shape
carat
color
clarity

The Pizza Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. I have been contemplating getting some good ol'' Domino''s Pizza (it''s been a long time) for dinner and it brought me to post a thread on here.....

We all have a "favorite" or "ultimate" way to have our pizzas.....What''s your absolute favorite type of pizza?

Personally, I am a thick/pan crust girl with lots of cheese, pepperoni, pineapple and black olive. (My fave)

The S/O however is strictly a meat n'' cheese guy so we always have to compromise (either to cheese or just pepperoni...boring!!!!)

Lately I have taken a liking to those new Ultimate Foccacia Pizza''s by Digiorno....SOOOOOO GOOD!

For delivery I love Dominos or the Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust......

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love Chicago deep dish-style pizza (a la Giordano's...if only I lived in Chicago!) that takes 45 minutes to cook and has that buttery crust. D is a classic NY-style pizza lover--thin crust and huge slices that you fold like a taco. Classic midwest girl meets east coast man.

Toppings can be anything...but I like them classic and fattening. No gourmet pizza for me--pesto, grilled chicken and artichokes need not apply.

Strangely enough my favorite pizza--aside from the Chicago staples--was from this place in Maui. I think it was BJ's pizza? I don't know why, but I fell in love with it. Why is all the pizza I love so far away?!?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
NEL You and your DH BOTH have great taste in pizza. I just love pizza, so I appreciate both the thick and thin crust depending on my mood! You should come out to Chicago and I''ll drive down to have some deep dish with you. YUMMY!

For toppings I like a lot of things. There''s a local place here that does fresh tomatoes and pesto that I love, I also love good old cheese. And I love veggie loaded pizzas. I don''t like anything too weird or gourmet, or meat!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's sacreligious to say this since I do live in Chicago (sorry NEL and Neat!) but I like my pizza thin crust--the thinner the better. I want half mushrooms and pepperioni and half canadian bacon and onion. There is a place by us called Coal Fire where they make the pizza in a coal fired oven and it cooks in about 3 minutes. YUM!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 11:59:50 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
It's sacreligious to say this since I do live in Chicago (sorry NEL and Neat!) but I like my pizza thin crust--the thinner the better. I want half mushrooms and pepperioni and half canadian bacon and onion. There is a place by us called Coal Fire where they make the pizza in a coal fired oven and it cooks in about 3 minutes. YUM!
Wait a minute? Dee*Jay, you LIVE in Chicago and like thin-crust pizza?! OH THE HUMANITY! That sound is me crying about the injustice of geography...here I am stuck in thin-crust-pizza land and you have the delicious deep-dish at your fingertips!

2.gif

ETA: I'll trade you a WHOLE authentic thin-crust pizza for your yummy new Todd Reed!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 12:04:50 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady

Date: 8/14/2008 11:59:50 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
It''s sacreligious to say this since I do live in Chicago (sorry NEL and Neat!) but I like my pizza thin crust--the thinner the better. I want half mushrooms and pepperioni and half canadian bacon and onion. There is a place by us called Coal Fire where they make the pizza in a coal fired oven and it cooks in about 3 minutes. YUM!
Wait a minute? Dee*Jay, you LIVE in Chicago and like thin-crust pizza?! OH THE HUMANITY! That sound is me crying about the injustice of geography...here I am stuck in thin-crust-pizza land and you have the delicious deep-dish at your fingertips!

2.gif
Oh NEL... I felt bad even posting that knowing it would cause you agnst!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Super thin, crispy crust for me. I can''t eat cheese (dairy allergy), but if I could, I''d want lots of mozzarella and goat cheese. Pepperoni, onions, and green pepper, too!

