shape
carat
color
clarity

There''s a fire on her ring and it''s all Wink''s fault

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joycer

Rough_Rock

joycer

Rough_Rock
Sorry, hit the wrong button before it had a chance to type in the body :)
Just wanted to extend my thanks to Wink Jones over this forum and let everyone know how incredible it was to work with him. I had an old diamond recut to an Eightstar... and SHE SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!! Wink was very helpful and patient with me. I must have sent more than 50 emails to him and he was always very prompt in answering my questions and settling my nerves. Sending the diamond away for over a month and not knowing what to expect (never seen an Eightstar before) had me constantly wondering if I had made the right decision, but Wink was always right there to reassure me, and everybit of what he said and more was true. It is an incredible diamond, if there''s even the smallest bit of light around, it will find it and turn it into rainbows. After I picked it up I spent hours testing it out in every lighting condition I could find, and have yet to be dissapointed. The hardest part about the online purchase for me, was not the trust issue of sending money over the internet and wondering what I was going to get back, but not being able to see what I was spending all of my $$$ on. As I said, wink was tremendously patient. If all of his customers were as worried as I was during the process, he may have stopped selling 8*s a long time ago. I look forward to working with him in the future, (wink- we need wedding bands for next summer!) and if I''m ever in Idaho I''ll definitely be stopping by. I would recommend him to anyone looking for top quality service to match his top quality goods.

Truely grateful (Karen is too!)
-joycer

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the engagement.
How about treating us to some pics?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Doyou have before and after shots?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear of your great experience with wink. Congratulations on your engagement and please post pics when you get a chance.

joycer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the kind words!

I''m trying to post some before and after pics but I keep getting an error message? I''ll try again a little later.

-joycer

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
is it in the right format? orirgnal name?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jocyer, yep ... Wink is quite a guy. He has a fan club here you know. You can add your post on this thread if you like.

Congrats on your engagement.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wink is part of a dying breed--the true gentleman. Congrats to you and more kudos to Wink!
36.gif

joycer

Rough_Rock
The diamond started out as a 1.1ct ideal cut and it looked like this under the firescope.

Winfield_Recut.jpg

joycer

Rough_Rock
It is now a 0.91ct 8* with this idealscope image... the firecope image I have is too large to attach to the thread.
-joycer

EighstarIScope.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations for the engagement !

Have you seen the diamond both before and after the recut ? The initial picture does not look half bad either
1.gif
Was it dissapointing in person ?

What does the ring look like ? Was it made by Wink as well ?

joycer

Rough_Rock

Hi valeria101,

The ring is a classic platinum three stone ring, with two ACA side stones. The good folks at whiteflash made the ring for me. It is very similar to the ones they already have but I had them set the side stones with 3 prongs instead of 4. I liked the look of having one prong in the center of the band so I had them do some slight modifications for me. I also know that everyone whose worked with them has also had nothing but great experiences and that they sell H&A melee which I thought was a nice touch to the three stone look.

-joycer

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/4/2005 10:46:48 PM
Author: joycer
Sorry, hit the wrong button before it had a chance to type in the body :)

Just wanted to extend my thanks to Wink Jones over this forum and let everyone know how incredible it was to work with him. I had an old diamond recut to an Eightstar... and SHE SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!! Wink was very helpful and patient with me. I must have sent more than 50 emails to him and he was always very prompt in answering my questions and settling my nerves. Sending the diamond away for over a month and not knowing what to expect (never seen an Eightstar before) had me constantly wondering if I had made the right decision, but Wink was always right there to reassure me, and everybit of what he said and more was true. It is an incredible diamond, if there''s even the smallest bit of light around, it will find it and turn it into rainbows. After I picked it up I spent hours testing it out in every lighting condition I could find, and have yet to be dissapointed. The hardest part about the online purchase for me, was not the trust issue of sending money over the internet and wondering what I was going to get back, but not being able to see what I was spending all of my $$$ on. As I said, wink was tremendously patient. If all of his customers were as worried as I was during the process, he may have stopped selling 8*s a long time ago. I look forward to working with him in the future, (wink- we need wedding bands for next summer!) and if I''m ever in Idaho I''ll definitely be stopping by. I would recommend him to anyone looking for top quality service to match his top quality goods.

Truely grateful (Karen is too!)

-joycer

Wow! Cam that is very nice of you and it is greatly appreciated! I learned so much this past few days in Vegas, I spent time with Pete Yanser, Paul Slegers, John Quixote, Richard von Sternberg, Gary Holloway and others who were able to teach me even more than I already know about diamonds and how to evaluate them. Every thing I learned confirmed and strengthened my belief in the need to understand cutting. You have made an excellent decision. Cutting really IS the key to beauty.

There will be or already are several threads about the contribution to this knowledge that the AGS is making. I dream of the day when all clients understand at least the basics and diamond cutters are forced to cut prettier diamonds for everyone, not just the few like you who have made the effort to learn.

Wink

P.S. I am going to go look for threads that I know have been started while I was away, I want to share some of what I have learned...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/5/2005 2:05:21 PM
Author: joycer

Hi valeria101,

The ring is a classic platinum three stone ring, with two ACA side stones. The good folks at whiteflash made the ring for me. It is very similar to the ones they already have but I had them set the side stones with 3 prongs instead of 4. I liked the look of having one prong in the center of the band so I had them do some slight modifications for me. I also know that everyone whose worked with them has also had nothing but great experiences and that they sell H&A melee which I thought was a nice touch to the three stone look.

-joycer

Joycer and I talked about me making the ring, but he wanted a Verragio piece and I do not carry them. He also wanted the H&A mle that are often hard to source and I wanted this ring to be perfect for his fiancee. He told me he had been talking with Lesley at Whiteflash and I encouraged him to work with her since I knew they would take great care of him and his new treasure.

Whiteflash did an excellent job (no surprise there) and now he has every thing that he wanted for her. I received his email this morning telling me that he had posted here and that SHE said yes!

While I would loved to have been able to do the ring for him I am also very willing to work with other vendors to create the finished treasure.

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2005 3:23:52 PM
Author: Wink
While I would loved to have been able to do the ring for him I am also very willing to work with other vendors to create the finished treasure.

Wink

Wink you rock and that shows a big reason why :}
Pricescope rocks and thats a huge reason why :}
And cant forget WF they rock too.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is much truth in you Storm Hopper.

(Old out of date joke to VERY OLD Kung Fu tv series. You younger viewers will not understand...)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results