shape
carat
color
clarity

"Third Time's the Charm"

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just made my third CC purchase. They do say "third time's the charm".

As many of you know, purchase #1 has been traveling the world for 2 and a half months, sometimes as close as 10 blocks from me only to travel to another state. For maddening details, see this thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-purchases-from-caroline-cardellini.190262/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-purchases-from-caroline-cardellini.190262/[/URL]

Purchase #2 was lovely, but not quite right for me and found a happy home within the PS "family". For details, see this thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bsomlo-and-mrs-taylor.192372/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bsomlo-and-mrs-taylor.192372/[/URL]

I learned from the jumbos that I was looking for ripples that were drop shaped (not round), more colorful, and not quite as huge. I decided to buy the following, which I have named the "figs". The only change I'm making is that the gold donut beads you see as spacers will be replaced by tiny gold beads to add movement to the necklace. There are charming long drip fig earrings, too, not pictured here:

figs_1.jpg

figs_2.jpg

figs_3.jpg

figs_4.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful! I really like their color and shape. Fingers crossed that the third time is a charm and these will be keepers :twirl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
figs! I love it.....and they are gorgeous.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
we have the weirdest mind melds. I've been in love with those forever and calling them figs to my dh. I have onions, don't I need figs? :lol:

I can't wait to see them on you. I love them so much I'm glad someone I know got them!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Catherine mailed the package, so I should be posting neck and ear shots by the end of next week -- hopefully. I'm really looking forward to meeting them, and "pearl fondling" them (a phrase coined on the other forum). I think these will be winners!

Meanwhile, here are shots of the earrings (SO cute!) and the necklace restrung. Catherine suggested changing the donut spacers to tiny ones. I think it looks better and will provide more movement to the necklace:

figs_restrung_1.jpg

figs_restrung_2.jpg

figs_restrung_3.jpg

figs_restrung_4.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I re-read to make sure I didn't miss the specs while busy ogling. Length and size pls! I am a pearl geek... :geek:

Hope you get them soon! I like the mix of colours on different ends of the pearls. So interesting!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
My apologies. Of course. Here is the info:

Excellent lustre, with pale golden overtones on lilac in indirect daylight. Light golden lavender in artificial light. Pronounced drip shape.
Strung on powerpro and knotted with tiny gold spacer beads between each pearl.
EARRINGS: Have a drop of 3cm from piercing, pearls measure 10.3mm x 9.8mm x 14.2mm and 10.2mm x 9.6mm x 14.3mm.
Grade: AAA
Pearl Size: 12.5mm x 12.1mm x 17.4mm centre front, then 12.3mm x 11.9mm x 16.5mm, 12.2mm x 11.7mm x 16.2mm,11.6mm x 11.2mm x 16.4mm down to 10.2mm x 10mm x 14.5mm at clasp.
Length: 17.5 inches (44.45cm)
Clasp: Handmade rolled gold hook and eye.

I also like those two dark figs on either end!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh these look fabulous restrung with the smaller beads :appl: :appl: :appl: Love the earrings too :love: And I agree with you and icy jade, those dark figs on the end are just beautiful!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I'm admitting jealousy. I love.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
oh I hope you love these!!!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Please tell me these have arrived. I'm dying to see!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith -- you and me both! I am very excited about this necklace. I think I'll love it! And it's different from anything I have.

My PriceScope friends will be the first to know when it arrives!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot wait to see it!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
ugh!! I thought they had arrived! :read:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
jenncent|1378352570|3514795 said:
ugh!! I thought they had arrived! :read:

Haha, me too :geek:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
They will very soon! B, are you getting really excited?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I actually am really excited. This necklace is so unlike anything I own. It would be nice if I could get it by Saturday...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It's true. Third time IS the charm! I AM IN LOVE.

figs.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Beyond fabulous. Truly incredible. I adore them. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! I am totally envious and those earrings are FANTASTIC!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I love the shapes on those and the rainbows of course!!! Gorgeous!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
(Purring like a satisfied cat... with a big smile. I guess that would be a Cheshire.)

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am so happy that these worked out and that you love them!!! :appl: :appl: They look gorgeous on you!!! :love: So well deserved. Enjoy!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!! :appl:
Moar pictures please! :love:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
YES.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! Love the colour, love the drop shape, love everything!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
So happy they arrived quickly and that you love them. They look fantastic on you!!!! :love: :love: :love: SO pretty and I love the earrings too.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yay! :appl:

So happy for you. They look great. Enjoy!
What did DH say about your new pearls by the way? ::)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! It was such a pleasure to wake up and see these beauties this morning. They looked different than last night. They are lighter in real life than in the still life picgtures and less golden in real life than the neck/ear shots. They are pinker in real life; light golden lilac to the eye. A few more shots:

With right earring:

With left earring:

figs_on_window_sill.jpg

fig_set.jpg

fig_with_right_earring.jpg

fig_with_left_earring.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
they are so far beyond perfect. Just unreal. I LOVE them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful pearls. I love the nifty shapes a lot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results