Mmmmmmmm.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
For delivery, I love Domino''s..but I also love the Papa John''s thin crust italian pizza with the seasoning and the like five cheeses. Yum yum! To go out to eat I love stone oven pizzas or pizzas with chicken and different kinds of cheese.
5.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We have a great pizzeria near my in-laws. They have THE freshest ingredients. The crust is a good compromise between a thicker chewy crust and a thinner crispy crust. It''s crispy on the bottom and a little chewier in the middle. My favorite is sausage, green peppers, hot peppers, and onions. And, they keep all the toppings down with extra cheese on top so you don''t have rolling jalapenos!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I make my own Thin Crust pizza (less calories). I love this local place called Il Vicino and it is thin crust, baked in a wood oven, yum!! You can find me there once a week. I have tried the Chicago deep dish butter pizza and OH MAN is it GOOD! LOL
3.gif
One slice is lethal though! hehe

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
A local chain here has the BEST pizza...

pesto and tomato sauce base on wheat crust with garlic chicken and spinach
30.gif

Otherwise, just cheese for me, though sometimes a nice white pizza is yummy...

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
fun thread!

i really LOVE quattro stagioni pizza. it means "four seasons" and each quarter of the pizza has a different topping to represent a season -- it''s prosciutto, artichokes, tomatoes, and mushrooms. it is Yummy, and something i usually only have with my family, so happy memories!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love thin crust, and it''s even better if the bottom is slightly crispy. I''m not a huge deep dish fan, although really, you can''t go wrong with dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings. I''d *force* deep dish pizza down if I HAD to.
3.gif

My guilty pleasure is pepperoni (but I do blot the grease off the top). My husband is a total meat lover, so he''d have no problem with a pepperoni and sausage pizza.

I also love:

Veggie
BBQ sauce, grilled chicken, and onion pizza, with or without black olives.
Hawaiian
Mexican pizza made with taco or fajita meat/chicken

I like some gourmet pizzas, depending on the toppings. I don''t like white pizza that much though.

I can''t stand any of the "House of..." pizza places -- the crust is always tasteless and the cheese is rubbery. Yuk!
14.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
NEL -- have you had Sal''s? I''m not sure if there''s one near you in MA but there''s a bunch of ''em in NE. They''re really good but the crust could be a bit crispier. The slices are huge, and definitely foldable like a taco. D. might like it!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love any type of pizza, but my hubby is really picky. He eats meat and cheese and doesn't like deep dish very much. Our favorite pizza is Primos or Jets. Yummm....
18.gif

BTW- The greasier the better!!!

krispi

Shiny_Rock
My absolute favorite is a Pizza Hut pan pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni
30.gif
!!! It upsets my stomach severely every time I eat it, so I don''t get it very often
39.gif
, but boy is it yummy!

dendon

Shiny_Rock
Love thin crust pizza from E. Boston (Santarpio''s) or from Chelsea (The Brown Jug). Garlic is the best but only if you don''t want to talk to anybody that night!!
18.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, NEL, another Chicagoan here that likes thin crust.

Athough I do like deep dish too, just don''t order it much. My DH and I seem to cycle though pizza places. Used to get Giordano''s and Gino''s East. Lately it''s been Pizzeria Ora and Lou Malnati''s. Yum! I''m getting so hungry writing this (especially since DH and I have committed to eating healthy now
14.gif
).

DeeJay, we''ll have to try Coal Fire. My hubby used to live in that area and his siblings currently live there so we''re always in the neighborhood.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
DH drives me crazy because he absolutely LOVES Pizza Hut pizza, and that''s what he wants to get EVERY time we get pizza! I''m a fan of Pizza Hut, but it is just so heavy and greasy that I actually feel gross if I eat it too often. I love all different types of pizza, and like ordering from different places all the time. But we also have these little Italian places around us that still sell pizza by the slice (I think it might be NY style), where you get a big, floppy piece for around a buck. DH and I are both cheese only for our pizza, but sometimes I love a little pineapple as well (but no ham).

