shape
carat
color
clarity

The Pizza Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
This Chicagoan eats enough Chicago-style pizza to more than make up for DeeJay and Portia''s heresy, I mean preference.

In fact, I just asked DH to order up some Spinach deep dish for dinner. Life is good.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 5:45:09 PM
Author: jas
This Chicagoan eats enough Chicago-style pizza to more than make up for DeeJay and Portia''s heresy, I mean preference.

In fact, I just asked DH to order up some Spinach deep dish for dinner. Life is good.
Jas, that sounds so good, I love Spinach!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well, me it''s the place that makes the pizza. We have a pizzaria near my house named Como...and they make the BEST all dressed pizza. I have friends that live abroad and the first thing they do when they visit me is have pizza from that place.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 5:47:09 PM
Author: Skippy123

Next time you''re in chicago, we''ll gorge!!

I also love margarita pizza...from Costco.

*ducks*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 5:54:48 PM

Date: 8/15/2008 5:47:09 PM

This Chicagoan eats enough Chicago-style pizza to more than make up for DeeJay and Portia's heresy, I mean preference.

Next time you're in chicago, we'll gorge!!

I also love margarita pizza...from Costco.

*ducks*
Yay, it's a plan
3.gif
and I can't wait to see the baby's!
9.gif
I love Costco pizza too! hehe
41.gif
(hoping the HLT peeps don't see this, LOL)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m eating leftover pizza right now! I''d say "What a coincidence" but I eat so much pizza that it isn''t that surprising.

Another Chicagoan here, and OH MAN do I love pizza.
I actually think that''s why the dear hubby and I originally hit it off so well, our mutual love of pizza. No joke.
My colleagues at work make fun of me because I bring a lot of leftover pizza for lunch, too.

We eat more than our share of Chicago-style deep dish. We probably order it at least twice a month. But we also like a few thin crust pizzas, too. We had our rehearsal dinner at Lou Malnati''s, actually. It was a given.

Here are my favorites:
1. Lou Malnati''s deep dish butter crust cheese and pepperoni. Hands down the best pizza available on the planet. Thank goodness they ship pies anywhere--my parents used to send me pizza every month when I was in college!
2. Giordano''s deep dish spinach. Heaven.
3. Barnaby''s thin crust cheese and pepperoni. Must have their root beer with the pizza, as well.
4. Pizzeria Uno thin crust with pineapple.

I LOVE PIZZA! It''s the best food in the world. But I really dislike fancy shmancy pizza; there''s a place near us called Viccino''s and that pie is way too posh for me. Keep it simple and delicious, please.

Great thread.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! We have a growing group of Chicago PS''ers!

LOL Jas, too funny! Now, I should have been more clear... I would *never* turn down a slice of pizza no matter the thickness!
3.gif
Hehe

Haven, I love Lou Malnati''s!! Maybe I''ll have to try the deep dish next time. Sounds soooo good!!!

DeeJay, Thanks for the tips. I had heard it gets pretty crowded so we''ll definitely try going late (we''re late eaters anyway). Good to know about the BYOB policy. Do they have good wines or is it better to pay the corkage fee and bring your own? Would love to meet up sometime... you had mentioned coffee before but pizza sounds waaaaaaay better! Oh, no... getting hungry again!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Okay another Chicago gal giving her .02 here.

First of all I am so not a Lou Malnati''s fan. My BF absolutely loves Lou''s saussage deep dish, but I cannot stand the stuff. However, Lou''s brother Rudy has his own pizza place called Pizano''s (http://www.pizanoschicago.com/), which has the best thin crust I have tasted! He and I do both agree that Peaquods is our favorite (http://www.pequodspizza.com/) deep dish. Peaquods is not nearly as large of a name as Lou Malnati''s, Giordanos, Uno, etc., but they are hands down the best IMHO due to their carmalized crust. They call it a pan, but it is closer to deep dish than it is to pan. For deep dish, my second favorite is Giordanos stuffed with spinach.

