.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 3:48:59 PM
Author: Linda W
What a wonderful, kind and generous thing for you to do Mara!!!! It warms my heart to read posts like this.

I have been on PS almost 2 years now, it just amazes me how warm and kind the people are.

I can''t wait to see your piggy ring Alj.

Linda

I couldn''t have said it better. Bravo, Mara. What a thoughtful friend.

Aljdewey, I''m not sure which to congratulate you on first -- having such a kind friend or being such a kind friend, not to mention the cute toesies rings! I''ve always admired Mara''s.
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hooray for kindness and friendship and toes covered in diamonds! I can't wait to see, Al!!

P.S. Mara, you'd better watch it, your scary reputation is pretty close to being compromised.
2.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Mara, what a wonderful, generous gift. You add so mouch to this place just by being here. Alj, enjoy it! I can''t wait to see pics.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Awww, you guys! Mara, it REALLY was a generous gesture, and the fact that you didn''t even think twice about making it says so much about you. And Al, I can''t think of anyone who deserves it more! You''ve certainly been a big help to me, and to so many other people. Enjoy!

Now, is there a thread somewhere on these famous toe-rings?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I find it especially fun to see what people get when they receive some $$$ that they have to spend on jewelry. What a great choice Mara made with her funds, in so many ways.

Looking forward to the toe ring pictures.
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
OMG, what a nice, sweet, thoughful gift. Your friendship has grown in such ways over the years and I am so happy that you have found someone who shares not only your love of diamonds, but also shares all the other stuff in life with you.

Mara, you are so sweet and thoughful and I am so amazed at your generosity and hope in the future you can share something with me as well. pretty please??? With a cherry on top?????? oh come on! I don't have toe rings and my feet are really ugly, so I really need them.......
31.gif

ETA: But seriously, it's great to read about something nice for a change here...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t even go out of town for a few days without missing something!!! That is really wonderful, Alj!!! PS has so many nice people and this is just a great example of the friendships we can develop here! You and Mara will definitely have to take some side-by-side foot shots for us when the weather gets warmer!
9.gif
I look forward to seeing your toe ring!!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
You are both class acts! Honestly, both of you doing "the right thing" and practically shrugging it off...it warms my heart and makes me so happy to witness.

Yea! Can''t wait for bling shots!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are all too cute. Thanks so much for all the heaping praise and sweet words, though SERIOUSLY it's not a big deal...I know I sound like a broken record, but I am just all too pleased to see Alj so excited with her upcoming toesie rings.

For those who asked...here is my original thread on the toe rings...from years ago!!!! I'm still amazed they have held up as well as they have considering I am barefoot a lot, wear sandals 3/4 of the year and am a clumsy gal. I haven't lost a stone yet...who says 2mm eternity isn't durable?!?!?...whee!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/guess-what-i-got-with-my-ps-10k-gift.32353/

PS...LOL Kimi re: my 'rep'...shhhhh. I'll always be a little
11.gif
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 11:21:48 PM
Author: Mara
You guys are all too cute. Thanks so much for all the heaping praise and sweet words, though SERIOUSLY it''s not a big deal...I know I sound like a broken record, but I am just all too pleased to see Alj so excited with her upcoming toesie rings.

For those who asked...here is my original thread on the toe rings...from years ago!!!! I''m still amazed they have held up as well as they have considering I am barefoot a lot, wear sandals 3/4 of the year and am a clumsy gal. I haven''t lost a stone yet...who says 2mm eternity isn''t durable?!?!?...whee!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/guess-what-i-got-with-my-ps-10k-gift.32353/

PS...LOL Kimi re: my ''rep''...shhhhh. I''ll always be a little
11.gif
11.gif
Oooh so glad you gave a link to that thread, off to read it now. That was fun!!!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, this doesn''t surprise me at all!

The few times I''ve met Mara, she has always spoken very highly of you Alj, and from the little I know about her I know that she doesn''t say anything she doesn''t mean. I''m very pleased for both of you...congrats on the gift and may you both be here for many more years to come!!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
This just made my day.
1.gif

Alj, I love reading your posts and I''m glad that Mara found a way to "give back" for all your thoughtful words. And Mara...can I just bow down to you? I know you don''t think it''s such a big deal, but I''m so touched by your generosity. I would love to get my hands on as much bling as possible so that, um, I think I''m greedy...and to hear that you''ve shared your gift reminds me how nice it is to share!! (I confess, last week, I had sushi from my favorite restaurant and I did not want to share).

The world would be a much better place if there were more Aljs and Maras.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
oh how wonderfully generous and thoughtful! You reap what you sow and Ms. Mara has oodles of good karma coming her way!
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
what a super-cool gesture from a super-cool gal! WOOT for Mara.

can''t wait to see your blinged-out piggies, Alj!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an awesome thread, I''m so glad I finally caught up. Mara, you are truly a sweet person for a doing such a nice thing, and you could have picked a better person to give a gift to. Alj, enjoy your toe bling, you definitely earned it! I can''t wait to see pictures too!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I'll join in the chorus
9.gif

I am really impressed with both of you - Mara for your generosity, and Alj I really respect that you appreciated Mara's gesture so much that you wanted to start a thread acknowledging it. Good friends and good karma to both of you! Can't wait to see the side by side piggy shots!
10.gif
--puts shades on in anticpation of sparkly blingy toes--
Flip flop weather will be here soon!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well since the chainsaw has been retired...I figured that I couldn''t leave the PS''ers hanging on the toe ring pictures...!!!

Here they are...unfortunately side-by-side piggy shots will have to wait til Alj and I see each other again in a few months...but these shots are fabulous enough on their own!!

Al toe rings 9830.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Al toe rings 9845.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results