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2008 10:41:36 AM
Author: portia

Sorry, NEL, another Chicagoan here that likes thin crust. <ducks and runs>

Athough I do like deep dish too, just don''t order it much. My DH and I seem to cycle though pizza places. Used to get Giordano''s and Gino''s East. Lately it''s been Pizzeria Ora and Lou Malnati''s. Yum! I''m getting so hungry writing this (especially since DH and I have committed to eating healthy now
14.gif
).

DeeJay, we''ll have to try Coal Fire. My hubby used to live in that area and his siblings currently live there so we''re always in the neighborhood.
Oh Portia you''ll love it! They used to be BYOB (until last weekend as a matter of fact) but now you can''t bring in your own beer but they will still let you bring your own wine for a $10 corkage fee.

Two words of caution: Go early or go late but if you go 7ish to 8ish you will have to wait for a table (they don''t take reservations), and they only have two salads, neither of which we love, so concentrate on the pizza.

One more thing, if you decide to take left overs home and reheat them either do it in the oven or in a frying pan becuase the crust is so thin that it doesn''t do well in the microwave.

We should meet up there some time!

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
When we eat out, we go Mellow Mushroom. And, when I want to make pizza at home, I make it with french bread! It is so good and even though its non-traditional pizza, I just love it, especially if the bakery has a fresh loaf of sour dough fb.
emotion-33.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 7:32:03 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
NEL -- have you had Sal''s? I''m not sure if there''s one near you in MA but there''s a bunch of ''em in NE. They''re really good but the crust could be a bit crispier. The slices are huge, and definitely foldable like a taco. D. might like it!
Thanks for the head''s up, Zoe!! We''ll have to try it! We go up to Maine pretty often, so even if there isn''t one near us we can still try it. I actually don''t mind NYC-style pizza, I just won''t admit that to D.

There is a great deep-dish place in Boston (and providence) called Sicilia''s--it''s the only local deep dish that seems authentic. I keep hearing that the Providence location is better, but I''ve tried them both and they seem pretty comparable.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My favorite pizza is the one filled with orange grease that drips down into your plate and is so greasy you don''t know where the cheese ends and the crust begins.

Some of you may know that as NY pizza
18.gif

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmm pizza.... We are chicago peeps as well, and we LOVE deep dish from Giordanos and Uno the best. FI has adapted my taste for Canadian Bacon and Pineapple. I could TOTALLY go for a piece right now. Yum Yum!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 10:44:39 AM
Author: Sabine
DH drives me crazy because he absolutely LOVES Pizza Hut pizza, and that''s what he wants to get EVERY time we get pizza! I''m a fan of Pizza Hut, but it is just so heavy and greasy that I actually feel gross if I eat it too often. I love all different types of pizza, and like ordering from different places all the time. But we also have these little Italian places around us that still sell pizza by the slice (I think it might be NY style), where you get a big, floppy piece for around a buck. DH and I are both cheese only for our pizza, but sometimes I love a little pineapple as well (but no ham).
My husband and I occasionally go to Pizza Hut for their salad bar and their thin crust pizza. It''s actually really good -- not heavy or greasy at all. The regular kind of pizza isn''t as good, and it is kind of heavy and greasy. You should try the thin crust -- it''s super thin and really yummy. I also love how PH has become more of a "real" restaurant. At least the ones near us are more upscale than they used to be.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another Chicagoan and we love Brick Oven Pizza!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love a nice, thin, crispy crust with chicken, bell peppers, and onions. MMMM....Or just cheese. Yum yum yum.

Dangit, now I want pizza.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I love the classic NY pizza. i like it extra thin.. really greasy and i fold it over.. yum.. i am hungry and i wish i could head to jersey for some now

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 3:53:42 PM
Author: princesss
I love a nice, thin, crispy crust with chicken, bell peppers, and onions. MMMM....Or just cheese. Yum yum yum.

Dangit, now I want pizza.
Me too!!!! LOL

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i love mushroom, black olive and extra cheese.

my fave place to order is papa johns cause i looove that garlic butter dipping sauce *drools*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results