Here is a review of Pequods via Metromix.com

Pequods - http://chicago.metromix.com/restaurants/pizza/pequods-pizza-lincoln-park/135690/content (the site does not mention it, but they have a location in Morton Grove in addition to their down town location)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 5:09:33 PM
Author: radiantquest
i love mushroom, black olive and extra cheese.

my fave place to order is papa johns cause i looove that garlic butter dipping sauce *drools*

That is what my hubby always orders
9.gif

My favorite is pepperoni with artichoke hearts, thin crust. Papa John''s or Mountain Mikes. Pizza Hut is excellent too. When we were in New York, OMG that is the BEST pizza we ever had in our life. Hubby was eating it every single day.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 10:03:10 PM
Author: portia

Wow! We have a growing group of Chicago PS''ers!

LOL Jas, too funny! Now, I should have been more clear... I would *never* turn down a slice of pizza no matter the thickness!
3.gif
Hehe

Haven, I love Lou Malnati''s!! Maybe I''ll have to try the deep dish next time. Sounds soooo good!!!

DeeJay, Thanks for the tips. I had heard it gets pretty crowded so we''ll definitely try going late (we''re late eaters anyway). Good to know about the BYOB policy. Do they have good wines or is it better to pay the corkage fee and bring your own? Would love to meet up sometime... you had mentioned coffee before but pizza sounds waaaaaaay better! Oh, no... getting hungry again!

I will have to ask the HH if they have wine as well as beer or if you have to bring you own. I''ll let you know!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
BBQ chook pizza is my faaaavourite.
18.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE making my own - did last night, in fact. I use the cheapest pizza crust (Jiffy or Hy-vee) and roll it out really thin, spread corn meal on the pan before putting the crust on, then pop it in the oven sprayed with olive oil and brushed with some fresh minced garlic. Then pull it out, add tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, grated parm, basil, capers and onions and cook until it''s nice an melty.

Tastes like Italy - amazing.

Yummm... I love any kind of pizza....

Zoe - have you tried California Pizza Kitchen''s BBQ Chicken pizza??? I LOVE bbq chicken pizza and I have had it at their restaurant in King of Prussia, PA but they also make it frozen and you can get it at your supermarket - it''s delicious!!

In general, I used to LOVVEE sicilian style pizza but lately I have been getting more into thin crust "gourmet" pizza. I work in NJ and I just tried this pizza a few months ago that is a local specialty - salad pizza!!! It''s a pizza crust with sauce and then on top is lettuce (shredded) and tomato and parmesean cheese. It can be topped w/oil and vinegar --I like it dry -- and it''s served room temperature. It is unbelieveably addicting!! I get cravings for it at least once a week now!!

When I was younger i used to like spaghetti pizza, taco pizza, chicken parm pizza, and chicken marsala pizza. I am definitely adventurous with my pizza - I love when I can get it by the slice so I can try different toppings!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I like ham,pineapple,black olives,and mushrooms.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2008 10:13:38 PM
Author: jewelerman
I like ham,pineapple,black olives,and mushrooms.
Gosh, I love ham and pineapple!

Then once in awhile I love anchovies, I know, everyone thinks they are ick! I just NOW started like them, go figure!
28.gif

I also love pepperoni or cappicola ham, yum!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
My husband loves the meat lovers and I love the veggie lovers. Needless to say I usually end up compromising. We both like thin and crispy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to add that the Lean Cuisine Brick Oven Style Pizza in Garlic, Carmelized onion and chicken is delicious
3.gif
3.gif
if you are looking for something low cal!!!
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 10:27:23 PM
I have to add that the Lean Cuisine Brick Oven Style Pizza in Garlic, Carmelized onion and chicken is delicious
3.gif
3.gif
9.gif
Skippy - did you eat pizza today?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 11:46:35 PM
Author: Miranda

3.gif
3.gif
9.gif
Not today, but yesterday!hehe My sister and I went shopping today and I insisted she buy a couple. DeeJay, says she warms up marinara and dips it in since they have a light Alfredo sauce instead of marinara. Have you tried it?
41.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 11:52:43 PM

