shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking about a cab... show me yours?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2010 1:01:28 PM
Author: Novel
I''m with you, LD. I really like the color and I''ve been hankerin'' for a cat''s eye! And the tourmaline just isn''t what I''d be looking for, I think. I''d be worried about too dark, too.
I wouldn''t be surprised if that Chrysoberyl changes colour as well
2.gif

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 12:09:04 PM

Oooh, Virgoruby, that sounds neat! Do you have any more details on it? Which ring design? Is Sally sourcing the stone?

Wow, so many lovely cabs..
30.gif

Novel - I haven''t contacted Sally yet, though I intend to do so (hopefully) soon.. when/if I do, I will definitely ask her if she can source a natural, untreated aqua. The ring design I like is this , though I want the stone to be a lot bigger - something like 15mmx10mm - and in 18k gold bezel ring.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 10:21:00 AM
Author: Gailey
Flygirl''s rose quartz and Burberry Girl''s cabs are among my absolute favourite cabs I''ve seen on PS. I''d like one of each. The other one I like is Canuk-gal''s fabulous prehnite. I''ve got one of those in the works with Julia K Taylor.

FG, you really need dangly earrings to mach that rose quartz.
Thank you Gailey, MZ, Novel, and Burberrygirl.

Gailey - I''m always on the lookout for great pairs for earrings. Let me know if you see any matching rose quartz cabs.
2.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 5:16:54 PM
Author: virgoruby
Date: 1/24/2010 12:09:04 PM

Oooh, Virgoruby, that sounds neat! Do you have any more details on it? Which ring design? Is Sally sourcing the stone?

Wow, so many lovely cabs..
30.gif

Novel - I haven''t contacted Sally yet, though I intend to do so (hopefully) soon.. when/if I do, I will definitely ask her if she can source a natural, untreated aqua. The ring design I like is this , though I want the stone to be a lot bigger - something like 15mmx10mm - and in 18k gold bezel ring.

Oh, I was looking at that today! I like that design a lot, and that sounds beautiful.

LD, you just sold me!

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I kind of like agate cabs. This highly translucent blue agate cab was cut specifically for this client owned antique setting. It''s always nice to do something a little different and making shaped cabs on the faceting machine is always fun. This lets a person cut rectangular, hexagonal and elongated diamond shapes among others.

Kristal3.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2010 6:48:23 PM
Author: Michael_E
I kind of like agate cabs. This highly translucent blue agate cab was cut specifically for this client owned antique setting. It''s always nice to do something a little different and making shaped cabs on the faceting machine is always fun. This lets a person cut rectangular, hexagonal and elongated diamond shapes among others.
Oooooooooo lovely!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Michael, that stone glows. And the way it works with the intricacy of the setting is great. It kind of looks to me like something medieval royalty would wear, you know?

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/24/2010 6:59:00 PM
Michael, that stone glows. And the way it works with the intricacy of the setting is great. It kind of looks to me like something medieval royalty would wear, you know?

It does, doesn''t it ? That''s one of the neat things about agates, (other than being very inexpensive), is that when light hits them it just sort of flows all through the stone. I took that picture under a cherry tree, on top of a rock wall, during the summer. The wind was blowing a little and the sun was dancing all over the place. I wanted a darkish background because the camera I was using would wasn''t too good when the light got too bright. I got lucky and had a sun ray flash into the stone just as I took this picture. Getting good pictures is always such a challenge.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that blue agate is lovely with that antique setting!

mz

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got this. 13 carat translucent prehnite cab. It's actually a minty green, but it doesn't show in the picture. It has a blue sheen in there.

TLprehnitecab.JPG

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty TL!

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
I love cabs aswell. Here is a picture of a ring I purchased a few years ago. Aqua cab in 18k gold.

cabaqua.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
I have a project in mind for some sugarloaf cabs, but I have found very, very few when looking around. Where do you guys buy your cabs?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh all of these cabs are just lovely. Keep this thread going and some of use facet lovers might go over to the CAB side!
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m still on a waiting list for the right sugarloaf to show up but all this talk of cabochon complete pictures is driving me crazy, but in a good way.
9.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
lovely cabs everyone! definitely makes me want to get some more
27.gif
To me they just have this great ethereal quality to them...

my ruby has a flat top opposed to the domed shape that so many others seem to have. don''t know if this is because of the star or what? anyway, I love it
30.gif

Karaslotusruby2.jpg

DistinctionJewelry

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Another big fan of prehenite here :) I take it you''re looking for greens that are under or around $100.00? What about chrysoprase?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, Kas, I love your ruby lotus! Its so pretty and the color is perfect for it.

Distinction, thanks for the suggestion. I think my cab hunt is on hold, thanks to some impulse ebay spinel buying and an apt break-in that may necessitate a move. But I love seeing everyone''s cabs here anyway, so keep it coming!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
These pendants are from a funky ring my sister took apart and had these three pendants made. They are emerald, ruby and sapphire. Approx size is 5x7 mm of color in each.

IMG_4448_1.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
The orange cab is an opal.
9.gif
I love it''s bright color.

opal_spinel.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2010 6:02:41 PM
Author: colormyworld
These pendants are from a funky ring my sister took apart and had these three pendants made. They are emerald, ruby and sapphire. Approx size is 5x7 mm of color in each.

Are they beautiful!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a picture of an old "black star" diopside

diops111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another angle...it is difficult to capture the star...
These are two old earrings in rose gold. The earrings are so heavy it feels like a medieval torture to wear them. I plan to make a pendant and a ring from them since it is rose gold. But should I polish the stones first?

diops222.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results