3.gif
3.gif
9.gif
Not today, but yesterday!hehe My sister and I went shopping today and I insisted she buy a couple. DeeJay, says she warms up marinara and dips it in since they have a light Alfredo sauce instead of marinara. Have you tried it?
41.gif
Haha - I was asking because I ate pizza today. We must be having the same food cravings. I thought it was funny that we ate the same thing for dinner (burgers)yesterday and then pizza today. No, I haven''t tried it. Maybe I will.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 12:02:01 AM

3.gif
3.gif
9.gif
41.gif
Haha - I was asking because I ate pizza today. We must be having the same food cravings. I thought it was funny that we ate the same thing for dinner (burgers)yesterday and then pizza today. No, I haven't tried it. Maybe I will.
I did have a 1/2 slice of Pizza at Costco for lunch! haha So Burgers last night and pizza today!
mmmpizzapizza.gif
FUNNY
9.gif
Is that what the kiddos ate too? Did you make the pizza and burgers or buy it? Last night we went for burgers because hubby wasn't up for cooking and he was pooped from riding his bike home from work
41.gif
and the sitdown restaurants waits were too long so it was burgers
mmcheeseburger.gif
for us! haha

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh I'm glad this was bumped! I didn't see it the first go-round!

I love thin crust... crispy if I'm in the mood, which I usually am!! Whole wheat if possible. It tastes much better to me. FI and I currently love the roasted garlic sauce/mozzarella/artichoke hearts/capers/tomatoes/basil pizza we get from Zpizza.

In my simpler pizza days, I preferred just mushrooms
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 12:04:22 AM

Date: 9/21/2008 12:02:01 AM

3.gif
3.gif
9.gif
41.gif
Haha - I was asking because I ate pizza today. We must be having the same food cravings. I thought it was funny that we ate the same thing for dinner (burgers)yesterday and then pizza today. No, I haven''t tried it. Maybe I will.
I did have a 1/2 slice of Pizza at Costco for lunch! haha So Burgers last night and pizza today!
mmmpizzapizza.gif
FUNNY
9.gif
Is that what the kiddos ate too? Did you make the pizza and burgers or buy it? Last night we went for burgers because hubby wasn''t up for cooking and he was pooped from riding his bike home from work
41.gif
and the sitdown restaurants waits were too long so it was burgers
mmcheeseburger.gif
for us! haha
We made the burgers on Fri. night and ordered the pizza (one pepperoni and cheese thin crust, one California pizza - veggies and chicken - with thin crust, and one dessert pizza with apples, mascarpone, and amaretto). Thin crust is DH''s fave. I prefer thick chewy crust, but, really don''t eat much so I let him pick. Yep, the kids ate the same thing. Well, minus the beer!
28.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite is home made pizza. Nothing can top a pizza with a lighter amount of cheese. IF I do order out, it''s alphy''s with cheese, canadian bacon, and pinapple, however, the amount of cheese they stick on grosses me out. Usually, the kids eat the junk pizza, so I have a few bites, and then enjoy a steak with a beer instead
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 5:56:35 PM
We made the burgers on Fri. night and ordered the pizza (one pepperoni and cheese thin crust, one California pizza - veggies and chicken - with thin crust, and one dessert pizza with apples, mascarpone, and amaretto). Thin crust is DH's fave. I prefer thick chewy crust, but, really don't eat much so I let him pick. Yep, the kids ate the same thing. Well, minus the beer!
28.gif
Miranda, Wow, a dessert pizza, I always thought they were an Urban ledgend.
lol.gif
2.gif
It does sound Delicious, and of course you have to have pizza w/that beer! LOL I am such a silly willy tonight! hehe

I think I am going to turn into a pizza, seriously; hubby requested I make the homemade kind. I did and he loved it and after I made it I realized I am taking a friend for lunch tomorrow to eat pizza for her birthday (her request)!
face20.gif
eek, I think it will be a little while before I have it again, never thought I would say that, maybe I will go for the salad tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results